Fsynthz has released ProgAte, a MIDI processor/router, allowing you to control up to 8 synths with one MIDI keyboard.
ProgAte MIDI processor/router: control up to 8 synthesizers with a single keyboard.
You send midi program changes, together with all the rest midi events, to ProgAte. ProgAte splits and filters the stream, remaps the ProgChange messages – and outputs the processed midi stream, one channel per synth (up to 8 for one instance of ProgAte).
- Program changes remapping.
- Layers/splits (velocity range, key range).
- Volume adjustments.
- Synths switching on/off.
- Pitch bend and controllers filtering off.
ProgAte for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: FSynthz / ProgAte
Fsynthz has released Prognum a MIDI utility instrument plugin for Windows.
Single button MIDI program browsing with Fsynthz Prognum.
A MIDI processing VSTi, suited for two purposes:
- indicating current MIDI program IN BIG NUMBERS (both the 1-128 value and grouped by 8)
- browsing MIDI programs of a subsequent synth up and down with one single button, assignable to any MIDI controller (examples are: sustain pedal #64, portamento switch #65). Short hit on the button is one program up, long hit (>1 sec) – one down.
Two synths (two channels) may me managed with one instance of Prognum.
The second processing tract features responsibility to the program-changing button on all channels – while sending the resulting MIDI prog.change message to the chosen (destination) channel only.
So you don’t have to switch your MIDI keyboard to the 2nd MIDI channel to send a prog.change to the 2nd synth (e.g. a groovebox).
Prognum is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: Fsynthz / Prognum
Fsynthz has released PhybAce Pilot, a free physically modeled bass guitar instrument for Windows.
PhybAce Pilot is a test of the platform, coming with limited set of features/controls, still coming close enough to the full-scale power of the model. It is intended to collect opinions and suggestions for the further development.
PhybAce Pilot’s tone generator is based on original C++ code.
PhybAce Pilot features
- String, in detailed math.
- Plectron (stiffness, position, picking way – up to slapping).
- Body resonances.
- Two pickups (with positions).
- “Slide mode” for legato up.
PhybAce Pilot for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost.
More information: Fsynthz / PhybAce Pilot
FSynthz has released FreezeBreather, a free synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows.
FreezeBreather is a formant-vowel synth that introduces laughter, breathing noises, and random syllables sung – as parts of vox pads, leads, organs.
- Formant-vowel subtractive synthesis.
- ModWheel shifts vowels or alternatively, adds modulation (4 types).
- Random Vowel Mode, for “fake vocoder” effect.
- 7-voiced unison plus shaped breath noise for the carrier.
- Compact GUI with balloon tooltips on controls.
- CPU-friendly for the sound.
FreezeBreather is freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: FSynthz
Fsynthz has released Puncho Groove, a free groove instrument plugin for Windows.
Makes a groovy loop of anything you play and updates it on the fly. You may bring up grooves of enormous complexity. Playing to a drum machine is recommended.
Puncho Groove features
- Features the renewed MoarF engine to provide “timbre rambling”, hand morph etc.
- Transpose your loops on the fly .
- Quantize your loops on the go (if you tend to be “normal”).
- Use Puncho G. as a midi processor to drive other synthz.
Puncho Groove for Windows (VST) is available as freeware.
More information: Fsynthz / Puncho Groove