CWI Technology has released version 2.3.0 of the TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features modern software brings.
A multitimbral instrument that actually samples, and with a documented file format so you never will be locked in to a single instrument.
This version contains many new features and fixes, such as group cross fading, SoundFont patch loading and improved FX.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.3.0
- Fixed MIDI note names not being refreshed in some hosts.
- Fixed load failure with certain banks created with older versions.
- Fixed send:pre-fader not loaded from bank.
- Fixed delay feedback issue.
- Fixed bug loading performance with tempo delay.
- Fixed dry/wet mix issue in Chorus/Flanger.
- Fixed some sound fonts imported with bad play mode.
- Fixed mouse wheel scrolling for large windows.
- Fixed crash in Sonar X2 when loosing window focus.
- Fixed turning automated knobs not sending automation data to host.
- Modified LFO and Seq modulators parameter UI disposition to be more powerful.
- Added Mono and Ping-pong mode to delay.
- Added lo/hi frequency cut for reverb.
- Added 3-band equalizer effect.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser inserts now converts mono to stereo for nicer sound.
- Added note priority selector for playing Mono/Legato modes.
- Added override root key functionality to splits.
- SFZ and SF2 import now uses overriding root keys.
- Added name-based auto keyboard mapping tool.
- Added Soundfont sample and patch loading. SF2 files can now be browsed and partially loaded.
- Soundfont import now uses much less memory.
- Added BPM/R modulation source (host/wave relative tempo).
- Program files now store wave metadata overrides such as root key, loops etc to allow more local modifications of waves without needing to save them.
- Added setting to save reapeaks files in separate folder.
- Added group crossfade regions (pro version).
- Introduced crossfade between sample sources when playing in ono/legato mode to reduce clicking.
- Voice stealing now produces smoother sound.
- Intersecting groups can now be selected by Ctrl-rightclick on mapper keyboard.
- Playing notes on the key mapper keyboard can now vary velocity with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. The Professional edition costs 89 EUR (commercial) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
More information: CWI Technology
Ignite Amps has launched NadIR, a convolver cabinet simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
NadIR is a zero latency, dual Impulse Response (IR) convolver, designed to be used as a cabinet simulator for guitar & bass (pre)amplifiers (VST/AU or even hardware).
It has been designed to perform pristine quality convolution in real time, while being light on the CPU and easy to use, providing advanced built-in filters and delay controls to let guitarists and bassists shape their tone with ease, without the need to be professional audio engineers.
NadIR is meant to be used as a cabinet simulator for live playing and jamming, tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Zero Latency.
- Low CPU usage.
- Three routing modes: Mono, Dual Mono and Stereo.
- Selectable quality control for max IR length (up to 0.185 seconds).
- Automatic high-quality resampling for IRs with different sampling rates.
- High-quality analog shaped filters.
- Selectable delay for phase interactions between loaded IRs.
- Continuous morphing control between loaded IRs.
- Global input level and single IR level controls.
- Fully automatable controls.
NadIR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Ignite Amps / NadIR
Nick Crow Lab has released version 1.3 of TubeDriver, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TubeDriver is a Tube Amplifier Emulation for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST & AU). It’s free but donations are welcomed.
Changes in TubeDriver v1.3
- Overall Dry/Wet control added.
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) meter added.
The plug-in is a free download.
More information: Nick Crow Lab / TubeDriver
AudioCR has released Midi FX Freeze, a free AU plug-in for processing MIDI in Logic Pro X.
Do you need to freeze midi plugins in Logic Pro X with ease?
Insert plugin, enable capture and drag and drop back to arrange. Really that simple…
The plug-in is available to download free of charge.
AudioCR has also announced the upcoming Retrospective Midi application for Mac OS X.
Do you play or improvise a lot in your DAW? Configure nice pad or lead and just play your midi keyboard, do not worry if you in play or record mode in your daw, you can recover your played ideas with smart approach. Stay tuned to get more info soon.
More information: AudioCR
Voxengo has released version 2.7 of SPAN, a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
For the most part SPAN was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN v2.7
- Increased “smoothed” graph drawing precision.
- Fixed crash when 1/12 octave smoothing is enabled.
- Increased overall spectrum drawing precision.
SPAN is available to download as a freeware plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Voxengo / SPAN