FrettedSynth has released Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0, a freeware bass synth which can also be used for many different synth and percussion sounds.
GCBS 4.0 features
- Phase distortion oscillator, two wave selectors with eight waveforms each and modulation depth. Sub, bass and normal octaves
- Sixteen different preset waveshapers
- Separate sub osc (can be set equal to or one octave lower than the main oscillator and can enter the signal chain pre or post filter)
- Two filters: Moog type and Low pass. Variable envelope amount with ADS controls (Velocity control affects the filter cutoff and controls the oscillator depth)
- Switchable 3 band equalizer
- Amp section ADR controls (Velocity control affects the output level)
- Audio trigger section with Gate and Decay
- 64 presets
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0.
FrettedSynth has released SlowBeer, an audio gate with very fast tracking (starts at about -60db and seems to be quite smooth on the gate close).
- Gate control
- ADSR controls
- Very low CPU usage, Zero latency with a fade in of about 1.5ms
- 4 versions are included in the download:
- Mono gate
- Stereo gate
- Mono gate side chained
- Stereo gate side chained
Tips from the developer:
- Gate sets the input-threshold, at MIN it needs about 0db to trigger the gate, at MAX it needs about -62db to trigger the gate.
- Release sets the time to re-trigger and the gate close time from about 2ms to about 200ms.
SlowBeer is available as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
More information: Fretted Synth
Oh, and while you’re over there check out the Drive5 amp simulation as well. It was FrettedSynths entry in the KVR DC 2006.
Drive-5 is an amp sim without speaker emulation and is meant to use convolution for the speaker emulation.
FrettedSynth has released FreeAmp2, a virtual guitar setup plug-in.
FreeAmp2 includes Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth. There are several amps types, EQs and speakers to choose from.
New in FreeAmp2
- Complete new GUI by Rick Christy
- Added Flanger
- Added Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth
- Reduced CPU uses by another 30% compared to FreeAmpSE v1.5 for all amps, speakers, eq’s and overdrives
- Tweaked overall tone
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download FreeAmp2.
Fretted Synth has released FreeAmpSE v1.5.
New in Version 1.5
- Reduced CPU use (still not a CPU lightweight, but should shut down less systems then v1.1)
- New overall tone
- Added host sync and tap tempo to the tremolo and delay
- Added phase shifter
- Added input\output meters
- Reduced aliasing (using no over-sampling) Not gone! but harder to make it heard
- Noise gate updated
- Delay updated
- Reverb updated
- Cleaned up the GUI
- 128 new presets (same crap names, plus 64 new crap names added)
Visit Fretted Synth for more information and a link to download FreeAmpSE v1.5.
Fretted Synth has released PhazOsc, a freeware Phase Distortion Synth VSTi.
- Phase distortion synth offering velocity control on both the amp and timbre
- Delay and chorus are also included
- Audio trigger section consists of only two knobs, (Gate) which sets the gates strength (Decay) which sets the gates time re-trigger. (Please read the manual)
- 64 presets to get you started
Check Fretted Synth for more information and a link to download PhazOsc.
FrettedSynth has released Helian FU22.
FU22 is designed to be a compressed fuzz oriented amp-sim, with the inclusion of a clean channel. It can be used for clean tones AND you can get some real “fuzzy” tones.
Check the FrettedSynth site for a link to download the FU22 amp-sim.
FrettedSynth has released 2 new Bass Amp simulation plug-ins.
Helian 1st Bass amp-sim is designed for a round sound, also provides a drive channel for more edge.
Helian 2nd Bass amp-sim is designed to give more harmonic content, also provides a drive channel for more edge.
Downloads available from the FrettedSynth website.