Tone2 has released version 2.2 of Gladiator, a virtual synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC and Mac.
Gladiator 2 gives you a groundbreaking approach to sound generation, while supporting an extensive list of synthesis methods, including Tone2’s award winning Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) HCM uses a large, expandable collection of standard and resynthesized waves, these waves can be modified in real time, altering their harmonic structure. The innovative HCM synthesis covers new and unique aural territory, only possible with Gladiator.
Changes in Gladiator v2.2
- New features
- Midi learn support
- Additional low pass filter: LP Superfat
- New modifier: ‘Time Delay’, delays an oscillator’s spectrum
- New modifier: ‘Pitch Harmonizer’, stacks up to 16 additional harmonics
- New modifier: ‘Pitch Octaver’, stacks up to 8 oscillators tuned in octaves
- Hotkey ‘m’ resets the mod matrix
- 35 additional new presets
- The interface now displays the user name above the preset browser
- Smoother analog like characteristic sound
- More punchy envelopes
- Chorus and ensemble have been replaced with analog modeled versions
- Moog filter now supports ‘self oscillation’ for high resonance
- Improved Comb filters
- Improved LP 12dB Analog, BP 12dB Analog and HP 12dB Analog filters
- Improved psychoacoustical processing
- Improved protection against corrupt installations, or registering with the wrong keyfile
- Changes and fixes
- Fixed: System freeze / crash happening with certain system configurations (PC)
- Fixed: User name was sometimes displayed incorrectly (Mac)
- ‘Comb1′, ‘Comb2′ filters have been renamed to ‘Comb+’ and ‘Double Comb’
- Fixed: a possible crash when Midi CC 121 was used
- Fixed: Two spectra were missing due to invalid filenames (Mac)
- Reworked factory presets to reflect engine quality improvements
Gladiator 2 is available as an instrument plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU) for €149 EUR / $189 USD.
More information: Tone2 / Gladiator 2
Tone2 has released version 1.10.2 of FireBird+, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
FireBird+ is not just another synthesizer, it uses Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) synthesis to provide a powerful, unique and innovative architecture for next-generation sounds, never heard before.
HCM synthesis combines standard and resynthesized waves, which can be modified in real time using various modifiers altering their harmonic structure.
Changes in FireBird+ v1.10.2
- 137 new presets programmed by Bastiaan van Noord (NoiseWorkx) and Bryan ‘Xenos’ Lee.
- Additional patterns for the ARP.
- Up and down arrow keys are now used for previous/next preset selection.
- Included a Spanish manual
- Improved performance and faster loading.
- Improved sound, smoother and more hardware like sound quality.
- More ‘punchy’ envelopes.
- Slightly reduced reverb mix for combi effects.
- Filter sweeps now sound cleaner.
- Improved host compatibility.
- Reduced CPU spikes.
- The installer now automatically detects the VST folder.
The v1.10.2. update is free for all FireBird+ users.
More information: Tone2 / FireBird+
Tone2 has released version 2.1 of Gladiator, a virtual instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac, supporting an exhaustive list of synthesis types.
Tone2 Gladiator 2 virtual synth gets new features, improvements and bug fixes
Changes in Gladiator v2.1
- 3 new phase modulators for analog sounding pulsewidth modulation: PWM, PWM alt, phase shift.
- Added song position sync support for LFO 1/2 (‘bpm’ has to be set to ‘on’ and ‘retrigger’ to ‘off’).
- Added split keyboard support; new modulation sources: Low keys, High keys.
- Added new ‘split’ arp mode which applies ARP on high keys only and leaves low keys for basses.
- 18 new factory sounds.
- Drastically improved low notes oscillator sound.
- Improved reverb sound: Softer and more diffuse reverb tails.
- Improved psychoacustical processing.
- Improved spectral slope of low frequencies to reduce gibbs effect for more ‘analog’ sound.
- Improved sound quality of intelligent microtuning (IQM): Warmer sound for long release times.
- Extended dB range of master volume knob.
- Reworked existing factory presets: Warmer sound.
- Faster loading time of PC full version.
- Demo version: Nag Voice only every 9 minutes instead of every minute.
- Improved host compatibility: Cubase 4 & 5, Orion, Fruity Loops, Logic.
- Fixed (PC): Wrong version number was displayed in Cubase.
- Fixed: Microglitch in volume envelope.
- Fixed (Full version, Mac): ‘Demoversion’ instead of user name was displayed for 2 seconds after loading.
- Fixed (PPC Mac): ‘Spec format’ and ‘Spec clean’ modifier could output silence.
- Fixed (FUll version, Mac): ‘save all’ could crash Gladiator2.
- Changed (Mac): Focus of mouseover when ‘show editor’ was set to ‘off’.
Gladiator 2 is available now as an instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (AU/VST) for 149 EUR / $199 USD. A demo version (10 minute time limited) is available from the product page.
More information: Tone2 / Gladiator
Tone2 has released version 2 of Gladiator, a virtual instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac, supporting an exhaustive list of synthesis types.
The award winning Gladiator gives you a groundbreaking approach to sound generation. Its exclusive HCM synthesis technique, covers new and unique aural territory, only possible with Gladiator.
The innovative synthesis, design and unmatched sound quality, make this not only the perfect instrument, but also the best virtual synthesizer and go-to instrument for all those looking for the ultimate creative tool.
Gladiator 2 features
- High-end sound quality: Analog, warm, transparent and fat.
- Huge sonic range, unique sound.
- Different synthesis types can be combined.
- Low CPU, high reliability.
- Semi-modular, high flexibility, expandability.
- 1050 professional sounds.
- Real stereo, Dolby Prologic II encoding.
- Up to 18 oscillators per voice, 4x stereo unison.
- 110 different oscillator types with 36865 waveforms.
- Aliasfree, 162x oversampling.
- Psychoacoustical processing.
- 41 unique filters (Analog, vocal, comb, Moog, phaser, EQ, …)
- 20 different effects.
- 7 distortion types with warm, analog sound.
- Programmable arpeggiator, step LFO and trancegate.
- BPM syncable.
- IQM for clearer chords (intelligent microtuning).
Gladiator 2 is available now as an instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac (AU/VST) for 149 EUR / $189 USD. A demo version (10 minute time limited) can be downloaded from the product page.
More information: Tone2 / Gladiator
Tone2 has announced version 2 of Gladiator, an updated version of this virtual instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
New in Gladiator 2
- Improved sound: Ultra quality with 256 voices and 6 new unison modes.
- A large number of new patches with 6657 additional waveforms.
- HCM3 synthesis engine with phase modifier for analogue, noise and supersaw sounds.
- 14 new effects: Autopan, tremolo, ringmod, phaser, flanger 2, super strings, pitch shifter, 2 reverbs, 3 filters, talkbox, feedback-delay.
- Subosc (OSC5) with 21 new waveforms.
- Improved filters, Moog filter.
- 4 envelopes, 4 envelope shapers, 4 LFOs, mod matrix with 12 slots and new routings, pan for each OSC.
- Improved user interface and random patch generation.
Gladiator 2 is now available for preorder for 149 EUR / $199 USD (planned release by the end of December). Customers who preorder Gladiator 2 in December receive a full version of Gladiator 1 and a free update to Gladiator 2.
More information: Tone2 / Gladiator 2
Tone2 has released version 1.2 of Gladiator, the Harmonic Content Morphing based synth plug-in. Changes in v1.2 New features Shared memory support: Additional Gladiator instances need 30 MB less RAM. The memory usage of the … read more
Tone2 has released version 1.1 of Gladiator, the Harmonic Content Morphing based synth plug-in. Changes in v1.1 Drastically improved time for saving/loading songs in Cubase and other hosts (hard disk space per instance also reduced … read more
Tone2 has released Gladiator, the Harmonic Content Morphing based synth plug-in. The award winning Gladiator gives you a groundbreaking approach to sound generation. Its exclusive HCM™ synthesis technique, covers new and unique aural territory, only … read more
Tone2 has announced Gladiator, a powerful new synthesizer based on Advanced Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) synthesis. Developer Markus writes about HCM synthesis: The new synthesis method is based on a large and expandable repertoire of … read more