Softrave has announced the release of its Glockenspiel virtual instrument based on samples of the glockenspiel steel percussion instrument.
It has 8 layers of velocity so you can feel some natural sound of Glockenspiel in your studio
Glockenspiel Vsti was created by Dr Tikov with samples made of real instrument
It was sampled from note G4 and 2 octaves up. With this VSTi you can create also Bell like type of sounds low notes that can be useful in some projects.
You can also add analog drift vibration to create vibrafone type of sound effect if necessary
The plugin costs 11 EUR / $15 USD.
More information: Softrave / Glockenspiel
Christian Schwenk of BIG UP! AZ has released a free sampled Xylophone instrument in Native Instruments Kontakt and Logic EXS24 formats.
This is the original sound of a quality Xylophone (Bells/Glockenspiel) ‘Studio 49 Royal Percussion’ instrument. This Xylophone was recorded at the music school of Havixbeck, Germany by Christian Schwenk.
There are three octaves of range from F0-F3. You can open this instrument in both samplers NI Kontakt(.nki file) or Logic’s Exs24(.exs file).
Download the free xylophone library here.
MA Simon has released Silver Glockenspiel, a traditional and bowed instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt developed in collaboration with Mihai Sorohan.
MA Simon Silver Glockenspiel for Kontakt
The Glockenspiel has been carefully sampled both with mallets and a violin bow. Within this library you will find Solo and Section Patches. The Instrument has been sampled cromatically from C3-C5. But i extended the playing range to G2-C5 for the Mallets and to G2-E5 for the Bowings. There are two velocity layers for the Mallet artikulation, which has been sampled without RR (There are however pitched 3RR on the Solo patches) and one velocity layer for the bowing artikulation, which has been sampled with 4RR. The volume of the Bowed Instruments is controlled with the modwheel.
There are looped and unlooped patches so you can either play the original recorded bowings ore the more smooth and looped ones for more fluid playing. I included some handy controls on the Kontakt interface for quick use of: Attack and Release for all Mallet Patches and Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain and Release for all the Bowed patches. I hope you will enjoy playing with it. Have fun!
Silver Glockenspiel requires Kontakt 4.2 or higher and is available to purchase from Samplism for £4.99 GBP.
More information: MA Simon Silver Glockenspiel
, Camel Audio
, field recording
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 13, 2011
Patchpool has announced the release of Alchemistry Metallurgy, a soundset for the Alchemy software synthesizer by Camel Audio.
The soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments.
The set contains 57 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.
All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound wam, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.
Alchemistry Metallurgy features
- 1.81 GB of original samples – source material:
- China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten – multisampled and Round Robin.
- Glockenspiel multisampled – 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples/386,7 MB).
- 2 microtonal handheld Bell Trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures.
- 2 Thai Gongs multisampled + 8x Round Robin, 4 velocity layers, +texures.
- Thai Ching Bells – 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers.
- Tam Tam 45 cm – beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed.
- Various multisampled metal objects:
- Caviar Cans, Metal Bowl, Coins, Dumbbell plate, Small Thunder Sheet, Metal Plate (dinner tray), Anvil.
- Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories.
- All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R – 48 Khz/24 Bit; U87 center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R, the industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics – Sennheiser MK 70
- 57 patches with 8 variations each.
- 1.82 GB total content (1.06 GB compressed).
Alchemistry Metallurgy is available to purchase for 25 EUR. Note: requires the full version of Alchemy (Alchemy Player not supported).
More information: Patchpool / Alchemistry Metallurgy
AudioThing has announced the release of Pong Glockenspiel, a sample library for Kontakt 3.5.
Why use sticks when you can use ping pong balls? Pong Glockenspiel is a Kontakt Instrument made by recording a toy glockenspiel played with ping pong balls.
Two velocity layers (hard and soft) are cross faded to have a smooth transition while the 3 round robin (repetitions samples) avoid the “machine gun” effect of sampled instruments.
Tweaking the controls in the custom performance view you can alter the instrument making many new sounds. There are also two ambient instruments and two synth pad instruments crafted using the original samples.
Pong Glockenspiel features
- 6 Kontakt Instruments (.nki).
- 3 Round Robin.
- 2 Velocity Layer (cross faded).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit.
- Size: 82 MB installed.
- Custom performance view.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5+ full retail versions is required.
Pong Glockenspiel is available to purchase for $5 USD.
More information: AudioThing / Pong Glockenspiel