Soundlib has released version 2.0 its G-Player native Giga file player for Mac OS X and Windows.
No conversion required. G-Player is a native Gigastudio file player designed to play the large banks that require disk streaming. G-Player allows you to quickly modify some program parameters (ADSR, VCA, VCF…) without having to edit and save the giga file.
Changes in G-Player v2.0
- The standalone version has 8 MIDI ports and is therefore able to support up to 96 MIDI channels.
- A 16 track audio mixer with built-in Compressor, EQ and support for 2 external effect plug-ins. All parts are now routed to the audio mixer.
- A new G-Sound utility that scan your hard drives and build a database of all your Giga files.
- The stack icon in the toolbar has been replaced by individual stack buttons for each part.
- The VCA and VCF can be adjusted for each part in a stack.
- The part order in a stack can be modified by simply dragging one part up or down.
- The built-in keyboard displays the notes played on an external keyboard or MIDI track.
- Each part has a new pitch transpose control.
G-Player for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) costs $149 USD.
More information: Soundlib / G-Player
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 17, 2011
SampleTekk has launched its annual Winter Sale, offering 50% off all SampleTekk sample libraries for Kontakt, EXS24, HALion, and GigaStudio for a limited time.
SampleTekk produces the most technical advanced sampled instruments.
Our sampled pianos are developed using groundbreaking technology. The White and Black Grand series has no less then 16 velocity splits and the TBO family has 31. This is totally unmatched and gives our pianos the dynamic response that is required for natural playing.
More information: SampleTekk
Roqstar Entertainment has announced the release of 5-String Bass and 73 Stage Piano Collection, two sample libraries by Realsamples.
The realsamples ’5-String Bass Collection’ offers a 5-string bass guitar for your sampler. The lush, full deep sound of a G&L™ bass is captured with its dynamics with 32 velocity layers of each note.
5-String Bass Collection features
- Every one of the five strings have been sampled separately with 32 velocity layers, along with ghost notes of each string.
- Recorded in 96 KHz and 24 bits resolution, the signal was downsampled to 44.1 KHz/24 bits (16 bits in the Giga® version).
- No mastering process has been applied to the samples, hence you don’t get an overprocessed sound, just the great, deep, lush and full sound of a 5-string bass.
- Includes ready-to-play presets for Halion®, Kontakt®, EXS24® or GigaStudio®.
- “Light” versions of the presets are included as well.
The realsamples 73 Stage Piano Collection brings the holy grail of electric pianos to your studio: A vintage Fender™ Rhodes® piano, sampled with 16 velocity layers per note.
To get the most natural sound, the piano was recorded directly from the pickup through the preamp section of a Mindprint™ DTC high-end preamp while bypassing any equalization. Recorded in 96 KHz and 24-Bit resolution, the signal was downsampled to 44.1 kHz. The set contains ready-to-play presets for Halion®, Kontakt® and EXS24®.
The 5-String Bass Collection and 73 Stage Piano Collection libraries are available to purchase for $49.95 USD each.
More information: Roqstar Entertainment
EdgeSounds has released DrumMashines, a drum machine sound sample library for GigaStudio and Kontakt.
The Drummashines sound sample library provides authentic sounds of more than 170 classical drum modules and synthesizers that were popular in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Recognizing the substantial importance of synthesizer drums in contemporary music production, EdgeSounds have been collecting and recording drum sounds for more than 12 years. This comprehensive collection features samples of synthesized, as well as PCM based modules of many well known and rather rare models and is applicable for a wide variety of styles.
Drummashines sound sample library features sounds of 173 different instruments recorded in 24 Bit 96 KHz quality linear samples totaling the 12.5 GB of sample data, which comprise the 483 General MIDI compatible drum kits, and is available for NI KONTAKT 2.2 or later, GIGA Studio 3 and compatible instruments.
DrumMashines is available for Kontakt 2.2 and above, and GigaStudio 3 and compatible instruments, priced at $184.95 USD.
More information: EdgeSounds / DrumMashines
Edge Sounds has released Studio Grand, a grand piano sample library.
For this project two Blüthner grand pianos were used: a Concert Grand and a Studio Grand built in Germany in mid 1950’s. Also included is a prepared piano, where metal plates were placed on each hammer.
EdgeSounds approached the creation of this library from the point of view of a performer and a sound engineer involved in a real record production.
Studio Grand features
- 795 24 Bit 96 KHz linear samples totaling the 4.3 GB of sample data.
- 3 performance programs.
- Available for NI Kontakt 2.2 and up, GIGA Studio 3 and compatible instruments.
The Studio Grand is available to purchase for $99.95 USD.
More information: Edge Sounds / Studio Grand
Related: Aftershock Promotions
, electric piano
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 23, 2010
Sampletekk has announced a Winter Sale, offering 50% discount on its entire collection of sample libraries for a limited time.
Merry Christmas, a bit in advance, from a VERY snowy and VERY cold Sweden!
Between December 22 and January 21 we are having our annual Winter Sale where you get a 50% discount on everything in the store. So check out the pianos, wurlitzers, Rhodes, recorders, brass and other goodies at Sampletekk.
More information: Sampletekk