Oscillicious has released version 1.3 of BeatCleaver, a major update of the beat slicing tool for Windows and Mac.
New features include a state of the art time stretching engine, support for the FLAC audio format, drag and drop sample export, and on-the-fly chopping.
BeatCleaver is a beat slicing tool for sampling beats, recordings, and songs. Its intuitive design and fluid user interface create a fast, frustration-free workflow.
Slice templates and multiple export functions are just one click away, making music sampling with BeatCleaver easy and convenient.
With the integration of a new, state of the art time stretching engine, BeatCleaver can now warp and pitch shift samples with precision. The Rubber Band time stretching engine allows musicians to change the tempo and pitch of a sample independently of one another while preserving important musical characteristics such as transient shapes. Combined with the existing slicing capabilities of BeatCleaver, musicians have more tools than ever before for recontextualizing and sampling music.
BeatCleaver 1.3 also introduces a new drag export mode, FLAC support, and on-the-fly chopping. Musicians can now drag sampled slices directly out of BeatCleaver and into a folder, their desktop, or a DAW. Lossless FLAC audio files can now also be read and sliced, and by popular demand, slicing directly at the
playback cursor is now possible during playback.
BeatCleaver for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 24 EUR.
More information: Oscillicious / BeatCleaver
Audiofile Engineering has announced the release of Fidelia, a new desktop audio player which delivers hi-res playback and a clutter-free interface.
Mac users with a passion for music and an appreciation for high-quality audio have an extraordinary new way to savor the sounds they love.
Audiofile Engineering has launched Fidelia, a premium desktop music player created exclusively for Mac OS X and designed to offer rich high-fidelity playback for music lovers of any taste or technical background. With support for numerous high-resolution file formats and an attractive, intuitive interface that honors the classic stereo amplifiers of decades past, Fidelia lets discerning listeners optimize and enjoy their music with maximum control and no proprietary clutter.
Priced at US$19.99, it’s also a remarkably accessible software alternative that integrates seamlessly with users’ existing iTunes libraries.
- Elegant design
- Sleek Intuitive controls that contemporary Mac users demand
- Classically styled volume dial buffered by single-click Mute and Dim functions
- Individual track details, stereo levels and audio waveforms displayed in crisp, eye pleasing fashion with no superfluous trimmings
- Powered by iZotope
- iZotope’s industry-best sample rate conversion to achieve optimum sonic fidelity.
- Discerning listeners can select real-time audio dithering via iZotope’s MBIT+ª technology.
- Maximum formats
- Supports AIFF, WAV, CAF, MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, Ogg Vorbis, or FLAC formats
- Supports sample rates up to 192kHz and bit depths up to 32 bit floating point
- Audio Units and VST support
- Customize with up to three effects
- Access your iTunes library
- Reformat and reorganize files from iTunes library
- Fidelia library
- Beautiful Fidelia remote available in the iOS App Store
Fidelia for Mac OS X 10.5 or higher is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Audiofile Engineering / Fidelia
Posted in news
on Jan 06, 2011
UltraMixer Digital Audio Solutions has released UltraMixer 3, a cross-platform professional digital DJ solution for Windows.
UltraMixer 3 is the third generation of the reliable digital deejaying software which enables you to mix digital music in various formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, FLAC or CDs in real time. All you need is a sound card.
The DJ’s turntables are replaced by two digital SoundPlayers, the “vinyls” are available within seconds through the integrated FileArchive. No matter whether you want to use UltraMixer for a professional gig or at a private party or as virtual jukebox in restaurants, hair studios or medical surgeries – it will prove the right choice!
New in UltraMixer 3
- [FileArchive] Function to export playlists as CSV file for import and print from Microsoft Excel / Open Office / Apple Numbers.
- [FileArchive] Hierarchical table sort according to Artist, Title and Album.
- [MIDI] Accessing loops with Hercules DJ Console MK4 und Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2.
- [MIDI] Hercules MP3 e2 LED support.
- [MIDI] Support of Hercules DJ Console 4-MX.
- [Preferences] Option to disable the automatic beatmatching of loops.
- [Preferences] Option to enable automatic Beatmatching of Cue Points (only for MIDI controllers).
- [Preferences] Support of additional languages.
- [Sampler] Drag’n'Drop for Sampler-SlotButtons.
- [User Interface] Optimized function to show tracks in Explorer/Finder.
- [User Interface] Volumefader in Previewplayer integrated.
- [Waveform] Hot Cue position should be visualized in the Waveforms in addition to the saved Cue points.
- Many improvements and fixes, details here.
UltraMixer 3 Professional for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for 229 EUR / $299 USD / £229 GBP (TAX/VAT included).
More information: UltraMixer
Multi-platform music production software Renoise was updated to version 2.6.1.
With Renoise you create loops, beats and melodies efficiently step-by-step. It’s a complete, expandable Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) with a refreshing twist. Renoise is affordable, yet no corners have been cut in regard to features.
Changes in Renoise v2.6.1
- Autoseek with multiple note columns didn’t always work.
- Renoise saved some 24-bit FLAC files wrong on Linux x64_64 – applies to 64-bit versions only.
- Demo versions nag screen nagged demo version users way to early.
- Mac OS X demo versions did not include the scripting API documentation and MIDI/OSC scripts.
- A few other Lua API related fixes.
Renoise for Linux, Mac, and Windows is available to purchase for 58 EUR (excl. VAT).
More information: Renoise
Posted in news
on Nov 22, 2010
Image-Line has released version 1.8 of Deckadance, a DJ mixing application for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance is a DJ mixing application that works either as a standalone program OR as a VSTi inside your favourite host. Deckadance itself can also host any VST compliant softsynth or effect.
You can control Deckadance using most (if not all) existing midi controllers & timecoded vinyl and CD systems.
New Song Manager, designed to help organize your songs easily and quickly.
Changes in Deckadance v1.8
- New Song Manager:
- Manage 50.000+ in your music collection without slow downs using a open format database (sqlite).
- SM categorizes music files in your computer making them accessible through numerous search/sort features.
- Importing tracks into Song Manager doesn’t copy music files.
- Simple search and advanced search via subsets of metadata fields (filters).
- Create playlist to organize effectively your tracks. Sort, re- order, reset original state, export to html/m3u and more.
- Create smart playlist that auto-update based on ‘rules’. e.g.: “top 25 most played dance genre songs with bpm between 120 and 140″.
- Fully customizable layouts: hide/show, re-arrange, (auto) resize of the metadata view columns.
- Edit track tags/metadata (title, artist, name… etc.) via inline editing.
- Cover art (resizable) display.
- Supported formats: mp3, acc (m4a), wav, aiff, wma, flac and ogg.
- Cross platform (win/mac) with full drag/drop external support.
- New Recording engine with threaded streaming to disk.
- Added SNAP to the closest beat in the waveform for loops, cues, waveform seek and start position.
- Added DVS run-out protection with auto engage and visual feedback.
- Added Lead In function in DVS section.
- Improved DVS behaviour for large audio buffer sizes.
- Incremented to 30 seconds the minimum playing time to mark a song like played.
- Added right click over played state to reset it.
- Removed clear played state of tracks when automix is enabled.
- Updated minihost look and added song manager start button.
- Added downbeat and start position keyboard shortcuts:
- > DECK A->Downbeat: “ctrl+t”, Start Position: “ctrl+y”.
- > DECK B->Downbeat: “ctrl+g”, Start Position: “ctrl+h”.
- Added “key slider” and “key slider inverted” to the midi learn commands.
- Incremented decks buffer size to 15 minutes.
Deckadance for Windows and Mac is available to purchase in a Club Edition (with full functionality) for $179 USD. Deckadance House Edition (excluding the timecoded vinyl/CDJ transport control functions) is $99 USD. New Image-Line customers buy with 10% discount.
More information: Deckadance
CSR Labs has released vstPlayer, a free media player plug-in for Windows.
Audio File Player VST – A handy VST plugin that is able to play a variety of audio formats. I use it every day with Bidule.
- Supports multiple audio formats (WAV/AIFF/BWF/FLAC/OGG supported, MP3/AAC/M4A are under active development).
- Full featured playlist.
vstPlayer is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: CSR Labs / vstPlayer