, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Versilian Studios
Posted in news
on Apr 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Versilian Studios has announced the release of Timpani, VS Upright No. 1 and VS Chamber Orchestra, three new virtual instruments.
Kontakt version of Versilian Studio’s Timpani virtual instrument.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- Timpani: Extensively sampled Timpani (Wholetone sampling; 4-6x RR, 5 Velocity Layers, stereo). Available for Kontakt and also as a VSTi/AU. Price $15 USD.
- VS Upright No. 1: Medium-sized sampled upright piano ideal for sketches (3 velocity layers, 2x RR, sampled in tritones to reduce size). Available as a VSTi/AU. Free or donation.
- VS Chamber Orchestra: Very light selection of orchestral and wind ensemble instruments ideal for beginner composers (featuring concert flute, clarinet, bassoon, F horn, trumpet, tenor bone, bass bone, tubular bells, xylophone, glockenspiel, timpani, large percussion section, harp, piano, solo violin, and violin section, all using accurate ranges). Free or donation.
Versilian Studios has also ported a number of its previously released products to the Kontakt format.
- Dan Tranh: Vietnamese pentatonic zither that uses metal strings.
- Tubular Bells: Suspended chimes used to emulate church bells in orchestral music.
- Glockenspiel: Deep-sampled chime-like mallet instrument.
- Handchimes: Strange cross between a hand-bell and a tuning fork.
More information: Versilian Studios
Fluffy Audio has released My KeyGlock, a keyboard glockenspiel instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
In the past Keyboard Glockenspiel has been used by many classical composers. It consists of a glockenspiel operated by a piano keyboard. It has a lovely tone and delicate sound but now it has been almost completely replaced by the celesta. FluffyAudio discovered an old keyboard glockenspiel in a dusty attic. They don’t know the exact date, due to the lack of labels and signatures, but it is probably over a century old.
FluffyAudio deeply sampled this instrument and created lots of sound design patches such as pads, soundscapes and hybrid instruments.
My KeyGlock features
- 520 MB of NCW compressed sample pool.
- 20 different nki patches.
- 744 samples.
- 6 velocity layers.
- 3x Round Robin.
- Powerful Arpeggiator section with Humanize and Swing controls.
- Effects Section.
- Equalizer, Reverb with custom IRs.
- Full Velocity control.
The sample library is available to purchase for $14.90 USD / 11 EUR. Requires the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.4 or above.
More information: Fluffy Audio / My KeyGlock
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time.
April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments.
So during march we are having a end sale where you get 50% discount on all PMI Libraries.
- PMI Accordian – Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of accordion samples ever sampled.
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Over 25 different anvils or other large metal objects, plus collection of small & huge church bells.
- PMI Baroque Organ – The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Carillion – The first sampled Carillon features an amazing 58 Bells! All bells have been sampled.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – The Hybrid Pianos allows you to build your own piano. Simply drag and drop the elements you want to add in your sampler and adjust each component to your personal taste.
- PMI Old Lady – This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano. Sampled with 10 recorded velocity layers with 10 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – A collection of Orchestral Instruments for GigaStudio. Orchestral perc instruments include Celesta, Glockenspiel, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibes.
- PMI Positif – A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Steinway D – A sampled Steinway model D3 piano with serial number 393210, which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The Bösendorfer 290 SE has a huge dynamic range, with very subtle pianissimo and thunderous fortissimi. 12 recorded velocity layers, with 12 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Theater Organ – All ranks were chromatically sampled, capturing the true nature and character of each pipe. Samples are 10 to 15 seconds long with perfect loops to enable playing of unlimited length of notes. The true release sound of the organ pipes was also recorded and is reproduced upon key-release.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014. The PMI libraries will be discontinued after the sale.
More information: SampleTekk
Wavesfactory has launched W-Glockenspiel, a virtual Yamaha orchestral glockenspiel instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
4 mallets, up to 12x RR and 4 velocity layers, custom GUI and custom script that gives you control over the mallets, the number of round robins, attack/release and mic position. Sampled chromatically, full sustains and glissandos. Round robin reset and damping keyswitches.
Recorded in a dry studio environment (no reverb). Perfect for orchestral mock-ups but also for indie, pop, corporate productions.
- Mono and Stereo NCW files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- Yamaha Orchestral Glockenspiel.
- 4 different mallets.
- Up to 12x RR and 4 velocity layers.
- Custom script, and custom GUI.
- Attack and release controls.
- Microphone position control.
- 2,5 GB uncompressed, 1GB download.
The sample library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR. Requires full version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or above (Kontakt Player not supported).
More information: Wavesfactory / W-Glockenspiel
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Frank Ricotti Glockenspiel and Frank Ricotti Crotales, two virtual instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Engineered by Toby Warren at Air-Edel Studios, a classic and infamous studio in central London used by an extraordinary mix of people from Nick Cave (Proposition) to Beyonce, to Tinie Tempah. Spitfire has recorded a pristinely maintained Glockenspiel deeply with a number of beaters, techniques and from a number of perspectives. With the recent folk renaissance, the glock has become one of the most popular tuned percussion instruments of recent times. These little beauties are not easy to record well, nor make truly convincing. Spitfire has a decade of experience making the best, most realistic virtual instruments on the market today. By engineering chaos into the selection of sounds and by using the finest ribbon and valve mics with incredible signal paths Spitfire has created the definitive article, so if your favoured Glock is sounding a little worn Spitfire is always a good bet!
Crotales are small bronze disks, almost thick cymbals arranged in a piano keyboard style layout to produce chromatic pitches. They are one of the brightest tuned percussion instruments and similar to a piccolo, will cut through even the biggest orchestral dirges. With the producer range however we like to introduce music makers of all persuasions to try instruments they may never have heard of. So alongside the bright and brash elements of this library you can also find moments of magical beauty. A great instrument that can create the feeling of a bright celeste coupled with a triangle but with none of the pre-conceived ideas of either of those instruments, ie Celeste = Harry Potter.
Again engineered by Toby Warren at Air-Edel Studios, a classic and pristinely maintained vintage studio in London’s west-end, Spitfire has recorded a pristinely maintained set of world-class Crotales sampled deeply with a number of beaters, techniques (including a bowed patch which is going to get tongues wagging!) and from a number of perspectives.
For the first two weeks, the Ricotti Glockenspiel and Crotales libraries are available to purchase for the introductory prices of £39 GBP and £31 GBP, repectively (regular £52 GBP and £42 GBP).
Both libraries require a full version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher.
More information: Spitfire Audio
Versilian Studios has released three new virtual instrument products: a chromatically-sampled Glockenspiel, a set of Hand-Chimes, and Miscellania II: Bells and Chimes, a mixed selection of metallic percussion.
Unlike most sampled glocks, you get to hear the full natural impact of the mallet and get a full range of dynamics.
New Versilian Studios instruments
- 4x Multi-Sampling; Chromatic.
- Three Velocity Layers.
- 2x Multi-Sampling; Chromatic.
- Unique sound- great replacement for celesta or glockenspiel.
- Miscellania II – Bells and Chimes:
- Follow-up to the “Miscellania I: Horror” plug-in.
- Contains six octaves (incl. accidentals) filled with metallic percussion.
Glockenspiel and Hand-Chimes are available to purchase for $10 USD and $5 USD respectively. Miscellania II is a free download. The instruments are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Versilian Studios
Cinematique Instruments has announced Poing!, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Poing? Just let two balls bouncing inside an enclosed area and let them play a sound each time they are contacting an obstacle! That exactly is Poing – It is musical Ping Pong. But also much more….
Poing! is a self generating musical tool which makes sounds by every touch of two balls with the border of an area in which the balls are bouncing or 3 bars inside this area. These bars can also move either automatically or controlled by the mod wheel. Poing! provides four different sound sources, which can be mixed with four seperate knobs. These are a Monochord, a Gentle Glockenspiel, a normal Sinus Sounds and the sound of a glass bowl.
In order to shape the sound of Poing there are available a lot of options: reverb, delay, phaser and a low pass resonance filter. But you can also set the pitch and the scale of the generated notes. There are available 10 different kinds of scales such as major-, minor, whole-tone, chromatic or mixed scales. Finally you can separatly start each ball and adjust the speed of them. Because of its advanced
scripting Poing! is like the 80ies video game – just musically fun.
Beside using Poing! as a self generating tool you are also free to play Poing! manually with your keyboard.
The Poing! library for Kontakt is available to for 16 EUR. Requires Kontakt 4 or higher full version.
More information: Cinematique Instruments / Poing!
AudioThing has announced Pong Glockenspiel, a sample-based instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Why use sticks when you can use ping pong balls?
Pong Glockenspiel is a VST/AU sample-based plugin made by recording a toy glockenspiel played with ping pong balls.
Two velocity layers (hard and soft) are cross faded to have a smooth transition while the 3 round robin (repetitions samples) avoid the “machine gun” effect of sampled instruments.
There are also included two ambient instruments, two synth pad instruments and two slowed down instruments crafted using the original samples.
Pong Glockenspiel for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 8 EUR.
More information: AudioThing / Pong Glockenspiel