, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014
Positive Grid has announced the release of an iPhone version of the BIAS amplifier modeler and designer app, previously released for the iPad.
The new iPhone and iPod Touch version of BIAS features a number of sonic improvements over its initial iPad version debut, as well as the addition of ToneCloud, the industry’s first cloud-based amp sharing social platform. With BIAS for iPhone, users are able to create and share their own custom amp creations with fellow musicians as well as download, like and comment on the creations of others.
“With this new version of BIAS, musicians can own, design and share an infinite collection of highly realistic sounding amps right in their iPhones,” says Positive Grid Marketing Manager Jaime Ruchman. “And we know that a lot of them want to rock the stage with BIAS, so, with our upcoming BT-4 Bluetooth controller rounding out the complete product ecosystem, they’ll be ready to live the whole BIAS experience anywhere.”
BIAS for iPhone features
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- ToneCloud amp sharing platform.
- Designed for iOS7.
- Compatible with iPod Touch 5, iPhone 4s or superior.
BIAS for iPhone and iPod touch is available to purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD). Designed for iOS7, the app requires an iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4s (or newer) to operate.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
AfroDJMac has announced the release of Electric Guitar Synths, the 100th title in the series of free Ableton Live Packs.
I’m very pleased and excited to share the 100th Free AfroDJMac Ableton Live Pack! It’s been quite a journey and I am happy to have you here reading and playing with these toys! For this collection, I return to my roots as a musician, the electric guitar.
I was doing a little recording and wanted some fast palm mute plucks. I eventually got the part, but it was pretty difficult to get these rapid fire 16th notes sounding tight, even after almost 20 years of playing guitar. So I decided to create some sampled instruments to do the job.
The Electric Guitar Synths pack for Live is available to download free of charge. Requires Ableton Live 9.
More information: AfroDJMac / Electric Guitar Synths
Ample Sound has released version 1.6.0 of its Ample Guitar series plugins (AGF, AGG, AGP, AGM, AGT and AGL).
Changes in version 1.6.0
- Electric guitar series plug-ins:
- New sample engine (same as acoustic guitars).
- 1000+ new samples, including Popping, Resonance, Finger Sound, FX Sound, even a new group Pick Touch and some supplements for Sustain.
- Tab Player with optimization for electric guitar.
- Features which previously only available for acoustic guitar such as Open String First, Keyboard Mode, Alternate Tuner, etc.
- Same strummer system with acoustic guitar, including support for chord position and Mute 2 (Note F#4).
- Rearrangement of 12 electric guitar demo projects. Added presets for 3rd party AMP\effects. Added projects for Pro Tools 11, Logic X and Sonar.
- Acoustic & electric guitar series plugins:
- Added an alternative auto legato mode Auto Slide in addition to Auto HP.
- Added Online Activation.
- Fixed minor bugs.
The updates are free of charge to existing Ample Guitar users.
More information: Ample Sound
Big Fish Audio has launched Guitar Sessions: Indie and Alternative Guitars, a sample library featuring 25 guitar kits.
This massive 5.8 GB (2.3 GB of 24-bit WAV files) collection of Indie and Alternative Songwriter Guitar Styles is a celebration of groups like The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, The Head and Heart, Mumford and Sons, Fun, Alabama Shakers, Florence and the Machine, The Avett Brothers, Fall Out Boy, Queens of the Stone Age, Civil Wars, Temper Trap, Young Novalis, Imagine Dragons and many more.
Guitar Sessions – Indie and Alternative Guitars contains 25 Kits with each and every kit containing three to five different and unique guitars. Styles of Guitars include Acoustic Strumming, Acoustic Picking, Mandolins Strumming, Mandolins Picking, Slide Guitars, Steel Guitars, Clean Electrics, Distorted Electrics, Riff and Heavy Guitars, Ambient Guitars, Effected Guitars, Muted Guitars, and many more. As part of the Xtended Series, each and every kit also contains multiple song sections (Verse, Chorus, Bridge/Breakdown, Turnaround and Outro) allowing for virtually unlimited options; giving you everything you need to tweak to your hearts content.
The sample library costs $129.95 USD.
More information: Big Fish Audio / Guitar Sessions
, effect plugins
, TSE Plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 17, 2014
TSE Audio has announced the release of its TSE X50 v2.0 – Rock/Metal Suite for Windows and Mac.
The suite includes the newly modeled X50 hi-gain amplifier.
TSE X50 version 2.0 is a complete suite for a quick guitar tone setup for rock and metal.
It’s using one of the most advanced modeling algorithms presented in a commercial plugin to this date, offering a real-time simulation of the electrical network in the stompbox/amp with acceptable cpu usage for modern processors.
TSE X50 2.0 Rock/Metal Suite features
- TSE808 – Our very popular screamer emulation now updated with improved even-harmonics etc.
- TSE X50 v2.0 – Hi-gain amplifier, completely re-modeled with new interconnecting algorithms.
- RACK – Tuner / Delay / Equalizer – Essential tools for getting that quick, good tone.
- Power Tubes – Select between using 6L6GC or EL34 pentode models.
- BIAS – Use the bias control to set the operating-point that suits you most. (Power Amp).
- Oversampling – Oversampling from to 2X to 8X + Automatic oversampling from 2X to 4X / 4X to 8X.
- Input Learn – Set your input-gain to a preferred setpoint automatically.
- Lower cpu usage.
- Zero-latency IR-loader with adjustable IR length.
- IR Analyzer – Compare IR length vs frequency in a graphical way.
- User IR Directory – Point X50 to your own IR collection.
- Movement Control – Poweramp to speaker emulation including your favorite IR into it’s process.
- Gate – A custom noise gate with adjustable Threshold / Attack / Release.
- DaFuk Tuner – High precision tuner for low-tuned guitars.
- King-Pong – Pong and asymmetric stereo delay.
- Aqualaser – Equalizer with HP/LP, Lowshelf/Highshelf, peakfilter.
- Zero-latency and topology preserving modeling throughout the entire signal chain.
- Included IR’s from Frozen Sun Audio, Trackmix Studio, GuitarHack, and Ryan Harvey Audio.
TSE X50 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.99 EUR until March 1st, 2014 (regular 49.99 EUR).
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50 v2.0
The Drum Broker has introduced !llmind x SoundAssociation BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs, a new sample pack by Illmind and SoundAssociation.
“The electric guitar is undoubtedly one of the greatest instruments of our generation. Its textures and capabilities are near endless. From classic rock, to soul and funk, pop, disco, hip-hop, country and everything in between, this instrument often plays front and center.
Nowadays, there are hundreds of VSTs and software patches available (some of which are really amazing) that emulate the electric guitar. Still, none of them compare to the feel and complexity of the real thing. For this very reason, I’ve partnered with my good friends & amazing musicians, SoundAssociation, to create a well-rounded, unique set of electric guitar riffs.
Everything from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to funky, light-hearted grooves at 100 bpm, we’ve created a set that draws from all of our influences. For most music producers who don’t play the guitar, it’s difficult to create human textures that no software plug-in can manipulate or duplicate. Our focus was to approach these riffs in the most “human-like” way. They are perfect to use as starting points or later additions to your productions, and are sure to spark a multitude of ideas.” – !llmind
Electric Guitar Liqs features
- 80 audio files containing 24 complete guitar riffs in 24-bit/44 Stereo WAV format.
- All 24 guitar riffs were played on a 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1999 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Vintage Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb, Hiwatt Custom 100, Orange OR100, Lineage: Shure SM 57 -> Neve 1073 -> RME Fireface UFX)
- Guitar riffs vary, from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to light-hearted 100 bpm funky textures & tons more!
- Guitar riffs include BPMs + DRY and WET versions for maximum use, easy looping & creative flow! The possibilities are endless.
- Compatible with all standard DAWs & samplers that use .WAV formatting.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- Carefully mastered “under-zero”. NO nasty “digital-clipping” & plenty of headroom.
- ALL SOUNDS are completely royalty-free!
- Includes BONUS material (Maj7 Arps up + down entire scale & cool slide effects!)
- Credits: !llmind, Josh Churgin (Producer), Mitch Conwell (Producer), Atlas Gonzalez (Producer), Jared Scot (Composer, Producer), Craig Weinberg (Composer, Producer, Engineer).
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs
Xhun Audio has released version 1.6.1 of its IronAxe virtual electric guitar instrument for Windows and Mac, introducing an important fix for the String Router Engine, and featuring an updated KeyStrummer engine, improving the Power/Bar Chords strum authenticity.
Changes in IronAxe v1.6.1
- String Router Engine 2.0: previous version (1.6) had a notes-allocation issue with multi instances of IronAxe. This has been fixed, it now works properly in single and multi instances environments.
- KeyStrummer Mode: ‘Power/Bar Chords’ and ‘Power/Bar Chords Muted’ engine has been updated, now it features the performing of 2-strings Power Chords (Blue Keys, lower octave) and 3-strings Power Chords (Blue Keys, upper octave), for a more authentic and natural strumming experience.
- Partial low level code replacement on the DSP side.
IronAxe for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Xhun Audio / IronAxe
Audio Assault has introduced GrindMachine, an upcoming guitar amp effect plugin.
GrindMachine, The most agressive guitar amplifier to date!
GrindMachine includes 10 ultra realistic, ultra high gain amplifiers and 20 Dynamically modeled speaker cabinets. 11 amps with the included clean amp!
No pedals or other boosters needed, no post processing just plug GrindMachine into your FX Slot and enjoy pure high gain tones that easily fit into any mix.
GrindMachine can also load your favourite speaker cabinet impulses but trust us, you’ll find keep going back to the dynamic cabs.
GrindMachine will be available soon. 64-bit VST, RTAS, and AU are in development.
Grindmachine Free for Windows (32-bit VST) is available to download now. This free download includes 1 German amp model and 3 cabinets.
More information: Audio Assault