FrozenPlain has announced the release of Colourform, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring atmospheric recordings of everyday objects.
Colourform is a Kontakt 5 sample library of picturesque organic sounds. The library explores the link between sound and colour offering a unique inspirational experience.
Each patch features 12 different sounds, that are each assigned a colour. These can then be blended and mixed in real time to produce new colours.
Rather than standard knobs and sliders, this concept allows for a more visual link between what you see and what you hear.
- 20 patches, each with 12 layers of sound.
- Add your own sounds.
- Blend 6 sounds together at once.
- Atmospheric sounds made from abstract sources: pitchforks, glass bowls, creaky gates, spanners, rain and thunder, fire, water, miscellaneous metal, CRT screens, bowed glass and plucked strings.
- Randomize for musical outcomes.
- Save presets.
- Set up modwheel modulation.
- Smart voicing for better CPU usage.
The library is available for purchase for $39 USD.
More information: FrozenPlain / Colourform
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Dual Music Box, a new instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The library consists of 3 layers: 2 different multisampled music boxes, and a selection of other sounds to mix in (glockenspiel, reversed, plucked string and more).
The instrument is intended to be a realistic sound, but also capable of creating ambient sounds.
Dual Music Box features
- 24 presets.
- 2 sampled music boxes.
- 7 alternate sounds to layer (glockenspiel, plucked string, sustained, etc.).
- 4 round robin music boxes.
- 21 impulse responses.
- 4 effects: distortion, rotator, reverb and tempo synced delay with presets.
- Attack/ release and low/ high EQ controls.
The library is available for purchase for $8 USD.
FrozenPlain has also updated the free Victorian Music Box library to version 1.1, which now includes a redesigned UI, 9 new presets, and tweaks to EQ controls and sample start times.
More information: FrozenPlain / Dual Music Box
FrozenPlain has launched Ancient Chordophone, an unusual string instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Ancient Chordophone is a Kontakt 5 plucked string library. The sound could be described as an organic-hybrid guitar. It is not designed to be a ‘real’ instrument, but rather a fun and useful sound. It’s great for atmospheric stuff and for making rhythms using the included arpeggiator.
Ancient Chordophone features
- Morphed presets – with synths, strings and sustained samples.
- 3 round robin.
- Attack/ Release and Low/High EQ controls.
- Random slider that randomises note start time.
- Arpeggiator with 6 presets.
- Stereo recordings at 96kHz/24bit.
- 21 sound design impulses.
- 4 effects; distortion, rotator, reverb and tempo synced delay with presets.
- 20 presets.
The library is available to purchase for $9 USD.
More information: FrozenPlain / Ancient Chordophone
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Phoenix, a strings and choir instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt which offers more than just samples.
Phoenix handles almost like a synth; it has envelopes, velocity controls, 2 customisable LFOs and 6 effects.
The sounds themselves originate from synthesisers and from granulised real samples – these have a characteristic smooth and organic sound. The 6 layers can be mixed, tuned, panned and even modulated with custom waveforms from LFOs.
Phoenix is good for big sustains – pads, string ensembles, ambient, spacy pads and it will work well for any genre.
- Samples originate from synthesisers. They have a smooth rich tone.
- 6 layers or ‘oscillators’ which can be mixed, tuned and panned.
- ADSR and velocity controls for volume and low pass filter.
- 2 custom LFOs; draw your own waveforms and see the modulation happen.
- Phoenix can create everything from realistic string ensembles to sci-fi beeps and pads.
- 6 effects; chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, reverb with 21 impulses and tempo synced delay.
- 17 presets.
The library is available to purchase for $34 USD. Requires full version of Kontakt 5.
More information: FrozenPlain / Phoenix
FrozenPlain has launched Victorian Music Box, a free virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Victorian Music Box has a great sound, somewhat dark, yet beautiful. It’s perfect for creating atmosphere and for background melodies.
The first page includes a random knob; this delays the start time of the notes. This is perfect for adding realism to the instrument. As you can imagine, an actual music box will not hit multiple notes at the extact same millisecond.
There is also a simple EQ, If you find it a little too bright and plucky, bringing the highs down a bit is perfect for this.
Victorian Music Box features
- Antique music box.
- 42 samples (lossless ncw format), stereo 44.1kHz/24bit recordings.
- 4 round robin.
- 21 convolution impulses.
- Effects page; tempo synced delay, rotator, distortion and reverb. With presets!
- Extra sounds; winding up and noise from the cogs.
The library is a free download. Requires full version of Kontakt.
More information: FrozenPlain / Victorian Music Box