FrettedSynth has released SafFron, a freeware SoundFont Player created with SynthEdit.
- 24 voice polyphonic Soundfont Player
- Amp, Filter and Modulation sections
- Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Reverb FX included
- GUI by ArtVera
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download SafFron.
Andrej A. Golob from Slovenija has created a preset bank for PhazOsc (VSTi version) from Fretted Synth Audio.
Andrej kicks off the plug-in presets section on rekkerd.org with this nice collection of 36 presets including leads, bass and pads.
AAG PhazOscVSTi Downloads: 748 times
Looking for more? Check all patches by Andrej A. Golob or for PhazOsc
I will try to post new presets daily (but it’s up to you all to provide some good banks!). If you’re interested in sharing some presets yourself, don’t hesitate to contact me.
FrettedSynth has released Drum Direction, a free VST plug-in designed to be used with piezo type drum pads, plugged directly to your soundcard.
Drum Direction turns the audio input into a MIDI signal usable by any drum VSTi. It has very low CPU usage, Zero latency with a fade in of about 2.5ms.
- Threshold control – sets the threshold where the gate will trigger
- Re-Trigger control – sets the gate time to re-trigger
- Velocity tracking (also Foot Velocity)
- Linear, exponential or inverted exponential velocity curve
- Open/Close control – used to switch the hi-hat from open to closed position also has foot closed trigger
- MIDI Learn – used to re-map the open\close MIDI CC#
The download includes 4 versions: A single channel version with hihat controller, a 2 channel version, a 4 channel version and a 8 channel version with hihat controller.
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download Drum Direction.
Fretted Synth has released Trampler, a Guitar Controlled Drum Synth plug-in.
- A single sample triggered by any audio input
- Audio trigger section consists of only two knobs, (Gate) which sets the gates strength (Decay) which sets the gates time re-trigger
- 16 presets
Trampler comes in a mono and stereo version and includes sample folders to place in the same directory as the plugin (these are used with the included presets). You can overwrite them with you own samples.
Visit Fretted Synth for more information and a link to download Trampler.
FrettedSynth has released Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0, a freeware bass synth which can also be used for many different synth and percussion sounds.
GCBS 4.0 features
- Phase distortion oscillator, two wave selectors with eight waveforms each and modulation depth. Sub, bass and normal octaves
- Sixteen different preset waveshapers
- Separate sub osc (can be set equal to or one octave lower than the main oscillator and can enter the signal chain pre or post filter)
- Two filters: Moog type and Low pass. Variable envelope amount with ADS controls (Velocity control affects the filter cutoff and controls the oscillator depth)
- Switchable 3 band equalizer
- Amp section ADR controls (Velocity control affects the output level)
- Audio trigger section with Gate and Decay
- 64 presets
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0.
FrettedSynth has released SlowBeer, an audio gate with very fast tracking (starts at about -60db and seems to be quite smooth on the gate close).
- Gate control
- ADSR controls
- Very low CPU usage, Zero latency with a fade in of about 1.5ms
- 4 versions are included in the download:
- Mono gate
- Stereo gate
- Mono gate side chained
- Stereo gate side chained
Tips from the developer:
- Gate sets the input-threshold, at MIN it needs about 0db to trigger the gate, at MAX it needs about -62db to trigger the gate.
- Release sets the time to re-trigger and the gate close time from about 2ms to about 200ms.
SlowBeer is available as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
More information: Fretted Synth
Oh, and while you’re over there check out the Drive5 amp simulation as well. It was FrettedSynths entry in the KVR DC 2006.
Drive-5 is an amp sim without speaker emulation and is meant to use convolution for the speaker emulation.