Sonnox has announced the release of the Codec Toolbox, a solution for encoding your music for the web.
Audition codecs in real-time, batch encode multiple files and add metadata such as track name and artwork.
Codec Toolbox is the result of a partnership with Fraunhofer, who originally created the mp3 and AAC formats that the majority of people listen to today online or on their iPod / mp3 player. Over many years Fraunhofer have perfected these codecs and they are presented to you in the Codec Toolbox to ensure your music sounds as good online as it does in the studio.
Codec Toolbox consists of two applications – the Toolbox Plug-In, for auditioning your mix in real-time through various codecs, and the Toolbox Manager for encoding and adding metadata.
Codec Toolbox features
- Audition codecs in real-time (a huge time saver – no need to encode first then listen!).
- Multiple high quality codecs, including mp3, AAC and iTunes+.
- Batch encode multiple files to save time.
- ‘Clip Safe’ auto-compensates for any overs, keeping your mix clean.
- Add metadata like track names and artwork.
- Decode mp3 or AAC files to WAV or AIF.
Codec Toolbox is available to purchase for £35 GBP (excluding sales tax).
More information: Sonnox / Codec Toolbox
Sonnox has announced version 2 of the award-winning Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec last year changed the way audio is encoded for online distribution. The ability to audition, encode and decode audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC, made it possible to produce online-ready mixes in real-time!
Now Version 2 sees the inclusion of Apple’s iTunes Plus codec so you can mix directly for the “Mastered for iTunes” programme, monitoring the same clip behaviour as the iTunes encoding chain – saving you time and ensuring high quality output during the mixing process.
The Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in enables the auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC, making it possible to produce online-ready mixes in real time.
Changes in Fraunhofer Pro-Codec v2.0
- 64-bit compatibility
- Additional codec – Fraunhofer MPEG Surround.
- Additional codec – Apple AAC iTunes Plus (Mac only).
- AAC-LC support for 256kbps VBR.
- AAC-LC and HE-AAC support for 96kHz sample rate.
- HD-AAC support for 16-bit files.
The Pro-Codec plug-in is available to purchase for £295 GBP / $495 USD. Existing owners can upgrade free of charge.
More information: Sonnox / Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
Sonnox has announced the release of the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec, a plug-in designed for the real-time auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio signals using Fraunhofer codecs.
In the past it has not been possible to critically audition and then encode multiple formats in real time within a host DAW environment. The revolutionary Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec now makes this possible, and includes extensive monitoring tools and built-in encoding/decoding features.
Using this plug-in mix engineers may produce mixes optimised towards specific target codecs, thereby ensuring maximum fidelity. Similarly, Mastering engineers may audition in the final format and produce compensated masters for final encoding and distribution.
Fraunhofer Pro-Codec features
- Supported Codecs:
- mp3, mp3 Surround, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, and HE-AAC v2.
- mp3-HD and HD-AAC (Lossless Codecs).
- Ability to select up to five codecs for simultaneous export, in real time, to encoded files.
- Comprehensive auditioning with glitchless switching.
- Ability to audition the difference between input signal and codec output.
- AB auditioning in real time between codecs, or between codec and input signal.
- ABX mode for blind statistical testing.
- Graphical displays include:
- High resolution display of the Input signal and Diff signal.
- Indication of the audibility of audio removed by the encoding process.
- Bitstream levels and ability to compensate for overloads.
- Indication of filesize or datastream compression.
- Phase metering.
- Off-line encoding and decoding.
- Compatible with many digital audio workstation applications, such as:
- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sequoia and Wavelab. (Mac and PC).
The Fraunhofer Pro-Codec for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for £295 GBP / $495 USD.
More information: Sonnox Ofxord / Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
WaveMachine Labs has announced the release of Drumagog 5, the next evolution in drum replacement technology.
Drumagog is a plug-in which automatically replaces acoustic drum tracks with your choice of other samples. Engineers and producers worldwide use Drumagog every day to fix and enhance their drum tracks.
It’s extremely easy to use. Just insert Drumagog onto a drum track, and pick your favorite sample! For advanced drum replacing, Drumagog is packed with powerful features for the ultimate in control, and includes a massive 4GB drum sample library.
New in Drumagog 5
- Auto-Align 2.0 – A collaboration between WaveMachine Labs and Fraunhofer (inventors of the MP3 format) has resulted in a revolutionary new alignment algorithm. Simply the best triggering. Anywhere.
- Direct Plugin Hosting – Play any virtual instrument from within Drumagog. Plugins like BFD2, Kontakt, and Superior Drummer are inserted directly into Drumagog to allow a virtually unlimited sample palette. (Platinum version only)
- Re-designed graphic interface – Streamlined control and easier sample editing.
- Support for multiple room samples – The Gog format now allows for different room sounds and mics. Simply dial in the amount of room desired.
- Auto Hi-Hat Tracking – automatically detects the hi-hat pedal position (open/closed) in real time.
- Built-In Effects – Drumagog 5 includes a built-in convolution reverb and Morph|Engine processor (Platinum version only).
Drumagog 5 for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase starting at $149 USD for the Basic version. Drumagog 5 Pro is $289 USD, Drumagog 5 Platinum is $379 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs