GTG Synths has released GTG WS 2, a freeware hybrid synthesizer VST plug-in for Windows PC.
GTG WS 2 features
- Phase Modulation Oscillators – The Modulator ( Osc 2 ) can be sent directly to the filter by means of the Osc 2 Mix knob. The Modulated signal is sent to the Waveshaper.
- Modulation Envelope – Controls the Phase Modulation. The Joystick Controller sets the amount of modulation (x) and the filter frequency (Y).
- Tempo Sync LFO – Controls the modulation of the filter as well as the Phase Modulation. This LFO will only have effect on the Phase Modulation during the Decay time, unless the Sustain level is above zero. The speed of the LFO is set with the Division control.
- MIDI control for Chorus Depth, Cut off, Resonance, Joystick X, Joystick Y, and Vibrato depth.
Visit GTG Synths for more information and a link to download GTG WS 2.
GTG Synths has released GTG MX2008, a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
GTG MX2008 features
- 3x Osc synth with 3 LFO’s:
- LFO 1 can be set to either internal or host tempo sync using the INT/TMP button. The host tempo division factor is set using the button next to it. When the INT mode is used the lfo speed is set using the RATE display.
- LFO 2 is a free-running modulator, and LFO 3 cyclus is synced to key-on.
- LFO 3 : The R1/R2 switch changes the range of the pitch modulation of osc 2, so it can be used
for either hard-sync modulation ( press the SYNC button in the OSC section ) or small-range vibrato.
The dash/step – button next to the R1/R2 switch alternates between smooth and stepped modulation.
- Stepped modulation, Pitch Envelope.
- Chorus and Delay and a Fat filter with High Pass Control.
Interface note : Some displays/buttons work like push-buttons, some by click-and-drag.
Visit GTG Synths for more information.
GTG Synths has released GTG FM 4, a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
A new FM synth with a different structure. 3 operators with 2 mixable paths each. Lots of cool sounds can be made with this one. And yet very easy to use.
GTG Synths GTG FM 4
2 Osc Polysynth GTG K 1 is now available in a rack version (no keyboard) and has been updated with:
- new GUI
- new presets
- less CPU usage.
Drumsampler GTG DPC 3 also comes in a version without animated pads, and the new version corrects the Cymbal 1 (Ride cymbal) midi note, which has been moved from D3 to D#3, according to the General Midi Standard.
Visit GTG Synths for more information, sound demos and links to download these great freeware plug-ins.
The new year started off well with tons of new and updated freeware VST effect and instrument plugins.
Here are my top picks of January in random order.
- TesslaSE by Bootsy.
This effect plug-in does some tube+digital magic in the area of signal saturation and coloration.
- S3 by Krakli.
Can we ever have enough string machine emulators? I think not!
- Prophanity by Roberson Audio.
This one does a great job emulating the classic Prophet 5 synth. Must check if you like VA type synths.
- GTG 44 S by GTG Synths.
Mik’s plug-ins are always top notch and this six voice VA type synth is no exception. Great for those oldskool analog type sounds, fat leads etc.
The plug-ins listed above are all freely available in VST format for Windows PC.
GTG Synths has released GTG 44 S, a freeware six voice analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
This synth was originally made for personal use only. It holds the functions I like and use mostly.
It may not meet everyone’s requirements though. But it’s a free synth and I hope you find it useful :-)
GTG 44 S special features
- Filter – The red/green filter switch alternates between two filter types. In the red position cut off and resonance gets steeper and the overall sound becomes warmer/fatter. The switch is useful for either adding fullness to the sound (red) or removing unpleasant artifacts (green), like rumble or distortion, depending on the other filter settings. It also changes the character of the sound when using BP, HP and BR filter settings (note that in some cases you will not hear much difference when switching back and forth this switch, since it depends on the other filter settings.
- LFO – The LFO’s are different in the way that speed control on LFO 2 when set to maximum key follow and rate can make a sound similar to ring modulation (for bell-like sounds). LFO 1 has a delay function and also modulates filter resonance. The synth has a pitch envelope for Osc 2 so you can make snappy attacks or sync modulated sweeps. There’s a sub-oscillator for deep bass sounds.
- Vibrato – Vibrato (wheel) adds vibrato to oscillator 2 only. When Sync is on the vibrato therefore will be heard as “frequency modulation” of the sync’ed output instead of the usual pitch vibrato sound (Nice for sweeping pad sounds etc.)
Visit GTG Synths for more information and a link to download GTG 44 S.
GTG Synths has released GTG DPC 3, a freeware drum sampler VST instrument for Windows PC.
GTG DPC 3 features
- 10 user sample slots (PCM Wave-format).
- Individual Volume, Tune, Decay, Pan and Reverb settings.
- One set of samples automatically loads with the plugin.
- Drum map: The drums are layed out according to the General Midi Standard.
You can use the mouse to trigger samples (drum pads will light up). When playing the samples by MIDI, the keyboard will light up the corresponding name tag above each drum pad.
Visit GTG Synths for more information and a link to download GTG DPC 3.