Wavosaur has announced VST Speek, a free Text to Speech plug-in.
VST Speek is a free vocal synthesis VST plugin for recreating the old skool robotic text to speech we all love. Choose a preset, type any text and let’s speak !
VST Speek text to speech is 100% freeware, the plugin is based on the Software Automatic Mouth (SAM) vocal synthesis software created by Softvoice Inc for the Commodore 64.
The plug-in (v1.0 beta) is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Yuvi Gerstein has announced Space Guitars Vol.1, a free sample pack featuring guitar samples.
Space Guitars is a new sample pack written recorded and mixed by music producer Yuvi Gerstein at the slick studio.
The pack contains original samples recorded using a classic vintage Roland space echo RE-150 and some really good guitars and mics.
The sample pack (88.2Khz/24bit .Wav) is a free download.
More information: Yuvi Gerstein / Space Guitars Vol.1
Grant Nelson has announced that his personal library of Lexicon 480L IR’s is now available to download.
About 12 years ago I sat down and recorded a complete set of impulse responses from the legendary & industry standard Lexicon 480L digital reverb unit. In fact it’s the very same one that you can see the remote control unit for in this picture below…
The reason for doing this was so that I could have a “virtual” 480L inside the box in my Pro Tools rig via Audio Ease‘s excellent Altiverb plug-in.
They sounded amazing too, I A/B’d them next to the actual unit and for the most part you really couldn’t tell the difference. Anyway, I’ve used these IR’s on virtually every recording I’ve made over the past 10 or so years, they are my go to reverbs for vocals without question.
The IR library is a free download at Housecall FM.
More information: GN Lexicon 480L IR’s
Image-Line has released version 1.1 of its IL Remote, a free user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio, Deckadance 2 and plugins.
Just open FL Studio 11.0.4 or Deckadance 2.3 (not yet released) on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.1
- New splash screen with FL Studio or Deckadance targeting.
- Deckadance support.
- MIDI channel selector for all controls.
- Mixer scrolling (now with 99 Mixer channels).
- MIDI channel override for Container contents.
- Keyboard scale highlighting.
- Custom scales for Harmonic Grid.
- Increased sensitivity range for Jogwheels.
- “Send on/off” option for knobs and Jogwheels.
- Color of selected controls are now added to the custom color list.
- Many small bug-fixes and improvements.
IL Remote for Android and iOS is available to download at no charge.
More information: Image-Line / IL Remote
AfroDJMac has announced the release of Electric Guitar Synths, the 100th title in the series of free Ableton Live Packs.
I’m very pleased and excited to share the 100th Free AfroDJMac Ableton Live Pack! It’s been quite a journey and I am happy to have you here reading and playing with these toys! For this collection, I return to my roots as a musician, the electric guitar.
I was doing a little recording and wanted some fast palm mute plucks. I eventually got the part, but it was pretty difficult to get these rapid fire 16th notes sounding tight, even after almost 20 years of playing guitar. So I decided to create some sampled instruments to do the job.
The Electric Guitar Synths pack for Live is available to download free of charge. Requires Ableton Live 9.
More information: AfroDJMac / Electric Guitar Synths
Roazhon DSP has launched version 0.85 beta of BrainStormer, a free synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows.
BrainStormer is a freeware virtual analog synthesizer.
- 3 stereo oscillators with retrig, phase, wave stretch, stereo dephasing controls.
- Flexible FM & ring modulation.
- Filter (LP, BP, HP, Peak, Notch) with dedicated ENV, key follow.
- 2 LFOs with large frequency range (up to 2kHz), retrig, bpm sync, phase, clipping, independant destination amount controls, self modulation.
- 2 mod ENVs with ADSR, independant destination amount controls, self modulation..
- 2 extra modulator sources (wheel, pitchbend, velocity, ENVs and LFOs).
- 72 destinations for modulators.
- Panic, main volume, polyphony, note mode, portamento, pitchbend controls.
- Internal oversampling x2, 100% home-made dsp code.
- VST3 and VST2.4 (32 and 64 bits versions).
The synthesizer is a free download for Windows (VST).
More information: Roazhon DSP
Diego Callegari of DCSI has announced Badass, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
It’s an original old school synth bass, with some optional gritty flavour, sampled, edited and spread across almost 3 octaves of your midi keyboard.
Has round robin, velocity sensitivity, several playing modes such as Mono, Unisono and Portamento, a delay effect and filtering options.
The modwheel use add some dirtiness and blur and an additional brightness switch helps the job.
Badass sound at its best with Mono and Unisono activated. When you’re loading into Kontakt sampler is already set up with the original DCSI designed sound, but you can change it the more appropriate way for your needs.
Badass is available to download at DCSI’s Facebook page (requires a like).
More information: DCSI / Badass
Alessandro Ielo of JQR Sound has announced the release of JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo, a free sample pack.
All sounds created by Alessandro “JQR” Ielo under Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) Licence.
JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo features
- 36 One Shot Samples
- 13 Kicks
- 13 Snares
- 6 HiHats
- 4 Fxs
- 13 Glitch/Drum Noise Loops (7 of them have 3 variations named A, B and C).
- The Loops are mixed and mastered ITB, while the one shot samples are processed with a Golden Audio Project Pre73 MKII with an EQ-73 on insert.
The sample pack is a free download from archive.org.
More information: JQR Sound / JQR Rhythmic Pack Demo (download)