Bigcat Instruments has released some more free virtual instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
New at Bigcat Instruments
- D. Smolken’s Double Bass – It has Arco samples up and down in 5 velocity layers and sampled roughly every third note. Also there are Pizzicato samples in 3 velocity layers and again roughly every third note but with 4 round robins and instrument sound effects for both arco and pizzicato.
- Saxophone Collection – Various sax instruments from public domain and creative commons samples. The showpiece of this collection are the Iowa Saxophones sampled by University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios. These Saxophones are fully sampled in 3 velocity layers with 375 samples all told.
- Flame Studios Guitars – Nine Flame Studios Instruments for Kontakt. 5 guitars, 3 basses and a banjo. These were originally Giga format.
- A Pad – Name any wav file “A Pad.wav” and drop it into the A Pad directory replacing the public domain demo sound from OLPC. Kick up the A Pad Kontakt instrument and there is your new pad with fiddley EQ, Reverb and Envelope Knobs on.
- Clean City Piano – Jeff from Critical Vibrations ran the City Piano samples through a de-noise filter and removed a 60-cycle hum. He also made it available for Ableton.
The Kontakt libraries are free to download at Bigcat Instruments.
More information: Bigcat Instruments
Audiomodern has announced the release of the Rhythmic Pan Rack, an Ableton Live rack with time sync and time delay options on macro knobs.
The rack is a free download at Audiomodern.
More information: Audiomodern / Rhythmic Pan
Dark Side of the Tune has released Freq Show, a free sample pack that exploits the complexity of analog frequency modulation.
Modular synthesis techniques were deployed to get improper FM sounds. Talking bass and meowing synths give a futuristic tone for any music created. Drum kit featuring modulated 808 sounds included.
All 57 sounds are offered in 16 and 24 bit resolution, 44.1kHz wave files.
If you would like to contribute to the hard work it took to make these samples, please visit our store at www.darksideofthetune.com and purchase one of the many sample libraries available.
The download is free from Dark Side of the Tune’s SoundCloud page.
More information: Dark Side of the Tune / Freq Show
CoolSoft has released version 1.9.0 of VirtualMIDISynth, a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
Version 1.9.0 adds a long waited (and popular) feature: *reverb and chorus* settings.
These settings are not “live”, they must be set through *Configurator -> Options* tab, so a VirtualMIDISynt restart is needed. (I suppose this is the best implementation because (usually) these settings are sent through SYSEX messages at the beginning of a song, not during play).
Changes in VirtualMIDISynth v1.9.0
- NEW: Configurator settings for Reverb & Chorus effects level.
- NEW: Configurator setting to override Reverb & Chorus SYSEXes received from MIDI (and force our custom levels).
- NEW: Updated BASS to version 2.4.10 and BASSMIDI to 2.4.8
- NEW: Added Magyar language support (thanks to Nádasdi Zsolt)
- NEW: New setup commandline option “/skip_os_check” to let it run on misdetected systems.
VirtualMIDISynth is a free download for Windows.
More information: CoolSoft
ThaLoops has announced the release of Hip Hop Beats Vol. 1, a free collection of 11 professional beats.
With an experience of making chart-hitting beats and sounds (UK top 40/European Billboard Top 100) ThaLoops produced a catalog of free beats for all aspiring singers, rappers, dancers and other artists.
Beats are produced by sound developers whose work has been used in songs such as Rihanna’s – Fading, Black Eyed Peas – One Tribe and more.
The catalog of free beats is available at ThaLoops now.
More information: ThaLoops / Hip Hop Beats Vol. 1
Humanoid Sound Systems has announced the release of Enzyme Player, a free version of the Enzyme synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The plugin contains the complete synthesis engine from our acclaimed Enzyme synth, which has won awards for its innovative design and sound, and has all the essentials for music creation (access to all of the parameters, and the saving of presets is available with the full version).
The synth uses a unique combination of wavetable and physical modeling synthesis to create rich, dynamic musical timbres. Hybrid Scanned / FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
Enzyme Player for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Humanoid Sound System / Enzyme Player
Reveal Sound has released Spire Signature Sounds by E.SoX Vol.1, a free soundset for the Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire Signature Sounds Vol.1 features
- 128 high quality presets created by E.SoX
- Perfect for genres such as House, Trance, DubStep etc…
- All Sounds are “Ready to Use”
- Most of the patches are transformable by ModWheel.
The soundset is a free download from Reveal Sound.
More information: Reveal Sound
Lacuna Sound has announced a free demo pack of its Vol.1 LANDING Soundset for Reveal Sound Spire.
Get 8 free presets from Vol.1 LANDING Soundset for Reveal Sound Spire HERE
Download SBF file and start using these high-quality presets NOW 100% Royalty-Free for Commercial Productions.
Enjoy and please tell your friends. Thanks :-)
The full soundset is available for $16 USD.
More information: Lacuna Sound