Hello Samples has launched JMX09, the second release in the Raw Series of sample packs.
After the warm reception of our first installment in the analog percussion world (the acclaimed RAW Series Vol.1) we decided to make a library built on the same honorable principles -realism, dynamics and usability- but with a more aggressive and punchy sound that complemented the organic, creamy and percussive nature of the previous collection. Of all the drum machines in our arsenal we felt that the 09 was the box that best represented this idea, and thus our next victim was chosen!
The 09 is a 909 inspired drum machine with a twist. The great thing about it it’s that, although you can use it to emulate a convincing 909, it can also go WAY beyond it’s limits. The bass drum and snare circuits have much wider range and the sound is a bit more modern and over-the-top. It’s like a 909 on steroids! This is specially nice since you can end up with something that sounds “familiar” yet not dated like the overused original 909. A clever way of sounding different.
- 2,300+ painstakingly handcut samples (about 200 different sounds x 7 round robin hits + more than 300 single one-shots), organized by type and descriptively labelled.
- A minimum of 4 Round Robin samples of each sound for added realism, most hits have 7 or more Round Robin samples.
- 40 ready to use Machine kits.
- 20 ready to use MPC kits (1000/2500).
- 298 ready to use Ableton Live kits including:
- 23 Drum Rack Kits.
- 18 Impulse Kits.
- 250 individual Sampler patches (Round Robin).
- 7 groups Sampler patches.
- 6 Kontakt patches including automatic Round Robin management.
The sample library is available to purchase for 10 EUR. A free demo pack can be downloaded from the product page.
More information: Hello Samples / Raw Series Vol 2 JMX09
, drum machine
, Hello Samples
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jun 19, 2013
Hello Samples has launched two new compilations of previously released sample packs for Maschine and MPC, now ready for Ableton Live.
Synth, Keys & Instruments is a collection of hand-crafted samples chopped from different experimentations with synths, keyboards and FX. From sweet Rhodes chords, to multiple synth patching experimentations, glitched percussions or crazy ring modulations.
Acoustic & Analog DrumKits is a collection of kits recorded from different sources. Three different analog drum machine kits with a 808 flavour, acoustic stuff in a jazz mood and a digital 8 bit chiptune drum kit.
Both compilations are available as pay-per-share downloads.
More information: Hello Samples
Hello Samples has released Raw Vermona, a sample library featuring the sounds of the Vermona Syncussion DRM-1 analog drum synthesizer.
Raw Vermona inaugurates a new concept in sample library development.
Most contemporary sample packs focus on highly undynamic samples. Audio-destructive processes like normalization and digital compression are the norm rather than the exception. There is a loudness war going on in the sample world and everybody is on the same one-way-only train: my library has to sound louder than yours.
Here at HelloSamples we think the public (you) knows better, and that there should be a market for more dynamic sounding samplepacks. That’s why we decided to start our “Raw” analog library series.
Raw Vermona features
- 1700+ painstakingly handcut samples, organized by type and descriptively labelled.
- About 200 different sounds, 7x round robin hits + 300+ single one-shots.
- 45 Maschine kits.
- 25 MPC kits (1000/2500).
- 154 Kontakt patches.
- Recorded with Great River and API 512 preamps, using mastering grade converters (Black Lion Audio, Mytek).
The Raw Vermona sample pack is available to purchase for $10 USD.
More information: Hello Samples / Raw Vermona