Wolfgang Palm has announced the release of PPG WaveGenerator for Mac OS X and Windows, a synthesizer instrument that was first released for iOS.
Now the same great synth takes advantage of the additional power found on desktop and laptop computers to allow users to use this as a in their favourite Mac and PC DAW as a 64 or 32 bit VSTi. AU is to planned to follow shortly.
The PPG WaveGenerator comes with a multitude of wavetables. The sound material contains the typical sounds from the original PPG wave models, as well as many new sounds generated by versatile analysis tools and also hand edited waves.
This plugin enables the user, to create his own wavetables in a playful way, and to hear the result immediately. Also you can construct the waves by adding harmonics very precise.
PPG WaveGenerator features
- Creation of your own waves and wavetables.
- Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics.
- 256 waves assembled within a wave grid.
- 3 Audio Oscillators.
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations.
- Classic 24 dB low pass filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, and panning.
- 4 LFOs.
- Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator.
- Delay/Reverb effect.
- Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- Directly accessible context help for each module.
- Transform pictures into a sound.
- Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
- PPG WaveGenerator comes with more than 300 sounds of all categories, created by our sound designer team.
- Transfer patches from the iPad app to the desktop app.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST) for 99 EUR. AU support is coming soon.
More information: Wolfgang Palm / PPG WaveGenerator
MusicDevelopments has released version 2.5 of RapidComposer, a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
After several months of continuous development and testing we are excited to announce this major update with the rewritten user manual and extra content for registered users (200+ reusable phrases). The update features the new Melody Generator.
Changes in RapidComposer v2.5
- New phrase generator specialized for making melodies: Melody Generator (not found in LE version).
- New rhythm generator: Bass Rhythm to create interesting rhythm patterns for bass.
- Custom phrases are saved in separate files. A phrase is written to file immediately when added to the browser.
- Directory can be specified to store custom phrases in (Settings/Directories tab).
- Chord palette reworked, bugs fixed, flats and sharps correctly displayed.
- Metronome added and redesigned UI in phrase editor.
- UI improvements on the MIDI Import panel.
- Composition templates supported, several templates provided.
- Note editing: ‘Move Notes To New Phrase’ in context pop-up menu.
- Add composition to history with comments (shortcut: K). It is easy to look up an earlier state.
- [VST] stability improvements (Reaper does not crash at exit).
- New keyboard shortcuts added for filling tracks with phrases and some shortcuts changed.
- Various fixes and improvements in the structure editor. Rearrange parts and lines by drag and drop.
- Snap/Grid: Bar option.
- New phrase transpose mode: Octave.
- Shortcuts ’1′ to ’9′ to start editing lines 1 to 9, Ctrl-’1′ to Ctrl-’9′ edits parts 1 to 9.
- Shortcut ‘Insert’ inserts one beat at the timeline position, Ctrl-’Insert inserts one bar.
- Shortcut ‘\’ splits selected phrases at the timeline position.
- Resizing the generator phrases (dragging the right edge) works again.
- Specifying manual rhythm works in the idea tool.
- Exported MIDI sometimes included the metronome track. This is fixed.
- The rhythm was not saved in the phrase browser for custom phrases that used “Manual Editing”.
- Scale preview fixed in the scale browser.
- Possible crash at MIDI import fixed (for corrupted MIDI files, or files containing unexpected data). MIDI import stability improved.
- New editing setting to reset transposition when phrase is added by doubleclicking.
- Small size soundfonts added.
- Chord progression preview will use the right scale for major and minor scale formulas (in progression browser and progression editor).
- Dozens of other smaller improvements and fixes.
RapidComposer is available at a 40% discount until December 31, 2013.
More information: MusicDevelopments
ElliottGarage has announced version 2.0 of the EGSY01 analog synthesizer app for iOS, featuring InterApp audio, CoreMIDI, Audiobus and much more.
With EGSY01 you can create sounds without any limit, from modern ones to vintage analog ones, working with arpeggiator, step sequencer and FM, addictive and subtractive synthesis.
The totally brand new audio engine generate your sound mixing 2 oscillators with 4 selectable waveforms, and you can watch the sound created on the oscilloscope screen.
You can set the sounds through the panels “Oscillators”, “ADSR/LFO”, “FM”, “FX” and “Settings”, and play with any master keyboard or MIDI controller (CORE MIDI), or creating a wireless MIDI network, or again sending the audio signal to other apps with InterApp audio or AUDIOBUS.
The keyboard is touch sensitive, and you can modulate the sound by sliding your finger up and down on the keys or moving the pitch modulation (assignable to various parameters of the synth from “Settings” panel).
Stereo delay and Arpeggiator steps time can be synchronize in the BPM tempo panel, to generate incredible rythmic figures.
Changes in EGSY01 v2.0
- Redesigned graphical user interface.
- Audio engine revised and improved in performance (even for older generation devices).
- InterApp audio (generator).
- MIDI In from other app and MIDI controllers.
- Panel with buffer size settings, voices polyphony and oscillosope.
- New presets.
- Panel BPM tempo, with tap tempo, tempo sync for Delay & Arpeggiator, and subdivisions (4/4, 6/8 and 8/8).
- Arpeggiator – 4 different types of arpeggiator, gate, selection arpeggio octaves.
- Step sequencer with selection from 4 to 16 steps and pitch values root, fifth, 1 octave, 1 octave fifth, 2 octave.
- Setting for keyboard and arpeggiator portamento.
- Stereo delay (can be synchronized with the arpeggiator).
- Loading last preset at restart.
The EGSY01 is available to purchase for $8.99 USD.
More information: ElliottGarage / EGSY01
SoundMorph has announced Wave Warper, a standalone software for Windows and Mac for creating sound fx.
Wave Warper is a revolutionary new way to create your own amazing custom whooshes, passbys, morphed sounds, and sample mayhem.
It combines up to 6 sound file layers to create one new dynamic file using multiple real-time controllable effects and optional VST plugins.
Wave Warper features
- Load up to 6 sound files.
- Load up to 10 VST plugins within Wave Warper.
- Real-time user controlled XY pad allows you to ‘perform’ Wave Warper.
- Pitch, volume, panning, and filtering defined envelopes follow along in real-time.
- Randomizes your sound library folders to quickly generate new sounds.
- Sine, triangle and square LFOs.
- Wind and whistle generators.
- 2 compressors.
- 9 filter settings that follow along in real-time.
- Volume fluctuation on each file for creating dynamic sounds per layer.
- Leap Motion control option. Leap Motion sold separately here.
- Compatible with Mac and PC (32 bit and 64 bit).
Wave Warper is available to pre-order for $55 USD until November 4th, 2013 (regular $69 USD).
More information: SoundMorph / Wave Warper
EverythingTurns has released PurPLe, a “Radiophonic Modular Analog Synthesiser – Sci-Fi Effect Generator” for Native Instruments Reaktor.
PurPLe takes its inspiration from the early days of synthesis and is dedicated to the pioneers of the sound effects departments that terrorised the audiences of the science fiction silver screen.
PurPLe’s sound is generated by free running multi-wave oscillators, each delivering a diverse waveform that can twist and warp almost as if it’s alive.
The key to this sonic arsenal is the Modulation Matrix Patch Bay, allowing the component parts of the synth to interact with each other. The Matrix opens up endless possibilities of frequency modulation and interaction by tapping into, chaining and merging the signal path. The more you explore the more possibilities you will discover.
PurPLE for Reaktor is available to purchase for £14 GBP. Requires Reaktor full version 5.8+.
More information: EverythingTurns / PurPLe