Wavosaur has released version 1.3 of its VST Speek free text-to-speech plug-in, which is now also available for the Mac OS X platform.
VST Speek and AU Speek are free text to speech plugins for recreating the sound of the Commodore 64 Software Automatic Mouth vocal synthesis software.
This is not a vocal synth like “Vocaloïd”, it’s intended to do crunchy robotic lofi techno voices!
Changes in VST Speek
- Fixed crash in Cubase when selecting preset from drop down menu.
- Added hack for Presonus Studio One : text is now editable.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Mac OS X versions now available:
- VST Speek 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- VST Speek 32-bit Carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32 & 64-bit Cocoa for Mac OS X 10.8.
- AudioUnit AUSpeek 32-bit carbon for older Mac OS X versions.
VST Speek is available as a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Beatmatch.info has announced the release of Deep House: Mini Pack, a free loops sample library.
Deep House: Mini Pack is a free compilation of carefully selected drum, synth & bass loops, originally included in previous beatmatch.info loop packs.
Mini Pack consists of 38 sound files : 18 drum loops , 10 bass lines & synth loops & 10 midi files.
All sound files are available in high quality WAV format.
The pack is a free download.
More information: Beatmatch.info / Deep House: Mini Pack
Image-Line has updated its Remote controller app to version 1.2.
IL Remote is available FREE for Android and iOS tablets or phones. It’s a user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio and Deckadance.
Just open FL Studio 11.1 or Deckadance 2.3 on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.2
- New “trackpad” pad mode – Use ILRemote as a virtual trackpad to control your computer’s mouse (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “shortcut” pad mode – Send any keyboard shortcut to FL Studio and Deckadance (requires FL 11.1 or later).
- New “breath” controller – Control a parameter using the device’s microphone, Edit Mode > Layout Menu > Layout Settings.
- Containers – Controls can now be dragged in and out of containers.
- Fonts – New font size setting for control labels.
- Power management – Added a battery level indicator.
- Custom scale editor – Has been moved to the layout settings, and is now usable with both the keyboard and the harmonic grid.
- MIDI – Channel selection for accelerometers.
- Mixer – Improved scrolling. Tap and drag to select the track range more precisely.
- Fixed – Returning to the home screen even if “cancel” was pressed.
- Piano – New piano roll shortcuts presets.
- Bugs n stuff – Various fixes and improvements.
The app is a free download.
More information: Image-Line / Remote
B. Serrano has launched Horus, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Horus is something between a string-machine and a poly synth.
It can generate impressive and inspirative pads. Full MIDI learn, 64 voices polyphonic.
Horus for Windows (VST) is freeware.
More information: B. Serrano / Horus
ZooTooK has released MiniMojo, a free Reaktor ensemble using a new isomorphic algorithm called Analog Legacy.
The MiniMojo with phaser, flanger, and base echo devices.
Analog Legacy is the theory of modulating all functions in a synthesizer at all frequencies. The key is to find the right balance of the modulation depth for each frequency. Minimojo is the first attempt to use this theory in practice.
Just to make it clear: The Minimojo is not in any way a copy of MONARK. I have not used or have had access to MONARK during the making of Minimojo. Instead the old ensemble Minimood made by NI in 1999, which has then been modified by several users, has been used as the starting point. I think that the basic structure will be recognizable from that early ensemble.
The ensemble is a free download from the Reaktor User Library. The Base Echo RE-012 (Roland Space Echo RE-201 emulation) featured in the ensemble is also available to download separately. These ensembles require a full version of Reaktor.
More information: MiniMojo
iZotope has announced the release of Mixing with iZotope, a free guide that unravels the mysteries of mixing with iZotope.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you’ll find a wealth of in-depth principles, tips, and techniques in our new guide, Mixing with iZotope.
Your ultimate guide to all things mixing, this guide breaks down the art, aesthetic and theory behind the audio mixing process. With simple explanations and visuals to help illustrate how tools such as Equalizers, Compressors and FX can transform your mix, the guide also features insider tips on using iZotope plug-ins to get the job done.
The guide is a free download as a PDF and eBook (via iTunes for iPhone & iPad).
More information: iZotope / Mixing with iZotope
LinPlug has announced version 3.3 of FreeAlpha, the free version of the Alpha synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
FreeAlpha is the small brother of Alpha, sharing the same engine but having fewer features. Its around since mid 2000 and its being free of charge all time. Thanks to many people upgrading to the full Alpha, we have funds to continue its development.
Changes in FreeAlpha v3.3
- New User Interface.
- New full window bank/preset browser.
- Prev/next switch for browsing through waveforms.
- Matrix now with 11 slots.
- Several new setup options.
- Undo / redo functionality.
- Filter Saturation like full Alpha.
- Unison like Full Alpha.
FreeAlpha is available for download as a freeware instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
LinPlug has also announced updates for a few other plug-ins.
Furthermore we fixed a couple of bugs, improving the stability of CrX4, MorphoX, Organ 3 and SaxLab. You find the full list of fixes at linplug.com on the respective product page in the “news” tab and the update installer in the “download tab”.
More information: LinPlug
Trance Techno Soundbanks has announced the release of Alpha Ray EDM Freepack, a free soundset for the Alpha Ray synthesizer instrument from Tubeohm.
TTS ALPHA RAY EDM FREEPACK’ is a powerful and versatile soundbank designed to bring you the sound of EDM for users of TUBEOHM ALPHA-RAY synth. You’ll find 12 high quality presets as well as 2 FLP Files and 2 MIDI construction kits in many popular EDM styles such as: Modern Trance and Hard Trance.
This soundbank has 2 demo kits (including MIDI files for every synth) and features accompanying FL Studio files. Inside the pack there is text file showing you how to work with this soundbank in every major DAW. The kick drum, hi-hat and clap samples in the demos are for demonstration purposes.
The pack is a free download at Trance Techno Soundbanks. Requires full version of TubeOhm Alpha Ray.
More information: Trance Techno Soundbanks / Alpha Ray soundset