Pedro Rodrigues has released Djembuka, a percussion sample library.
This sample library is made with the sounds of a single darbuka played on the lap as a djembe, as well as upside down.
- 3 Sfz instruments:
- 3 sample folders:
The sample pack is available for a pay what you want price (including free).
More information: Pedro Rodrigues
Beatmatch has announced 808 Grooves, a free Ableton Live project created using the sounds of Roland’s most iconic drum machine – the TR-808.
Mix, edit and build your own minimal techno grooves using 40 pre-recorded drum sequences or play around with 8 complete grooves with synth loops & basslines included in the download. Project files require Ableton Live version 8 or newer.
808 Grooves features
- 2 Ableton Live Project Files.
- 8 Groove Presets.
- 40 Audio Loops.
- WAV Format.
- Size 57 MB.
The pack is a free download at Beatmatch.info.
More information: Beatmatch / 808 Grooves
Falls A Star has released Octave Riot, a free octave divider effect plug-in for Windows.
Octave Riot is an octave divider in the Boss OC-2 style (flipping signal polarity rather than generating square waves) with some extra features.
The divider subtracts a moving average from its input sample, and that may or may not be why there are a few settings that will actually work as an octave *up* effect.
The plugin is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Falls A Star
Waveshaper has announced RetroPhlex vol01, a sample pack featuring 48 one shot samples.
The RetroPhlex drumsamples pack is inspired by the sounds of early 90s braindance, electronica and house, featuring electronic sounds coming from analog synths, 12bit samplers and grainy reverbs.
It sounds both futuristic and retro, lofi and punchy, smooth and gritty. It should fit well in your music production, whatever genre it is : acid, idm, electro, house, chiptune, grime, dubstep, juke…
The sample pack is available as “surveyware”. You can download it for free for a limited time after completing a (very) short survey.
More information: Waveshaper / RetroPhlex vol01
DopeKitz has announced Rupture Lite, a free lightweight 16 track virtual drum machine for Windows and Mac.
With Rupture you can easily pick your kit, mix, and create all in one place. You can even bus out individual instrument groups to individual channels with select expansions.
Rupture Lite features
- Includes 5 Free fully functional Drum Kits: West Coast RPT, Tribeca, Ever 1da, Crunk’d 2.5, Danger Drumz.
- Fully expandable via Rupture Expansion Packs.
- 16 individual tracks with faders so you can mix your drums right inside the plugin.
- Supports semi-scripted Sounds.
- Both Mac OS X & Windows compatible.
- Available in VST & AU formats.
Rupture Lite is a free download. Expansion packs are available starting at $7.99 USD.
More information: DopeKitz / Rupture Lite
Forward Audio has announced the release of fa SampleDelay, a simple but powerful effect plugin for applying signal delays.
It’s main purpose is to solve time difference problems occuring in multi microphone setups and furthermore reduce horrible sounding comb filter effects (often called phase issues).
Nevertheless, you can also apply interesting haas delay effects, compensate plugin latencies introduced by other plugins or intentionally create comb filter effects to create colorful filter textures.
fa SampleDelay features
- Sample accurate time delays (0 – 100.000 Samples).
- A/B comparisons.
- Input delays in 4 different units.
- Completly flexible control range of the Delay Knob.
- Unique flexible user interface.
fa SampleDelay is available to download for Windows (VST). VST/AU for Mac is currently in development.
More information: Forward Audio
VST Zone has launched Amplio 2, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
Amplio is a way to enhance boring and dull sound. It’s 3 band Equalizer with adjustable bands and additional multiband effect modules.
Plugin is originally designed to enhance drum patterns but it is powerfull enough to be used on any type of sound. Reverb effect routable to any of three bands will add more space to mix and Soft Limiter will prevent any clipping on final output.
Changes in Amplio v2.0
- New multiband Noise gate with envelope controls will help you totally change your beat and create something new.
- Total overhaul of user interface, faster load and smaller filesize. Improved controls. You can now use rigth mouse click to set deafult values and double right mouse click to set value to zero on all controls. Holding shift while draging will increase sensitivity for better value settings.
- No more overlapping band control points on Frequency splitter.
- Improved Reverb and fixed wet/dry mix.
- Low band saturation now working correctly.
- Improved soft limiter to work better with distortion module.
- Control the stereo field with new multiband stereo balance module. Handy gadget for centering bass frequencies.
- Assembly optimization of all modules in order to save as much cycles as possible. Even with new noise gate CPU usage is same or even better than in previous version.
- Adjusted all existing presets and added new 14 new presets. Total 66 presets including Amplio presets that use Distortion module.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: VST Zone