Pettinhouse has announced the release of DirectGuitar Mute&Slap, a free instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt taken from the DirectGuitar 3.0 library.
It is made for playing muted guitar grooves combined with slap notes. For Funky, great also for rock, in fact you can play powerchords with a bit of distortion, it sounds great.
You can combine muted passages with slapped notes just by playing harder on your keyboard in order to introduce a slapped note.
The amp and the FX section is full activated. You can use the distortion, the EQ, Reverb, Delay, Phaser, play notes with Wah Wah effect moving up and down your modulation wheel.
The library is a free download from Pettinhouse. Requires full version of Kontakt.
More information: Pettinhouse / DirectGuitar Mute&Slap
Pettinhouse has announced a 24 Hour Sale, offering its products for $49 USD each for a limited time.
Hi, my name is Andrea and I’m a sound designer who creates guitar bass and drum sample libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
My products are the perfect solution for producers, songwriters and soundtrack composers, especially where there is a need or speed of production.
The sale ends June 13th, 2014, 2pm CET.
More information: Pettinhouse
Positive Grid has announced an update to JamUp, its flagship guitar and bass multi-effects app for iOS.
New JamUp includes an Acoustic Simulator that turns any electric guitar into realistic acoustic tone, featuring Acoustic Imaging, Acoustic Pro Simulator, Acoustic EQ and Acoustic Reverb.
New JamUp includes three new Expansion Packs: Vintage Effects, Acoustic Pro, and Gurus Amps®, built-in BIAS integration with free factory amp, new designed graphic interface, comprehensive preset manager, and new JamUp Store.
New JamUp represents the best solution for the mobile musicians. In conjunction with a high quality guitar interface for iOS the iPad or iPhone, it delivers anything a guitar or bass player could dream of in terms of an incredible selection of amp tones, effects and programmability for any situations: rehearsing at home, backstage, recording and live performance.
“New JamUp is the celebration of three years since the original JamUp hit the market, so we created a full blown new version”, said Jaime Ruchman, Marketing Manager at Positive Grid. “Musicians can now revive the classic tone and feel of vintage amps and effects, and this time we were able to collaborate with Gurus Amps to create unique sounding amp tones. New JamUp proves how easy, professional, and fun it can be when integrated as an endless platform”.
Changes in JamUp
- Vintage Effects Expansion Pack — Features 8 most vaunted and valuable guitar effects revisiting the times when the modern guitar tone was born, whether for innovation, inspiration, sound, sheer popularity, or all of the above, each unit can make the perfect cut! The included models are based on: *Dallas Rangemaster® Treble Booster, *Electro Harmonix® Small Clone, Big Muff, Knockout Attack EQ, *Boss® DM-2 Analog Delay, *Voodoo Labs® Vibe, *Fulltone® OCD Overdrive and *Demeter Tremulator Tremolo.
- Introducing the unique acoustic imaging technology: Acoustic Expansion Pack — Featuring Positive Grid’s acoustic imaging technology that restores a studio-miked sound to a undersaddle or soundhole pickup. This is the complete acoustic tone solution for both acoustic and electric guitar players. It comes with the new and premium Acoustic Simulator that any electric guitar into realistic acoustic tone. The included models are: Acoustic Imaging, Acoustic Pro Simulator, Acoustic EQ and Acoustic Reverb.
- Gurus Amp Expansion Pack — Positive Grid partnered with Cicognani Engineering who developed 3 extremely powerful Amps. The Guru Amps Models provide all the juice needed to fuel the guitar tone with sweet’n’deep crunch styled sound. All from a light squeeze of overdrive to full on classic distortion and everything in between. The included amp models are based on Gurus Naked amplifier’s Sexy Channel, Crunch Channel and Lead Channel. We choose to collaborate with Gurus Amps because this Italian company made the World first Tube Amplifiers specifically designed for live use of external digital devices running emulation software. Thanks to their innovative iChannel®, Gurus Amps can express the best of both worlds, analog and digital together.
- BIAS Custom Amp — JamUp now comes with free Positive Grid’s BIAS amp; users can taste the powerful BIAS tone inside JamUp and go deeply into full customization with the optional BIAS-app on iPhone and iPad, bringing the amp modeling world to a whole new level.
- New graphics, preset manager, Dropbox support and more — The redesigned graphical interface makes JamUp look even better. JamUp adds a useful and intuitive preset manager to order, edit and delete presets, and users can now backup presets via Dropbox.
The update is available for both JamUp XT (free) and JamUp Pro XT ($19.99 USD) from the iTunes App Store. Both apps offer the same sound engine, and both are compatible with the JamUp Plug ($19.99 USD), JamUp Plug HD ($99.99 USD) and most iOS guitar audio interfaces.
More information: Positive Grid / JamUp
Organic Loops has launched Brazilian Guitars, a royalty free sample collection for producers worldwide looking to drop a twist of Latin American spirit into their productions.
Brazilian Guitars sees the return of Adonis Tsilimparis with 35 beautifully recorded Brazilian guitar ensembles consisting of Bass, Lead and Rhythm Guitar parts. Each loop in this collection has been recorded at 24Bit 44.1 KHz through high end microphones and outboard equipment to ensure every nuance is captured from the performance. Tempos range from 122, 125 and 128 BPM.
Adonis has put together the perfect companion for any Songwriter or Producer wanting to add something extra special to their tracks whether it be a Down tempo Groove, Afro Latin House Track a Film Score Masterpiece or even something to celebrate the beautiful game!
Adonis has really pulled out all the stops for this collection of authentic Latin American music including syncopated rhythms, exquisite finger work, passionate strumming and delicate picking. Each of the 34 ensembles offers eight bars of incredible musical inspiration performed with natural swing and groove containing separate loop stems of Bass, Lead, and Rhythm to allow producers to flexibly mix and arrange.
The pack is available from Loopmasters for £19.95 GBP.
More information: Organic Loops / Brazilian Guitars
, Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Jun 06, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has launched a Flash Friday Sale on Strum Acoustic GS-1, offering the virtual guitar instrument from Applied Acoustics Systems at a 50% discount for a limited time.
Strum Acoustic GS-1 is a synthesizer dedicated to the emulation of acoustic guitars. The synthesizer is entirely based on the A|A|S physical modeling technology and uses no sampling nor wave tables. Instead it produces sound by solving, on the fly, mathematical equations modeling the different components of a guitar and how they interact. This elaborate synthesis engine responds dynamically to the control signals it receives while you play thereby reproducing the richness and responsiveness of real instruments.
Strum Acoustic GS-1 features
- Audio bit-depth and sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- MIDI and host automation support.
- MIDI Program Change support.
- Host tempo synchronization.
- Standalone operation—no host application required.
Strum Acoustic GS-1 is available from Plugin Boutique at a 50% discount until June 9th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Strum Acoustic GS-1
Best Sample Libraries has launched Ravish Sitar Electric Guitar Solos and Chords, a sample library by Tonahang.
Ravish Sitar Electric Guitar Solos and Chords features more than 1.5 hours of 90, 100, 110, 130, 132, 133, 140, 150, 160, 170 and 180 BPM, 24-bit mono, 44.100 Hz WAV samples of electric guitar played with an Electroharmonix Ravish Sitar pedal sitar emulator.
This recording was not edited, samples are not converted in those typical ready to cook packs. Recording is sorted to different tempos order. You are welcome to edit those takes by yourself in a way it fits your sampler or DAW. At background of solos you can hear some soft almost unhearable percussion loop. It will help you to put those ravish sitar tracks to perfectly fit your track.
The library is available for purchase for $19.99 USD / 14.99 EUR.
More information: Ravish Sitar Electric Guitar Solos and Chords
Sample Magic has announced the release of Garage House and Acoustic Pop Guitars, two new sample packs.
Brandy and cokes, no hats, no hoods! It’s UK garage vibes in the latest underground outing from SM White Label. Locked and loaded with trademark shuffling beats, soulful vocals, funky basslines and classic keys, Garage House is a 590MB homage to the genre’s 90s roots.
The collection is divided into folders of 124 and 130bpm and all loops are tempo-labeled and key-labeled where applicable.
A melting pot of country, folk, pop, rock, indie and latin influences, Acoustic Pop Guitars serves up a versatile selection of memorable song-starting riffs loaded with catchy pop sensibilities.
Created by the same talented team behind Disco & Funk Guitars and Chillwave Guitars, the collection delivers a diverse selection of rich timbres, warm character and emotive moods. Created using a number of classic acoustics – including a Martin DC-16RGTE – the loops have been lovingly recorded using classic mics for a truly authentic studio sound.
Garage House is available for purchase for £16.90 GPB; the Acoustic Pop Guitars pack is £14.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic