GSi has released MrTramp2, a free electric piano instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
MrTramp2 is the sequel of my previous plugin “MrTramp”, a physical modeling simulation of the soulful Wurlitzer 200A Electric Piano.
What’s different in this new version? Firstly, it’s no more compiled in SynthEdit, it’s fully programmed in C++ so is now also available for Mac OSX in both VST and AU formats; secondly, it takes way less CPU and RAM; furthermore, this not the exact same algorithm used in the previous MrTramp, this is a new revised formula which gives more ‘bite’ on the lower octaves and more ‘body’ on the high notes.
- Velocity: adjusts the velocity response, use this in accordance to your MIDI controller’s settings to find the best action response.
- Hardness: adjusts the hardness ot the virtual “reeds”.
- Tremolo: turns on/off and adjusts the amount of tremolo, with a fixed frequency of 6 Hz, triangle waveform.
- Tone: a low pass filter, use this to brighten or darken the sound.
- Volume: guess what?…
MrTramp2 is available as a freeware instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: GSi / MrTramp2 (direct download)
GSi (Genuine Soundware and Instruments) has released version 1.1 of ShakePad, a multi-fx effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ShakePad is a virtual multi-effect unit intended for real time sound manipulation via an X/Y pad. It includes 50 different high quality effect algorithms with full stereo operation.
Changes in ShakePad v1.1
- Fixed bug that crashed hosts when using automation.
- Fixed bug that crashed hosts when using release times too short.
- FX scroll buttons are now “press and hold for fast scrolling”.
- Changed the color scheme.
ShakePad is available as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 29 EUR.
More information: GSi / ShakePad
GSi has released ShakePad, a virtual multi-effect unit intended for real time sound manipulation via an X/Y pad.
It includes 50 different high quality effect algorithms with full stereo operation.
- 50 high quality stereo effects.
- X/Y Pad for multiple functions.
- Adjustable release time from 0 to 10 seconds with variable rest point.
- HOLD button.
- Dry/Wet slider.
- Real time parameter display.
- Host Automation.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
ShakePad is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for the introductory price of 21 EUR until August 31, 2009 (regular price 29 EUR). A demo version is available for download here.
More information: GSi
GSi has announced ShakePad, a multi-effect plug-in.
Hello Folks! I’ve been quite busy for a long while, but here I am again with a little funny virtual effect that many of you may appreciate. It’s based on a X-Y pad that you can handle with your mouse or from an external controller. It’s mostly intended for DJ’s and for those who want to have fun with their music by adding some real-time manipulation, but it’s also nice to use for keyboards and other single instrument tracks.
ShakePad is currently under public beta testing (have a look at the KvR forums) and will hopefully be available before the end of July. Registration fee will be just 29 euros with an initial introductory offer.
The public beta is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows (Mac OS X AU and VST versions will follow).
Check the thread at KVR Audio for more information.
GSi has released Key Performer, the Swiss Army knife of the modern gigging keyboardist.
It’s a single software instrument which offers a wide variety of keyboard sounds that are always used in almost all musical genres where a keyboardist is involved
Key Performer features
- Several classic keyboard sounds including pianos, electric pianos, synths, organs, etc.
- A sample playback section (aka “ROMpler”) with “adaptive playback”
- A physical modeling classic Electric Piano
- A physical modeling “Wurly” piano
- A phase modulation synthesizer for the famous DX Piano
- A Virtual Analog polyphonic synthesizer
- A Virtual Tonewheel Organ with rotary speaker effect
- Two effect slots with all the most famous effects
- An AMP simulation section with overdrive
- A global Reverb effect
- 64 Programs per bank, 9 snaphots for organ sections and 9 for VA synth
- Full MIDI implementation
- Easy MIDI Learn
- Huge efficiency with very low CPU power requirements
- Simplicity of use, Versatility, Stability, Expandibility, Authenticity!
Key Performer is available now as a VST instrument for Windows (Mac version coming soon) for an introductory price of 99 EUR until March 31, 2009 CET (regular price 149 EUR). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit GSi for more information