Unfiltered Audio has launched Sandman, a delay and loop-mangler capable of creating beautiful, dreamlike ambient textures or busy, hyper-stuttered glitch beats.
Sandman blends many time-manipulation paradigms into one inviting interface, giving you the ability to use it as a traditional delay, a flanger, a granulator, a wavetable oscillator, or something completely different.
A feature-packed modulation system keeps everything animated, while a special de-clicking algorithm ensures that your loops are mix-ready.
- “Sleep” mode freezes your delay buffer, creating locked loops. Loops can be further manipulated by changing the start and end points or manipulating the buffer size.
- Variable Sample Rate expands your delay times (up to eight minutes!) while enabling amazing creative possibilities. Use it to repitch a frozen buffer, add a bit of grittiness and warmth to a delay line, or simply decimate everything.
- Wide-ranging tempo-syncable delay times (down to 5 milliseconds). At its smallest settings, you can use Sandman as a flanger, a wavetable oscillator, a micro-delay, or to turn percussion into string tones.
- Dual LFOs with bipolar modulation destinations. Keep your loops from going stagnant and explore some wild modulation opportunities.
- Optional de-clicking algorithm makes your loops invisible. You can automate this algorithm’s state, giving you glitchy clicks and cuts when you want them.
- Feedback filtering helps you control more intense patches or add a bit of murk to your loops.
- Intelligent “Lock” modes keep your delay length and loop lengths intact, even with a modulated sampling rate.
- “Dirt” switch adds some nastiness to the heart of the delay line for that extra-vintage feel.
- Preset locks allow you to keep specific parameters frozen on preset change.
- DRM Free. When you buy it, you own it. No serial numbers, dongles, or forced internet connections.
- Steam Cloud Support means that if you use G8 Gate through Steam, all of your presets will be automatically backed up to the cloud and synced between your computers. Every purchase of G8 includes a Steam Key. If you are unfamiliar with Steam, please see Steam’s homepage.
Sandman for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $14.99 USD until November 21st, 2014 (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Unfiltered Audio / Sandman
Glitchmachines has launched Cataract, a Segment Multiplexer plug-in geared toward electronic music production and experimental sound design.
Cataract features an arsenal of sample scanners with integrated modulation sequencers and morphing functions. This makes it possible to construct architecturally complex patterns ranging from nuanced percussive articulations to intricate particle sound effects and all out generative hyper glitch chaos.
Infinitely transform your audio files with Cataract’s extensive randomization and modulation options. Warp pitched samples into parallax melodies or redistribute loop segments into generative polyrhythms. Whether you are sculpting articulate percussion patterns for an electronic music EP or designing high- tech cyborg effects for a sci-fi game, Cataract will give your projects a unique cutting-edge twist.
- 2 monophonic scanner modules with dual sample slots.
- Integrated modulation and scan sequencers.
- 2 LFOs per scanner with dedicated modulation matrix.
- 1 Multi-mode filter per scanner.
- 1 Delay effect per scanner.
- 3-Band graphic EQ per scanner.
- Extensive global and per-scanner randomization tools.
- Morphing section with dedicated X-MOD LFO.
- Dynamic color-coded user interface.
- Sample pack with over 130 new loops and 200 new sound effects.
- Presets from Ivo Ivanov, Nicholas Yochum and Daed.
Cataract for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Glitchmachines / Cataract
TimeDomain has released EpiCentre, a free a distortion/FSU effect designed with minimal controls, to get fast and dirty results.
EpiCentre will shatter, rock and rumble your audio. Created for the KVR Developers Challenge 2014.
Custom coded in C++, oversampled where useful, SSE2 optimizations of some critical code and ZDF filters for smooth modulation. GUI by Sebastian Heemsath aka Halma.
- 25x Distortion/FSU/Filter Effects.
- Mix Control.
- Gain Control.
- Low & High Tilt Filters.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST). It was designed for the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: TimeDomain
Glitchmachines has released version 1.1 of Fracture, the free buffer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Fracture features a buffer effect, a multimode filter, three LFOs and a delay. This plugin is geared toward adding glitchy articulations and abstract textures to your projects. Use it on anything from drums and percussion to synth lines and sound effects. Fracture’s intuitive interface and diverse features make it simple to give your projects a unique technical edge.
Changes in Fracture v1.1
- New: Panic button to clean delay lines.
- New: improved user interface.
- Fixed: some controls would not properly reflect the current parameter value.
- Fixed: better automation behavior.
Fracture for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download from Glitchmachines.
More information: Glitchmachines / Fracture
Falls A Star has released SplitDelay, a free experimental multi-index delay buffer effect plug-in for Windows.
A standard delay effect consists of a buffer and an index which moves linearly across it, looping back to the beginning like a magnetic head on a tape loop.
But instead of a single index, SplitDelay has multiple indices and rules for determining what to do with them. This makes it very messy and noisy, in hopefully interesting ways.
SplitDelay for Windows (32/64-bit VST) is available as freeware.
More information: Falls A Star
More posts that match this tag
Glitchmachines has announced the release of Hysteresis, a free glitch delay effect plug-in geared toward creating robotic artifacts and abstract musical malfunctions. Hysteresis features a delay effect with stutter, lowpass filter and modulation effects thrown … read more
Z3 Audiolabs has updated its Repeat-X stutter/multi-fx effect plugin for Windows to version 1.1. Repeat-X is a multi-effect/stutter FX vst plugin, it is designed for manipulating audio in realtime and offers you 9 effect algorithms. … read more
Vengeance Sound has launched Glitch Bitch, a Vengeance Producer Suite effect plug-in for creating glitch and stutter effects. VPS Glitch Bitch is your new favourite tool, when it comes to mangle your audio tracks: shorten … read more
Xenakios has updated the Windows version of HourGlass, a free application intended for radical sound processing. HourGlass is a standalone application intended for radical sound processing by taking fragments (more commonly referred to as “grains” … read more
Z3 Audiolabs has announced the release of Repeat-X, a multi-effect stutter effect, the Dizztroy distortion, and Scratch it!, a free scratch/tapestop plug-in. Repeat-X Repeat-X is easy and intuitive, designed for live use. Repeat-X is designed … read more
Ableton has announced the release of Spectrum Effects, AutoBeat and RokVid, three new Max for Live devices. Max for Live offers the promise of unlimited sonic – and visual – explorations, within the familiar framework … read more
Inear Display has released BowEcho, a modular delay effect plug-in for Windows. BowEcho is a modular sound mangler based on 4 delay lines. It offers a large palette of sound design options thanks to 4 … read more
Tek’it Audio has announced its Autumn Sale, offering the Kutter 2 and GattR effect plug-ins for Windows at a 50% discount for 2 weeks only. For a limited time get Kutter 2 and GattR for … read more
JC Productionz has released the Simple Stutter and Simple Stutter Pro effect plug-ins for Windows. This is a stuttering vst plugin for PC, which will give you that kool stutter effect used by artitsts like … read more
Time+Space has announced that the Stutter Edit effect plug-in by iZotope is available at a 40% discount for a limited time. “There’s nothing like Stutter Edit – no other plug-ins have successfully combined buffer chopping, … read more
Outbound link: Time+Space
/ Stutter Edit
– Related: discounts
, effect plugins
, Groove 3
Posted in news
on Jul 02, 2013 - 0 comments
Loomer has updated the Sequent modular multi-effects unit to version 1.3.11. Sequent has seven individual effect blocks: a Beat Looper; two Filters, both switchable between lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes and capable of self oscillation … read more
Outbound link: Loomer
– Related: AU
, effect plugins
, multi fx
Posted in news
on May 15, 2013 - 0 comments
Inear Display has released version 1.2 of Eurydice, a semi-modular sound mangling plugin focused on sound design. The original Eurydice was based on two sound buffers, two multimode filters and two crushers. Starting with version … read more
Inear Display has announced that its Bucephal, Danaides and SicknDstroy effect plugins are now available in native 32 and 64-bit VST format for Linux. Inear Display plugins Bucephal is a sound mangling plugin based on … read more
Illformed has announced the release of Glitch 2, an audio effect plugin for Windows, Mac and Linux. Featuring a new and improved sequencer which can play multiple effects simultaneously, with the ability to trigger unique … read more
Inear Display has announced Danaides, a sequenced sound mangler with a powerful modulation section. It gives you the ability to route the input signal through a filter and three sound destruction effect processors : a … read more