Sample Modeling has announced the release of Trombone 3, a virtual trombone instrument created by Peter Siedlaczek and Giorgio Tommasini.
The Trombone 3 further expands Samplemodeling™ technologies. Multi-microphone anechoic recording allows to capture the original timbre of the instrument, along with its radiation pattern. Our proprietary “Harmonic Alignment” yields continuous transitions across virtually infinite dynamics. Specially devised “early reflections” impulse responses add proper virtual space to the anechoic sound.
The programming moves further away from conventional libraries, by exploiting physically-oriented modulation of the recorded sound. The result is a playable, very expressive virtual instrument retaining the rich, full sound of a real trombone.
Trombone 3 features
- New Early Reflections algorithm.
- Virtual Soundstage, including distance control.
- Real time Timbral Shaping.
- Expression Mapping.
- Breathy Attacks.
- “For Unison Ensemble” Impulse Response.
- Unison Ensemble Multi.
Trombone 3 (includes three Tenor, one Valve and one Bass Trombone) is available to purchase for 159 EUR. Trombone 1 owners can purchase the new Trombone 3 for 30 EUR.
In addition, all customers who bought the Trombone 1, whether alone or in a bundle, after June 30th 2013, are entitled to purchase the Trombone 3 for only 20 EUR. Prices excl. VAT.
More information: Samplemodeling / Trombone 3
, Emanuele Parravicini
, Giorgio Tommasini
, instrument plugins
, Peter Siedlaczek
, Sample Modeling
, Stefano Lucato
Posted in news
on Oct 15, 2013 - 0 comments
Samplemodeling has announced the release of Oboe & English Horn, a SWAM engine powered virtual instrument created by Stefano Lucato and Emanuele Parravicini, in collaboration with Giorgio Tommasini & Peter Siedlaczek.
Oboe & English Horn utilizes Samplemodeling’s proprietary SWAM engine (Synchronous Wavelength Acoustic Modeling) developed by Stefano Lucato & Emanuele Parravicini.
Oboe & English Horn use samples as base material, chromatically performed by a professional player over a very wide dynamic range, and recorded with state-of-the-art technology. The resulting timbre is therefore that of the real instrument. But the analogy with a sample based library ends here. The underlying, proprietary technology allows continuous interpolation among different vectors like time, dynamics, pitch and formants. Advanced real time processing techniques yield realistic legato, vibrato, squeak, overblow, ornamentations & trills, pitchbends, subharmonics, growl and flutter tongue to be performed in real time.
The instrument is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 149 EUR plus VAT. Samplemodeling customers are entitled to a 10% discount until November 30th, 2013.
More information: Samplemodeling / Oboe & English Horn
Sample Modeling has released version 1.02 of Mr. Sax T., and version 2.01a of The Trumpet, two virtual instruments powered by Kontakt Player 2.
Changes in Mr. Sax T v1.02
- Symmetrical (“keyboard-like”) and asymmetrical (“natural”) PitchBend behaviour.
- Improved “bite”-vibrato for EWI wind controllers.
- Transpose window (MIDI transpose function, not accessible via the Kontakt Tune or Transpose controls).
- Instrument range extended to D#5 (sounding).
- Optimized DynPitch default response.
- DynPitch controlled by CC8.
- All_Note_Off button (if “on”, produces all note off on CC120-121-123).
- Improved legato/portamento behaviour, especially on larger legato intervals.
- New Portamento Time mode (3 modes: Velocity, CC5, CC5 inv, for various wind controllers).
Changes in The Trumpet v2.01a
- The progressive increase of the CPU load is no longer present.
- Legato now optimally works with all Wind Controllers.
Visit Sample Modeling for more information, video trailers and some audio demos.
Sample Modeling has released version 2.01 of The Trumpet, a Kontakt Player 2 Virtual Instrument.
Since the release of v. 1.01 of The Trumpet, we got extensive feedback from our customers, which proved to be extremely useful to further improve the instrument.
Most requests concerned optimisation for windcontrollers, extended remapping of midi controllers, midi loading of mutes, and additional keyswitch-controlled articulations like doits.
We are happy to announce that all these requests have been fulfilled in version 2.01.
Changes in The Trumpet v2.01
- Virtually any windcontroller can now be used to play The Trumpet with excellent results.
- Complete bidirectional GUI mapping of all controllers.
- More flexible approach to portamento time control.
- CC-controlled dynamics-to-pitch response.
- Entirely new Breathcontroller mode, yielding a more real trumpet-like behaviour.
Check this “What’s new” .pdf for detailed information on this update.
Visit Sample Modeling for more information.
Sample Modeling has released The Trumpet, a Kontakt Player 2 Virtual Instrument.
The Trumpet is the result of a many-year research carried out by Giorgio Tommasini and Peter Siedlaczek, who also performed all the recordings.
Sample Modeling – The Trumpet
The Trumpet features
- The Trumpet includes several instruments belonging to the same family, namely three Bb trumpets (each slightly different, so that they can be played as a section in unison), German Trumpet, Cornet, Flügelhorn and Piccolo Trumpet. Five different mutes (Bucket, Cup, Harmon, Harmon + stem, and Straight) can be applied to the Bb trumpets.
- 237 MB of samples, chromatically performed by a professional trumpet player over a very wide dynamic range, in an anechoic environment, and recorded with state-of-the-art technology. All samples are 24 bit, are unlooped, and have a minimal duration of 10 sec.
- The Virtual Trumpet engine is structured according to an adaptive model, based on the performance “fingerprints” of the real trumpet.
Dynamic interpolation is carried out at 32 bit, using a development of the proprietary “harmonic alignment” technology, successfully employed for the Stradivari Violin and the Gofriller Cello.
- Proprietary modal resonance IRs, innovative techniques for sample modulation, and advanced AI midi processing are used for real time construction of all articulations and morphing across dynamics, vibrato, legato, portamento, trills, vibrato-like endings, shakes and so forth.
- Velocity remapping – Automatic detection of any velocity inhomogeneities or non-linearity emitted by the keyboard, and provides automatic remapping to any desired curve. Remapping of some midi controllers is also provided.
- GUI Knobs – All the controllers needed for proper functioning of the instrument are mapped to virtual knobs in a GUI panel, which can be activated by a drop down menu.
- Performance Keyswitches – Allowing to create real time articulations which are too difficult to perform with the usual interplay of expression pedal, pitchbend and modwheel. Sforzato, crescendo, sforzato-crescendo, on-the-fly modulation and different types of release, can be obtained by a simple touch on one of the keyswitches.
- Automated split portamento – A real trumpet may play different types of legato/portamento, with or without valves. The sound is different, since a different harmonic resonance is excited. This is nicely reproduced by The Trumpet’s adaptive model.
Sample Modeling The Trumpet retails for 149 EUR + VAT.
Visit Sample Modeling for more information and audio demos.