HISS and a ROAR has released Seal Vocals, a sample library featuring recordings of seals.
Creature vocals are some of the most difficult material to design due to their subjective nature, but one resource that can really help is access to unique new source material. With this knowledge I set about capturing close up vocalisations of Fur Seals at the colony in Cape Palliser, New Zealand.
The seals ranged from ferocious gutteral sounding 160kg males through to uniquely screechy, bitey adolescents (my Rycote got bitten at least a dozen times!) I carefully tracked the weather, tides & swell, and used a Sennheiser MKH70 mic to isolate the vocals as much as possible from the background ambience.
Seal Vocals libraries
- MAX — 24bit 96kHz • 210 sounds • 395MB download, $49 USD
- MID — 24bit 48kHz • 40 sounds • 43MB download, $29 USD
- LITE — 16 bit 44.1kHz • 20 sounds • 11MB download, $9 USD
- FREE — 16 bit 44.1kHz • 5 sounds • 4MB download
More information: HISS and a ROAR / SD003 Seal Vocals
HISS and a ROAR has released Swish, a new sample library of swishes.
The english dictionary defines SWISH as a verb: ‘to audibly cut the air’ and in hindsight that’s a perfectly evocative definition, as we’ve spent many hours in the foley room at Park Road Post recently, cutting the beautifully quiet air within, with every kind of object imaginable…
From stock whips to skipping ropes, extention cords to curtain rail wire, vacuum cleaner hoses to straw brooms. We’ve revolved mesh bowls, badminton rackets, pipes, whistles, lunging whips and many forms of prepared bamboo sticks, all with the aim of recording air being sliced!
Swish is available to purchase in three packages:
- SWISH MAX: $49 USD – 24bit 96kHz, 2,840 sounds, 1.1GB download
- SWISH MID: $29 USD – 24bit 48kHz, 470 sounds, 97MB download
- SWISH LITE: $9 USD – 16 bit 44.1kHz, 235 sounds, 25MB download
All libraries are provided as a collection of stereo .WAV files, carefully labelled & tagged with Metadata compatible with the ProTools workspace, SoundMiner, Basehead, Snapper and AudioFinder sound library software.
A free pack of samples (16 bit 44.1kHz, 47 sounds, 5MB download) is available to download from the product page.
More information: HISS and a ROAR / Swish
HISS and a ROAR has released Vegetable Violence, a royalty-free sample library created by award winning film sound designer Tim Prebble.
Vegetable Violence™ is an organic sound effects library for creating your own orchestrated sonic mayhem. Recorded & mastered at 96kHz for stomach churning realism, this component library is available for download in three royalty-free forms.
Vegetable Violence features
- Available in three editions:
- Lite — 16 bit 44.1kHz, 250 sounds, 30MB download
- Mid — 24bit 48kHz, 980 sounds, 215MB download
- Pro — 24bit 96kHz, 2500 sounds, 1.05GB download
- Provided as a collection of stereo .WAV files.
- Carefully labelled & tagged with Metadata compatible with the ProTools workspace, SoundMiner, Basehead, Snapper and AudioFinder sound library software.
Vegetable Violence is available to purchase priced at $9 (Lite) / $29 (Mid) / $49 (Pro) USD.
More information: HISS and a ROAR / Vegetable Violence