XTZ has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the brand new wireless Headphone Divine, the world’s first high-end DSP wireless headphone with Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC pairing.
Let’s face it: headphones have been on the market for more than 50 years now. Year after year, new products come up – always offering more additional features and new designs. However, a closer look at the technological side of the product reveals that the changes often merely concern the design. When it comes to technology, not much has happened throughout the years. That’s due to the fact that there is a limit of what you can accomplish inside the size of a headphone. Until now…
With our new Headphone Divine, we take a huge step forward by combining the long experience of mechanical knowledge with the latest sound engineering technologies:
- DSP sound optimization, including an algorithm for both frequency and impulse response.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology with aptX® Codec – no cables, no chaos (however, we also include a by-pass cable, so that you can connect the headphone to any 3,5mm jack).
- NFC that pair your headphones without hassle
- New: Works on PC and Mac via Bluetooth!
The Kickstarter project has already reached its initial target of $25,000 USD. Various stretch goals may still be reached before the project is funded on November 3rd, 2014.
More information: XTZ / Headphone Divine at Kickstarter
Numark has announced three new professional DJ Headphones: the over-the-ear HF350, the on-ear HF325, and the collapsible HF150 provide numerous options for the modern DJ, whether performing in the booth or creating in the studio.
Driven by efficient, full-range 40mm drivers, the HF Series DJ headphones offer accurate fidelity across the entire audio spectrum, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Created for the working DJ, all models are equipped with rotating ear cups that quickly allow single-ear cueing. The HF350 and HF325 each feature a detachable cable for simple cable management. Included with each is an ⅛-inch (3.5mm) to ¼-inch (6.3mm) adapter, ensuring a proper connection to nearly any audio source. The HF Series also feature supple leatherette ear cushions for extended comfort during long sets. In addition to premium materials, an expertly engineered headband delivers the ideal balance of comfort, stability, and fashion for hours of tireless listening.
“The HF Series headphones have superior monitoring qualities that make them ideal for club use,” according to Karl Detken, Director of Marketing, Numark. “At the heart of the HF Series is a superlative 40mm driver, delivering outstanding audio quality across the entire range of human hearing. The HF350 completely enclose the ear to provide enhanced isolation. The HF325 will appeal to the DJ who prefers a smaller on-the-ear format with top-notch sound quality. For the on-the-go performer, the collapsible HF150 is a portable powerhouse.”
HF Series features
- Plush, noise isolating ear cushions.
- Closed-back (sealed) earcup; Over-the-ear (HF350), On-ear (HF325, HF150).
- Rotating earcup design for hands-free single-ear monitoring.
- Powerful 40mm drivers with outstanding low-end response.
- Full-range, 20 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response with superior detail.
- Efficient 32 ohm impedance sounds great on nearly any audio source.
- 4-foot (1.2 M) cable with ⅛-inch (3.5mm) plug.
- Includes ⅛-inch to ¼-inch (6.3mm) adapter included.
The HF Series will be available in stores this fall for $99.99 USD for the HF350, $89.99 for the HF325, and $39.99 USD for the HF150.
More information: Numark / HF Series headphones
Roland has announced the HS-5 Session Mixer, a digital mixer and recording interface designed for rehearsing bands, vocal groups, and other ensembles.
Portable and simple to operate, the HS-5 allows up to five musicians to play together and monitor the sound with headphones, with each player having hands-on control of their own mix.
The HS-5 also includes built-in amp modeling and effects, and gives groups the ability to easily capture their performances to a USB flash drive or DAW software on a computer.
HS-5 Session Mixer features
- Performer-friendly digital mixer with high-quality sound and USB.
- Up to five musicians can rehearse or jam while monitoring with headphones.
- Independent control of the monitor mix for each performer.
- COSM amp modeling plus vocal effects and built-in reverb.
- Record stereo mixes to a USB thumb drive.
- Connect to a computer via USB for multitrack recording in a DAW.
More information: Roland / HS-5 Session Mixer
Dirac has announced the introduction of the Dirac M-Suite, a combination of technologies designed to enhance the sound quality from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and portable media players using either earphones or built-in speakers. The first product to adopt Dirac M-Suite is the new tablet from Xiaomi, the Mi Pad.
Dirac has a long track record of providing audio technologies for high performance home audio, premium automotive, professional cinema and mobile applications.
Dirac M-Suite brings these technologies together, allowing them to work in synergy to provide the best possible mobile sound quality and listening experience.
Dirac M-Suite features
- Dirac HD Sound® provides tailor made sound correction for earphones and built-in speakers for an enhanced sound reproduction.
- An advanced sound field control technology allows faithful playback of surround sound through earphones by bringing the sound outside of the listener’s head.
- Dirac Power Sound™ allows the user to get the loudest possible sound without compromising sound quality.
“Many mobile device manufacturers are realizing the importance of audio quality, and Dirac is happy to be able to provide our customers with a unified platform that ensures they get the absolute best performance out of their device,” said Dr. Nilo Casimiro Ericsson, Technology Coordinator and Co-founder at Dirac. “We are continually seeking to expand the suite with a range of innovations and updates,” Ericsson added.
The first product making use of Dirac M-Suite is the new tablet from Xiaomi, the Mi Pad.
Founded in 2010, Xiaomi is one of China’s leading tech firms. The company, which is said to have been the fastest growing start up company in history, is projecting sales of over 40 million phones in 2014, more than double that of 2013. Xiaomi has earlier used various Dirac technologies to provide great sound quality in products such as the Xiaomi Mi2 and Mi3. The Mi3 upon its launch sold 100 000 units in 90 seconds.
More information: Dirac / M-Suite
MathAudio has announced the release of Headphone EQ, a utility effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is known that the frequency response of headphones substantially depends on the shape and size of the listeners’ pina and ear canal. Consequently, it is impossible to make ideal headphones that will fit all people. In particular, the acoustic mismatch between headphones and ear canal creates one or a few unwanted acoustic resonances. These resonances decrease the quality of the sound because they overload your ears on certain frequencies and mask all other frequencies. Besides that, these resonances create a specific ringing which worsen the time-domain response of headphones.
MathAudio Headphone EQ VST allows you to check your headphones in order to find the unwanted resonances. It also helps you to compensate for the unwanted resonances.
Headphone EQ features
- Helps to detect and compensate for the unwanted resonances in high grade headphones and earphones.
- Matches headphones to the individual geometry of the listener’s pina and ear canal.
- Includes a signal generator which allows one to detect the frequencies of the unwanted resonances caused by the mismatch between the headphone and the ear canal.
- Accurately tunes the compensating filters to the found frequencies of the unwanted resonances.
- Ensures neutral timbre of the sound of professional headphones.
- Avoids the masking effect caused by the overloading of the eardrum at the unwanted resonance frequencies.
- Removes the ‘ringing’ effect caused by the unwanted resonances.
- Includes a crossfeed feature which allows one to reduce the channel separation to a natural level. The crossfeed makes the headphones less fatiguing to listen to for long periods.
- Works with all types of headphones and earphones. High grade ones are preferable.
- Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
- Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 352,8 kHz.
Headphone EQ for Windows and Mac (VST) is available for $60 USD.
More information: MathAudio / Headphone EQ
More posts that match this tag
PreSonus has announced its Music Creation Suite, a complete recording kit comprising hardware and software components for producing music. Create music, podcasts, and more and distribute projects on the Web with PreSonus® Music Creation Suite … read more
Outbound link: PreSonus
/ Music Creation Suite
– Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Sound Performance Lab has announced Phonitor 2, bringing preamplifier/monitor controller functionality and remote controllable volume to the headphone preamp. We are uber-happy to introduce the successor of our legendary Phonitor headphone preamp. We have kept … read more
Positive Grid has introduced the JamUp Plug HD, a professional studio quality guitar and bass interface for use with recording and performance apps on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. “Mobile guitar players are becoming … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
/ JamUp Plug HD
– Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013 - 0 comments
Shure has announced the introduction of its SRH1540 premium closed-back headphones. Featuring an expansive soundstage for clear, extended highs and warm bass, the lightweight headphones extend Shure’s established SRH headphone portfolio, offering a comfortable circumaural … read more
The Loop Loft has announced The Legends Contest, a legendary music production contest in collaboration with Blend.io. We’re thrilled to announce our latest contest, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you, music creators, to collaborate with music … read more
Outbound link: The Loop Loft
/ The Legends Contest
– Related: Ableton
, Grado Labs
, PSP Audioware
, samples and sound libraries
, The Loop Loft
Posted in news
on Oct 21, 2013 - 0 comments
Shure has announced that its 10th annual Fantastic Scholastic Recording Competition is now accepting entries from eligible universities and colleges throughout the U.S. and Canada until October 31, 2013, at 11:59 P.M. CST. The competition … read more
112dB has updated its Redline Monitor near-field monitor simulation for headphones to support 64-bit hosts (AU & VST). Redline Monitor is a listening, mixing, and mastering tool that makes your headphones experience more natural: as … read more
Sound Magic has announced the release of Headphone Mix 3, a speaker simulation effect plug-in for Windows. Headphone Mix 3 is a special effect unit which suitable for those who make their music on headphone … read more
New Audio Technology has announced the release of Spatial Sound Card (SSC), a set of virtual speakers for stereo and surround monitoring for the computer with standard headphones. The Spatial Sound Card is a virtual … read more
Image-Line has announced the FL Studio Mobile Demo Competition, an opportunity to get your project included with FL Studio Mobile. We are looking for demo projects to include with FL Studio Mobile (Android & iOS) … read more
LSTN Headphones has recently launched the Troubadours series of handcrafted over-ear headphones. Guitars, pianos and violins are made from wood – why not headphones? Wood has acoustic properties that outperform synthetics. Each pair is handcrafted … read more
Shure has announced the introduction of the SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone, featuring a Quad High-Definition MicroDriver with a three-way system configuration for dedicated low, mid, and high frequency distribution. The SE846 patent-pending design includes a … read more
Beyerdynamic has announced Virtual Studio, a free speaker system emulation effect plug-in developed in collaboration with ITA Aachen (Institute of Technical Acoustics), Bauer Studios Ludwigsburg and the HOFA studios. The plug-in virtually simulates real speaker … read more
Akai Professional has announced MPC Pro Headphones, MPC Headphones, and MPC Earbuds, premium personal audio devices each designed for professional music production with Akai Professional’s newest line of MPCs. Akai Professional’s new MPC headphones and … read more
UVI has announced the release of version 1.5 of the intuitive beats making ElectroBeats by David Guetta app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including new support for iOS6 and the iPhone 5, a new … read more
Outbound link: UVI
/ ElectroBeats by David Guetta
– Related: contest
, David Guetta
Posted in news
on Nov 29, 2012 - 0 comments