Igor Petrovic aka Jazzigula has releases a 90s skin for Tyrell N6 V3, the free synthesizer plug-in by u-he.
This Tyrell N6 skin is inspired by hardware of the 90′s.
For knob and fader animations I have used truly fantastic software JKnobman made by g200kg. Many thanks to KVR user Branis, he helped me much with information about script editing and design advice. Also thanks to Urs Heckmann for useful explanations and for give us this amazing synth.
Feel free to contact me if you need GUI for your app. Don’t forget to hit appreciate button at the bottom if you like this skin. Enjoy !
The skin is a free download.
More information: Igor Petrovic
Ableton has updated its Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac to version 9.0.3.
Changes in Live 9.0.3
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added a new skin: “Disco”.
- Added a new option to the “Record/Warp/Launch” preferences pane: “Start Transport with Record”. If activated, the transport will start immediately when clicking on the Session- or Arrangement-Record buttons. If deactivated, it prepares for recording as in Live 8, so you have to launch a clip in Session View or click the ‘Play’ button. You can hold down the Shift modifier key when clicking on the record buttons to invert the behavior temporarily.
- When recording automation on top of an existing automation envelope, and quickly clicking on different positions in parameters like sliders, X/Y pads, etc., Live now records a latching automation envelope instead of jumping back to the previous value.
- The Compressor device does not clip input signals at +20 dB anymore.
- Added control surface support for Novation Launchkey series.
- Added control surface support for M-Audio Axiom Air Mini 32.
- Added a user satisfaction survey. After several hours of usage, Live will ask you to rate the software on the next startup. You can submit a star rating or simply dismiss the survey.
- Updated manual, lessons and translations.
- Bug fixes:
- The Trial version of Live 9.0.2 could hang on startup.
- Live would not work as a ReWire slave on Windows.
- The performance of the Ableton Index process has been improved, especially on OS X.
- The Ableton Index process would sometimes not scan all folders after adding them to the sidebar.
- The Ableton Index process could block the GUI during saving and exporting of Live sets, presets or clips.
- Scanning folders containing a huge amount of files could take longer than necessary.
- The Browser would not update its content pane after a change in the file system if the selection was somewhere outside of the Browser.
- Expanding the Audio Unit folder in the browser’s “Plug-ins” label could be slow for users which have a lot of library content installed.
- Live would not save a clip self-contained after dragging it to the Browser and confirming the name of the new clip by clicking anywhere outside of the Browser.
- The Session Record button would not turn off if the recording was aborted, e.g. by stopping or deleting the currently recording clip, disarming a track, etc.
- Under certain conditions, MIDI notes would not get recorded into a clip slot after deleting a previous clip.
- Overdubbing into MIDI clips could unnecessarily bloat the undo history file.
- Fixed a graphical glitch which could occur in the representation of the filter curve in EQ Eight’s Frequency Display.
- Several MIDI control surfaces would not correctly shut down after quitting Live, e.g. motorfaders on the Mackie Control would not return to zero, Axiom Pro devices would not exit Hypercontrol mode, etc.
- The “Project Mix IO” control surface would not work.
- The channel strip buttons on the Mackie Control XT would not work.
- Fixed a bug where the key navigation in track headers would not work properly when certain control surfaces are selected.
- When using control surface scripts, the blue hand would sometimes not map to any device, e.g. after creating a device and then deleting it by using undo.
- Live could sometimes crash on quit in case a faulty MIDI remote script throws an exception in the Python console.
- Fixed a crash which could occur in Live Intro when right-clicking on a drum rack chain.
- Changes for Push:
- Using the touch strip to change banks in drum racks now requires to pick up the current value, to avoid changing banks accidentally while playing.
- Fixed incorrect intervals in the Locrian scale.
- The velocity curve setting would reset to the default value when opening a new Live set.
- Changing the pad sensitivity settings could be slow if a drum rack was in focus.
- Updating the LCD display could be slow when switching between Drum and Note mode.
- The Push LCD could remain blank and no mode would be selected after holding the ‘Browse’ mode button.
- Fixed a bug where ‘Browse’ mode would be exited after swapping a Max for Live instrument.
- Tracks created by dragging an instrument would sometimes not be automatically armed if Push is connected.
- The “Arm Exclusive” preference would not be respected when Push was connected.
- Fixed a bug where recording wouldn’t work properly if the default clip launch mode was set to ‘Toggle’ mode.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when using the ‘Quantize’ function.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when using Push to delete a device whilst recording automation for this device with the mouse.
The update is now available to download at Ableton.
More information: Ableton / Live
KVR user ENV1 has released Saturn XI, a skin for the Atlantis software synthesizer by Jeremy Evers.
Cobbled together a new (less experimental) UI for Atlantis which i think might be worth sharing.
ENV1′s new skin for the Atlantis software synth, one of my favorite freeware plugins.
The Saturn XI skin is available to download at no cost. Recommended minimum resolution is 1920×1200/1080.
Get the freeware Atlantis synth plug-in for Windows at Jeremy Evers’ website here.
More information: Saturn XI
, GUI and skins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Mar 22, 2012
Amazona.de has released version 2.0 of Tyrell N6 by u-he, the free virtual analog synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Selbstbewusst gibt sich der TYRELL NEXUS SECHS 2.0 in einem vollkommen neuen Layout, welches der Bassist Marcus Steinlechner entworfen hat. Schwarze Flächen, eingefasst in gebürstetem Metall, leuchtend blaue Schriftzüge und ein Swimming-Pool-farbenes Display geben sich zwar kühl, aber der Sound ist genau das Gegenteil.
Neu hinzugekommen ist der analoge Chorus, der dem breiten, warmen Chorus eines Roland Juno-60 nachempfunden wurde. Vor allem sind es aber die subtilen klanglichen Verbesserungen, die den TYRELL N6 2.0 noch analoger und damit realistischer klingen lassen.
Tyrell N6 2.0 has a new layout and GUI, a Roland Juno-60 type analog chorus effect, and some subtle improvements to the sound.
nBeat has updated the “80′s skin” for Tyrell N6 to suit the new version 2.0.
nBeat’s beautiful 80′s skin for Tyrell N6
Tyrell N6 v2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware from the Amazona.de website. The nBeat skin is available to download here.
More information: Amazona.de / u-he
CFA-Sound has released SilverBox, a bundle of two soundsets and a custom skin for u-he ACE.
The SilverBox is a free package, containing the CableBass, CableDrum soundsets and the SilverACE skin.
CableBass is a small soundset contains 32 bass-sounds for minimal, electro & tech-house. Evolving subs, percussive basses or raw and wild drifting electro basses.
CableDrum is mainly aligned on minimal and tech-house. It contains knocking drums & percussion, raw basses, a few exoctic groove-sequences and silky but also scruffy synthsounds.
SilverBox for ACE is available to download at no cost.
More information: CFA-Sound / ACE