VirSyn has updated KLON, the vocal designer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The heart of the vocal designer plugin KLON is a harmonic pitch shifter for natural pitch and formant manipulation of vocal sounds in realtime.
KLON takes your voice and adds up to 16 different copies of your voice in realtime. This lays the ground for an impressive amount of applications like:
- Choir generator
- Voice doubler
- Change voice’s gender
- Pitch corrector
- Extreme voice manipulation
New in KLON v1.1
- VST3 / VST2.4: 64-bit version for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- VST3: AI Knob Interface integrated.
- and many bugfixes.
KLON is available to purchase for the introductory price fo 99 EUR until December 31st, 2011. The upgrade to KLON v1.1 is free of charge for users of KLON.
More information: VirSyn / KLON
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Nov 11, 2011 - 0 comments
IK Multimedia has released VocaLive for iPad, the first professional vocal live performing and recording processor for the iPad.
Singers and songwriters will have a suite of 5 dedicated real-time vocal effects (pitch correction, choir harmonizer, voice doubler, vocal morpher and de-esser) plus 7 effects tailored to vocal processing (reverb, EQ, compressor, delay, envelope filter, chorus, phazer) that can be combined on a 4-processor vocal rig chain. VocaLive also includes dozens of presets to help you get up and running in seconds.
With the VocaLive app you can record (single or multi-track), sing along with your iPod song library (with voice cancel included), and warm up with the included vocal tools giving you the most complete, portable vocal solution.
VocaLive can be used with the built-in iPad microphone, earbuds with built-in mic, or for the best results, with IK’s new iRig Mic. VocaLive is the most portable and powerful vocal processing tool always available at your fingertips on your iPad.
- Real time vocal processor + recording app.
- 4-processor vocal rig chain.
- 12 professional studio quality vocal effects.
- Single-track Recorder expandable to a full 8-track recording studio available for in-app purchase.
- Import and play songs for use as backing tracks directly from your iPod library or computer.
- Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings.
- 50 factory Presets included with 40 Favorites for fast recall.
- Number of user Presets limited only by device memory.
- Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools.
- Low-latency for real time vocal processing.
VocaLive for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR. A free version is also available, and new effects can be added starting from $2.99 USD / 2.39 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / VocaLive for iPad
The Sound Guy has released Spectral Machine, a frequency-domain plug-in featuring a wide range of unique spectral effects.
Spectral Machine™ is an advanced frequency-domain multi-effects plug-in. Like SFX Machine, Spectral Machine wraps a great deal of power and flexibility inside an easy-to-use interface.
But unlike time-domain plug-ins like SFX Machine, Spectral Machine starts by converting the audio into the frequency domain using a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). This gives us direct access to the signal’s frequency spectrum, enabling a number of effects that simply would not be possible in the time domain.
Spectral Machine features
- General Purpose Effects
- Delay Spectral Bands – Apply separate delays to different spectral bands, with individual control over the amount of feedback in each band!
- Spectral Freeze – Click the “Fire” button to freeze the sound, which then decays at different rates for high and low frequencies. Click the “Reset” button to unfreeze.
- Sample & Hold – Similar to Spectral Freeze, but it automatically retriggers at a specified interval.
- 3 AM – A tremolo effect with individual control over the modulation rate and depth in three frequency bands.
- 3-Band Filter – Precise control over the gain in three user-selected frequency bands.
- Spectral Peak/Notch – Lets you boost or attenuate an arbitrarily narrow frequency band around a specified frequency.
- Oscillating Peak/Notch – Interesting peak/notch effect with an oscillating center frequency.
- Monophonic Effects (for monophonic sources such as solo voice, clarinet, sax, etc.)
- Pitch Shift – Frequency-domain transposition with timbre preservation.
- Harmonize – Multiple transposition with timbre preservation
- Pitch Quantizer – Nudge each note to the nearest semitone, for pitch correction or to create an interesting vocal effect.
- Pitch Isolate –Isolates the tonal portion from the rest of the sound.
- Sine / Noise – Gives you independent control over the sinusoidal and noise/transient portions of the sound.
- Spectral Shapeshifter – Lets you change the shape of vocal formants (spectral envelope) without affecting the pitch.
- Vibrato – Frequency-modulates only the sinusoidal component.
- Robotization – Changes the pitch to a fixed frequency for a robotic effect.
Spectral Machine for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $75 USD excl. VAT.
More information: The Sound Guy / Spectral Machine
Johan Looijenga has released version 2 of his MIDI real‐time Harmonizer, a MIDI-based harmonizer software application for Windows and Mac.
The MIDI real-time Harmonizer will take input notes via MIDI and generate 4-note chords that can be harmonized towards any key and scale. The result is send out to a physical or virtual MIDI port in real-time to drive any host plugin synths or external synths. In the MIDI real-time Harmonizer you can program 8 different chords that will be played one at a time, each time you play a note. The MIDI real-time Harmonizer can then harmonize these chords towards any key and/or scale in real-time. By designating a special (lower) keyboard area to be used as key switches, you can switch to have all generated notes harmonized towards a particular programmable key/scale as you play. You can also play a chromatic above/below or below/above approach in your solo line to switch key/scale harmonizing in real-time.
The MIDI real-time Harmonizer allows you to play a solo line with additional note harmonics generated in real-time that will always fit to the right key and scale at the right moment. The application is designed with the performing musician in mind.
MIDI real‐time Harmonizer 2 features
- Individual notes can trigger chords containing up to 4 notes.
- More than one note can be played at the same time, triggering multiple (harmonized) chords.
- Chords are automatically transposed depending on note played.
- Rotation through in total 8 chords triggered by every note played.
- Possibility to define velocity offset for chord notes and decrease number of chord notes to 3, 2 or 1.
- Force/harmonize chords to fit within a certain key and scale including tensions.
- Bypass as well as key/scale forcing/harmonizing can be switched on/off from any keyboard/controller.
- Real-time switching of key/scale using key switches in lower keyboard area.
- 12 key switches with any key/scale can be programmed within each preset.
- Real-time switching of key/scale by using chromatic above/below or below/above approach.
- MIDI in ports, MIDI out ports, MIDI out channel can be set.
- 128 presets can be saved, MIDI program change recognition.
MIDI real‐time Harmonizer 2 is available to purchase as a standalone (Max/MSP) application for PC and Mac, priced at 29.95 EUR excl. VAT.
More information: MIDI real‐time Harmonizer 2