GTG Synths has released GTG 44 S, a freeware six voice analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
This synth was originally made for personal use only. It holds the functions I like and use mostly.
It may not meet everyone’s requirements though. But it’s a free synth and I hope you find it useful :-)
GTG 44 S special features
- Filter – The red/green filter switch alternates between two filter types. In the red position cut off and resonance gets steeper and the overall sound becomes warmer/fatter. The switch is useful for either adding fullness to the sound (red) or removing unpleasant artifacts (green), like rumble or distortion, depending on the other filter settings. It also changes the character of the sound when using BP, HP and BR filter settings (note that in some cases you will not hear much difference when switching back and forth this switch, since it depends on the other filter settings.
- LFO – The LFO’s are different in the way that speed control on LFO 2 when set to maximum key follow and rate can make a sound similar to ring modulation (for bell-like sounds). LFO 1 has a delay function and also modulates filter resonance. The synth has a pitch envelope for Osc 2 so you can make snappy attacks or sync modulated sweeps. There’s a sub-oscillator for deep bass sounds.
- Vibrato – Vibrato (wheel) adds vibrato to oscillator 2 only. When Sync is on the vibrato therefore will be heard as “frequency modulation” of the sync’ed output instead of the usual pitch vibrato sound (Nice for sweeping pad sounds etc.)
The GTG 44 S synthesizer is available as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: GTG Synths / GTG 44 S
GTG Synths has released GTG DPC 3, a freeware drum sampler VST instrument for Windows PC.
GTG DPC 3 features
- 10 user sample slots (PCM Wave-format).
- Individual Volume, Tune, Decay, Pan and Reverb settings.
- One set of samples automatically loads with the plugin.
- Drum map: The drums are layed out according to the General Midi Standard.
You can use the mouse to trigger samples (drum pads will light up). When playing the samples by MIDI, the keyboard will light up the corresponding name tag above each drum pad.
Visit GTG Synths for more information and a link to download GTG DPC 3.
GTG Synths has released GTG DS 7 and GTG MicroOrgan MK III, two freeware VSTi plugins.
GTG DS 7 is a drumsynth, alternative to FreeDrum. This one has a much improved sound, more punch and depht. Multiple outputs and test button for each sound.
- PLAY buttons to audition drum sounds. (In some hosts activating PLAY buttons whilst recording will record event data, not note data)
- Multiple outputs: If your host supports multiple outputs, the OUT buttons (click and drag) should be used to assign a mixer output track for one or more drum sound (six outputs total)
- Auto mute: Closed hi-hat mutes open hi-hat if the open hi-hat key is released before hitting the closed hi-hat key (this is not the case with overlapping notes)
- MIDI Implementation chart included
In hosts like FL Studio, you will have to assign the drum synth to mixer output track 1 from the instrument channel settings. This will enable a routing to the succeeding mixer tracks 1-6 instead of the default setting that routes to the Master track.
GTG MicroOrgan MK III is an updated version of MK II version, with:
- Added percussion decay
- Added A/B switch
- Improved key click with key-off function
- Vibrato in 3 drawbar regions
You can download both freeware plugins from GTG Synths.
Mik Sybrandt has updated GTG kwop7, a freeware analog synth VSTi with a look that reminds of old hardware synths.
Kwop7 has a very warm and fat sound and was created by user request.
- Fixed PW LFO/Env switch (20/08/2006)
Visit GTG Synths to download kwop7.
GTG Synths has released GTG NK1001, an old skool monophonic synth.
- Dual oscillator
- PW Mod
- Switchable AMP-mode (ADSR/GATE)
- comes with MIDI Imp. chart
Check GTG Synths for more information and a link to download NK1001.