, Camel Audio
, field recording
, patches and sound banks
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 13, 2011 - 2 comments
Patchpool has announced the release of Alchemistry Metallurgy, a soundset for the Alchemy software synthesizer by Camel Audio.
The soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments.
The set contains 57 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.
All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound wam, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.
Alchemistry Metallurgy features
- 1.81 GB of original samples – source material:
- China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten – multisampled and Round Robin.
- Glockenspiel multisampled – 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples/386,7 MB).
- 2 microtonal handheld Bell Trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures.
- 2 Thai Gongs multisampled + 8x Round Robin, 4 velocity layers, +texures.
- Thai Ching Bells – 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers.
- Tam Tam 45 cm – beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed.
- Various multisampled metal objects:
- Caviar Cans, Metal Bowl, Coins, Dumbbell plate, Small Thunder Sheet, Metal Plate (dinner tray), Anvil.
- Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories.
- All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R – 48 Khz/24 Bit; U87 center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R, the industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics – Sennheiser MK 70
- 57 patches with 8 variations each.
- 1.82 GB total content (1.06 GB compressed).
Alchemistry Metallurgy is available to purchase for 25 EUR. Note: requires the full version of Alchemy (Alchemy Player not supported).
More information: Patchpool / Alchemistry Metallurgy
AudioThing has announced the release of Pong Glockenspiel, a sample library for Kontakt 3.5.
Why use sticks when you can use ping pong balls? Pong Glockenspiel is a Kontakt Instrument made by recording a toy glockenspiel played with ping pong balls.
Two velocity layers (hard and soft) are cross faded to have a smooth transition while the 3 round robin (repetitions samples) avoid the “machine gun” effect of sampled instruments.
Tweaking the controls in the custom performance view you can alter the instrument making many new sounds. There are also two ambient instruments and two synth pad instruments crafted using the original samples.
Pong Glockenspiel features
- 6 Kontakt Instruments (.nki).
- 3 Round Robin.
- 2 Velocity Layer (cross faded).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit.
- Size: 82 MB installed.
- Custom performance view.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5+ full retail versions is required.
Pong Glockenspiel is available to purchase for $5 USD.
More information: AudioThing / Pong Glockenspiel
, Cinematique Instruments
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 21, 2011 - 0 comments
Cinematique Instruments has announced a number of limited time bundle offers in celebration of its 2nd anniversary.
Cinematique Instruments turns two! And in order to duly celebrate this anniversary we offer – for a limited period – 6 special INSTRUMENT PACKAGES which were specially compiled by friends of us.
Anniversary Bundle Deals
- 1/Pop – Eric van Gent, the founder and CEO of Cinematique Instruments, delivers a fine mix of instruments for writing pop songa, it includes 7 instruments: Drumboxes Rude Boy, Gecko Cheap Keys, Guitar Harmonics, Baritone Ukulele Muted, Geiger Counter, Chimes, Zeiter & Winkelmann
Bundle price is 82 EUR/ excl. VAT (instead of 137 EUR)
- 2/Spices – Guy Sigsworth, a U.K. based composer, producer and songwriter who worked with Seal, Björk, Goldie, Madonna, Britney Spears etc., arranged a small but spicy package with 4 instruments he uses: Bowed Guitars, German Monochord, Kantele, Alto Glockenspiel
Bundle price is 46 EUR/ excl. VAT (instead of 77 EUR)
- 3/Ambient – Jumpel, a german electronic minimal musicican and composer, created a bunch of instruments he loves to work with for creating minimal ambiences: Drumbox Electro Partner, Gecko Complex Environs, Bowed Psaltery/, Super Sound EK-470, Alto Glockenspiel, Cement, Geiger Counter, Downbeat Box
Bundle price is 99 EUR/ excl. VAT (instead of 164 EUR)
- 4/Score – Theodore Shapiro, best known for his film scores, particularly for “The Devil Wears Prada”, “Tropic Thunder”, “Dinner for Schmucks etc., offered up a package which is best suitable to write a nice score out of that: Double Bass Harmonica, Super Sound EK-470, Bowed Guitars, Celtic Nylon Harp, Downbeat Box, Experimental Box, Gecko Gltichy Rhythmer, Gecko Warm Pads
Bundle price is 105 EUR/ excl. VAT (instead of 175 EUR)
- 5/Special – Rene Dohmen, an award winning german filmmusic composer (“Selbstgespraeche”, “Tatort”etc.), set a special instrument package which is part of his default set-up: Autoharp, Guitar Harmonics, Percussion singles, Spieluhr & Glockenspie, Zeitter & Winkelman, Experimental Box V2
Bundle price is 69 EUR/ excl. VAT (instead of 116 EUR)
- 6/Strange – David Buckley, a British film score composer who is best known for working with composer Harry Gregson-Williams, including work on “From Paris with Love” arranges a list of CI instruments that he finds himself using a lot – a strange mixture: Downbeat Box, German Monochord, Gecko (All), Alto Glockenspiel
Bundle price is 149 EUR/ excl. VAT (instead of 288 EUR)
More information: Cinematique Instruments
Splurgo Audio has announced the release of Reggae Bass Loops and Glockenspiel, two new sample libraries.
New Splurgo sample packs
- Reggae Bass Loops – These Reggae bass loops are perfect to set the vibe for your upcoming reggae project. We have simple bass loops to support the off-beat (called the skank), but also groovy basslines, that give a little more body to your song. This pack contains 52 loops all recorded at 80 bpm in the keys of B, D and E. All files are available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
- Glockenspiel – The loops in this Glockenspiel sample pack are not really complex and are perfect for little melody lines or to backup your other melodies. This pack contains 32 loops all recorded at 90 bpm and keyed in ‘A’. All files are available in Acid Pro Wav and Apple Garageband AIFF.
Reggae Bass Loops is available to purchase for $ 6.95 USD, Glockenspiel is $4.95 USD.
More information: Splurgo Audio
, bass guitar
, Big Fish Audio
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Oct 04, 2010 - 0 comments
Big Fish Audio has announced Textured, a new series of sample libraries.
The Textured series is a compilation of sonic layers that embody emotional elements of realism and fantasy, fused to create tracks so full of life, you’ll be able to feel the soul of the music as it comes alive.
This series knows no musical boundaries and enhances all musical genres its placed with. So whether your needing a few rhythms and textures to add dimension to your existing tracks or want that one of a kind melodic hook that can jump start the creative juices, the Textured Series always has you covered.
Textured Series titles
- Modern Rock – Modern Rock Guitar and Bass Loops. This library allows you to harness the creative essence of the electric guitar and bass backed by the raw emotional power of roaring amplifiers, features 27 Kits packed full of the hottest electric guitar and electric bass loops.
- Quirky Guitars – Guitar melodies, rhythms, and textures. This extensive collection focuses on Melodies, Rhythms and Textures through the instruments of the acoustic guitar (hi-strung, de-tuned, natural) banjo, mandolin, vintage electric guitars, glockenspiel, bells, music boxes, old synths, organs and others secret ingredients that create a masterful feast fit for any creative genius.
- Pop n’ Soul Guitars – Urban Guitar Collection. Embrace an amplified soul with this exhaustive collection of R&B, Soul and Pop Guitar Loops, 25 Kits jammed full of the hottest electric, acoustic and nylon guitar loops available.
- Mariachi – Modern and Traditional Mariachi. This 3 GB (1.26 GB of 24-bit WAV files) collection of Mariachi Music is 100% live played. Every loop is hand-made and will add just the right amount of hot and spicy for that authentic vibe you tracks crave.
Modern Rock and Pop n’ Soul Guitars are available to purchase for $99.95 USD each. Quirky Guitars and Mariachi are $69.95 USD each.
More information: Big Fish Audio / Textured Series
Cinematique Instruments has released Alto Glockenspiel, a sample library for Kontakt.
The Alto Glockenspiel is a percussion instrument, composed of a set of tuned metal bars resting over a frame like a trough. Contrary to our “Small Metal Set 1″ which contains the Glockenspiel, this time we used the alto version of this legendary red model of Hohner™ with an one octave lower range, which sounds more soft and mellow. As a bonus you get two patches of a giant tuning fork with a size of 11″, made of solid material, which we found in a smithy.
We recorded the metal bars of the Alto Glockenspiel beaten with thin sticks and soft mallets, in 2 or 3 dynamic layers and three Round Robin variations, mapped in a range from C2 (C1) to F5. There are programmed scripts and fx to provide a lot of opportunities. The Huge Tuning Fork was beat with a 5kg hammer. Additionally we recorded along the surface with our special microphone movement to get different characters of the long lasting sustain.
Alto Glockenspiel features
- Alto Glockenspiel Gentle (soft and mellow, reminds of a celeste)
- Alto Glockenspiel Hard (hard sound, fx and script)
- Alto Glockenspiel Mallet (played with mallets, fx and script)
- Alto Glockenspiel (pure sound)
- Huge Tuning Fork Texture (long lasting texture, modwheel adds noise)
- Huge Tuning Fork (pure and deep)
Alto Glockenspiel for Kontakt 3 or higher is available to purchase for 16 EUR.
More information: Cinematique Instruments / Alto Glockenspiel
Modartt has released the Celeste add-on, an expansion for Pianoteq featuring two instruments: Celesta and Glockenspiel.
The celesta has an appearance of an acoustic upright piano. It consists of metal plates stroke by felt hammers resembling piano hammers and there is also a sustain pedal. The timbre is very soft and subtle. The Pianoteq virtual copy is modelled after a modern five-octave German brand.
The glockenspiel is also made of metal plates but is stroke by hard metal mallets held by the musician, and is smaller and higher in pitch. The timbre is much more brilliant than the celesta. The Pianoteq virtual copy, modelled after a modern French brand, has been slightly extended to cover four octaves.
Both instruments are often recognized in classical masterpieces – the celesta in Tchaikovsky’s «Nutcracker» movement «Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy», and the glockenspiel in Mozart’s «Die Zauberflöte» (The Magic Flute). These instruments are still used today in various music genres.
Thanks to Pianoteq’s physical model, the add-on instruments come in several variants including a new and exclusive “humanization” feature for the strike point, achieving a variation that makes them more expressive sounding. This is particularly true for the glockenspiel where the musician never hits the plates at the exact same point.
The Celesta add-on for Pianoteq is available to purchase for 49 EUR (requires a licence of Pianoteq 3 Standard, PRO or PLAY).
More information: Pianoteq