Matthieu Brucher has announced ATKLimiter, a free limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
I’m happy to announce the release of one new limiter plugin based on the Audio Toolkit. It is available on Windows and OS X (min. 10.8) in different formats.
I also updated the compressor and the expander with improved UI controls. The compressor also has now a dry/wet knob, allowing to use it for parallel compression.
The plug-in is available for download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Matthieu Brucher / ATKLimiter
DRZHNN has released Zebra Redux, a skin pack for the Zebra synthesizer instrument from u-he.
I’ve been working on this project for about two month now, so I’m very excited to finally share it with you guys.
Zebra Redux is a skin pack for Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev made primarily with sound designer workflow in mind. Initially I built it to reflect my own needs but I’m sure some of you guys will enjoy it too. So here it is.
Zebra Redux features
- Default window size is bigger now (914×914 px).
- Removed lower pane. All its features now reappear in form of modules.
- Renamed Perform, Synthesis and Patches tabs to XY, SYNTH and LIB respectively.
- XY pads and FX Grid are now part of a central pane and accessible from both SYNTH and LIB tabs.
- Moved assignable XY controls from lower pane to XY tab. Now all XY pad related parameters are in one place.
- Added new OSCs tab with 4 full-size OSC editors in one place for fast and easy editing, copying and pasting.
- Added new MSEGs tab with 4 full-size MSEG editors in one place.
- Moved global patch settings from lower pane to generators pane for easy access.
- Changed label color of all definable controls (…) to red.
- All menus that have only two items will now iterate through those items (when clicking) without opening the popup menu. Menu is still accessible via right click.
- OSC module now has waveform editor, waveform selector, preset manager and a subpanel with key and velocity scale editors.
- Noise, XMF and Comb modules now feature local XY pads for controlling two predefined (by me) parameters.
- FMO module now has subpanel with key and velocity scale editors. FM waveform is represented by an authentic waveform icon.
- Changed some important menus and switches to graphical icons. Some of them somehow reflect the reality, others are abstract and probably will change in the future.
- Arp, ArpMod, Modulation Matrix and MSEGs are now modules in modulators pane. ArpMods and MSEGs modules are hidden if not in use.
- Added new EXTRA tab (empty for now).
- Zebrify: Envelope Follower and Pitch Detector modules are now part of modulators pane and have big sliders combined with indicators for easy tuning.
- ZRev: changed T and AP knobs to sliders.
The pack is a free download from KVR Audio and DRZHNN.
More information: DRZHNN / Zebra Redux
NM Labs has released Alphabeat, a free step sequencer instrument for Mac.
Alphabeat is a 16-step sequencer with built in samples ready to use, and customizable with your own samples – WAVE/AIFF/MP3 file types.
Built-in Frequency filter, Reverb, Delay and Compressors with DSP Scripting from Software Designer and MAX/MSP contributor.
The Rewire should be OK, but there’s been an issue with several DAWs. Although the standalone mode would give you satisfaction.
Alphabeat was created for KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: NM Labs
J1000 has announced the release of CH4D, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
CH4D is a classic chorus effect with four delay taps. All four taps are controlled with single knob and plugin automatically calculates time and amplitude differences. CH4D lets you narrow spectrum with two resonant cut filters.
You don’t have to worry when working with basses or sounds with ultra-precise highs, because it will leave their critical parts intact and process only the midrange.
- Four delay taps (two per L/R channel).
- Low-cut and high-cut filters with adjustable resonance (12dB/octave slopes).
- Advanced LFO that avoids unnatural repetitive modulation.
- Phase invertion and soloing for wet signal.
- Continuous dry/wet mix control.
- Simple output correlation meter.
- Zero latency and very low CPU consumption.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: J1000
The Loop Loft has released a free sample pack featuring Rhodes & Wurlitzer loops by Jonah Smith.
We’re happy to bring you some incredible (and free) loops using vintage Rhodes and Wurlitzer keyboards from an old friend of The Loop Loft (and amazing musician), Jonah Smith.
The 78 MB download contains loops in REX2, AIFF and WAV (24bit/48kHz audio) formats, so you can use the loops in any music software.
More information: The Loop Loft / Rhodes & Wurlitzer loops
Tone2 Audiosoftware has released version 2.1 of FireBird, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Since there was a lot of positive feedback on the freeware release of FireBird (previously $79) we decided to release a final update for it.
Firebird itself is already vintage and even though it’s no longer profitable to remain a commercial product, we feel that anyone should get the opportunity to enjoy this sometimes heavily underestimated synthesizer.
Please feel free to download, share and enjoy this freebie, which should provide you with a nice introduction to our products, as well as many more years of musical inspiration.
Changes in FireBird v2.1
- Contains 70 additional sounds by Xenos. To load them click on ‘setup’ and load the factory bank ‘condemned’.
- Contains a fix for a rarely appearing crash.
- Updated installer.
- Slightly enhanced performance.
- More responsive GUI.
- Fixed a rarely appearing glitch.
- Several other minor enhancements.
FireBird is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Tone2 / FireBird
99Sounds has launched Vinyl Noise SFX, a free library of 37 vinyl noise and crackle sound effects by Matoto aka Chia.
All vinyl crackle samples included in Vinyl Sample SFX were recorded on a Numark TTUSB turntable connected to Audacity. Records used were innumerous, ranging from 78s from the 1950s to 7″s from the ’70s-80s as well as a few modern 12″ dance records.
No samples have been EQed, limited, compressed, panned or post-processed in any way. All samples are available in 16-bit WAV format. All recording, editing/cropping, compiling and graphic design done by Chia.
Vinyl Noise SFX features
- 37 vinyl samples, 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV format.
- Includes instrument patches in SFZ and NKI (Kontakt 5) formats.
- 56 MB size on disk, 39 MB download size (RAR archive).
The pack is available as a free download from 99Sounds.
More information: 99Sounds / Vinyl Noise SFX