Meltedsounds has launched Whoosh, a true sound design instrument for Native Instruments Reaktor that enables you to create breath taking whoosh and pass-by effects.
It is possible to precisely design sounds varying from whistling wind whooshes to air ripping engine pass-bys or completely over the top granular sci-fi effects.
The included doppler effects engine was designed from ground up to physical model the acoustic phenomena of an object that approaches, passes, and recedes from an observer. The individual playback engines, the source mixer and doppler engine can be manipulated in synchronized connection to each other. This makes it possible to playback the desired sound effect at different durations while remaining everything in perfect sync.
Whoosh comes with an extensive onboard sample library licensed from leading sound effect recordists. It includes categories like wind, fire, metal, water, engine and explosion effects.
- Enables you to design breath taking whoosh and pass-by sound effects.
- Complex but intuitive to use sound design engine.
- 4 loop / grain samplers, 4 impact samplers, wave mixer, doppler engine and post effects.
- Comes with over 240 sounds exclusively licensed from professional sound effect recordists.
- Note: Loading your own sounds is not supported at the moment but it is possible. (This will become officially available in a future update)
Whoosh is available to purchase for $79 USD. Requires Reaktor 5.8 or later (Player not supported).
More information: Meltedsounds
Samplephonics has launched Cinematic Textures, a 750+ MB sample pack featuring a collection of evolving textural soundscapes for soundtrack compositions, downtempo music and ambiant breakdowns.
Using a combination of atmospheric field recordings, granular synthesis, experimental reverberation and layered samples to create deep, emotive atmospheres, this sample library contains a powerful pallette of sonic textures that can be be used creatively to enhance existing musical ideas, or subtly to evoke tension and emotion.
All sounds are between 15 and 45 seconds long, and are provided in 24 Bit wav, with sampler instruments for Reason NN-XT, Logic Pro EXS24, Kontakt 4 and Ableton Sampler. All sounds have been mapped across the keyboard to allow them to be played melodically, or processed further for more unique effects. All loops and samples are available to download 100% royalty free.
The sample library costs £30 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Cinematic Textures
Audio Damage has announced the release of DubJr, Grainshift and Errorbox, three Eurorack modules.
After two years of R&D (a sentence fragment that in no way conveys the experience we’ve just been through), and coincidentally during the week of Audio Damage’s tenth anniversary, we have succeeded in releasing a hardware platform for our DSP effects, and are ludicrously proud to unveil the first three Audio Damage hardware products: DubJr, Grainshift, and Errorbox.
Audio Damage Eurorack modules
- ADM01 DubJr is the delay from Dubstation, in a pint-sized Eurorack modular format, for your knob-twisting pleasure.
- ADM02 Grainshift is a real-time granular pitch-shifter and chaos effect for the Eurorack modular format. From simple smooth micro-tuned pitch shifting and chorus effects on up to full metal granular chaos, Grainshift is a versatile module, easy to use and fun to have.
- ADM03 Errorbox is just like any other tool-kit utility module, except that in this tool-kit, all the tools are chainsaws and rabid badgers. Includes a sample rate reducer, bit rate reducer, and ERR algorithm (as found in the Kombinat Dva plug-in).
The modules are available to purchase via Audio Damage’s retail partners for $179 USD each (currently exclusively at Analogue Haven).
More information: Audio Damage / Eurorack modules
Steinberg has announced the release of Granular Symphonies, a VST Sound Instrument Set that adds exclusive, premium-quality samples and presets to the libraries of the Padshop Pro and Padshop granular synthesizers.
Created by sound designer and composer Simon Stockhausen, Granular Symphonies comprises two gigabytes of samples and recordings, including strings, brass, vocals and various other instrumental content. The 260 presets employ the granular synthesis technology in Padshop Pro and Padshop to reveal unique sounds of profound detail. Granular Symphonies offers a wealth of sonic textures, pads and leads for invoking powerful emotions that stir and inspire.
“I am excited about the release of Granular Symphonies, one of the biggest sound design projects in my life and certainly one that kept me busy and sleepless for many months,” remarked Simon Stockhausen. “I hope that this library will inspire many composers around the world and expand their sonic palette to paint beautiful, haunting, wondrous and enchanting musical pictures using the versatility of granular synthesis in Padshop and Padshop Pro.”
Granular Symphonies features
- 260 new presets with outstanding sounds designed by sound designer, composer and multi-instrumentalist Simon Stockhausen.
- 2 GB of exclusively recorded samples including strings, brass, mallets, vocals and experimental content.
- Available as download only.
- Windows and Mac installer included.
Granular Symphonies is available to purchae for 29.99 EUR incl. German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Granular Symphonies
New Sonic Arts has announced a Summer Sale, offering its Nuance and Granite plug-ins 45% discount for a limited time.
Nuance — Finally, a sample-player designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality – and no bloat. Nuance proudly stands out against the crowd of complex and cumbersome samplers. In contrast, Nuance’s streamlined and intuitive approach will boost your productivity, while the vast modulation and FX possibilities will inspire you to create new sounds – fast.
Granite — Enter a world of evolving textures, haunting atmospheres and infinite soundscapes. Granite’s unique sound engine melds a state-of-the-art granular processor, an innovative modulation system and a range of grain-level FX, resulting in a degree of musicality not achieved before with granular synthesis.
Nuance and Granite are available to purchase for 39 EUR / $49 USD each until August 31st, 2013.
More information: New Sonic Arts
EverythingTurns has released ArcWave, a granular re-synthesiser ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
ArcWave is a granular re-synthesiser that uses samples in place of oscillators allowing very diverse waveform generation from virtually any conceivable sound source.
An independent multipoint envelope generator bidirectionally scans the sample without affecting pitch, producing an ever changing waveform output feed to the filters.
The scan cycle, flow, motion, start point and length along with gain, pan, pitch and fine tune are all definable, plus the scan cycle can be disabled and set to static mode.
ArcWave is available to purchase for £12 GBP. It includes a separate ensemble of the Atmospheara effect processor included in ArcWave.
More information: EverythingTurns / ArcWave
Samplephonics has released Future Garage and Deep Techno, a new sample library by Ghostek.
Mysterious producer Ghostek presents a deep and varied sample library, containing an eclectic selection of lo-fi garage breaks, driving techno percussion, granular pads, dark brooding atmospheres, deep and sometimes sinister basslines, and a huge collection of one shot drums and effects samples.
From airy, floaty trips to sinister, pulsating rhythms, this sample pack pushes forward the deep house, garage and techno movement towards something that is both unique and varied, yet somehow bound together by a distinct feeling of otherworldiness and emotion.
Future Garage and Deep Techno features
- Wav Download contains 720 loops, samples and sampler instrument, and weighs in at 850MB.
- Bass Loops, Combi Drum Loops, One Shots, Pads and Atmos, Perc Loops and Top Loops, Sampler Instruments and Synth Loops sub folders.
- All download options come with Reason NN-XT, EXS24 and Kontakt 4 presets.
- 100% royalty free.
The sample library costs £34.70 GBP. Separate download options are available.
More information: Samplephonics / Future Garage & Deep Techno