M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces.
The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with the M-Track Eight interface.
These new products give songwriters the ability to participate in the world of computer-based recording with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that boasts 24-bit studio-quality audio performance, along with a new rugged all-metal chassis, greatly improved pre-amps, and class-leading audio performance on the inputs.
With these new products, M-Audio also announces a partnership with Waves Audio, Ltd.
“The new M-Tracks are designed to provide professional recording quality to musicians and producers, and we could think of nobody better to partner with for professional effects than Waves Audio,” said J.C. Sutherland, M-Audio Product Manager. “For more than 20 years, their effects plug-ins have set the standard for digital signal processing, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer their world-class effects to M-Track customers.”
Included with the M-Tracks are AudioTrack, Eddie Kramer Effect Channel, and TrueVerb plugins, which add a professional touch to any production. These plugins, along with the included Ableton Live Lite, provide a solid foundation to start a home/portable recording studio.
M-Audio’s currently available M-Track Eight also benefits from the Waves plugin treatment. In addition to AudioTrack, Eddie Kramer Effect Channel, and TrueVerb, M-Track Eight adds the L1 Ultramaximizer and Manny Marroquin Delay as part of its included software suite.
“We’re very excited about the new M-Track family of interfaces. They are solidly built, and with the added Waves plugin bundle users can produce impressive results that far exceed what the price points suggest.” – J.C. Sutherland, M-Audio Product Manager.
The upgraded M-Track and M-Track Plus will be available at the end of October, priced at $99 USD and $149 USD, respectively; the M-Track Eight is available now for $399 USD.
More information: M-Audio
Source Audio has announced the release of the Soundblox 2 Stingray multi-filter pedal.
Since the introduction of the Hot Hand Wah back in 2006 and the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter in 2011, Source Audio has built a reputation for making excellent filter effects with immense tonal range and superior envelope control. The Stingray carries on that tradition and adds some exciting features like new LFO wave shapes, onboard overdrive/fuzz, improved envelope response, external control options, and full MIDI capabilities. “Over the last ten years, no other effects company has been as deeply invested in all aspects of filter understanding and development as Source Audio” says company owner, Roger Smith, “Stingray is our ultimate creation and expression of beauty and depth.”
The Stingray includes 12 diverse and finely crafted filter effects, including low pass, high pass, phaser, single peak, and multi-peak. Each filter brings its own unique character, from a resonant and aggressive Single Peak Filter, to smooth, vowel flavored Multi-Peak effects. The Stingray also contains an internal overdrive/fuzz circuit that adds an entirely new set of possibilities to the sound palette – users can blend a wide range of distortion levels with any of the filter effects, from moderate overdrive to extreme and aggressive fuzz.
“I truly think the potential of filter effects has been largely ignored by pedal builders,” says Source Audio’s Head of Engineering, Jesse Remignanti. “Traditional envelope filter pedals are very limited in the range of sounds you can get, but with the LFO waveform options and built in overdrive, the Stingray has a wealth of completely original tones, everything from basic wahs to ambient oscillating vocal sounds and beyond. This pedal really is a filter powerhouse.”
Stingray Multi-Filter features
- Diverse Sound Palette — Features 12 different Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Single Peak, Multi-Peak, and Notch filters.
- Onboard overdrive/fuzz that blends perfectly with any of the Stingray’s filter effects. Drive tones range from warm and natural overdrive to extreme fuzz.
- Control filter modulation with envelope follower, Tap Tempo LFO (sine, square, random sample-and-hold, or saw tooth), Hot Hand, or the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal.
- MIDI Capable — Use the Soundblox HUB for MIDI access to control parameters and save up to 128 user presets.
- Deep Control Set — Access to control parameters typically found in only professional rack-mount effects, or computer software. Adjustable parameters include Modulation Depth, Filter Frequency, Resonance, Wet/Dry Mix, Overdrive, Overdrive EQ, Output Level and more.
- State-of-the-Art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- Two programmable user presets easily accessible via two dedicated footswitches.
- Multi-Function Jacks — Use the Source Audio Hot Hand motion sensors, or Dual Expression Pedal, for on-the-fly control over modulation or any knob parameter.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- Compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs) 9V DC power supply included.
The Soundblox 2 Stingray Multi-Filter is available for MSRP $249 USD (street $169 USD).
More information: Source Audio / Soundblox 2 Stingray
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app.
The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track recording/playback.
“Early on, Mackie believed that we can bring the user incredible benefits if we just let go of old conventions,” commented Ben Olswang, Mackie Senior Product Manager. “By ensuring that each and every feature can be controlled wirelessly without compromise, we are delivering benefits to users that were simply not possible before now.”
The Mackie DL32R features a mix of flexible, professional I/O in an ultra-compact 3U rackmount design. Each of the 32 inputs (24 XLR, 8 XLR/TRS combo) feature Mackie’s all-new Onyx+™ recallable mic preamps, with remote control over preamp gain and phantom power. The new Onyx+ preamps outperform the industry-proven Onyx design, which has garnered rave reviews for its boutique-quality sound and performance.
The DL32R 32-channel wireless digital mixer with iPad control will be available worldwide in Q4, 2014, priced at a MSRP of $2499.99 USD.
More information: Mackie / DL32R
Arturia has announced the availability of its MicroBrute SE, a limited edition analog synthesizer instrument.
MicroBrute SE synthesizer is a limited edition of a pure analog sonic powerhouse . Small in size but loaded with features.
Packed with mixable waveforms, a new sub oscillator design, the famous Steiner-Parker multimode filter, super fast envelope, syncable LFO and the new step sequencer, not to mention the patchable mod matrix the MicroBrute SE is a landmark new synth at an incredible price.
This special edition is produced in limited quantity, 1500 units for each color, so make sure you don’t miss out!!
MicroBrute SE features
- Monophonic synthesizer.
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path.
- Steiner-Parker 2 pole Multimode Filter (Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass).
- Analog Voltage Controlled Oscillator.
- Oscillator Mixer (Overtone, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, audio in (on rear panel)).
- ‘Overtone’ sub oscillator/5th generator.
- Signal Enhancers: Pulse Width Modulation, Ultrasaw generating fat sawtooth waveforms, Metalizer bringing extreme harmonics.
- Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics.
- LFO with 3 waveforms (Sine, Sawtooth, Square).
- LFO clock syncable to Arpeggiator (Arpeg, or free)..
- ADSR Envelope Generator.
- Keyboard Tracking on the VCF Cutoff.
- 25 note minikey keyboard.
- Mod Wheel (assignable to Cutoff, or LFO amount).
- Pitch Wheel (with selectable bend range via software).
- Octave selector from -2 to +2 octaves.
- External Analog Audio Input.
- CV In jacks: Pitch, Filter, sub-harmonics, pulse width, metalizer, saw animator.
- CV Out jacks: pitch, envelope, LFO.
- MIDI Inwith 5 pin DIN connector.
- USB MIDI In/Out.
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/8” Headphone Output.
- Full Function step sequencer: 8 memories, up to 64 steps per memory, tap tempo, rate control, step divisions (via software), trigger modes (via software).
- MIDI Sync.
- Steel bottom panel.
- 12V DC 1A power supply.
The MicroBrute SE is available for purchase for 329 EUR / $329 USD.
More information: Arturia / MicroBrute SE
TASCAM has announced the US-16×08, a 16-in/8-out USB audio/MIDI interface with advanced features to manage big sessions.
Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest specifications in their class while delivering up to 56dB of gain. An additional eight line inputs are provided, two of them switchable to instrument level for direct guitar or bass recording. Eight balanced line outputs are also available, two with a level control on the front panel for monitoring.
Built into the US-16×08 is a DSP Mixer for low-latency digital mixing. Each channel has four-band EQ and compression for polished-sounding monitor mixes. In addition to interface mode, the US-16×08 can be used as a standalone mic preamp. Mac and Windows drivers are provided, as well as USB Audio Compliance 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility. MIDI input and output are also available on the rear panel.
The solid, metal case was designed by designbox studio in Germany, and includes a pair of removable “bio-cell” side panels. In addition to their striking design, the side panels angle the interface towards you on a desktop. This angle makes the switches and knobs easier to read without twisting your head around. Rack ears are also included with the US-16×08.
Whether using the ergonomically-designed angled desktop stand or mounting with the included rack ears, the US-16×08 includes enough I/O for almost any music recording application.
- Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps with 56dB of gain.
- 16-in/8-out interface with up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
- Eight 1/4” balanced line inputs, two switchable to instrument level.
- DSP Mixer for Low-latency monitoring with EQ and compression.
- High-quality audio components for 125dBu EIN and 105dB S/N ratio.
- USB Audio Compliant 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility.
- Independent line out and headphone level controls.
- MIDI Input and Output.
- Metal body with angled design for better desktop visibility.
- Rackmount adapter included.
The US-16×08 is scheduled for release in November 2014, priced at $299.99 (street price).
More information: TASCAM / US-16×08
More posts that match this tag
XTZ has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the brand new wireless Headphone Divine, the world’s first high-end DSP wireless headphone with Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC pairing. Let’s face it: headphones have been on the market … read more
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality … read more
PreSonus has announced the Temblor T8, an active subwoofer monitor speaker. Designed for critical listening in the studio or at home, the PreSonus® Temblor® T8 active subwoofer complements any full-range monitoring system, making it ideal … read more
Universal Audio has announced worldwide availability of its new lineup of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP accelerators. UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and … read more
M-Audio announced the availability of its newly updated Oxygen Series MIDI keyboard controller line. The Oxygen series expand on playability and include a wide array of sounds with two virtual instruments for players, songwriters, and … read more
Apogee Electronics has announced its new Ensemble 30×34 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac. The all new Apogee Ensemble is the first Thunderbolt 2 audio interface to offer superior sound quality, the lowest latency performance … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the SSL Live.L300 console, a major expansion to its Live console range. Since the introduction of SSL’s first live console in 2013, the speed with which operators can achieve outstanding … read more
Simmons has announced the SD500, a 5-piece electronic drum kit. The SD500 marks new territory as the most affordable full-featured 5-piece electronic drum kit available anywhere for under $500. Loaded with a host of professional … read more
Alto Professional has introduced the TX series, a new line of two-way, active loudspeakers. Engineered from the ground up to be simple and powerful solutions for musicians and performers, the TX series incorporates core technologies … read more
Mackie has announced the launch of its new Mix Series of compact mixers. Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. Designed to maintain great sounding audio from any source, the new … read more
Solid State Logic has announced the XL-Desk, a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. XL-Desk is designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require the sonic and workflow benefits of an analogue console … read more
Native Instruments has announced the release of the Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards, and the latest generation of Komplete and Komplete Ultimate software bundles. The S-Series keyboards and accompanying KOMPLETE KONTROL software unite all KOMPLETE Instruments … read more
Outbound link: Native Instruments
– Related: controller
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2014 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping iRig Pads, a MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows and Mac. Introducing iRig Pads, a full-featured ultra-portable 16-pad MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad … read more
Universal Audio has announced its new line of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators, shipping early October. UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and … read more
Native Instruments has announced Traktor Kontrol S8, its new flagship all-in-one DJ controller. Shot on location in Ibiza, a new video features high profile artists offering their first impressions of TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 and serves … read more