, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 20, 2011 - 2 comments
Fretted Synth has released SafFronSE, a free SoundFont synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
SafFronSE is an update to the original SafFron MIDI triggered sound font synth with a beautiful UI by Vera Kinter (ArtVera)
Fretted Synth SafFronSE
New in SafFronSE
- Made with the current version of SynthEdit (should fix use of multiple instances of SafFron).
- Can now load sound fonts with layers and velocity splits.
- Load up to three sound fonts with separate controls for on\off, level, pan, course and fine tuning.
- Updated filter with separate envelopes for cutoff and resonance.
- Added a five band equalizer and limiter (the limiter is only designed to work with fast peaks, pushing it too hard with sustained material will result in a not pretty distortion).
- Updated all of the effects.
SafFron SE is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
SafFronSEDownload size: 3.7 MB
More information: Fretted Synth
, ndc Plugs
Posted in news
on Jun 23, 2010 - 0 comments
FreePlayer Ltd. has announced that FreePlayer is now available to pre-order.
FreePlayer, which allows guitarists to control effects by motion and touch, consists of a hardware attachment for the guitar and a software application that hosts VST plug-ins and controls MIDI devices. A Windows version is offered initially, with other operating systems to follow.
The first models to be made available are:
- FreePlayer Pro for Les Paul guitars – pre-order price €299 (normal price €399) – contains a complete set of FreePlayer sensors in an ‘easy-fit-kit’ pickguard:
- 38x48mm Touchpad (responds smoothly to a pick or a fingernail)
- 3-Axis Motion Sensor (Responds to motion up to 3G – Shock-proof to 10,000G!)
- Flexible Light Sensor (Detects light changes in 1000 smooth increments)
- Tactile button array (Five buttons individually shaped for recognition by touch.
- FreePlayer Express – pre-order price €149 (normal price €199) – a universal kit that attaches to most guitars or basses with a simple adhesive pad (included). With a 3-axis Motion Sensor and Tactile Button array, it’s all you need to get up and running!
- FreePlayer Express Plus – pre-order price €199 (normal price €249) – all the benefits of FreePlayer Express, with an additional Flexible Light Sensor.
Each FreePlayer unit comes with a USB cable, the FreePlayer software, and is bundled with these VST plug-ins:
- Saltline Audio Solutions: Bachelard, ‘Son of a Pitch’ and Cadence.
- Voxengo: Voxengo Boogex.
- MeldaProduction MFreeVSTBundle: includes MCompressor, MEqualiser, MPhaser, MRingModulator, MFlanger, MTremolo, MVibrato, and many others.
- NDC’s Open source VST plugins: Fragmental, and the wonderfully named Reversinator.
- FrettedSynthAudio: FreeAmp3.
Users will be able to download more VSTs and sounds from the FreePlayer SoundStore, including Saltline Audio Solution’s previously announced range of plug-ins developed specifically for FreePlayer.
Customers Pre-ordering FreePlayer between now and the product release (expected end of July) receive a discount of up to €100 – with deposit of just €50.
More information: FreePlayer
, bass guitar
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, sample player
, Wah wah
Posted in on Jun 15, 2010 - 169 comments
The plug-ins on this page are created by Joseph DeHelian of Fretted Synth Audio.
Since the Fretted Synth website is currently not available you can download the plug-ins from rekkerd.org, including the FreeAmp series of multi guitar amp effects, phase distortion synth PhazOsc, VA synth and SoundFont & sample player Safron, drum instrument SoftDrum, and many more.
The Fretted Synth instruments and effects are available to download as freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Note: these plug-ins require the use of a VST host program. If you need a free one, check Cantabile Lite, VST Host, or here for more options.
Fretted Synth has released SafFron2VA, a freeware audio triggered synth VST plug-in for Windows.
This one has two VA multi oscillators, a pitched noise osc and all of the features of SafFron plus some. Turned out very well IMHO I’m getting much better at syncing the osc and the envelope for a more tight attack.
- Easy to setup Audio Tracking (designed for a guitar) with “Threshold and Velocity” which set the synths tracking. Other controls are provided for MIDI output\pitchbend, tracking range, auto tune, velocity curve and gate delay.
- Two virtual analog “VA” multi oscillators with controls for level, pan position, coarse and fine tuning.
- Amplifier, filter and modulation sections.
- Effects: Chorus, flanger, phaser, delay, reverb.
- 5-band equalizer and limiter module.
SafFron2VA is available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit Fretted Synth for more information.
Fretted Synth has released version 2.5 of FreeAmp2, a freeware multi guitar amp-sim, with built-in guitar synth.
Have had quite a few email requests for FreeAmp2, After three years of not playing FA2 I found it to be a quite different sounding amp from FA3. Much more color in its tone compared to FreeAmp3 but very useful. So I updated the plugin a bit and put it back on my site.
New in FreeAmp v2.5
- Provided a much larger frequency range.
- Added a three band parametric equalizer.
- Added an output limiter.
- Changed HP, LP in the synth to a Hi\Lo shelf Eq.
- Some small changes.
Fretted Synth has also updated SoftDrum LTD, a instrument that features 12 drum-pads (using Soundfonts per drum-pad as its sample source) was also updated. The update provides a fix so it will trigger from Alesis pad to MIDI controllers.
Both plug-ins are available as freeware for Windows PC (VST).
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download FreeAmp2 and SoftDrum LTD.
More posts that match this tag
Fretted Synth has released SafFron2W, a freeware audio triggered synth for Windows PC. SafFron2W is identical to SafTron2L (synth and FX) but uses .wav files as its source. Up to four waves can be loaded … read more
Fretted Synth has released SafFron2L, a freeware audio triggered synth VST plug-in for Windows PC. SafFron2L features Audio Tracking — easy to setup with just two controls “Threshold and Velocity” which set the synths tracking. … read more
FrettedSynth has released version 3.5 of FreeAmp3, a freeware guitar amp VST plug-in for Windows PC. Changes in v3.5 Limiter system implemented. Tweaked control ranges and internal fixed values. Some bugfixes. Visit FrettedSynth for more … read more
FrettedSynth has released v3.1 of FreeAmp, the freeware guitar amp simulator effect plug-in for Windows PC. Changes in v3.1 Fixed: speakers and output limiter, they now may be pushed quite hard without crackle. Improved: Wah … read more
FrettedSynth has released FreeAmp3, a freeware virtual guitar setup plug-in for Windows PC. FreeAmp3 features 5 Clean amps. 19 Drive amps, Provides clean/drive amp switching. 5 Amp equalizers. 2 Power amps. 17 Speakers, including 4 … read more
FrettedSynth has released Complete Drums, a VSTi plugin designed to be used with piezo type drum pads, plugged directly to your soundcard. Features A special Drums Sample Player for piezo drum pads with very fast … read more
FrettedSynth has released SoFtDrum, a VST plugin designed to use Soundfonts as its sample source. Offering the ability to have as many velocity split samples as required within the MIDI velocity range of 0-127, multi … read more
FrettedSynth Audio has released SafFronVA, a freeware VA synth made with SynthEdit. SafFronVA features 16 voice polyphonic True 4 oscillator unison per voice, which can be set from 1 to 4 voices, each can be … read more
FrettedSynth has released SafFron, a freeware SoundFont Player created with SynthEdit. Features 24 voice polyphonic Soundfont Player Amp, Filter and Modulation sections Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Reverb FX included GUI by ArtVera Visit FrettedSynth for … read more
Andrej A. Golob from Slovenija has created a preset bank for PhazOsc (VSTi version) from Fretted Synth Audio. Andrej kicks off the plug-in presets section on rekkerd.org with this nice collection of 36 presets including … read more
FrettedSynth has released Drum Direction, a free VST plug-in designed to be used with piezo type drum pads, plugged directly to your soundcard. Drum Direction turns the audio input into a MIDI signal usable by … read more
Fretted Synth has released Trampler, a Guitar Controlled Drum Synth plug-in. Features A single sample triggered by any audio input Audio trigger section consists of only two knobs, (Gate) which sets the gates strength (Decay) … read more
FrettedSynth has released Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0, a freeware bass synth which can also be used for many different synth and percussion sounds. GCBS 4.0 features Phase distortion oscillator, two wave selectors with eight … read more
FrettedSynth has released SlowBeer, an audio gate with very fast tracking (starts at about -60db and seems to be quite smooth on the gate close). SlowBeer features Gate control ADSR controls Very low CPU usage, … read more
FrettedSynth has released FreeAmp2, a virtual guitar setup plug-in. FreeAmp2 includes Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth. There are several amps types, EQs and speakers to choose from. New in FreeAmp2 Complete new GUI by Rick … read more