FrettedSynth has released Drum Direction, a free VST plug-in designed to be used with piezo type drum pads, plugged directly to your soundcard.
Drum Direction turns the audio input into a MIDI signal usable by any drum VSTi. It has very low CPU usage, Zero latency with a fade in of about 2.5ms.
- Threshold control – sets the threshold where the gate will trigger
- Re-Trigger control – sets the gate time to re-trigger
- Velocity tracking (also Foot Velocity)
- Linear, exponential or inverted exponential velocity curve
- Open/Close control – used to switch the hi-hat from open to closed position also has foot closed trigger
- MIDI Learn – used to re-map the open\close MIDI CC#
The download includes 4 versions: A single channel version with hihat controller, a 2 channel version, a 4 channel version and a 8 channel version with hihat controller.
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download Drum Direction.
Fretted Synth has released Trampler, a Guitar Controlled Drum Synth plug-in.
- A single sample triggered by any audio input
- Audio trigger section consists of only two knobs, (Gate) which sets the gates strength (Decay) which sets the gates time re-trigger
- 16 presets
Trampler comes in a mono and stereo version and includes sample folders to place in the same directory as the plugin (these are used with the included presets). You can overwrite them with you own samples.
Visit Fretted Synth for more information and a link to download Trampler.
FrettedSynth has released Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0, a freeware bass synth which can also be used for many different synth and percussion sounds.
GCBS 4.0 features
- Phase distortion oscillator, two wave selectors with eight waveforms each and modulation depth. Sub, bass and normal octaves
- Sixteen different preset waveshapers
- Separate sub osc (can be set equal to or one octave lower than the main oscillator and can enter the signal chain pre or post filter)
- Two filters: Moog type and Low pass. Variable envelope amount with ADS controls (Velocity control affects the filter cutoff and controls the oscillator depth)
- Switchable 3 band equalizer
- Amp section ADR controls (Velocity control affects the output level)
- Audio trigger section with Gate and Decay
- 64 presets
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download Guitar Controlled Bass Synth v4.0.
FrettedSynth has released SlowBeer, an audio gate with very fast tracking (starts at about -60db and seems to be quite smooth on the gate close).
- Gate control
- ADSR controls
- Very low CPU usage, Zero latency with a fade in of about 1.5ms
- 4 versions are included in the download:
- Mono gate
- Stereo gate
- Mono gate side chained
- Stereo gate side chained
Tips from the developer:
- Gate sets the input-threshold, at MIN it needs about 0db to trigger the gate, at MAX it needs about -62db to trigger the gate.
- Release sets the time to re-trigger and the gate close time from about 2ms to about 200ms.
SlowBeer is available as a freeware VST effect plugin for Windows.
More information: Fretted Synth
Oh, and while you’re over there check out the Drive5 amp simulation as well. It was FrettedSynths entry in the KVR DC 2006.
Drive-5 is an amp sim without speaker emulation and is meant to use convolution for the speaker emulation.
FrettedSynth has released FreeAmp2, a virtual guitar setup plug-in.
FreeAmp2 includes Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth. There are several amps types, EQs and speakers to choose from.
New in FreeAmp2
- Complete new GUI by Rick Christy
- Added Flanger
- Added Guitsyn, a built-in guitar synth
- Reduced CPU uses by another 30% compared to FreeAmpSE v1.5 for all amps, speakers, eq’s and overdrives
- Tweaked overall tone
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download FreeAmp2.
Fretted Synth has released FreeAmpSE v1.5.
New in Version 1.5
- Reduced CPU use (still not a CPU lightweight, but should shut down less systems then v1.1)
- New overall tone
- Added host sync and tap tempo to the tremolo and delay
- Added phase shifter
- Added input\output meters
- Reduced aliasing (using no over-sampling) Not gone! but harder to make it heard
- Noise gate updated
- Delay updated
- Reverb updated
- Cleaned up the GUI
- 128 new presets (same crap names, plus 64 new crap names added)
Visit Fretted Synth for more information and a link to download FreeAmpSE v1.5.
Fretted Synth has released PhazOsc, a freeware Phase Distortion Synth VSTi.
- Phase distortion synth offering velocity control on both the amp and timbre
- Delay and chorus are also included
- Audio trigger section consists of only two knobs, (Gate) which sets the gates strength (Decay) which sets the gates time re-trigger. (Please read the manual)
- 64 presets to get you started
Check Fretted Synth for more information and a link to download PhazOsc.