Intermorphic has released version 2.5.22 of the Noatikl generative music lab for Windows, Mac & iOS.
Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan – now with SoundFont (SF2) support!* Noatikl’s got the power, features and breadth of control that you need.
Changes in Noatikl v2.5.22
- Noatikl Desktop and Desktop Audio Plugins:
- New: Added Soundfont SF2 support (mono only – stereo channel data is ignored for now), accessed/selected via Wavetable Sound Unit.
- New: Includes 6 all new high quality SF2 files (Drums Acoustic, Piano Upright, Piano Electric, Guitar 12-String, Synths, E-Perc).
- Added: “Send all CC events” checkbox in Preferences; uncheck to send only Bank Select, Micro Controllers and User Envelopes.
- Added: Crash reporting, so we can be much more responsive for finding and fixing any crashes.
- Fixed: Missing tempo envelope support.
- Fixed: Crash on start if you had a mono audio input device selected as default in Audio MIDI Setup on Mac…
- Fixed: Behaviour of “Auto Restart?” parameter.
- Fixed: Listening voice behaviour.
- Improved: Much easier to use wavetables in Noatikl via the Wavetable unit (the DLS and Samples dialogs are now deprecated).
- Improved: Files are now saved and opened by default from Music/Intermorphic/… so they are much more easily shared with Mixtikl, and with Noatikl and Mixtikl for iOS.
- Improved: Tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Improved: “Getting started” information is now shown when you have no documents open.
- Improved: Renamed “Use Patch?” voice parameter to “Send MIDI Bank/Patch?”.
- Improved: Most pop-up panels (e.g. MIDI cooker) can now be resized.
- Removed: Timer Accuracy (ms) from Noatikl preferences (deprecated).
- Noatikl iOS:
- Fixed Tempo envelope operation.
- Improved tempo changing; now much smoother.
- Bug fixes.
Noatikl desktop and audio plugins are available for purchase for $49.99 USD each. The iOS version is free to download from the iTunes App Store ($9.99 USD in-app purchase required to unlock some features).
More information: Intermorphic / Noatikl
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Jun 19, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique is offering discounts on the Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat generator instruments, as part of its Partner Focus on WaveDNA.
Liquid Rhythm is an innovative beat generator that enables users to access the building blocks of ten quadrillion rhythmic patterns, import pre-existing MIDI tracks created using their DAW of choice, and mine Liquid Rhythm’s library of loops and kits to quickly create inspiring rhythm tracks.
- Develop musical ideas by instantly inserting and swapping bar-long rhythm patterns.
- Create beats fast by painting groups of notes directly onto the arranger.
- Humanize the velocity and groove of multiple notes simultaneously based on their underlying color-patterns.
- Generate musically-informed rhythm patterns from a customizable palette.
- Create tom fills and multi-instrument percussion patterns.
- Integrate Liquid Rhythm into your workflow as VST, AU or RTAS plugin.
Liquid Rhythm is available from Plugin Boutique at a 20% discount, Liquid Rhythm Intro is 35% off. The sale ends June 30th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / WaveDNA Liquid Rhythm
Prodyon has launched Liftor, a sweep, noise, up/downlift and transition generator instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
LIFTOR has been designed for producers seeking an endless array of up and downlifters for EDM (electronic dance music).
Everything is generated in realtime. It comes with lots of modulation possibilities, 50 source WAV shapes and onboard effects. Made for Native Instruments Kontakt 4 and/or 5.
- Creates endless variations of up- and downlifter / transitions / pitch-sweeps.
- Switchable between rise and fall.
- Volume and pitch modifier with fade and rise-modes.
- Onboard dual filter.
- Reverb, flanger, distortion and lofi effects.
- Variable length, pitch starting-point.
- Additional white noise.
- Built-in limiter.
- 50 different source WAV shapes.
- Randomize button for creating another fresh “sweep” with one click.
- Stack it up within a multi for even bigger “lifters”.
Liftor is available for purchase for $5 USD. Requires Kontakt 4/5 full version.
More information: Prodyon / Liftor
Audiomodern has announced the release of Statique, a free glitch & cuts rhythm generator for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Statique is a sequencer based pattern generator which is best suited to give your music production a contemporary percussive fundament.
You can easily create groovy electronic patterns or add-on loops built out of bits, cuts, glitches and blips!
Statique is a free download at Audiomodern (email registration required).
More information: Audiomodern / Statique
New Sonic Arts has launched Granite Aura, a collection of 150 presets for the Granite granular texture generator for Windows and Mac.
Get ready for a journey of sonic inspiration and discovery. From the ethereal serenity of the outer heavens to haunting textures from the darkest depths, let yourself freefall, and Granite Aura will redefine your perception of contemporary atmospheric sound design.
Granite Aura is a collection of 150 expertly crafted presets for Granite, featuring over 120 unique sample recordings from field and studio, all meticulously prepared and tweaked by sound design experts Ameyah Audio. Boasting a huge variety of patches from sublime pads, through thunderous soundscapes to haunting alien-like voices, Granite Aura is the perfect sonic expansion for film composers, game designers and musicians looking for a creative edge.
All sounds come production-ready right out-of-the-box and will effortlessly weave into your compositions, yet with vast opportunities for further tweaking and realtime control, Granite Aura is a complete sonic toolbox right at your finger tips, brimming with inspiration and creative potential.
The sound pack is available to purchase for 29 EUR/$39 USD.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Granite Aura
Amazing Noises has launched Dark Synth, an additive synthesizer for Ableton Live and Max for Live.
Dark Synth is an highly innovative new Max for Live synthesizer that marries the vast possibilities of additive synthesis with a super-intuitive interface.
As a great starting point for immersive sound-shaping, Dark Synth will introduce you to new horizons in sound design.
Dark Synth features
- Define a waveform of up to 2048 partials (sine waves) for its main (additive) oscillator, using presets waveforms, spectral processing algorithms and freehand drawing.
- Add up to 128 copies of the Additive oscillator, and each copy (generator) can be detuned and phase-shifted with respect to the others. This creates a sort of chorus which is very natural and deep, because it is not realized with modulated delay lines, but using an actual “choir” of generators.
- Sub oscillator which can play classical band limited waveforms, and also noise tones.
Dark Synth is available to purchase for 49 EUR. Requires Live 9.0.1 or higher and Max for Live.
More information: Amazing Noises / Dark Synth
New Sonic Arts has updated its Granite granular texture generator for Windows and Mac to version 1.51.
Granite’s unique sound engine melds a state-of-the-art granular processor, an innovative modulation system and a range of grain-level FX, resulting in a degree of musicality not achieved before with granular synthesis.
Changes in Granite v1.5.1
- New waveform context menu entry for “Zoom Range” and “Zoom All”.
- New button in File Browser to send folder to Preset List.
- Fixed issues with “Save with Samples” and .sndpak presets.
- OSX/AudioUnit: Logic X plugin window rounded corners correctly supported.
- OSX: dragging some controls could cause flickering mouse cursor.
- Windows: File Browser was slow on some systems.
Granite for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone) is available to purchase for 70 EUR.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Granite