Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Fracture, the free buffer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Fracture features a buffer effect, a multimode filter, three LFOs and a delay. This plugin is geared toward adding glitchy articulations and abstract textures to your projects. Use it on anything from drums and percussion to synth lines and sound effects. Fracture’s intuitive interface and diverse features make it simple to give your projects a unique technical edge.
Changes in Fracture v1.1
- New: Panic button to clean delay lines.
- New: improved user interface.
- Fixed: some controls would not properly reflect the current parameter value.
- Fixed: better automation behavior.
Fracture for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download from Glitchmachines.
More information: Glitchmachines / Fracture
DopeKitz has announced Rupture Lite, a free lightweight 16 track virtual drum machine for Windows and Mac.
With Rupture you can easily pick your kit, mix, and create all in one place. You can even bus out individual instrument groups to individual channels with select expansions.
Rupture Lite features
- Includes 5 Free fully functional Drum Kits: West Coast RPT, Tribeca, Ever 1da, Crunk’d 2.5, Danger Drumz.
- Fully expandable via Rupture Expansion Packs.
- 16 individual tracks with faders so you can mix your drums right inside the plugin.
- Supports semi-scripted Sounds.
- Both Mac OS X & Windows compatible.
- Available in VST & AU formats.
Rupture Lite is a free download. Expansion packs are available starting at $7.99 USD.
More information: DopeKitz / Rupture Lite
Sinevibes has launched Atom, a free filter effect plug-in for Mac.
Atom is a filter with focus on dynamic, tempo-synchronised modulation. It features five different resonant filter types each with three slope settings – up to super-steep -48 dB/octave. But what makes it special is its two modulators which feature multiple waveforms and run at rates from 1/128 note to 16 bars. Thanks to the chaos function which randomises the amplitude of each modulator cycle, as well as lag switch that smoothens the waveform curves, Atom allows you to easily create lively, elaborate filter effects that work perfectly for pretty much any kind of input source.
Atom is also the first Sinevibes plugin to feature a new interface design language that cleanly presents internal components and logical or audio connections between them. With immediate response and no menus to get lost in, Atom is a simple yet delightful tool that you will surely use a lot.
- Multi-mode filter with five types and –12/24/48 dB/octave slope steepness.
- Dual modulators with eight waveforms, per-cycle chaos function and shape lag on/off switch.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Extensive use of OS X Core Animation and Accelerate frameworks for hardware-accelerated graphics and audio processing.
Atom is a free download for Mac OS X 10.6 or later (32/64 bit AU).
More information: Sinevibes / Atom
Thomas Mundt has released version 1.14 of LoudMax, a free maximizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
LoudMax is a Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer Plugin with a clean transparent sound. It is designed to retain the original character of the music as much as possible even at high compression levels
Changes LoudMax 1.14
- New control: Fader link. Output fader will be coupled to threshold fader. Klick on “Link”.
- Improved limiter algorithm. Internal parameters optimized.
- Audio Unit: Symbiosis updated to v1.3.
- Fix compatibility with Final Cut Pro X.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (32/64-bit VST/AU).
More information: Thomas Mundt
Glitchmachines has announced the release of Hysteresis, a free glitch delay effect plug-in geared toward creating robotic artifacts and abstract musical malfunctions.
Hysteresis features a delay effect with stutter, lowpass filter and modulation effects thrown into the feedback signal path.
Easily infuse your projects with glitchy articulations and abstract textures. Process anything from drums and percussion to synth lines and sound effects. On top of being able to create incredibly wild signal mutations, Hysteresis can also be used to generate classic delay effects.
- Feedback-based delay effect with tempo sync.
- Reversible stutter effect in the feedback path.
- Lowpass filter in the feedback path.
- Modulation with rate division/multiplication.
- Presets by Ivo Ivanov, Thomas Hennebert, DAED & Apparition.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) as a free download.
More information: Glitchmachines / Hysteresis
Plugin Boutique has announced a new free edition of the Zampler/RX sampler instrument in collaboration with Beat Magazine and Synapse Audio.
Zampler is a free sample workstation that includes a variety of ways to sculpt and manipulate sounds and it includes features you would expect in any current soft-sampler. It also sounds great!
Zampler is capable of supporting the .sfz format which makes it a perfect fit with the sample libraries from our sister site Loopmasters.
The free installer download comes with 2 free banks with a selection of sounds curated from various Loopmasters packs for you to enjoy:
- “Dance Production Sounds” – The pack is a total of 332Mb and includes 30 Multi Samples, 1 bank file, and 333 Multi Samples.
- “MainRoom and EDM DrumKits” – The pack is a total of 111Mb and includes 30 patches/kits, 1 bank file, and 457 Multi Samples.
The Zampler plug-in is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). More free packs for Zampler will be available from Plugin Boutique in the near future.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Zampler
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.1 of Winkl, a free foldback distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Winkl is not a subtle distortion, this is well suited for bass and leads, made to make scream your sounds.
Changes in Winkl v1.1
- Bypass bug in Cubase for VST3 format, resolved.
- Sound glitch bug in some configurations, resolved.
- Reduced CPU use.
- Improved GUI background.
- Added about screen (click on Tek’it Audio logo).
Winkl for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Winkl