Best Service has released Gu Zheng, a virtual gu zheng instrument by Yellow River Sound.
Gu Zheng is one of the most beautiful, traditional Chinese instruments with a history of more than 2000 years. The modern Gu Zheng is a Chinese plucked zither equipped with 21 strings and movable bridges. Basic playing styles include plucking at the right porti on and pressing at the left portion to produce pitch ornamentations as well as tremolo. Yellow River Sound´s Gu Zheng is produced by Zhang Jian (China Conservatory of Music) & Ma Jing (ADSH) in cooperation with Best Service. For the first time, a Chinese instrument was sampled with great care by local Chinese music producers, who have a natural understanding of their culture and a sole passion to express the true quality of Chinese instruments.
Using the Best Service ENGINE sample player technology, this virtual instrument offers more detailed articulations than ever. Its freshness and elegance reflects the preserved spirit in Chinese culture. While many virtual instruments are involved in the loudness war, YRS Gu Zheng’s low velocity samples allow you to experience the sound of silence, nevertheless, its wide dynamic range also provides punchy impact. With the release of YRS Gu Zheng and more instruments to follow, Chinese instruments will no longer be a sub-category in your ethno library. Long hidden treasures will be rediscovered. Just listen to the demos, they are pure MIDI arrangements and experience the virtual Gu Zheng you’ve always dreamed of!
Gu Zheng features
- 1.6GB sample library, multi samples on every single velocity layer.
- Most detailed articulations never available before, up to 5 velocity layers, 3 different tempos of bend up/down etc.
- Sampled from a famous, custom design Gu Zheng.
- Recorded at the China Conservatory of Music using Direct Stream Digital Technology and 5 microphone positions.
- 24bit / 44.1kHz sample playback.
- One shot single notes on most layers, emulate the real performance.
- MIDI files and audio phrases included.
Yellow River Sound Gu Zheng is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS), priced at 119 EUR.
More information: Best Service / Gu Zheng
Myst Sonic has announced the release of Ryan Cheng’s Guzheng Collection (Steel), the debut in the new Private Collection Series of authentic traditional Chinese instruments.
As a senior Guzheng professor, Ryan Cheng has been spending years researching and developing the best possible timber harmonic structure for the Guzheng instrument. The 21 steel string piece is one of Mr. Cheng’s favorite from the collection. Steel strings Guzhengs are very rare today which makes this instrument special. It also has a unique body structure unlike other GuZhengs. Similar to high quality acoustic guitar models, steel strings need excellent timber structure to harmonize with. The sound board part of this GuZheng is made from 30 years old natural Pawlownia Elongat wood and the bodysides are made from ancient red wood.
It is basically constructed by Mr. Ryan Cheng as a technical adviser. With his help, the instrument controls is programmed in fully humanise realist feel and very easy to learn how to control.
Ryan Cheng’s Guzheng (Steel) Collections features
- Over 2.3 GB Library includes 3 patch sets with different styles of GuZheng 21 Steel Strings samples.
- Pick style with Harmonic
- Thumb style with Harmonic
- Thumb+Pick style with Harmonic (thumb as left hand and pick as right hand)
- Advanced round robin control, includes random play and keymap switches.
- Virtual pitch bending system, simulate different kinds of string bending techniques.
- Intelligent dual tremolo key system, trigger key can be used as a tremolo note.
- Multi-sampled recordings include sound hole samples, L&R samples, dual pick direction samples.
- Convenient controls learning definition system, assign trigger keys/controller with ease.
- 24bit/48Khz sample resolution, ver 2.2.1 is available.
Ryan Cheng’s Guzheng Collections (Steel) is available to purchase for 67 EUR.
More information: Myst Sonic / Ryan Cheng’s Guzheng Collections
Myst Sonic has released Chinese Zither-GuZheng, a sample library for Kontakt featuring a high quality wooden-type class Chinese Zither-GuZheng instrument.
Chinese Zither-GuZheng is an ancient Chinese plucking style instrument used since more than 2500 years ago. It is different from the Japanese Koto in that it has more strings and sound range, and has a larger wooden body. Because of its classic wooden harmonic structure, its sound is similar to a harp, but has even more lucidity and clarity.
Chinese Zither-GuZheng features
- 24Bit 48HZ hight class type GuZheng recording with sample size fully optimised to save system resource while maintaining studio quality performance.
- Multi body part and velocity layer sample take include bridge tone, body tone, and sound hole tones.
- Just uni patch for multiple function control availably.
- Assignable controller for realtime keymap switch between bridge tone and body tone.
- Simulate Chinese Zither tremolo plucking technique trigger by midi keyboard.
- Tremolo expression control by mod wheel.
- Additional assignable controller for tremolo expression control.
- Pick direction change control. ( when mod wheel value > 0, forward -> backward -> forward -> backward…..)
- Each notes pitch changes independently under Virtual Bending Pitch Wheel System filter structure.
Chinese Zither-GuZheng is available for purchase now for 49 EUR.
Visit Myst Sonic for more information and audio demos.