The Chip Collection has announced that the NES Chip Collection is now available for Ableton Live.
Do you want to make chip tunes? Or integrate the sound of the Nintendo NES into your music? You do not have to buy the NES or mess around old gear and software that doesnt quite emulate that natural sound 8 bit sound.
These are profesionally recorded samples at 24 bit 96khz bit rate directly from the NES output on the back of the machine. People will actually think you have an NES with midi. Every Square wave, Sine, Noise, and even 8-bit percussive samples.
NES CHIP Collection for Ableton features
- 8 Bit Drum WAVE sound files.
- Bonus SK1 Drums.
- NES Square Waves files.
- The NES Sine wave.
- Individual NES Noise WAVE files with integrated refill patch.
- Custom NES FX WAVES Files.
- Ableton Live Project.
The NES Chip Collection is available to purchase for $20 USD (also available in Reason ReFill, Multiformat SF2/Gig formats).
More information: The Chip Collection
Sebastian Tomczak of little-scale has released the Atari 2600 Percussive Sample Pack, a free collection of samples from an Atari 2600 console.
This sample pack features 28 short percussive samples recorded from an Atari 2600 Jr PAL console.
Previously, people have requested dry, direct recordings of these samples as a pack – this is why the pack is being posted.
The Atari 2600 Percussive Sample Pack is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
More information: little-scale
Related: 8 Bit Weapon
, game consoles
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 01, 2009
Sony Creative Software has released 8 Bit Weapon: A Chiptune Odyssey, a massive collection of chiptune style loops and samples created using vintage computers and video game consoles.
The library covers Apple II, Commodore 64, NES, Gameboy, and the Atari 2600. Each system library has everything from drums, bass and synth to special effects. Both 8 Bit Weapon and ComputeHer have featured demos built into the collection.
The library features 462 (537 MB) original, royalty-free WAV files.
8 Bit Weapon: A Chiptune Oddysey is available for download now for 29.95 EUR ex VAT.
Visit Sony Creative Software for more information and demo sounds.
, field recording
, game consoles
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Mar 28, 2008
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on March 28th, 2008:
- Musical Furnishings – The Musical Rumba Series – Design your own personal drum table with durable, interchangeable and rearrangeable percussion inserts. Choose from four different sized tables to suit your musical and space needs. The smallest table accepts four of the smaller instruments and the largest accepts sixteen.
Musical Furnishings – The Musical Rumba Series
Remember the Wii Loop Machine?
The Amazing Rolo and Lucky Frame Limited have announced the release of the Loop Machine 2.0 for Mac OS X.
The Loop Machine 2.0 is the brand new, far more powerful version of the famous Wii Loop Machine, which was featured on Create Digital Music, Engadget, MAKE, Wired Blog, The Unofficial Apple Weblog, and more (links below). The user can load in any audio files or loops and start mixing, chopping, and crazinating within minutes, just by using the wireless Wiimote and dancing around and looking totally awesome.
The Amazing Rolo Wii Loop Machine 2.0
The Loop Machine 2.0 was rebuilt from the ground up, with power, flexibility, and ease of use in mind.
The Loop Machine 2.0 features
- Four channels of independently controlled audio.
- Three effects and a filter on each channel.
- Effects, filter, and channel volume are all mapped to the userÊ¼s movements.
- Live audio sampling on each channel.
- “Learn Mode”, which records the movement of the controller and applies it to an effect on the loop or sample.
- BPM tempo adjustment, with time signature and loop length.
- Recorder for saving your set.
The Loop Machine 2.0 is now available for $20 USD. A fully featured time-limited demo is available for download.
Visit The Amazing Rolo for more information.