Humanoid Sound Systems has announced the release of Enzyme Player, a free version of the Enzyme synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The plugin contains the complete synthesis engine from our acclaimed Enzyme synth, which has won awards for its innovative design and sound, and has all the essentials for music creation (access to all of the parameters, and the saving of presets is available with the full version).
The synth uses a unique combination of wavetable and physical modeling synthesis to create rich, dynamic musical timbres. Hybrid Scanned / FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
Enzyme Player for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Humanoid Sound System / Enzyme Player
Wavosaur has released version 1.3 of its VST Speek free text-to-speech plug-in, which is now also available for the Mac OS X platform.
VST Speek and AU Speek are free text to speech plugins for recreating the sound of the Commodore 64 Software Automatic Mouth vocal synthesis software.
This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
Changes in VST Speek
- Fixed crash in Cubase when selecting preset from drop down menu.
- Added hack for Presonus Studio One : text is now editable.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Mac OS X versions now available:
- VST Speek 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- VST Speek 32-bit Carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32 & 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32-bit carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
VST Speek is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
LinPlug has announced version 3.3 of FreeAlpha, the free version of the Alpha synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
FreeAlpha is the small brother of Alpha, sharing the same engine but having fewer features. Its around since mid 2000 and its being free of charge all time. Thanks to many people upgrading to the full Alpha, we have funds to continue its development.
Changes in FreeAlpha v3.3
- New User Interface.
- New full window bank/preset browser.
- Prev/next switch for browsing through waveforms.
- Matrix now with 11 slots.
- Several new setup options.
- Undo / redo functionality.
- Filter Saturation like full Alpha.
- Unison like Full Alpha.
FreeAlpha is available for download as a freeware instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
LinPlug has also announced updates for a few other plug-ins.
Furthermore we fixed a couple of bugs, improving the stability of CrX4, MorphoX, Organ 3 and SaxLab. You find the full list of fixes at linplug.com on the respective product page in the “news” tab and the update installer in the “download tab”.
More information: LinPlug
Tokyo Dawn has announced the release of SlickEQ, a mixing/mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility and impeccable sound, developed in collaboration with Variety Of Sound.
Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding.
In order to warm up the material with additional harmonic content, SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with 3 different saturation models. These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures, rather than obvious distortion. The effect is made to add the typical “mojo” often associated with classy audio gear.
An advanced 64bit multirate processing scheme practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency-warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout.
- Full featured, modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure.
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Four distinct EQ models: “American”, “British”, “German” and “Soviet” with optional non-linearity.
- Four output stages: “Linear”, “Silky”, “Mellow” and “Deep”.
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“stateful saturation”).
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Oversampled signal path including stateful saturation algorithms.
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
SlickEQ is available as a free effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). VST3 and AAX formats will follow later.
More information: Tokyo Dawn / SlickEQ
Sound Magic has released version 1.5 of its Piano One for Mac, a free virtual piano instrument.
The Sound of Piano One comes from the Yamaha C7 concert grand, a true workhorse in the professional piano world, appearing on famous concert stages, in international competitions and in prestigious music events throughout the world.
Changes in Piano One v1.5 for Mac
- Improved polyphony numbers.
- Supports newest OSX Version.
- Better reverb settings.
- Improved CPU usage.
- Many minor fixes.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) at no cost.
More information: Sound Magic / Piano One
Gatis Ozols and Andrejs Eigus have announced the release of a Mac version of Anarchy Effects, the audio plug-ins bundle previously available from Anarchy Sound Software.
Anarchy Effects is a cross-platform bundle consisting of 5 audio plugins, each of which does a different novel form of frequency domain processing. VST versions now comply to VST 2.4 standard and plugins in different formats are available for both Mac and PC.
Anarchy Effects features
- SpectralAutopan – assigns different pan positions to the different component pitches in the input signal. The effect pitch has on pan position is controlled by control points, which can change in pan position and pitch according to LFOs. This adds stereo depth and motion to sounds.
- Corkscrew – mixes together multiple pitch-shifts of the input signal, increasing or decreasing their pitches in parallel, and fading them in/out at the extremes of their range. This creates the illusion of a sound that seems to continually rise or fall, but doesn’t actually change in average pitch.
- HarmonicAdder – creates harmonic resonances by pitch shifting the dominant frequencies in your input signal by the various intervals in the harmonic series (octave, octave+fifth, two octaves, two octaves+major third etc). These harmonics can be mixed with the dry input signal to make it more resonant, or used on their own as a new sound.
- LengthSeparator – bisects the input signal according to the lengths of its component frequencies. Short sounds become the ‘transient’ part, long sounds become the ‘stable’ part. These parts can be isolated (ie the other part removed), or assigned different pan positions to create stereo movement.
- Convoluter – applies a convolution matrix to the spectral representation of the input signal. This bends the sound along the continuum between pure sine tones and pure noise.
Anarchy Effects is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
More information: Anarchy Effects
Rob Papen has released RP-Amod, a dual modulation effect that is available free of charge to all Rob Papen customers.
As you will probably know, a modulator is a term that is used in synthesizers. They are various types of settings that can change and alter a sound. With RP-AMOD you can use it’s modulators to alter your audio in different ways.
We have added ‘Phaser’, ‘Flanger’, ‘Chorus’, ‘Ensemble’ and ‘Tremelo’, which are classic audio modulation FX. What differs with RP-AMOD from these classic versions, is that you can also ‘tempo sync’ them to your music, and you can use two FX at the same time in various routing configurations. These routing options are not only in serial and parallel, but you can also ‘filter split’ the audio signal ahead of going to both of the FX!
RP-AMOD can spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums or drum-loops.
- Presets in various style banks. Preset / Bank menu with Quick Browser, Favorites & Recent etc functions.
- Main section with: Bypass, Mix, Volume, Send, Readout display and ECS (External Midi Controller Setup)
- Send button is ‘global’ and should be used in FX send mixer setup.
- Routing controls how the 2 modulation units are connected: Parallel, Serial, Filter Split (Using either 6, 12 or 24 db low pass / high pass filters. The filters frequency is set by the split frequency dial).
- Audio Modulation 1 & 2 with Sync, Volume Mix control.
- Audio Pan and Pan Modulation inside each Audio Modulation module.
- FX Types: Chorus, Tape Chorus, Ensemble, Flanger, Tape Flanger, Phaser, Analogue Phaser, Tremelo.
RP-Amod is a free download for registered Rob Papen users.
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Amod
eaReckon has released version 1.1.0 of MIDI Polysher and Ferret 4×4, two freeware plug-ins that have been rebuilt from scratch and are now available as 32/64-bit plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
MIDI Polysher is a free VST plugin formerly designed as a MIDI filter for the early versions of BloXpander, EaReckon’s live-oriented host, which now features an integrated and full-featured MIDI filter, so BloXpander users do not really need MIDI Polysher anymore.
However, over the past few years, musicians have shown interest for this plug-in which can be used in other VST compatible DAWs. MIDI Polysher is a VST MIDI filter that offers the possibility to virtually split your master keyboard into multiple key and velocity zones. It also provides a transpose option, a MIDI channel filter and three global filters (CC, Pitch Bend and Aftertouch).
Ferret 4×4 has been designed to add more audio routing capabilities to BloXpander by taking advantage of its sidechaining and multi-output capabilities. However, it can be used in some other DAWs to create audio links between different channels/tracks.
Ferret 4×4 features four pairs of inputs and four pairs of outputs, each of them having its own adjustable level and pan parameters. The internal behavior of Ferret 4×4 is quite basic: inputs are mixed down and the resulting stereo signal is sent to outputs depending on user settings. This plug-in can be used to create extra “aux return” channels, mix down multiple signals to be sent to a single effect or a physical output, create headphone mixes, etc.
Both plug-ins are available to download free of charge.
More information: eaReckon