Scuffham Amps has released version 2.4 of S-Gear, a collection of guitar amps, speaker cabinets and effects for Windows and Mac.
S-Gear 2.4 includes the new Custom ’57 amp, an updated ProConvolver offering new cabinet models, updated impulse loader & several other improvements.
The Custom ’57 is the new amp in S-GEAR and is inspired by the favourite Tweed amps from the late ’50s. The control line-up is very simple and dialling in great vintage tones is effortless and fun.
In the speaker emulation section we’ve re-worked the ProConvolver interface with a new layout to improve usability and workflow. The first ‘in-house’ cabinet models include the popular EVM-12L and G12-65 speakers, as well as a Tweed Deluxe cabinet loaded with Celestion and Weber Alnico speakers making a great match for the Custom ’57.
A complete rework of the impulse response import process allows you to drag and drop multiple impulses to S-GEAR. It is now super-easy to import an entire set of Redwirez impulses.
S-Gear for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $99 USD (excluding sales tax/VAT).
More information: Scuffham Amps / S-Gear
In Session Audio has launched Latin Jazz Guitar, an electric guitar loop library sampled from Bossa, Samba and other styles of Latin music.
Latin Jazz Guitar is an electric guitar loop library designed to evoke the fire and passion that comes from Bossa, Samba and other styles of Latin music.
Mellow fingerstyle progressions, uptempo strummed rhythms, thumbed octave melodies and picked lead lines provide a wide range of compositional choices.
So whether it’s music for cocktails, dance, the pursuit or a moonlit walk on the beach, Latin Jazz Guitar is your companion.
Latin Jazz Guitar features
- The library is available in an “amped” or a “direct” (clean) version. Choose the “direct” version if you’d like to use amp simulation software (like Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc…).
- Approximately 615 MB for each “amped” version and format when uncompressed; inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- 360 parts, inclusive of the Bonus Set.
- Dry sound (no reverb). Kontakt users have a menu of reverb types and other effects that can be applied and modified.
- Custom Watermarked copy protection.
- Stereo 24-bit 44.1kHz (amped); Mono 24-bit 44.1kHz (direct/clean).
- Formats: Kontakt, Wav or Aiff.
The sample library is available in various formats starting at $69.99 USD. Kontakt format requires full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.
More information: In Session Audio / Latin Jazz Guitar
Positive Grid has released version 1.5 of BIAS, a custom app modeler app for iPad.
Insane is one of the new expansion packs for Positive Grid’s BIAS app.
Positive Grid expands the popular custom amp modeler with three new dedicated expansion packs: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Guitarists and bassists will now be able to add further customization to their BIAS preamp, power amp, and cabinet modules by tone styles: from glassy clean tone, to classic british crunch, to insanely saturated distortion.
BIAS includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Now, along with the new Glassy, Crunch, and Insane packs, BIAS also includes a new easy-to-use 8-band EQ with the purchase of any pack, as well as a new BIAS store and better JamUp integration –another Positive Grid app consisting of several multi effect stompboxes-. As always, user can share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
BIAS for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. The new in-app expansion packs are $9.99 USD each.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
db audioware has released version 1.1 of its Flying Haggis Guitar Amp app for iPad.
Flying Haggis is an all-original amp design with great tones, a nice selection of vintage fx, and a no nonsense interface with all the pick-up-and-play appeal of real hardware. There are no complex menus or screens to navigate. There are no in-app purchases or advertising to distract you. Just start up the app, plug in your guitar, and play.
Changes in Flying Haggis for iPad v1.1
- Added a ‘Flying Haggis’ preferences panel to the iOS Settings app, with the following features:
- Background audio (On/Off).
- Enable MIDI control (On/Off).
- Primary MIDI Channel Number (1-16).
- MIDI Bank/Preset Control (On/Off).
- Fixed bug in Audiobus implementation (did not work reliably when loaded into the effects slot).
- Improved sound quality when using a guitar interface which plugs into the 3.5mm headset socket.
- Display a warning message if Flying Haggis does not have permission to listen to the mic input on iOS7 (along with instructions on how to fix this in the Settings app)
Flying Haggis for iPad is available for purchase for $6.99 USD. The desktop version for Windows (VST/AU) and Mac is $49 USD.
More information: db audioware / Flying Haggis
Roland has introduced CUBE-10GX, a compact guitar amp with customizable tones via a free App for iOS and Android.
Compact, affordable, and equipped with built-in effects, the CUBE-10GX is perfect for beginning players or any guitarist looking for a small amp for practice, jamming, and recording.
The CUBE-10GX also offers a unique sound customization feature, allowing users to swap out different COSM amp types with the free CUBE KIT app running on their smart phone or tablet.
The CUBE-10GX is equipped with 10 watts of power and a custom-designed 8-inch speaker. Roland’s superior CUBE construction standard provides sound quality and durability that far exceeds other amps in its class, with rigid cabinetry, heavy-duty corner protectors, and more.
- Compact 10-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 8-inch speaker.
- Three preset COSM amp types: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Replace preset amps with custom COSM amps via the free CUBE KIT app for iOS and Android devices.
- Three onboard effects: chorus, delay, and reverb (including plate and spring reverb types).
- Bass, Middle, and Treble tone controls.
- Rec Out/Phones jack provides high-quality direct tones for quiet practice and recording.
- Aux In jack for jamming with an external music player.
More information: Roland / CUBE-10GX
Positive Grid has introduced BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar-amp designer and modeler plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Available in VST, Audio Units, RTAS and AAX formats, BIAS Desktop features the most realistic modeler engine, Amp Matching (a pioneering first for DAW plug-ins), BIAS Expansion Packs and the ToneCloud preset-sharing platform. Amp Matching analyzes any live or recorded guitar tone and exactly recreates it within BIAS Desktop.
BIAS Desktop features
- BIAS — BIAS is an amp designer, modeler and processor that includes 36 of the most sought-after vintage and modern amps in rock ‘n’ roll history as a starting point for user customization. Users can modify these amps and virtually build their custom amps by swapping out the tubes, preamp, transformer, tone stacks, cab and mic to create their own distinctive signature sound. Users can also upload their amp creations to ToneCloud, BIAS’ own amp-sharing platform, to share their custom presets with other users.
- Amp Matching — Amp Matching allows musicians to instantly replicate any real amp tone in the world, right in their Mac or PC. Simply input signal from a miked amp or pre-recorded guitar track, and BIAS Desktop will invisibly insert additional processing into the signal path to make your current amp precisely match the tone of the inputted guitar signal. No other plug-in can do this. Once the tone is captured and replicated, the user can save it as a custom preset and share it with other musicians on Positive Grid’s proprietary social network, ToneCloud.
- Standard, Glassy, Crunch, and Insane — In addition to the industry-acclaimed BIAS Standard control modules, BIAS Desktop includes three new dedicated preamp and power amp modules optimized for various playing styles and tone: Glassy, Crunch, and Insane. Inside these new BIAS Expansion Pack modules, the controls for each preamp, power amp, cabinet and EQ module are tailored specifically to these three fresh styles, providing users with even more precise amp customization.
- ToneCloud — ToneCloud is a proprietary social-networking platform that allows musicians to create, share and download over 10,000 custom BIAS amps, including those created and uploaded by signature recording artists. With BIAS Desktop, guitarists can share every possible amp tone, including those created using the new BIAS Expansion Packs and Matched Amps.
BIAS Desktop is schedule for release in Q3 2014. Positive Grid currently invites experienced and talented individuals to join them in shaping this project and give early feedback prior to the product’s release.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS Desktop
Prime Loops has launched Mosh-Pit Guitars, a sample pack featuring 190+ metal inspired guitar riffs, melodic leads, distorted powerchords, uplifting chord progressions and piercing squeals.
Get your tracks ready for the mosh-pit! With Prime Loops’ very latest kick-ass Guitar Sample Pack “Mosh-Pit Guitars”, specifically written, played, recorded and engineered for music producers looking to inject some serious metal power into their productions!
With 7 folders of super-versatile guitar content, ranging from a dance compatible 120BPM, over a trap-a-licious 140BPM, all the way up to a D&B friendly 180BPM “Mosh-Pit Guitars” is the perfect crossover tool kit!
Riffing in with over 300MB of incendiary content fresh from the fingers of Prime Loops’ very own guitar hero Jonas Hörnqvist, “Mosh-Pit Guitars” will shred through any mix, leaving a jagged wake of chugging palm-muted riffs, intricate leads, distorted powerchords, uplifting chord progressions and piercing squeals.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £14.95 GBP.
For a limited time, a free copy of Heavy Impacts is included with a purchase of Mosh-Pit Guitars.
More information: Prime Loops / Mosh-Pit Guitars