ThaLoops has announced the release of Electric Guitar, a multi-sample instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
ThaLoops team have sampled a legendary Gibson ES-335 guitar by chaining it right through the Marshall JVM 410H Valve AMP and Marshall 1960A 4×12 Guitar Cabinet.
Five velocity layers per note for the clean pick sound preset, three velocity layers per note for a solo drive preset, clean chug sound and amplified drive power chords are included in the sound-set. “Solo switch” button is available to play in polyphonic or solo monophonic mode.
The instrument library is available for purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: ThaLoops / Electric Guitar
Impact Soundworks has launched Shreddage Classic, a total conversion of the original Shreddage 1 Complete library (Shreddage 1 + Shreddage X) to the new Shreddage 2X engine.
We’ve ported all of the original audio from that library and made it more flexible and better than ever.
Now you can use awesome S2 engine features like Kontakt Player compatibility, custom articulation mapping, keyswitching, full FX rack, drop G tuning, quad-tracking and much more.
Shreddage Classic features
- Deep sampled Gibson SG Standard – a very aggressive sound perfect for rhythm playing.
- Single note & powerchord sustains and palm mutes of different levels.
- Tremolo and vibrato samples.
- Wide pinch squeals AND harmonics.
- True portamento slides for single notes + powerchords.
- Scripted hammer-on/pull-off.
- Up to 8x RR (4x up 4x down) per note.
- ~3 octave range for single notes, 2 octave for powerchords.
- All UI features from Shreddage 2X (minus fretboard, as S1 did not utilize multiple string samples per note).
The expansion is available for purchase for $39 USD. Owners of the original Shreddage 1 Complete can upgrade for $25 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Shreddage Classic
Acousticsamples has released Sunbird, a virtual instrument library based on a 1962 Gibson Humming acoustic guitar.
We recorded it with a pair of DPA microphones to get a detailed stereo perspective, with a U87 to capture the Bass and a precise mono perspective and using a contact pickup in case you want to put the library through an amp simulation plugin.
We sampled it very deeply, all frets of all strings with upstrokes, downstrokes, round robins, releases, staccatos, mutes, palm mutes, hand blocks, slides, hammer ons, pull offs, retriggers, fretnoises, percussions other articulations. All of these details allow us to reproduce the real playing of a guitar player, and easily.
There are basically 4 modes (that you can choose using keyswitches, G5 to C6), the solo mode that allows to play melodies, the chord mode that helps playing strums or picking very easily, the patterns mode that does all of the strumming or picking for you and the MIDI mode that allows you to use your preffered midi guitar controler.
- 8.16Gb uncompressed, 1.53Gb compressed in lossless flac format, around 13300 samples.
- Strumming engine (features chord recognition and a smart strumming technique to produce guitar-like chords) and complete control of all its parameters.
- 67 realistic patterns for easy strumming, picking and advanced playing styles.
- Integrated song builder to create songs within minutes and very easily
- Integrated pattern builder to automatically strum your chords
- Legato script to play natural hammer ons, pull offs and slides.
- Natural hand placement simulation.
- 39 different samples per fret and all 21 fret sampled for each string.
- Multi velocity Hammer on, pull off, slides up, slides down, mutes, ghost notes, pre notes.
- Included sparkVerb©.
- Control over the two microphones perspectives and pickup volumes.
- Advanced bend control.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
- and more…
Sunbird for UVI Workstation 2 and MachFive 3 is available for purchase for 119 EUR.
More information: Acousticsamples / Sunbird
Cakewalk has announced the release of Gibson EB 5-String Bass, a new expansion pack for the Dimension Pro virtual instrument for Windows and Mac.
This one-of-a-kind expansion pack provides eight accurate bass instruments, painstakingly sampled in 24-bit resolution by Craig Anderton from a pristine example of Gibson’s EB 5-String Bass.
Thanks to Gibson’s unique Tuned Coil Tap pickup technology, the EB 5-String provides eight distinct sounds that form the basis of a group of eight “Pure” sampled instruments. Each note for each sound was sampled individually, allowed to sustain (no looping), then trimmed judiciously for the optimum tradeoff between sustain and reasonable instrument size. All instruments also include ten slides and one FX sound, while the mod wheel emulates pulling back the EB’s tone control. Eight additional “Growl” programs add a gritty overdrive to the eight pure sounds, for a total of 16 programs.
Cakewalk Marketing Director, Andrew Rossa, states, “the Gibson EB 5-String Bass Expansion Pack showcases the musicality, realism, and technical excellence you’d expect from Craig Anderton—and then some, given the EB’s exceptional sound quality. These sounds are a ‘must-have’ for any Dimension Pro owner who wants to incorporate the finest electric bass sounds possible into their productions.”
The Gibson EB 5-String Bass Expansion Pack costs $39.95 USD. Until February 28th, 2014, it is available for an introductory price of $19.95 USD as part of Cakewalk’s “Bass Month”.
More information: Cakewalk / Gibson EB 5-String Bass Expansion
The Drum Broker has introduced !llmind x SoundAssociation BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs, a new sample pack by Illmind and SoundAssociation.
“The electric guitar is undoubtedly one of the greatest instruments of our generation. Its textures and capabilities are near endless. From classic rock, to soul and funk, pop, disco, hip-hop, country and everything in between, this instrument often plays front and center.
Nowadays, there are hundreds of VSTs and software patches available (some of which are really amazing) that emulate the electric guitar. Still, none of them compare to the feel and complexity of the real thing. For this very reason, I’ve partnered with my good friends & amazing musicians, SoundAssociation, to create a well-rounded, unique set of electric guitar riffs.
Everything from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to funky, light-hearted grooves at 100 bpm, we’ve created a set that draws from all of our influences. For most music producers who don’t play the guitar, it’s difficult to create human textures that no software plug-in can manipulate or duplicate. Our focus was to approach these riffs in the most “human-like” way. They are perfect to use as starting points or later additions to your productions, and are sure to spark a multitude of ideas.” – !llmind
Electric Guitar Liqs features
- 80 audio files containing 24 complete guitar riffs in 24-bit/44 Stereo WAV format.
- All 24 guitar riffs were played on a 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1999 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Vintage Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb, Hiwatt Custom 100, Orange OR100, Lineage: Shure SM 57 -> Neve 1073 -> RME Fireface UFX)
- Guitar riffs vary, from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to light-hearted 100 bpm funky textures & tons more!
- Guitar riffs include BPMs + DRY and WET versions for maximum use, easy looping & creative flow! The possibilities are endless.
- Compatible with all standard DAWs & samplers that use .WAV formatting.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- Carefully mastered “under-zero”. NO nasty “digital-clipping” & plenty of headroom.
- ALL SOUNDS are completely royalty-free!
- Includes BONUS material (Maj7 Arps up + down entire scale & cool slide effects!)
- Credits: !llmind, Josh Churgin (Producer), Mitch Conwell (Producer), Atlas Gonzalez (Producer), Jared Scot (Composer, Producer), Craig Weinberg (Composer, Producer, Engineer).
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs
More posts that match this tag
VST Buzz is offering a 50% discount on the Sampleholics Guitars sample library for Stylus RMX. Sampleholics Guitars is an electric and acoustic guitar sample library (not loops) for Stylus RMX. The guitars sampled were … read more
Outbound link: VST Buzz
– Related: discounts
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Ueberschall has announced the release of Shred Guitar, a new Instrument Series sound library for the Elastik Player. It contains Shred Guitar Loops from Genres like Rock & Metal. Shred Guitars shines with its expertly … read more
Outbound link: Ueberschall
/ Shred Guitar
– Related: AU
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 26, 2013 - 0 comments
Gibson Brands has entered into a letter of intent with Roland Corporation and Cakewalk, Inc. for Gibson to acquire Cakewalk pursuant to definitive acquisition agreements to be negotiated by the parties. According to Gibson Brands … read more
Samplephonics has released Jazz Guitar Sessions, a sample library featuring a collection of guitar loops by Andy Baker. For his first sample pack he has cooked up a truly delicious collection Jazz guitar loops, garnished … read more
Frontline Producer has introduced Studio Acoustics – Guitar Riffs N’ Rhythms, a selection of acoustic guitar loops and patches. This time we took a selection of beautifully crafted guitars from Patrick James Eggle and Gibson, … read more
Prime Loops has released Studio Guitars, a 689 MB collection of ballad hooks, steady riffs and upbeat jams. The guitar is an instrument capable of truly heavenly tones but capturing this sound in a recording … read more
Backbeat Books has announced it has published The Epiphone Guitar Book, the inside story of one of the world’s leading guitar makers by Walter Carter. The epic story of Epiphone, one of the world’s oldest … read more
Ample Sound has updated its Ample Guitar series of virtual guitar instruments for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.0. Changes in Ample Guitar v1.2.0 Slide Smoother: Enable the users to make different slide sounds via … read more
Samplephonics has announced Funk and Soul Guitar, a collection of timeless guitar loops and samples influenced by some of the true greats including Jimmy Nolan Ray Parker Jr, Wah Wah Watson, Nile Rodgers, Roland Bautista, … read more
Yuvi Gerstein has released Jazzy quirky guitars, a free collection of guitar samples. A new guitar sample pack teaser made by Yuvi Gerstein, released today. The pack includes Jazzy, funky and arpeggio guitar samples in … read more
Outbound link: Yuvi Gerstein
– Related: Fender
, Pro Tools
, samples and sound libraries
, TC Electronic
, Yuvi Gerstein
Posted in news
on Jul 11, 2012 - 1 comment
Ample Sound has released the Ample Guitar Series, a collection of three guitar sound libraries. Ample Guitar is a sample-based virtual instrument with high quality samples and intelligent technology. In order to get high quality … read more
Splurgo Audio has announced two new hard rock guitar loops sample packs. Splurgo Audio announces the release of two new sample packs in odd timings: Hard Rock Ballad Guitars (6/8) and Progressive Rock Guitar Loops … read more
Cakewalk and OurStage.com, along with new sponsors Orange Amplifier, Gibson Guitars, and Blue Microphones, have come together to launch with Intel Corporation another exciting competition for emerging artists. The “Intel Superstars 2011 Competition” invites musicians … read more
Backbeat Books, publisher of books for performers and fans who are passionate about music, has published Flying V, Explorer, Firebird. In this new book, venerable music author Tony Bacon shows how a trio of radical … read more
Reusenoise has released a sample pack featuring a collection of power chords played on a Gibson Les Paul. Power chords multisampled played on a 1996 Gibson LP Studio with a Seymor Duncan bridge pickup. The … read more