Sugar Bytes has announced Consequence, a chord groovebox, with a surprising depth of possibilities while being easy to use, due to an intuitive workflow.
Chords are alternated, split up to custom arpeggios and turned into leg-driving basslines, amazing melodies or dreamy sound textures. The internal audio recorder keeps your ideas when they come or records loops or even full tracks. The allround soundlibrary contains all possible kinds of instruments, from thick basslines to gentle violines. Combine these with individual triggering options for unheard sequences full of joy and groove! Combine sound-presets and sequencer-presets, an unlimited source of inspiration. CONSEQUENCE is a composition tool which can create chordlines or whole songs on the fly, but also chords which are played via MIDI can be supersized using the innovative sequencing engine.
Consequence will be released November 2008.
Visit Sugar Bytes for more information.
Psychic Modulation has released version 4.0 of Cerebrum, a sophisticated groovebox-style drum machine with onboard sequencers that flawlessly follow your host, allowing for serious beat creation.
Cerebrum v4.0 features
- 8 drum synth modules.
- 2 sampler modules.
- 1 bass synth module.
- 16 step sequencer for each module.
- Bass sequencer has 32 steps.
- Ability to store and switch three sequence patterns with each module.
- velocity grid for each drum/sampler sequencer.
- Note grid for bass sequencer.
- Random sequence probability.
- Random velocity probability.
- Each sequencer has independant control of speed, length, etc..
- Host sync.
- Bass sequencer can alter note range via midi keyboard.
- Onboard drum mixer.
- Mute/solo switches for each module.
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6).
Cerebrum 4.0 costs $34.95 USD. A demo version with occasional sound dropout replaced with soft tone is available for download.
Visit Psychic Modulation for more information.
Psychic Modulation has released version 3.5 of Cerebrum, the sophisticated synth/sample hybrid groovebox with an onboard bassline synth.
Changes in v3.5
- new ‘lite’ structure; less demanding on resources
- combined kick 1/2, snare 1/2
- kick, snare, hihat & perc1 now each have thier own imbedded sample synth
- perc2 left unchanged with wavlayer
- added mute/solo buttons to each module
- added patch randomization to each module
- improved midi triggering
- each sequencer can now be assigned to a different key and octave
- added reset option to bass lfo
- updated presets
- small gui updates
- various minor bugfixes
Cerebrum is available for Windows PC for $34.95 USD. It is also part of the Neurosynth Pack, which includes all the current full versions, future updates, and future additions ($79.95 USD).
Visit Psychic Modulation for more information and a link to download a demo of Cerebrum.
Psychic Modulation has updated Minimal to version 1.5.
Minimal is a mini groovebox style drum machine with onboard bass synth.
Updated in v1.5
- added patch randomization buttons to each drum, bass and keygrid
- sequencers now ignore patch change, allowing several different patches per sequence bank
- minor gui improvements
Visit Psychic Modulation for more information and a link to download Minimal v1.5.
Psychic Modulation has released Cerebrum 3, a groovebox-style synth/sampler hybrid drum machine featuring seven drumsynth modules as well as a bass synth module, each with it’s own dual A/B sequencer for beat-matching.
Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
- 4 drum synth modules
- 3 drum sample synth modules
- 1 bass synth module
- Each of the 7 drum modules has it’s own Wavlayer for layering with user samples
- 2 16-step pattern sequencers for each module
- Automatic beat matching functions for each sequencer
- 2 accent switches for each sequencer(for gain, reverse, glide, glitch etc.)
- 2 velocity grids for each sequencer(for pitch, level, filter, glitch rate etc.)
- 4 types of random probability for each sequencer
- Each sequencer has independant control of speed, direction, length, etc.
- Host sync
- Separate keyboard mappings for drumlines, bassline and one-shot drums
- Polyphonic option for all synths
- Volume/Panning vectors
- Onboard drum mixer
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6)
- 32 presets
Check this mp3 for a demo of Cerebrum 3 (using 3 instances of Cerebrum 3 only).
Cerebrum is available for $34.95 USD and can be bundled with the Neurosynth Pack or purchased separately.
Visit Psychic Modulation for more information and a link to download the demo of Cerebrum 3.