Incident has posted a video of a live performance with the gTar app-enabled smart guitar in Ableton Live.
Are you curious to see some more technical capabilities of the gTar? We’ve made this video to demo some of the versatility the our Ableton Remote Scripts and the gTar’s ability to track note input!
First, we highlight the different functionalities of the gTar when it is paired with Live via these scripts. Then we show you how easy it is to toggle between and play different instruments using only the gTar. Finally, we use one of the patches and some other clips (all of which except for the drums were recorded using the gTar) to create a short improvisational performance.
The Ableton Remote Scripts for gTar are available to download here.
The gTar is available to purchase for $399 USD.
More information: Incident Technologies gTar
Prime Loops has announced the release of Guitar Producer, a new bundle deal featuring a collection of 1.8 GB+ of guitar sample and loops.
If you’re looking for a diverse selection of 6-string sounds without working your fingers to the bone, get your hands on our latest collection of prime sample content, ‘Guitar Producer’ Bundle Deal! Peek inside and you’ll find an epic array of home grown tones that are guaranteed to add some Rock & Pop melody to your tracks!
Mixing together no less than 6 strumming sample packs from amidst our bulging catalogue, you’ll find sonic inspiration in the form of epic pop guitars, crisp clean acoustic chords, electrified solos, melodic patterns, smooth progressions and all the organic tones you need for your Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock & more!
The bundle is available to purchase for £49.95 GBP.
More information: Prime Loops / Guitar Producer
Dream Audio Tools has launched Indie Fingers Volume 3: Rhythmic Mayhem, a new Kontakt instrument library featuring fully playable electric guitar rhythmic Patterns and figures.
Indie Fingers Volume Three: Rhythmic Mayhem introduces a comprehensive array of rhythmic guitar patterns, multiple techniques (unmuted and different palm mute), which can be played in a piano-like form allowing the musicians to create and play their own lines, chords, intervals.
All provided in a modular asset where all the patches can be combined/layered creating infinite combinations of guitar arrangements and riffs.
Rhythmic Mayhem features
- Tempo synced.
- All samples 24 bit 48 Khz.
- True analog chain and boutique pedals used, in order to offer a most autentic tone.
- All patches and Multi’s are fully playable, create your own melodies, chords, intervals and riffs/licks.
- All patches can be combined for unlimited combinations and arrangements.
- 18 main patches and 54 effected variations.
- 10 “one key” multis .nkm, featuring layered sequences.
- 1,24 Gigabytes of recorded material.
- Sequenced Patches are provided both in full and half tempo.
- Low memory usage, Laptop ready.
- Designed effect variations activable (Distortion, Delay, 8bit reduction, Reverb).
- Modulation wheel controlled slicer for more rhythmic combinations.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of 24.90 EUR. Requires Kontakt 4.2.3 or above, full version.
More information: Dream Audio Tools
Producer Loops has launched Pop Guitars Vol 3, a sample library featuring a collection of guitar loops by Simon Rudd.
‘Pop Guitars Vol 3′ is the third awesome pack in this exciting series of versatile guitar loops recorded in LA and mixed and mastered in the United Kindom for Producer Loops by Simon Rudd of “The Fliptones”. This amazing series brings you REAL guitars designed for producers of modern Pop and commercial music.
Nothing beats the sound of a REAL guitar and the amazingly talented guitarist used in this production is one of the TOP session guitarists in LA.
‘Pop Guitars Vol 3′ brings you a selection of riffs that come in a variety of keys, with both dry and FX loops included. There’s also a bonus folder containing drum loops and other FX to add some flavour and excitement to your next Pop hit.
The sample library costs £24.95 GBP.
More information: Producer Loops / Pop Guitars Vol 3
Samplephonics has released Acoustic Soul Sessions, a collection of guitar loops.
Acoustic Soul Sessions contains a stunning collection of beautiful acoustic guitar loops, recorded through a vintage analogue chain and expertly played by session guitarist Chris Sharkey. This guy knows a thing or two about how to play the guitar!
The sample library pack contains over 250 loops and samples in 24 Bit wav, split over 5 tempos from 70bpm to 120bpm, in a variety of laid back styles, perfect for soulful rnb, singer songwriter, folk, chillout, hip hop and pop. Samples are grouped together so they can be easily layered, or used individually as required.
The sample library costs £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Acoustic Soul Sessions
Kuassa has released a Rack Extension version of Amplifikation Creme, a guitar amp simulation.
It features a digitally engineered head and matching cabinet with built-in overdrive sections, based on three legendary overdrive pedals, giving you full control of intense, dynamic, harmonically-rich distortion.
Kuassa Amplifikation Creme is a definite must-have addition for fans of the Amplifikation Vermilion. Distinguished by its darker, fuller, and heavier tone, akin to high-end high-gain tube guitar amplifiers, Creme’s three amp types and channels will bring you closer to the end of your search for the perfect tone.
Amplifikation Creme features
- Built-in overdrive section with 3 selectable types.
- 3 amp types: Sharp FMV, Full Midtone Baxandall, and Big Heavy.
- 3 selectable channels: Clean, Lead I, and Lead II with a fuller bottom-end.
- 5 types of 4×12 cabinets with 4 microphones.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter.
- CV inputs for Global input-output, noise gate, FX, and amp.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface.
The Amplifikation Creme Rack Extension costs 32 EUR.
More information: Kuassa / Amplifikation Creme
Ample Sound has released version 1.2.5 of the AGM, AGT & AGL, version 1.3.5 of AGP, and version 1.1.5 of the AGML Ample Guitar plug-ins.
Changes in Ample Guitar
- Improved guitar doubling effects, more humanized.
- Fixed the bug where the sequencer stops playing when DAW is loop playing.
- Added a function that enables the pitch wheel to control/pitch bend a designated note when multiple notes are sounding.
- Fixed a sound glitch (white noise bug) occurred in strum mode, when the chord defining notes and strumming notes are triggered simultaneously.
- Updated Ample Guitar Standalones to 1.1.0; refined Audio/MIDI settings UI; supported user-defined tempo in standalones; supported ASIO devices on Windows.
- Fixed a pitch wheel offset bug which used to happen in AGF, AGG and AGP during automation.
The updates are available to Ample Guitar customers in their MyAmpleSound accounts.
More information: Ample Sound
The Drum Broker has announced Bars, Keys & Anomalies, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The success of the Unkempt Breaks inspired a lot of this work, but with a different spin…added notes, melodies, grooves, riffs and such by way of a vintage drum kit, live bass and electric guitar, vibraphone, and Fender Rhodes 73. The entire experience was captured and condensed to show the details of the creation process. Peepeth!
The groove, styles, and feel of the late 60′s & early 70′s was at the forefront of the recording and mixing process. The “Bars, Keys, and Anomalies” recording chain consisted of an Avantone CV-12 through Universal Audio 8110 preamps through an SSL Duality for the majority of the recording. The sample pack is full of both warmth and dirt; ready to hit your sampler!
Bars, Keys & Anomalies features
- 48k/24bit recorded Live Drums, Bass, Fender Rhodes 73, Vibraphone and Electric Guitar.
- Vintage one-mic technique used with an Avantone CV-12 during most of the recording.
- Composed with the grooves, styles, and feel of the late 60′s and early 70′s soul.
- Uncompressed, multi-tracked .wav files for optimal mixing/mastering.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs including; Ableton Live, Apple Logic, ProTools,FLStudio,Propellerheads Reason, etc.
- Compatible with all hardware samplers that accept the WAV file format; Maschine, Akai MPC samplers, Roland MV8000, Yamaha samplers, etc.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD. It is also available bundled with The Unkempt Breaks Collection at a 20% savings.
More information: Drum Broker / Bars, Keys & Anomalies