MOTU has announced it is now shipping Monitor 8, a monitor mixer, headphone amp, and audio interface.
Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and USB/AVB audio interface with console-style 48-channel mixing and DSP effects. With exceptional analog audio quality based on the award-winning design of MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A AVB interfaces, Monitor 8 can serve as a primary audio interface and monitor mixer in the studio, as a complete monitoring solution for live performance, or as a dedicated monitoring component of a MOTU AVB audio network system.
“Monitor 8 is a one-stop solution for high-quality stereo monitoring through speakers, headphones, and in-ear systems,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With large console-style mixing and Wi-Fi control, Monitor 8 is equally well suited for both studio operation and live performance situations.”
Monitor 8 features
- Three products in one — 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs — Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs — Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Monitor 8 is available for purchase for $995 USD.
More information: MOTU / Monitor 8
Shure has announced holiday product rebates on select SM microphones and, for the first time, a rebate offer for the SE215 & SE535 Sound Isolating Earphones.
Customers who purchase SM57 and SM58® microphones can earn up to $60 back ($10 back on up to six individual microphone purchases). This also includes a special $30 rebate on the DMK57-52 Drum Microphone Kit. For earphone products, customers can save $10 on SE215 models and $50 on SE535 models. The promotion will kick off on Friday, Nov. 21, 2014, and run through Jan. 11, 2015.
The SM57 and SM58 have been industry standards for almost 50 years due to their unparalleled mix of audio quality and rugged dependability. The SM57 “workhorse” is highly versatile for clean reproduction of amplified and acoustic instruments. The legendary SM58 is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals.
SE Earphones feature award-winning sound isolating technology and unique sound signatures. The SE215 have a single Dynamic MicroDriver and provide detailed sound with enhanced bass, making them a great option for personal listening or professional monitoring. Featuring Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers, the SE535 uses a dedicated tweeter and dual woofers to deliver spacious sound with rich bass for a true audiophile listening experience.
“With the holiday season right around the corner, our winter SM and SE rebate offers are an opportunity to purchase the microphone you’ve been coveting or give the gift of premium earphones to a fellow music lover. You could also follow a ‘one for you, five for me’ philosophy. We promise not to tell,” said Ellen Mahon, Marketing Communications Manager at Shure. “With a variety of models and pricing options now coupled with our holiday rebates, Shure’s award-winning microphones and earphones are more accessible than ever before.”
Rebates include $10 back on an SM57-LC, SM57-X2U, SM58-LC, SM58-CN, SM58S, or SM58-X2U microphone purchase; $10 back on an SE215 purchase; and $50 back on an SE535 purchase. SE215 earphones are available in clear or translucent black, while the SE535 is available in clear, metallic bronze, or a Special Edition red color at select retailers. The DMK57-52 Drum Microphone Kit, also included in the offer, is eligible for a $30 mail-in-rebate. Rebates will be honored for up to six SE products, six SM products, and two drum kits.
Shure SM Microphone and SE Earphone Holiday Rebates are available through January 11th, 2015.
More information: Shure
Asius Technologies and 1964Ears have announced they are joining forces and launching a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the development of a revolutionary line of consumer earphones and professional in-ear monitors.
The new line, branded “1964|ADEL”, blends together best-in-class, custom- and universal-fit products from 1964Ears with Asius’ revolutionary patented Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens (ADEL™) technology (US Patents 8,340,310, 8,391,534 and 8,737,635B2), now coined “RealLoud,” the world’s first and only patented in-ear tech that safely delivers a louder, more spacious and richer sound while minimizing the risk of hearing damage.
At the center of the 1964|ADEL line of earphones and in-ear monitors is the revolutionary RealLoud technology — a secondary eardrum that absorbs the harmful pneumatic pressures of sound to provide a safer listening experience for users. Because of this, the human eardrum, which normally moves with an amplitude thousands of times greater than normal when “confined” by earbuds, now responds only to the music and not the harmful pressures caused by high-energy sound waves. With the incorporated RealLoud technology, all 1964|ADEL earphones and IEMs operate at 1/10th the amplified in-ear power levels of traditional listening devices (per studies conducted at Vanderbilt University Medical Center).
“We discovered that needless hearing damage results when sound pressure levels are inadvertently delivered to the eardrum at volumes that are ten times higher than they need to be,” said Stephen Ambrose, founder and chief scientist at Asius Technologies. “Because of industry confusions regarding the proper coupling of sound to the human ear, this problem is proliferated by the 125 million earbuds sold annually. RealLoud technology allows the ear to work the way nature intended by removing harmful in-ear pressures while enhancing loudness perception and fidelity.”
“Stephen Ambrose was the original inventor and pioneer of in-ear monitors beginning with his first prototype in 1964. The partnership between Asius and 1964Ears is a logical expansion for our company,” said Vitaliy Belonozhko, CEO and founder, 1964Ears. “Not only does RealLoud technology significantly enhance the fidelity and comfort of our products, it also addresses the 77 percent increase of hearing loss associated with the use of personal listening devices, which formal studies have show are the primary cause.”
The Kickstarter campaign has a funding goal of $200,000 USD.
More information: 1964 ADEL / 1964|ADEL Kickstarter campaign
XTZ has launched a Kickstarter campaign for the brand new wireless Headphone Divine, the world’s first high-end DSP wireless headphone with Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC pairing.
Let’s face it: headphones have been on the market for more than 50 years now. Year after year, new products come up – always offering more additional features and new designs. However, a closer look at the technological side of the product reveals that the changes often merely concern the design. When it comes to technology, not much has happened throughout the years. That’s due to the fact that there is a limit of what you can accomplish inside the size of a headphone. Until now…
With our new Headphone Divine, we take a huge step forward by combining the long experience of mechanical knowledge with the latest sound engineering technologies:
- DSP sound optimization, including an algorithm for both frequency and impulse response.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology with aptX® Codec – no cables, no chaos (however, we also include a by-pass cable, so that you can connect the headphone to any 3,5mm jack).
- NFC that pair your headphones without hassle
- New: Works on PC and Mac via Bluetooth!
The Kickstarter project has already reached its initial target of $25,000 USD. Various stretch goals may still be reached before the project is funded on November 3rd, 2014.
More information: XTZ / Headphone Divine at Kickstarter
Numark has announced three new professional DJ Headphones: the over-the-ear HF350, the on-ear HF325, and the collapsible HF150 provide numerous options for the modern DJ, whether performing in the booth or creating in the studio.
Driven by efficient, full-range 40mm drivers, the HF Series DJ headphones offer accurate fidelity across the entire audio spectrum, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Created for the working DJ, all models are equipped with rotating ear cups that quickly allow single-ear cueing. The HF350 and HF325 each feature a detachable cable for simple cable management. Included with each is an ⅛-inch (3.5mm) to ¼-inch (6.3mm) adapter, ensuring a proper connection to nearly any audio source. The HF Series also feature supple leatherette ear cushions for extended comfort during long sets. In addition to premium materials, an expertly engineered headband delivers the ideal balance of comfort, stability, and fashion for hours of tireless listening.
“The HF Series headphones have superior monitoring qualities that make them ideal for club use,” according to Karl Detken, Director of Marketing, Numark. “At the heart of the HF Series is a superlative 40mm driver, delivering outstanding audio quality across the entire range of human hearing. The HF350 completely enclose the ear to provide enhanced isolation. The HF325 will appeal to the DJ who prefers a smaller on-the-ear format with top-notch sound quality. For the on-the-go performer, the collapsible HF150 is a portable powerhouse.”
HF Series features
- Plush, noise isolating ear cushions.
- Closed-back (sealed) earcup; Over-the-ear (HF350), On-ear (HF325, HF150).
- Rotating earcup design for hands-free single-ear monitoring.
- Powerful 40mm drivers with outstanding low-end response.
- Full-range, 20 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response with superior detail.
- Efficient 32 ohm impedance sounds great on nearly any audio source.
- 4-foot (1.2 M) cable with ⅛-inch (3.5mm) plug.
- Includes ⅛-inch to ¼-inch (6.3mm) adapter included.
The HF Series will be available in stores this fall for $99.99 USD for the HF350, $89.99 for the HF325, and $39.99 USD for the HF150.
More information: Numark / HF Series headphones
More posts that match this tag
Roland has announced the HS-5 Session Mixer, a digital mixer and recording interface designed for rehearsing bands, vocal groups, and other ensembles. Portable and simple to operate, the HS-5 allows up to five musicians to … read more
Dirac has announced the introduction of the Dirac M-Suite, a combination of technologies designed to enhance the sound quality from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and portable media players using either earphones or built-in … read more
MathAudio has announced the release of Headphone EQ, a utility effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. It is known that the frequency response of headphones substantially depends on the shape and size of the listeners’ … read more
PreSonus has announced its Music Creation Suite, a complete recording kit comprising hardware and software components for producing music. Create music, podcasts, and more and distribute projects on the Web with PreSonus® Music Creation Suite … read more
Outbound link: PreSonus
/ Music Creation Suite
– Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Sound Performance Lab has announced Phonitor 2, bringing preamplifier/monitor controller functionality and remote controllable volume to the headphone preamp. We are uber-happy to introduce the successor of our legendary Phonitor headphone preamp. We have kept … read more
Positive Grid has introduced the JamUp Plug HD, a professional studio quality guitar and bass interface for use with recording and performance apps on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. “Mobile guitar players are becoming … read more
Outbound link: Positive Grid
/ JamUp Plug HD
– Related: audio interface
, Positive Grid
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013 - 0 comments
Shure has announced the introduction of its SRH1540 premium closed-back headphones. Featuring an expansive soundstage for clear, extended highs and warm bass, the lightweight headphones extend Shure’s established SRH headphone portfolio, offering a comfortable circumaural … read more
The Loop Loft has announced The Legends Contest, a legendary music production contest in collaboration with Blend.io. We’re thrilled to announce our latest contest, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you, music creators, to collaborate with music … read more
Outbound link: The Loop Loft
/ The Legends Contest
– Related: Ableton
, Grado Labs
, PSP Audioware
, samples and sound libraries
, The Loop Loft
Posted in news
on Oct 21, 2013 - 0 comments
Shure has announced that its 10th annual Fantastic Scholastic Recording Competition is now accepting entries from eligible universities and colleges throughout the U.S. and Canada until October 31, 2013, at 11:59 P.M. CST. The competition … read more
112dB has updated its Redline Monitor near-field monitor simulation for headphones to support 64-bit hosts (AU & VST). Redline Monitor is a listening, mixing, and mastering tool that makes your headphones experience more natural: as … read more
Sound Magic has announced the release of Headphone Mix 3, a speaker simulation effect plug-in for Windows. Headphone Mix 3 is a special effect unit which suitable for those who make their music on headphone … read more
New Audio Technology has announced the release of Spatial Sound Card (SSC), a set of virtual speakers for stereo and surround monitoring for the computer with standard headphones. The Spatial Sound Card is a virtual … read more
Image-Line has announced the FL Studio Mobile Demo Competition, an opportunity to get your project included with FL Studio Mobile. We are looking for demo projects to include with FL Studio Mobile (Android & iOS) … read more
LSTN Headphones has recently launched the Troubadours series of handcrafted over-ear headphones. Guitars, pianos and violins are made from wood – why not headphones? Wood has acoustic properties that outperform synthetics. Each pair is handcrafted … read more
Shure has announced the introduction of the SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone, featuring a Quad High-Definition MicroDriver with a three-way system configuration for dedicated low, mid, and high frequency distribution. The SE846 patent-pending design includes a … read more