HOFA-Plugins has announced the release of IQ-Comp V2, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
IQ-Comp is a compressor which is well suited for all mixing and mastering applications. The FlavorEQs allow to apply versatile colorations to the compression.
The IQ-Comp’s upgrade extends it with a “rough” compression mode which is especially suited for transient rich drums. A look-ahead for compression was also added as a sidechain filter and preset buttons for the FlavorEQs. Furthermore, a clipper can limit the output level with up to 64 times oversampling. Along with the M/S mode this makes IQ-Comp V2 ideal for all buss and mastering applications.
IQ-Comp V2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 119.90 EUR. The upgrade is free for all IQ-Comp customers who purchased after January 1st, 2013. Customers who purchase IQ-Comp before this date can upgrade for 29.90 EUR.
More information: HOFA-Plugins / IQ-Comp V2
HOFA Plugins has released version 2.0 of 4U ProjectTime, a project time measurement tool which now features a revised GUI design and logging functionality.
HOFA 4U ProjectTime starts the time measurement as soon as it gets loaded into a plug-in slot in your DAW (Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One, Reaper …). The stopped time is saved with the closing of the project. The time measurement resumes by reopening this project.
4U ProjectTime features
- Shows the time which has passed during a DAW project.
- Time measurement in hours, minutes, seconds.
- Pause function.
- Write log to see when you worked on the project.
- Every log entry can be commented.
- Works on Windows and Mac with any DAW.
4U ProjectTime for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available as freeware.
More information: HOFA / 4U ProjectTime
Beyerdynamic has announced Virtual Studio, a free speaker system emulation effect plug-in developed in collaboration with ITA Aachen (Institute of Technical Acoustics), Bauer Studios Ludwigsburg and the HOFA studios.
The plug-in virtually simulates real speaker systems (such as stereo or 5.1) in various environments (recording studio, concert halls, etc.) on your headphones.
This lets you listen to audio tracks or signals on your headphones as if they were playing over the correspondent speaker system in whichever space you choose.
No more long waiting periods and stress with appointments just to use a studio space which is only available for a limited time anyway – with beyerdynamic Virtual Studio you can mix and master your tracks whenever you want and wherever you are. Whether riding on the train, sitting at home on the sofa or hanging out at a friend’s place – you can take the studio wherever you go.
Virtual Studio is a free effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (32/64 bit).
More information: Beyerdynamic / Virtual Studio
HOFA Plugins has announced the release of the HOFA IQ-EQ V3 effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
There never was a better sounding or more versatile “EQ compressor channel strip”.
The creative functionality of this plugin will let your former favourites become the number-two choice.
Mixing and mastering gets astonishingly easy…
HOFA IQ-EQ V3 features
- Extended Frequency Range 1 Hz – 40 kHz in each of the 6 bands.
- 16 different filter types (6 shelves, 4 hicuts, 4 lowcuts, peak, flat).
- Up to 32x oversampling.
- Channelstrip mode.
- Stereo, left, right, mid or side editing per band.
- IQ-dynamics per band.
- Look ahead & live mode.
- Sidechain (extern & intern variable, e.g. 100 Hz controls 10 kHz).
- Hi-and low-cut with selectable 6/12/24/48 dB slope.
- Analyser with hold-function.
- Solo-monitoring function of the IQ-Eq bands.
- Changeable plugin window size.
- Interactive tooltips & Manual onboard.
- “Set as Default”-Preset.
- Works with all common sampling frequencies.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Support for PC and Mac, 32 and 64-bit DAWs.
The HOFA IQ-EQ effect plugin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 99.90 EUR until January 6th, 2013.
More information: HOFA Plugins
HOFA Plugins has released version 1.5 of its IQ-Analyser analyzer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The analyser with Energy*-Curve shows you specifically what to do. The Energy*-curve finally unveils the frequency points which are ideal for the post-production with an EQ.
In conventional analyzers the displayed curve is always characterized by the loudest spot – the IQ-Analyser shows you the frequency range considering the time factor: Therefore the appearance of the curve is not determined by the loudest position, but rather by the average, from the beginning to the end of the measurement.
- New in v1.5: innovative curve list.
- New in v1.5: directly drag & drop & analyse from Cubase and Nuendo.
- New in v1.5: revised GUI.
- Drag & drop & analyse .wav, .aif, .mp3, .flac, .ogg directly from Explorer or Finder.
- Analyser with Peak-, Hold, RMS and Energy-function.
- Precise metering (Peak, Hold, EBU, LRA).
- Innovative correlator.
- HOFA reference curves for different styles of music.
- Changeable plugin window size.
- Supports all common sample rates and works without latency.
- Support for PC and Mac, 32- and 64-bit DAWs.
IQ-Analyser for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 99.90 EUR.
More information: HOFA Plugins / IQ-Analyser
HOFA Plugins has introduced the IQ-Comp, an “intelligent” compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
We equipped a compressor with intelligence to achieve perfect results for all sorts of audio material. No matter if vocals, drums or other instruments: The HOFA IQ-Comp permanently adjusts all the relevant settings to fit the musical needs. Therefore it delivers the sonically best compression, depending on your settings.
- Compressor with supremely intelligent/adaptive attack-, release- und ratio-settings.
- Simple handling, concise representation.
- Optimized for maximum compression with minimal artifacts (in your face sound).
- Mono, stereo, dual mono, MS (Lat Vert) operation modes, sidechaining and parallel-compression.
- Innovative link-up of gain reduction with the two onboard EQs.
- Allows precise equalisation according to the compressor’s gain reduction.
- Arbitrary shelving and peak filters can be used on the new high quality EQ.
- EQ look ahead function for maximum transient punch.
- Innovative level & frequency reduction display for ideal optical control.
- Changeable plugin window size.
- “set as default” preset.
- Supports all common sample frequencies.
- PC and Mac, 32- and 64-bit DAWs.
IQ-Comp is available to purchase for 88.90 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: HOFA Plugins / IQ-Comp