VST Buzz has launched a limited time promotion on Colourform, offering 70% off the Kontakt instrument library by Frozen Plain.
Save a whopping 70% off “Colourform” – a sample library that allows you to blend organic sounds using colours.
This is an incredible product for all electronic musicians and composers, capable of producing beautiful and unique synth soundscapes.
- 20 unique Kontakt patches, with a total of 112 sounds between them.
- Unique visual inspirational experience.
- Stereo 24 bit samples.
- 427MB of content (ncw audio files).
- PDF Manual explaining all the controls.
- Atmospheric sounds made from abstract sources: pitchforks, glass bowls, creaky gates, spanners, rain and thunder, fire and more.
- A completely new and inspirational way of working.
Colourform is available from VST Buzz for 9.99 EUR until March 3rd, 2015.
More information: VST Buzz / Frozen Plain Colourform
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Colourform, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring atmospheric recordings of everyday objects.
Colourform is a Kontakt 5 sample library of picturesque organic sounds. The library explores the link between sound and colour offering a unique inspirational experience.
Each patch features 12 different sounds, that are each assigned a colour. These can then be blended and mixed in real time to produce new colours.
Rather than standard knobs and sliders, this concept allows for a more visual link between what you see and what you hear.
- 20 patches, each with 12 layers of sound.
- Add your own sounds.
- Blend 6 sounds together at once.
- Atmospheric sounds made from abstract sources: pitchforks, glass bowls, creaky gates, spanners, rain and thunder, fire, water, miscellaneous metal, CRT screens, bowed glass and plucked strings.
- Randomize for musical outcomes.
- Save presets.
- Set up modwheel modulation.
- Smart voicing for better CPU usage.
The library is available for purchase for $39 USD.
More information: FrozenPlain / Colourform
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Dual Music Box, a new instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The library consists of 3 layers: 2 different multisampled music boxes, and a selection of other sounds to mix in (glockenspiel, reversed, plucked string and more).
The instrument is intended to be a realistic sound, but also capable of creating ambient sounds.
Dual Music Box features
- 24 presets.
- 2 sampled music boxes.
- 7 alternate sounds to layer (glockenspiel, plucked string, sustained, etc.).
- 4 round robin music boxes.
- 21 impulse responses.
- 4 effects: distortion, rotator, reverb and tempo synced delay with presets.
- Attack/ release and low/ high EQ controls.
The library is available for purchase for $8 USD.
FrozenPlain has also updated the free Victorian Music Box library to version 1.1, which now includes a redesigned UI, 9 new presets, and tweaks to EQ controls and sample start times.
More information: FrozenPlain / Dual Music Box
FrozenPlain has launched Ancient Chordophone, an unusual string instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Ancient Chordophone is a Kontakt 5 plucked string library. The sound could be described as an organic-hybrid guitar. It is not designed to be a ‘real’ instrument, but rather a fun and useful sound. It’s great for atmospheric stuff and for making rhythms using the included arpeggiator.
Ancient Chordophone features
- Morphed presets – with synths, strings and sustained samples.
- 3 round robin.
- Attack/ Release and Low/High EQ controls.
- Random slider that randomises note start time.
- Arpeggiator with 6 presets.
- Stereo recordings at 96kHz/24bit.
- 21 sound design impulses.
- 4 effects; distortion, rotator, reverb and tempo synced delay with presets.
- 20 presets.
The library is available to purchase for $9 USD.
More information: FrozenPlain / Ancient Chordophone
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Phoenix, a strings and choir instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt which offers more than just samples.
Phoenix handles almost like a synth; it has envelopes, velocity controls, 2 customisable LFOs and 6 effects.
The sounds themselves originate from synthesisers and from granulised real samples – these have a characteristic smooth and organic sound. The 6 layers can be mixed, tuned, panned and even modulated with custom waveforms from LFOs.
Phoenix is good for big sustains – pads, string ensembles, ambient, spacy pads and it will work well for any genre.
- Samples originate from synthesisers. They have a smooth rich tone.
- 6 layers or ‘oscillators’ which can be mixed, tuned and panned.
- ADSR and velocity controls for volume and low pass filter.
- 2 custom LFOs; draw your own waveforms and see the modulation happen.
- Phoenix can create everything from realistic string ensembles to sci-fi beeps and pads.
- 6 effects; chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, reverb with 21 impulses and tempo synced delay.
- 17 presets.
The library is available to purchase for $34 USD. Requires full version of Kontakt 5.
More information: FrozenPlain / Phoenix
FrozenPlain has launched Victorian Music Box, a free virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Victorian Music Box has a great sound, somewhat dark, yet beautiful. It’s perfect for creating atmosphere and for background melodies. … read more