KV331 Audio has announced the release of version 2.0 of SynthMaster, its flagship semi-modular software synthesizer for Windows.
The new version introduces layers, “analog”-modelled filters, massive modulation capabilities, additive/wavetable/wavescanning synthesis, rich wavetable content, 580 ready to use factory presets, a comprehensive preset browser and a skin/interface editor that allows the customization of SynthMaster’s user interface.
Changes in SynthMaster v2.0
- Layers: In SynthMaster 2.0, every voice consists of 2 layers. Each layer has its own Arpeggiator/Sequencer, 2 Oscillators, 2 Multimode filters, 4 Modulators, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 2 Multistage Envelopes, 2 LFOs, 4 KeyScalers and Distortion/LoFi/4 Band EQ effects.
- “Analog” filters: SynthMaster now sounds warmer with the addition of “analog” LP/HP/BP/BS filters modelled after the famous “Ladder” filter. Aside from those, 1/2/3/4 stage allpass and comb filters are new additions as well.
- “Wavetable/Wavescanning” oscillators: With the addition of Wavetable/wavescanning synthesis in SynthMaster 2,0, now it is possible to create very complex and evolving sounds using up to 16 wavetables and smoothly sequencing between them.
- Massive Modulation Capabilities: It is possible to modulate almost every continuous parameter in SynthMaster 2.0 using LFOs, Envelopes, KeyScalers, MIDI Velocity, MIDI Aftertouch or MIDI Controllers, which makes it possible to create very complex sounds with SynthMaster 2.0.
- Rich Wavetable Content: Aside from the 128 factory wavetables licensed from Galbanum, 330 user wavetables selected with permission from the publicly available Muz3um for Rapture patch set also comes with SynthMaster 2.0. For users that want more, they are free to import their own single cycle waveforms in WAV format as well.
- Rich Preset Content: To show the power of SynthMaster 2.0, a talented team of professional sound designers formed by Scot Solida, LeLotusBleu Sound Design, Xenos Soundworks, CFA-Audio, KV331 Audio’s own Teoman Pasinlioğlu, as well as fellow beta testers Ingonator and FragileX have created 580 ready to use presets in a wide range of genres/styles such as Ambient, Chillout, Dance, Disco, DnB, Electronica, HipHop, Pop, Rave and Trance.
- Preset Browser: With the addition of a preset browser users can now easily find the sound they’re looking for in SynthMaster 2.0 by filtering through instrument type, attributes, music style or author name.
- Skin Editor: SynthMaster 2.0 comes with its WYSIWYG skin editor which allows the users to easily customize the look of SynthMaster, or to create new skins with different layouts.
- Serial Number Copy Protection Only: Unlike the first version, SynthMaster 2.0 uses only serial number copy protection.
SynthMaster 2.0 is available at the introductory price of $59 USD until December 31, 2009 (regular price $99 USD). A demo version of SynthMaster 2.0 is available to download from the KV331 Audio website.
More information: KV331 Audio
Galbanum has released Abstraction 04: Found Sound Urban Intelligence, a new sample library in the Abstraction series.
Like it’s predecessor, Abstraction 04 is once again an all-you-can-eat buffet of domestic “found sound”, which has been purposefully polished, refined, and formated into rhythmic loop adders designed to spice up your percussive pallet and inject freshness into your grooves. This time around however, it is targeted directly at down tempo breaks, centrally-Intelligent hip-hop, and experimental urban futurism. Furthermore, this massive second helping of glitch rhythms and real-world sampled eccentricism, is for the first time paired together with analog kick and snare loops to synergistically co-create some seriously freaky future funk designed to make 3008 look old-school.
All Abstraction 04 loop content is produced at a native tempo of 106 BPM and is designed to effortlessly stretch from 90BPM to 120BPM and beyond to fit all tempo ranges used in current urban and down-tempo breaks music sub-genres.
Abstraction 04 features
- 1,040 new cutting edge loop files (over 1GB, 44.1K/24bit): 160 Solo Kick Loops, 160 Solo Snare Loops, 320 Abstraction Percussion Loops, 320 Mix Loops, 80 Extra Bonus Abstraction Perc Loops.
- Both Mix and Solo Element loops are provided. Four different loop types are available.
- All solo element loops are provided without additional auxiliary Reverb or delay effects. This keeps the loops pristinely clean and sharp, enables easy custom slicing and editing, and allows the producer to apply his own favorite effects.
- All percussion samples are made in stereo and make use of extreme spatial processing techniques at the sample level to produce sounds that literally jump out of the speakers.
Abstraction 04: Found Sound Urban Intelligence is available in Apple Loops, Acid Loops, REX Loops, and Single Hit Samples versions, starting at $39.95 USD for a single format, with additional formats available for $14.95 USD. A free set of samples is available for download from the product page.
More information: Galbanum
2CAudio (a sister company of Galbanum) has released Aether, a self-modulating algorithmic reverb for Windows and Mac.
Unlike convolution reverbs, Aether is not a static process, and no two instances of Aether are ever exactly the same. The same is true in real world acoustical spaces as well: a building’s acoustical character may vary slightly depending on several factors such as its current occupancy, and even more subtle things such as the current temperature and humidity. Thus, acoustic space itself is alive in the real world and is constantly shifting, morphing, and evolving to produce a complex array of potential impulse responses. A sampled impulse response of a real acoustic space, can be quite accurate for that particular moment, but it tells only part of the story. It is like a picture of a lake, versus the lake itself. A lake in the real world is unlikely to spontaneously develop waves the size of those found in the ocean, but it is never quite as still as a picture either. Aether’s approach does not simply sample one static picture in time, but rather captures the complete subtly of the dynamic chaotic processes found in life and it retains all the detail and organic feel of these processes. Aether is alive!
- Extreme precision floating-point engine which rivals the best hardware reverb units available.
- Impeccable specifications in Space, Time, and Frequency response.
- Unique pervasive Auto-Randomizing scheme throughout the entire algorithm which keeps mixes sounding alive.
- Non-Exponential Decay curves for incredibly lush sound.
- Discrete Early Reflection and Late Reflection Engines.
- 33 Space Type Models.
- Over 250 professionally designed factory presets ranging from sublime acoustic emulations to extreme sound-design ambiences.
- Reverb Decay Time range from 0.10sec to 120sec plus an Infinite Decay Mode.
- Frequency Dependant Decay Time Scaling.
- True Stereo and Hybrid Stereo modes.
- Coded in assembly and optimized with SSE for extreme efficiency.
- Only 4 sample latency! Suitable for use in tracking and performance.
- Supported Sample Rates of up to 192K.
- Intuitive futuristic GUI designed for maximum control and ease of use.
Aether is available as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) and has an introductory price of $249.95 USD through April 01, 2009 (regular price is $349.95 USD). A demo version is available for download from the product page.
Visit 2CAudio for more information and audio demos.
Galbanum has released Abstraction 03: Found Sound Club Edition, an eclectic all-you-can-eat buffet of domestic “found sound” purposefully polished, refined, and formated into rhythmic loop adders which are designed to spice up your percussive pallet and inject freshness into your grooves.
It’s a cornucopia of pseudo organic glitch rhythms and real-world sampled eccentricism where any household sound – from the hand saw, to the power drill, to literally the kitchen sink – is fair game as a substitution for a normal drum machine.
Abstraction 03 features
- 1,792 new cutting edge files! 768 Loops plus 1024 single-hit abstract organic percussion samples. All files are 44.1K/24bit content. 750MB of uncompressed loops and 130MB of Single Hit Samples.
- Loops available in Apple Loops, Acid Loops, or REX2 formats. All loops are 2 measures long and are designed to allow using partial segments of the full loop to give thousands of variations.
- Single-hit samples are intelligently grouped into 32 instrument folders and named with MIDI note names to facilitate auto-key-mappings for supported samplers.
Abstraction 03 is available for direct download for $39.95 USD in any of these formats: Apple Loops, Acid Loops, REX Loops, and Single Hit Samples. You can purchase multiple formats at an additional $14.95 USD each.
Visit Galbanum for more information and audio demos.
Galbanum has released Second Coming, a Rapture Expansion developed for Rapture version 1.1 or later.
Prepare for the Second Coming of Galbanum’s Synth Expansion Line! First came the lamb, now comes the lion! These are not your grandma’s well-behaved retro sounds! The Second Coming Rapture Expansion focuses on aggressive high-energy dance music synths, monstrous techno & electro basses, industrial FX, and big-room arpeggiated chaos. It offers 400 pedal-to-the-medal presets based exclusively on 600MB of new custom resources designed to compliment Rapture’s award winning Expression Engine!
Second Coming features
- Over 600MB of new content for Rapture and Rapture LE, 1,393 files in total.
- 400 new pedal-to-the-medal presets, including 138 Bass, 86 Synth, 63 FX, 54 Arpeggio, and 60 Raw Food Presets.
- Approximately 1,000 new resources including, Architecture Samples, Architecture Waveforms, Architecture LFOs, SFZ MultiSamples, SFZ MultiWaveforms, and more.
- Developed for Rapture version 1.1 or later and makes extensive use of the its new features including new filter modes, new DSP transforms, new signal routing, tempo-synched envelopes, 64bit waveforms, stereo waveforms and more.
Second Coming is available for download for $59.95 USD. Registered users of Architecture Waveforms CE or Piscis can get it for $49.95 USD.
Visit Galbanum for more information and audio demos.
Galbanum has released Piscis Rapture Expansion, the first in Galbanum’s Synth Expansion Line products of downloadable collections of professionally designed presets.
Galbanum’s Piscis Rapture Expansion is a creative tool which communicates big ideas, elicits emotion, and is well suited to be used in epic scoring projects. It empowers sonic symbolism and above all – to paraphrase Zen philosopher Ernest Hemingway – is just that which you want it to be.
Piscis Rapture Expansion features
- Over 1GB of new content for Rapture and Rapture LE. 1,652 files in total.
- 250 new meticulously designed presets, including 105 Spectrum Pads, 40 Multiwave Pads, 54 Basic Pads, 11 Arpeggiated Pads, 26 Texture Pads, and 14 Texture FX.
- 1,402 new resources including, Architecture Samples, Architecture Waveforms, Architecture LFOs, SFZ MultiSamples, SFZ MultiWaveforms, and more.
The is available for download for $59.95 USD.
Visit Galbanum for more information.