Precisionsound has released Meghan Celtic Harp, a sample library in HALion, Kontakt & SoundFont formats.
The MEGHAN Celtic Harp is the biggest and most resonant Celtic Harp in the “family” with 36 strings and a 5 octave range.
Meghan Celtic Harp features
- 6 octaves and in 4 effective velocity layers and sampled in discrete stereo (retuned harp for more samples).
- 8 programs for HALion, 10 programs (24bit) for NI Kontakt and 5 (16bit) SoundFont programs.
- 207 stereo WAV files.
The SoundFont version is compatible with Gigastudio, EXS24, NN-XT (Reason) and all SoundFont compatible samplers for both MAC and PC.
Meghan Celtic Harp is available as a download for $69 USD (all formats included), or on CD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Meghan Celtic Harp
Westgate Studios releases Rare Winds and Harps, two titles in the Modular Series 24 bit sample libraries for Kontakt 2 and Gigastudio.
Rare Winds includes the following instruments:
- Sopranino Recorder
- Soprano Recorder
- Alto Recorder
- Tenor Recorder
- Bass Recorder
- Soprano Ocarina
- Tenor Ocarina
- Penny Whistle
- Irish Whistle
You can check the various included playing styles here.
The Harps module features a Concert Harp and a Celtic Harp with single note samples and a large variety of glissando samples.
Rare Winds is available for $125 USD (DVD), while the Harps module costs $140 USD (DVD).
A download version of Rare Winds costs $70 USD (includes only Alto Recorder, Tenor Ocarina and Penny Whistle) and both the Concert Harp and Celtic Harp can be downloaded separately for $70 USD each.
Visit Westgate Studios for more information a
Always wanted to play laser harp like Jean Michel Jarre? You can build your own like Stephen Hobley did, but what if these DIY projects are a little too complicated for you?
The beamz Music Performance System is a laser-based music system similar to a laser harp.
Have you always wished you could play a musical instrument? Dreamed of being a music performer? Or aspired to create original music? Now you can make “music like magic” — with the beamz&trade Music Performance System. This extraordinary invention fuses the interaction of your hands with laser lights to create the sounds of hundreds of different musical instruments. The beamz lets music-lovers be musicians, arrangers and performers of rich, full, dynamic, wonderful-sounding music.
It looks like the software that comes with the beamz is limited to preset songs and sounds, with discordant chords and sour notes have been programmed out (eeks!), but perhaps you can hook the device up to 3rd party software as well.
The beamz Music Performance System features
- Extraordinary invention fuses the interaction of your hands with laser beams to create the sounds of hundreds of different instruments.
- Breaking the laser beams with your hands automatically generates pre-authored pulses, streams, riffs or loops of musical notes or sounds from a variety of instruments — all kinds of strings, keyboards, winds, percussion. Sophisticated high-fidelity sounds seem to pour off your fingertips like magic!
- Choose a complementary rhythm track from 30 original songs in 19 music genres, including jazz, bluegrass, classical, hip-hop, reggae, heavy metal and more.
- The beamz system has a “W” shape, with six laser beams spanning the two sections; connect via USB to your PC or laptop, then hook up some speakers and you’re ready to perform great-sounding music.
- Includes software CDs and USB cable for connecting directly to USB port of your PC or laptop.
The beamz can be ordered for $599.95 USD from The Sharper Image (first shipments arrive April 15, 2008). Not very cheap, but remember that a DIY typical build of a laser harp like Stephen Hobley’s could also set you back up to $600.
Thanks for the tip, Frank!
CineSamples has released CineHarp Glissandi, one of the most comprehensive harp glissandi sample libraries available today.
CineHarp Glissandi offers composers over 900 unique glissandi choices programmed in easilly accessible patches, in Gigastudio 3.0, Kontakt 2, and EXS24 formats.
CineHarp Glissandi features
- Five scale tunings in all keys: Major, Harmonic Minor, Whole Tone, Diminished Scale, Half Diminished
- Each scale tuning was sampled in a variety of glissandi styles with mod wheel controlling the length of glissando: Straight Up (Short, Medium, Long), Straight Down (Long), Swirled Up (Short, Medium, Long), Ad Lib (Gentle up/down, Swirly, w/ nail)
- Each glissandi style was sampled in forte and piano dynamics, controlled by velocity
- Over 900 samples, 44.1k/24-bit (Gigastudio 3.0, Kontakt 2, and EXS24)
CineHarp Glissandi is available for download and costs $79.95 USD.
Visit CineSamples for more information, audio demos and a link to download a demo version of CineHarp Glissandi.
Do Metallica and Harps go together? Sure, hence Harptallica, The All Harp Tribute to Metallica.
Harptallica – Harp ‘Em All (see this for reference)
From the website:
Harptallica began in early 2006 when Ashley Toman, a grad student at the Eastman School of Music, decided to arrange one Metallica song, “Fade to Black,” for two harps. Somehow this turned into 10 Metallica Songs and a CD which they recorded in November, 2006. The CD, titled “Harptallica,” will contain songs from “Ride the Lightning,” “Master of Puppets,” “…And Justice for All,” and “Metallica.” Right now the album layout and graphics are being designed by the lovely Patricia Kline.
Check the Harptallica website for some mp3 samples of their songs.
Link via Boing Boing
, bass guitar
, electric piano
, instrument plugins
, string instruments
Posted in news
on Jul 26, 2007 - 0 comments
SONiVOX MI has released new Downloadable Virtual Instruments (DVIs).
The DVI series products feature a large selection of affordably priced instruments and collections of instruments. SONiVOX DVI’s use TASCAM’s GVI sample playback technology.
Current DVI products include, Steel String and Nylon String Acoustic Guitars, multiple Drumkits, Basses, Electric Guitars, Harpsichord, Electric Pianos, Vintage Synths, Harp, Bagpipes, String Ensembles, Brass Ensembles.
The DVI titles are priced from $11.95 to $79.95 USD and are available for PC (Standalone, VSTi, RTAS-compatible). MAC compatibility is following in the fall.
Visit SONiVOX MI for more information and mp3 demos.