db audioware has released version 1.1 of its Flying Haggis Guitar Amp app for iPad.
Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense interface with all the pick-up-and-play appeal of real hardware. There are no complex menus or screens to navigate. There are no in-app purchases or advertising to distract you. Just start up the app, plug in your guitar, and play.
Changes in Flying Haggis for iPad v1.1
- Added a ‘Flying Haggis’ preferences panel to the iOS Settings app, with the following features:
- Background audio (On/Off).
- Enable MIDI control (On/Off).
- Primary MIDI Channel Number (1-16).
- MIDI Bank/Preset Control (On/Off).
- Fixed bug in Audiobus implementation (did not work reliably when loaded into the effects slot).
- Improved sound quality when using a guitar interface which plugs into the 3.5mm headset socket.
- Display a warning message if Flying Haggis does not have permission to listen to the mic input on iOS7 (along with instructions on how to fix this in the Settings app)
Flying Haggis for iPad is available for purchase for $6.99 USD. The desktop version for Windows (VST/AU) and Mac is $49 USD.
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android.
Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any guitarist looking for a small amp for practice, jamming, and recording.
The CUBE-10GX also offers a unique sound customization feature, allowing users to swap out different COSM amp types with the free CUBE KIT app running on their smart phone or tablet.
The CUBE-10GX is equipped with 10 watts of power and a custom-designed 8-inch speaker. Roland’s superior CUBE construction standard provides sound quality and durability that far exceeds other amps in its class, with rigid cabinetry, heavy-duty corner protectors, and more.
- Compact 10-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 8-inch speaker.
- Three preset COSM amp types: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Replace preset amps with custom COSM amps via the free CUBE KIT app for iOS and Android devices.
- Three onboard effects: chorus, delay, and reverb (including plate and spring reverb types).
- Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls.
- Rec Out/Phones jack provides high-quality direct tones for quiet practice and recording.
- Aux In jack for jamming with an external music player.
More information: Roland / CUBE-10GX
Positive Grid has introduced BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar-amp designer and modeler plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Available in VST, Audio Units, RTAS and AAX formats, BIAS Desktop features the most realistic modeler engine, Amp Matching (a pioneering first for DAW plug-ins), BIAS Expansion Packs and the ToneCloud preset-sharing platform. Amp Matching analyzes any live or recorded guitar tone and exactly recreates it within BIAS Desktop.
BIAS Desktop features
- BIAS — BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
- Amp Matching — Amp Matching allows musicians to instantly replicate any real amp tone in the world, right in their Mac or PC. Simply input signal from a miked amp or pre-recorded guitar track, and BIAS Desktop will invisibly insert additional processing into the signal path to make your current amp precisely match the tone of the inputted guitar signal. No other plug-in can do this. Once the tone is captured and replicated, the user can save it as a custom preset and share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
- Standard, Glassy, Crunch, and Insane — In addition to the industry-acclaimed BIAS Standard control modules, BIAS Desktop includes three new dedicated preamp and power amp modules optimized for various playing styles and tone: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Inside these new BIAS Expansion Pack modules, the controls for each preamp, power amp, cabinet and EQ module are tailored specifically to these three fresh styles, providing users with even more precise amp customization.
- ToneCloud — ToneCloud is a proprietary social-networking platform that allows musicians to create, share and download over 10,000 custom BIAS amps, including those created and uploaded by signature recording artists. With BIAS Desktop, guitarists can share every possible amp tone, including those created using the new BIAS Expansion Packs and Matched Amps.
BIAS Desktop is schedule for release in Q3 2014. Positive Grid currently invites experienced and talented individuals to join them in shaping this project and give early feedback prior to the product’s release.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS Desktop
Prime Loops has launched Mosh-Pit Guitars, a sample pack featuring 190+ metal inspired guitar riffs, melodic leads, distorted powerchords, uplifting chord progressions and piercing squeals.
Get your tracks ready for the mosh-pit! With Prime Loops’ very latest kick-ass Guitar Sample Pack “Mosh-Pit Guitars”, specifically written, played, recorded and engineered for music producers looking to inject some serious metal power into their productions!
With 7 folders of super-versatile guitar content, ranging from a dance compatible 120BPM, over a trap-a-licious 140BPM, all the way up to a D&B friendly 180BPM “Mosh-Pit Guitars” is the perfect crossover tool kit!
Riffing in with over 300MB of incendiary content fresh from the fingers of Prime Loops’ very own guitar hero Jonas Hörnqvist, “Mosh-Pit Guitars” will shred through any mix, leaving a jagged wake of chugging palm-muted riffs, intricate leads, distorted powerchords, uplifting chord progressions and piercing squeals.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £14.95 GBP.
For a limited time, a free copy of Heavy Impacts is included with a purchase of Mosh-Pit Guitars.
More information: Prime Loops / Mosh-Pit Guitars
Audiffex has released version 1.1.1 of ampLion, a guitar suite for Windows and Mac.
ampLion is all-in-one software guitar solution with amps, cabinets, pedals, rack effects and live mode support. ampLion uses very accurate simulation of the amp circuits, taking into account every part of the modeled devices.
Changes in ampLion v1.1.1
- [Standalone] Advanced audio player with speed and tempo adjustments, loop, iTunes playlist import, etc.
- [Standalone] Recorder, allowing to record dry or effected sound, with or without the audio player output.
- [Standalone] Metronome.
- [Plug-in] Now available in 64-bit versions and also in AAX format.
ampLion is available for purchase for $99 USD. ampLion also has a free version.
More information: Audiffex / ampLion
Samplephonics has launched Melodic Realm, an enchanting, long awaited sample pack from the superbly talented composer George Baldwin.
Interwoven with stunning melodic tapestries and gorgeous colourful textures, this sample library contains a huge collection of inspiring guitar based construction kits, from melodic, ambient and reflective to in your face, funk punk goodness!
George has been crafting this sample pack for some time now and his dedication and talent is evident throughout. The loops and samples drift seamlessly between genres, moods and textures, providing a wealth of melodic ideas to add to your productions. Once again the boundaries of sampling and loop libraries are being tested again as we continue our quest to bring new and inspiring tools to music producers, composers and sound designers.
Melodic Realm features
- 41 construction kits plus 26 evolving single loops.
- 800.5 MB content in total.
- All loops and samples are provided in 24 Bit Wav.
- 100% royalty free.
The sample library is available for purchase for £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Pettinhouse has announced the release of DirectGuitar Mute&Slap, a free instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt taken from the DirectGuitar 3.0 library.
It is made for playing muted guitar grooves combined with slap notes. For Funky, great also for rock, in fact you can play powerchords with a bit of distortion, it sounds great.
You can combine muted passages with slapped notes just by playing harder on your keyboard in order to introduce a slapped note.
The amp and the FX section is full activated. You can use the distortion, the EQ, Reverb, Delay, Phaser, play notes with Wah Wah effect moving up and down your modulation wheel.
The library is a free download from Pettinhouse. Requires full version of Kontakt.
More information: Pettinhouse / DirectGuitar Mute&Slap