GSi (Genuine Soundware and Instruments) has released version 1.1 of ShakePad, a multi-fx effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ShakePad is a virtual multi-effect unit intended for real time sound manipulation via an X/Y pad. It includes 50 different high quality effect algorithms with full stereo operation.
Changes in ShakePad v1.1
- Fixed bug that crashed hosts when using automation.
- Fixed bug that crashed hosts when using release times too short.
- FX scroll buttons are now “press and hold for fast scrolling”.
- Changed the color scheme.
ShakePad is available as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 29 EUR.
More information: GSi / ShakePad
GSi has released ShakePad, a virtual multi-effect unit intended for real time sound manipulation via an X/Y pad.
It includes 50 different high quality effect algorithms with full stereo operation.
- 50 high quality stereo effects.
- X/Y Pad for multiple functions.
- Adjustable release time from 0 to 10 seconds with variable rest point.
- HOLD button.
- Dry/Wet slider.
- Real time parameter display.
- Host Automation.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
ShakePad is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for the introductory price of 21 EUR until August 31, 2009 (regular price 29 EUR). A demo version is available for download here.
More information: GSi
GSi has announced ShakePad, a multi-effect plug-in.
Hello Folks! I’ve been quite busy for a long while, but here I am again with a little funny virtual effect that many of you may appreciate. It’s based on a X-Y pad that you can handle with your mouse or from an external controller. It’s mostly intended for DJ’s and for those who want to have fun with their music by adding some real-time manipulation, but it’s also nice to use for keyboards and other single instrument tracks.
ShakePad is currently under public beta testing (have a look at the KvR forums) and will hopefully be available before the end of July. Registration fee will be just 29 euros with an initial introductory offer.
The public beta is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows (Mac OS X AU and VST versions will follow).
Check the thread at KVR Audio for more information.
GSi has released Key Performer, the Swiss Army knife of the modern gigging keyboardist.
It’s a single software instrument which offers a wide variety of keyboard sounds that are always used in almost all musical genres where a keyboardist is involved
Key Performer features
- Several classic keyboard sounds including pianos, electric pianos, synths, organs, etc.
- A sample playback section (aka “ROMpler”) with “adaptive playback”
- A physical modeling classic Electric Piano
- A physical modeling “Wurly” piano
- A phase modulation synthesizer for the famous DX Piano
- A Virtual Analog polyphonic synthesizer
- A Virtual Tonewheel Organ with rotary speaker effect
- Two effect slots with all the most famous effects
- An AMP simulation section with overdrive
- A global Reverb effect
- 64 Programs per bank, 9 snaphots for organ sections and 9 for VA synth
- Full MIDI implementation
- Easy MIDI Learn
- Huge efficiency with very low CPU power requirements
- Simplicity of use, Versatility, Stability, Expandibility, Authenticity!
Key Performer is available now as a VST instrument for Windows (Mac version coming soon) for an introductory price of 99 EUR until March 31, 2009 CET (regular price 149 EUR). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit GSi for more information
GSi has announced Key Performer, a plug-in specifically designed for keyboardists.
Key Performer is a plugin made for the giggin’ keyboardist who needs a specific set of classic sounds that fit all music genres, from pianos to organ, from electric pianos to synths.
Key Performer features
- 6 different sound engines:
- sample playback (a ROMpler) used for many different sounds;
- two physical modeling electric pianos (tines and reeds, derived from MrRay73 and MrTramp);
- a DX classic e-piano sound in pure phase modulation synthesis;
- a small virtual analog synthesizer;
- a tonewheel organ simulator derived from VB3.
- 4 effects slots with tremolo, auto-pan, wha-wha, phaser, chorus, flanger, echo, delay, reverb, amp simulations, etc.
- Expand the sound packs with future releases of new soundsets.
Key Performer should be available soon, with an introductory offer for 1 month, and special discounts for registered users of VB3, MrRay73mk2, EG70 or ZD6.
Visit GSi for more information.
MidiKarval has released version 1.1 of VB3 Controller, a midi processor for controlling the VB3 synth by GSi.
The VB3 Controller is a midi processor VSTi that allows you to control, using a midi controller keyboard, the VB3’s five drawbar sets (upper manual A and B sets, lower manual A and B sets, and pedals) from a single set of nine physical drawbars (sliders or knobs).
Changes in VB3 Controller v1.1
- INVERTED KEYS – “USE UPPER FOR BOTH”: pressing one of the keys (C# to A keys) of your upper manual’s “inverted octave” you can call up the relevant presets (internal or “alternative” presets) of such both manuals’ “inverted key” (this is useful if you want to have consistent presets on both manuals with only one touch). The “Use Upper for both” function doesn’t work with Bb and B “inverted keys”, so you can temporarily change the preset of the upper manual without affecting the sound of the lower one.
- PEDALS “COUPLER” AND “STACCATO”: when the “Pedals/Upper” or “Pedals/Lower” function and the “Coupler” function are active, using the “pedals octaves” of your keyboard you can play in unison the pedals’ sound and the lower manual sound, as many great jazz organists do. Moreover you can choose to make the pedals sound “staccato” (like an upright bass, whilst the “meat of the bass” comes from the lower manual sound). According to Joey DeFrancesco, this is the secret to kicking bass (see Keyboard Magazine, n. 6/1999, page 50). Changing the value in the “Staccato” label you can activate/deactivate the “Staccato” mode and select the relevant length, expressed in milliseconds (from 20 to 400 ms.).
- Now you can activate/deactivate the VB3 Controller’s functions directly clicking on the relevant labels with your mouse’s left button (whilst clicking on the labels with the right buttons allows to change the value shown on each label).
VB3 Controller is availabe as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for 10 EUR. A fully functional demo version is available from the product page (expires after 15 minutes of use, remove and re-load it in your host to use it again).
Visit MidiKarval for more information.