Holderness Media has released Swoopster, a playable flanger, fuzz, and vibrato effect for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app, Swoopster is great for processing synths, drum machines and hundreds of other Audiobus compatible apps such as Figure, Sound Prism Pro, Animoog, Loopy and more.
Swoopster also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband.
- Highly playable stereo Fuzz, Flange and Vibrato effect processor.
- Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus.
- Use Swoopster as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
- Independent left and right channel effects engines can be controlled separately or linked.
- Two distinct modes: Perform and Tweak.
- Playable presets, allowing for interesting sonic experimentation on the fly.
- Several output style options including normal stereo, wide stereo, and sum to mono.
Swoopster for iPad is available to purchase for the introductory price of $2.99 USD.
More information: Holderness Media
Multiples Pro has released version 3 of Reaktor Toolbox, a collection of free modules for Native Instruments Reaktor.
In this package we have 37 seperate modules we have created or modified over the time we have been using this powerhouse as well as the original Exploration Reaktor synth and the newest incarnation, MPBASIC.
New Sample Masher module for Native Instruments Reaktor.
Changes in Reaktor Toolbox v3
- Sample Masher, takes a loop and slices it into separate instances and makes it easy to play these slices using your midi keyboard.
- Sequencer/Snapshot Array, a basic sequencer that can be used to control a myriad of things such as Oscillator Pitch or Filter Cutoff.
- New effects and dynamics processors: Doppler, Flanger, Leslie Emulation, Limiter.
- SuperSaw oscillator.
Reaktor Toolbox is a free download.
More information: Multiples Pro / Reaktor Toolbox
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
In advance of the Musikmesse, u-he has sneaked a peak of the Satin “authentic tape simulation and beyond” plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Urs Heckmann on Satin:
Basically… Satin is not just a tape emulation. I’m thinking of it as “all of tape”
Without being modelled after specific gear like Diva, Satin still has a mix and match approach. There are various pre-equalisation and post-equalisation curves to choose from as well as various noise reduction techniques and a choice of tape speed, plus a few head/gain adjustments. The sound of tape ranges from subtle to drastic. The adjustable noise level is irresistable.
u-he’s upcoming tape emulation plug-in Satin: Will It Blend?
- Continuous tape speed control from 7.5 to 30 ips.
- Saturation with realistic bias and hysteresis, wow & flutter.
- Rec/repro equalisation, selectable industry-standard curves.
- Tape delay with up to 4 repro heads, on-the-fly flanging.
- Head adjustments, various coating formulae.
- No squirrels or other rodents inside.
Satin is expected to be released in May, 2013.
More information: u-he
Softrave has announced the release of Vintage Vibe Stereo and Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo, two effect plug-ins for Windows.
Softrave Vintage series stompbox effect plug-ins.
Vintage Vibe Stereo is inspired by analog guitar pedals used by Jimi Hendrix and Soundgarden. Vibe effect is combination of Vibrato and Chorus effects. This combination of effects create Leslie type of vibration of sound that is so good for psychedelic, indie rock , grunge and experimental type of music. You can also use this pedal with keyboards adding some warmth to digital sound of you fav VSTi`s.
Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo is inspired by classical analog guitar pedal Electric Mistress by Electroharmonix used by David Gilmour, Todd Rundgren, Alex Lifeson, Andy Summers of The Police, J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. and ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante. It was also used by Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Lenny Kravitz and The Chemical Brothers. Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo is not exact clone of Electric Mistress/ it dont have filter matrix but have more controls over phase of rotation and balance of effects.
The plug-ins are available to purchase for 11 EUR each (Windows VST).
More information: Softrave