Impact Soundworks has released Highland Harps, a new Plectra Series sample library featuring a collection of stringed instruments.
Continuing our Plectra Series of plucked, picked and strummed string instruments from around the world comes this collection of traditional folk harps!
Featuring the lyre, lap harp, and celtic harp, this KONTAKT 4 sample library evokes images of the Irish countryside, Appalachian splendor, tall tales and a heart mug of mead beside a crackling fire. The intimate, close-miced sound is ideal for traditional, folk, medieval and Renaissance music as well as modern scores in any number of styles.
Highland Harps features
- Lyre, celtic harp and lap harp recorded across 14 ‘Natural’ patches.
- 2.28gb of NCW-compressed samples.
- Dry, intimate recordings suitable for a variety of styles.
- Plucks, hammered playing, harmonics.
- Traditional bow and ebowed, percussion and glissandi.
- 10 ‘Designed’ patches with pads/ambiance and plucked-style sounds.
- Scripted interface for easy tweaking, effects and humanization.
- Kontakt 4+ format.
The sample library is available to purchase for $49 USD. A bundle of Plectra Series 1 (8-string Acoustic Bouzouki) and 2 costs $79 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks / Highland Harps
Loopmasters has introduced Celtic Harp, a “World String Series” sample library by EarthMoments.
Enchanting and magical, this beautiful multi-stringed instrument can sound sweet or powerful depending on the strings used. Today, most harpers prefer nylon strings instead of wire.
Without any digital inputs, the Celtic Harp Bundle is a boutique collection of acoustic samples performed by master harper Tomer Bahar.
Celtic Harp features
- 778 MB content, 24-bit quality.
- Includes 117 Celtic Harp Chords, 41 120BPM Cm Loops, 30 65BPM Dm Loops, 23 65BPM Gm Loops, 57 FreeTempo Eb Loops, 21 90BPM FX Loops, 5 120BPM FX Loops, 22 90BPM D Melodyline Harmonic Minor Loops, 27 90BPM Dm Melodyline Loop.
- The royalty free recordings are optimised with the closest attention to detail and have been recorded using tube Pre-Amps and Mics on 96kHz.
The sample pack is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / EarthMoments Celtic Harp
Sonokinetic has announced Nevel, a Biblical Harp sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This instrument has been around for centuries. It is, without a doubt, one of the first instruments crafted by human beings. Built as an instrument to inspire and devote people to their God, this is one of the truly mystical instruments. It’s sounds will teleport you to ancient times, to the cradle of the first civilizations where music was part of the ‘divine’.
- 1.2 GB sample pool, 600+ samples.
- Chromatic and Historical biblical tuning.
- 4 Articulations selectable from UI or keyswitch: plucked, fingered, tempo-synced runs and FX.
- 3 band EQ adjustment.
- Custom Impulse Response reverb setting with adjustable size and wet/dry.
- Multiple velocity layers (up to 9 for each string).
- 3 x Round Robin.
- Sample envelope controls – attack, delay & release.
- Custom designed interface.
- Programmed by Blake Robinson.
- Open Kontakt format for complete user customisation.
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
- Nevel Reference document (PDF).
Nevel is available to purchase for 29.90 EUR.
More information: Sonokinetic / Nevel
The Producers Choice has announced the release of Infectious Harp Loops, a new sample library.
The Producers Choice have released a mini-collection of harp loops, aimed at music producers who are lacking inspiration and want a quick creative injection.
Infectious Harp Loops features
- 17 radio ready harp loops, crystal clear and worked with vintage audio gear.
- Inspiration right out of the box to make a hit record.
- BPM info included – just adjust your tempo, add your loop and you are set.
- Info on what ‘key’ the loop was recorded in – so you can easily add extra instrumentation and stay in key.
- WAV format – for use with virtually ANY music software, sampler or workstation.
- From beautiful, soft R&B loops, to gritty processed hard hip hop harp loops – it is all in here…
Infectious Harp Loops is available to purchase for the introductory price of $15 USD for the first week (50% off regular).
More information: The Producers Choice
Sonokinetic has released Arpeggio, a concert harp sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This instrument speaks to your imagination like no other. The beauty of the tone character is reflected in each composition. It’s enchanting, mysterious and mystical. Each time the concert Harp plays it brings orchestras, musical phrases and harmonic transitions to a creative peak. The large concert harp is one of our most favourite instruments, and we had this project on the top of our wish list. So be assured we put in our best effort to capture this instrument in a sample library at the highest possible quality, as you have grown to expect from Sonokinetic. The concert harp is a large and modern classical instrument, designed for classical (symphonic) music or played solo, as part of smaller chamber ensembles, and in cinematic orchestras.
It’s widely used in symphonic cinematic composition from smaller project to the largest imaginable John Williams scores. With a wide harmonic range and diversity in performance styles this instrument is converted into a very flexible, easy to use but diverse sampled instrument. With “Arpeggio” Sonokinetic brings the epic power of the Concert harp to your fingertips with a wide variety of multi layered instruments spanning from portato / staccato played to legato , flageolet, picked, bisbigliando and the highly popular press-de-table. Tempo synced scale runs and glissandi in all major, minor, diminished and pentatonic keys. With an all exclusive “Arpeggio”- only collection of HarpFX patches and a mind blowing user interface this instrument will not let you down. It will inspire you and your productions to reach new heights
- Base samples: 1 instrument patch containing the following playing styles: Short (one-hit), Long (sustain), Flageolet, Picked, Bisbigliando, Press de Table, FX Free Improv, FX Chord Improv, Glissandi in multiple styles, scales and keys.
- Single instrument for Kontakt 4.1 and higher with 4 panels – Main, IR, EQ & Credits.
- Tempo-synced runs (Up, Down and Up-Down).
- Convolution reverb applied to the multi instrument to represent the original acoustic space.
- Sonokinetic draggable IR space? design knob to allow dynamic assignment and configuration of the convolution effects.
- Dynamic sample loading & purging for efficient memory usage.
- Customisable keyswitching system to allow command of articulations in your compositions.
- Visual representation of current scale and key when playing glissandi.
- 1500+ samples. (3,97 GB sample content).
Arpeggio for Kontakt is available to purchase for 49.90 EUR.
More information: Sonokinetic / Arpeggio
, instrument plugins
, Speak and Spell
Posted in news
on Dec 08, 2010 - 0 comments
Necromare has released another batch of free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
New Necromare plugins
- Dante’s Power Chords – A simple collection of muted and open powerchords. The keys are velocity triggered for each sound. On either end of the keys you will find guitar sounds mixed with demonic growls.
- Deep Space Explorer – Great for space or ambient music this VST comes with instruments to make a complete song, all accessed via a drop down menu.
- Bang – a collection of everyday obects in a percussive form. Drum map for easy navigation included.
- Broken Toy – Old toy gets new life as circuit bent instrument.
- Jazz Trumpet – Great solo instrument in its own right. Velocity sensitive, including muted trumpet and fx.
- Bongoes – The lower registers are a set of dry bongos, the upper keys are wet.
- Celtic Harp – A very pretty version of this beatiful irish instrument. sound great with soom room reverb.
- Koto – This graceful instrument is reproduced here.
- Mandolin – Exotic instrument with a nice string sound. Try and replicating the style of this instrument warning: Keep the sustain low.
- Turntable – Recordings of various sounds from a turntable. Keyboard map included.
- The Audience – Foley sounds, including laughter, boos, stomps and cheering.
- Bent Furbie – Various bent phrases and effects scattered along the keyboard. Great if you into glitch or Bent music. The controls are represented as small dots.
- PONG! – the simple but memorable blip sound from the PONG arcade video game.
- Speak and Teach – 8 octaves of samples from speak and spell toys, great for dance, electro, art, industrial, glitch…
These Necromare plug-ins are available to download at no cost.
More information: Necromare
Precisionsound has announced the release of Indian Surmandal, a sample library for Kontakt, HALion, and EXS24.
“Surmandal” also known as “Swarmandal” is a small Indian harp. It is generally used to accompany vocalists playing arpeggios and notes with the right thumb in Hindustani Classical music.
The Surmandal was used in The Beatles songs “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” and “Within You Without You”, plucked with a guitar pick like we have done here with the “Indian Surmandal” SampleSet.
Indian Surmandal features
- 867 24bit WAV files.
- 16 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion, Logic EXS24, and NI Kontakt v1 and v2 + 2 program for NI Kontakt v3 and v4.
- Surmandal Plectrum — The “Surmandal” programs are the plectrum picked Surmandal from C1 to G4 with all notes and half notes sampled. The mappings are E2 to G5, the G5 is stretched to C6 and E2 is stretched down to C2. Every note has been sampled in 4 velocity layers and has 4 samples for every layer, these have been programmed as “round robin” for the Kontakt and EXS24 programs. The HALion programs have all samples mapped as velocity layers instead, a total of 16 velocity layers.
- Surmandal Thaats — A Thaat is a musical mode in Hindustani music which always has seven notes (excluding the repeated tonic) and is considered the basis for the system of organizing and classifying ragas in North Indian classical music. There are ten generally accepted Thaats, all included in the Indian Surmandal SampleSet: Bilawal, Khamaj, Kafi, Asavari, Bhairavi, Bhairav, Kalyan, Marwa, Purvi & Todi. These are strummed up/down in different speeds and also clusters of notes for each Thaat.
Indian Surmandal is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (DVD available for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Indian Surmandal