Propellerhead has announced Polar, a new Rack Extension audio effect to be available at the launch of the next versions of Reason and Reason Essentials later this month.
Reason gets a dual pitch shifter with Propellerhead’s new Rack Extension Polar.
Polar is an old school harmonizing and pitch-shifter effect with a host of modern tricks up its sleeves. Designed for classic harmonizing, stereo widening, and real-time pitch shifting, Polar also invites users to experiment with buffer looping and audio freezing to create otherworldly effects.
Consisting of selectable dual pitch-shifters with classic, smooth and looping algorithms, Polar is created for singers, producers, guitarists and remixers looking for transparent pitch-shifting as well as creative ways of turning bland recordings into wide, evolving soundscapes. The built-in LFOs, auto-panning, envelope and buffer lock provide further sound sculpting possibilities, while delay and feedback turns single-note recordings into arpeggios.
Polar will be released simultaneously with version 6.5 of Reason and version 1.5 of Reason Essentials Q2 2012, at a price of $69 USD / 55 EUR.
More information: Propellerhead Software / Polar
Eventide has announced Blackhole and H3000 Factory Ultra-Harmonizer, two new native effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The H3000 Factory Ultra-Harmonizer native plug-in is a powerful harmony plug-in that gives you the sound of Eventide’s Mod Factory 1 and 2, as well as their Patch Factory algorithms from the venerable H3000 D/SE. It includes all original presets, plus many new ones, including presets by Richard Devine.
H3000 Factory Ultra-Harmonizer features
- The sound of the H3000D/SE rack processor in a native plug-in format.
- Eventide’s Mod Factory 1, Mod Factory 2, and Patch Factory algorithms built in.
- Includes all original presets, plus new presets from Richard Devine.
The Blackhole plug-in is based on Eventide’s Space Blackhole effects pedal. It offers a wide range of musical delay effects that you can use on a variety of sources.
- Delay and spacial effects plug-in based on the Space Blackhole guitar effects pedal.
- Offers a variety of creative delay and modulation effects.
- Three different footswitch style toggles let you bypass, kill, and freeze the effect.
The H3000 and Blackhole plug-ins for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) are scheduled for release in March, and will be available to purchase at an introductory price of $149 USD and $99 USD respectively (50% off regular).
More information: Eventide
Little Endian has updated the SpectrumWorx sound mangler for Windows and Mac to version 2.6.
This version adds frequency range, gain and dry/wet controls to each module separately, all available from the main plug-in window. This addition significantly increases usability and makes the plug-in capable of producing subtle sound effects easier. Both OS versions have been updated with significant performance improvements.
SpectrumWorx 2.6 features
- 100% Frequency domain operation.
- Modular design with five module slots.
- Over fifty modules to choose from (freeze, harmonizer, pitch shifter, classic vocoder, wah-wah, whisperer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, etc.).
- Sophisticated “time-to-frequency” engine optimized for low CPU usage.
- Flexible Preset browser with comment field.
- Shipped with over 250 presets.
- Free or tempo-synchronised LFOs with phase adjustment and 11 waveforms.
- External audio input for inter-sample effects.
- Slick and user-friendly GUI.
- Detailed User’s Guide.
SpectrumWorx for Windows and Mac (VST) is avaialble to purchase for $119 USD (single platform) / $149 USD (cross-platform).
More information: Little Endian
VirSyn has updated KLON, the vocal designer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The heart of the vocal designer plugin KLON is a harmonic pitch shifter for natural pitch and formant manipulation of vocal sounds in realtime.
KLON takes your voice and adds up to 16 different copies of your voice in realtime. This lays the ground for an impressive amount of applications like:
- Choir generator
- Voice doubler
- Change voice’s gender
- Pitch corrector
- Extreme voice manipulation
New in KLON v1.1
- VST3 / VST2.4: 64-bit version for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- VST3: AI Knob Interface integrated.
- and many bugfixes.
KLON is available to purchase for the introductory price fo 99 EUR until December 31st, 2011. The upgrade to KLON v1.1 is free of charge for users of KLON.
More information: VirSyn / KLON
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Nov 11, 2011
IK Multimedia has released VocaLive for iPad, the first professional vocal live performing and recording processor for the iPad.
Singers and songwriters will have a suite of 5 dedicated real-time vocal effects (pitch correction, choir harmonizer, voice doubler, vocal morpher and de-esser) plus 7 effects tailored to vocal processing (reverb, EQ, compressor, delay, envelope filter, chorus, phazer) that can be combined on a 4-processor vocal rig chain. VocaLive also includes dozens of presets to help you get up and running in seconds.
With the VocaLive app you can record (single or multi-track), sing along with your iPod song library (with voice cancel included), and warm up with the included vocal tools giving you the most complete, portable vocal solution.
VocaLive can be used with the built-in iPad microphone, earbuds with built-in mic, or for the best results, with IK’s new iRig Mic. VocaLive is the most portable and powerful vocal processing tool always available at your fingertips on your iPad.
- Real time vocal processor + recording app.
- 4-processor vocal rig chain.
- 12 professional studio quality vocal effects.
- Single-track Recorder expandable to a full 8-track recording studio available for in-app purchase.
- Import and play songs for use as backing tracks directly from your iPod library or computer.
- Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings.
- 50 factory Presets included with 40 Favorites for fast recall.
- Number of user Presets limited only by device memory.
- Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools.
- Low-latency for real time vocal processing.
VocaLive for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR. A free version is also available, and new effects can be added starting from $2.99 USD / 2.39 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / VocaLive for iPad
The Sound Guy has released Spectral Machine, a frequency-domain plug-in featuring a wide range of unique spectral effects.
Spectral Machine™ is an advanced frequency-domain multi-effects plug-in. Like SFX Machine, Spectral Machine wraps a great deal of power and flexibility inside an easy-to-use interface.
But unlike time-domain plug-ins like SFX Machine, Spectral Machine starts by converting the audio into the frequency domain using a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). This gives us direct access to the signal’s frequency spectrum, enabling a number of effects that simply would not be possible in the time domain.
Spectral Machine features
- General Purpose Effects
- Delay Spectral Bands – Apply separate delays to different spectral bands, with individual control over the amount of feedback in each band!
- Spectral Freeze – Click the “Fire” button to freeze the sound, which then decays at different rates for high and low frequencies. Click the “Reset” button to unfreeze.
- Sample & Hold – Similar to Spectral Freeze, but it automatically retriggers at a specified interval.
- 3 AM – A tremolo effect with individual control over the modulation rate and depth in three frequency bands.
- 3-Band Filter – Precise control over the gain in three user-selected frequency bands.
- Spectral Peak/Notch – Lets you boost or attenuate an arbitrarily narrow frequency band around a specified frequency.
- Oscillating Peak/Notch – Interesting peak/notch effect with an oscillating center frequency.
- Monophonic Effects (for monophonic sources such as solo voice, clarinet, sax, etc.)
- Pitch Shift – Frequency-domain transposition with timbre preservation.
- Harmonize – Multiple transposition with timbre preservation
- Pitch Quantizer – Nudge each note to the nearest semitone, for pitch correction or to create an interesting vocal effect.
- Pitch Isolate –Isolates the tonal portion from the rest of the sound.
- Sine / Noise – Gives you independent control over the sinusoidal and noise/transient portions of the sound.
- Spectral Shapeshifter – Lets you change the shape of vocal formants (spectral envelope) without affecting the pitch.
- Vibrato – Frequency-modulates only the sinusoidal component.
- Robotization – Changes the pitch to a fixed frequency for a robotic effect.
Spectral Machine for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $75 USD excl. VAT.
More information: The Sound Guy / Spectral Machine