Twisted Tools has announced the release of Morph Board, a free Lemur tool to easily morph anything.
Twisted Tools is celebrating the launch of our new blog where we will be posting frequent news, interviews and free downloads.
To kick things off, we’ve released a free gift called Morph Board. We’ve been using Morph Board internally at Twisted Tools to speed up our sound design workflow and thought it would be fun to share with the community.
Morph Board is a free tool designed by Lemur expert Antonio Blanca to make it easy to store, recall and morph presets using Liine’s Lemur app for the iPad.
With Morph Board, you can store up to 16 presets and morph between them without the need for any scripting knowledge.
Lemur Morph Board is available for download from the Twisted Tools blog.
More information: Twisted Tools / Morph Board
Sonic Cat has released Pop Piano Free, a free acoustic grand piano sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Pop Piano is part of the Pop Keys piano sample library.
Pop Piano Free features a recorded Bechstein MP192 Grand Piano which is made in Germany, to differentiate between other libraries with analog equipment in good sound concert hall.
Pop Piano Free features
- Sampling from Bechstein MP192 Grand Piano.
- Recorded from first class Mic and Analog Preamp.
- Recorded at good sound concert hall.
- Maximum 4 Velocity.
Pop Piano Free is taken for the Pop Keys piano library.
Sonic Cat is currently also offering a limited time 40% discount on all its products in celebration of the launch of the Sonic Cat brand, which carries all of Luxonix’s Kontakt libraries.
More information: Sonic Cat
Wavosaur has released version 1.3 of its VST Speek free text-to-speech plug-in, which is now also available for the Mac OS X platform.
VST Speek and AU Speek are free text to speech plugins for recreating the sound of the Commodore 64 Software Automatic Mouth vocal synthesis software.
This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
Changes in VST Speek
- Fixed crash in Cubase when selecting preset from drop down menu.
- Added hack for Presonus Studio One : text is now editable.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Mac OS X versions now available:
- VST Speek 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- VST Speek 32-bit Carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32 & 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32-bit carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
VST Speek is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Beatmatch.info has announced the release of Deep House: Mini Pack, a free loops sample library.
Deep House: Mini Pack is a free compilation of carefully selected drum, synth & bass loops, originally included in previous beatmatch.info loop packs.
Mini Pack consists of 38 sound files : 18 drum loops , 10 bass lines & synth loops & 10 midi files.
All sound files are available in high quality WAV format.
The pack is a free download.
More information: Beatmatch.info / Deep House: Mini Pack
Image-Line has updated its Remote controller app to version 1.2.
IL Remote is available FREE for Android and iOS tablets or phones. It’s a user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance.
Just open FL Studio 11.1 or Deckadance 2.3 on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.2
- New “trackpad” pad mode – Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer’s mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “shortcut” pad mode – Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “breath” controller – Control a parameter using the device’s microphone, Edit Mode > Layout Menu > Layout Settings.
- Containers – Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers.
- Fonts – New font size setting for control labels.
- Power management – Added a battery level indicator.
- Custom scale editor – Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid.
- MIDI – Channel selection for accelerometers.
- Mixer – Improved scrolling. Tap and drag to select the track range more precisely.
- Fixed – Returning to the home screen even if “cancel” was pressed.
- Piano – New piano roll shortcuts presets.
- Bugs n stuff – Various fixes and improvements.
The app is a free download.
More information: Image-Line / Remote
B. Serrano has launched Horus, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Horus is something between a string-machine and a poly synth.
It can generate impressive and inspirative pads. Full MIDI learn, 64 voices polyphonic.
Horus for Windows (VST) is freeware.
More information: B. Serrano / Horus
ZooTooK has released MiniMojo, a free Reaktor ensemble using a new isomorphic algorithm called Analog Legacy.
The MiniMojo with phaser, flanger, and base echo devices.
Analog Legacy is the theory of modulating all functions in a synthesizer at all frequencies. The key is to find the right balance of the modulation depth for each frequency. Minimojo is the first attempt to use this theory in practice.
Just to make it clear: The Minimojo is not in any way a copy of MONARK. I have not used or have had access to MONARK during the making of Minimojo. Instead the old ensemble Minimood made by NI in 1999, which has then been modified by several users, has been used as the starting point. I think that the basic structure will be recognizable from that early ensemble.
The ensemble is a free download from the Reaktor User Library. The Base Echo RE-012 (Roland Space Echo RE-201 emulation) featured in the ensemble is also available to download separately. These ensembles require a full version of Reaktor.
More information: MiniMojo
iZotope has announced the release of Mixing with iZotope, a free guide that unravels the mysteries of mixing with iZotope.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you’ll find a wealth of in-depth principles, tips, and techniques in our new guide, Mixing with iZotope.
Your ultimate guide to all things mixing, this guide breaks down the art, aesthetic and theory behind the audio mixing process. With simple explanations and visuals to help illustrate how tools such as Equalizers, Compressors and FX can transform your mix, the guide also features insider tips on using iZotope plug-ins to get the job done.
The guide is a free download as a PDF and eBook (via iTunes for iPhone & iPad).
More information: iZotope / Mixing with iZotope