Sample Logic has announced Morphestra, a Kontakt Player 3 powered sample library.
In association with Kirk Hunter Studios, Sample Logic’s award-winning team presents a powerful collection of creatively new and inventive organic ensembles derived entirely from true orchestral recordings and psycho-acoustic sound design.
Powered by Native Instruments Kontakt Player 3, Morphestra is an epic collection of over 23 GB and 1100+ instruments and multis. This “cine-organic” achievement surpasses any library of its kind. Rather than reinventing the traditional orchestra, Sample Logic has created a modern day virtual instrument that goes above and beyond ANY orchestral/effectual sample library geared for film, TV and game composers.
- 23 GB, over 1100 instruments and multis.
- The library is divided into 3 main categories: Atmospheres, Instrumentals, and Percussives.
- All of these instruments are derived from orchestral studio and field recordings, many of which were manipulated, morphed, and processed at multiple stages of product development, including the sample production phase, the programming phase, and in real-time via Morphestra’s user controllable interface parameters.
- Atmosphere/ambient soundscapes and stinger construction kits.
- Traditional and morphed woodwinds, brass, strings, synths, mallets, bells, solo and ensemble pads and melodic instruments.
- Melodic and rhythmic tempo-synced loops, loop construction kits, and arpeggiated/gated melodic and impact sequences.
- Single impacts, cinematic impact ensembles, and percussive kits .
- Swipes, scrapes, and reverse transitional effects.
- Performance-ready multis (playable interactive presets templates made from multiple instruments) .
- Many multis have been designed by world-class award winning film, TV, and game composers.
Morphestra is scheduled for release on October 1, 2009, and will be available pre-installed on a reliable and portable 80 GB Glyph hard drive for $699 USD.
More information: Sample Logic