Sonnox has announced the release of the Codec Toolbox, a solution for encoding your music for the web.
Audition codecs in real-time, batch encode multiple files and add metadata such as track name and artwork.
Codec Toolbox is the result of a partnership with Fraunhofer, who originally created the mp3 and AAC formats that the majority of people listen to today online or on their iPod / mp3 player. Over many years Fraunhofer have perfected these codecs and they are presented to you in the Codec Toolbox to ensure your music sounds as good online as it does in the studio.
Codec Toolbox consists of two applications – the Toolbox Plug-In, for auditioning your mix in real-time through various codecs, and the Toolbox Manager for encoding and adding metadata.
Codec Toolbox features
- Audition codecs in real-time (a huge time saver – no need to encode first then listen!).
- Multiple high quality codecs, including mp3, AAC and iTunes+.
- Batch encode multiple files to save time.
- ‘Clip Safe’ auto-compensates for any overs, keeping your mix clean.
- Add metadata like track names and artwork.
- Decode mp3 or AAC files to WAV or AIF.
Codec Toolbox is available to purchase for £35 GBP (excluding sales tax).