Homegrown Sounds has announced Starburst for Padshop Pro, a collection of over 1,400 presets for the Padshop Pro synthesizer plugin by Steinberg.
Starburst is brought into the world of Steinberg’s Padshop Pro a fantastic Granular Synthesizer.
This is a large collection of 1400+ Presets. At it’s heart are 110 WAVs from Starburst a hand crafted collection of Pads designed on a Virus TI. There are 13 Different Categories in the Padshop Edition which form different styles each of which has it’s own characteristics.
All patches use Aftertouch and the Mod Wheel for live manipulation of the sound.
The soundset costs $35 USD. It is currently on sale for $25 USD.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Starburst for Padshop Pro
Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of two soundsets for the Virus TI synthesizer from Access Music.
Astronomy for the Virus TI
This is a free collection of 64 Presets for the Virus TI (OS5). They are all ARP based patches covering a full range of styles from grinding Bass riffs to ethereal sequences using the full potential of the Virus TI. Each preset makes use of the 3 Assignable Knobs for transforming the patches in real-time as well as channel pressure(Aftertouch) and Mod Wheel. Knob 2 is always assigned to the Delay Amount.
Starburst for the Virus TI
Starbust TI is a new collection of hand crafted Pads/Textures for the Virus TI running OS5. If you think Eno, Budd, Japan, Sylvian, Boards of Canada that would plant you in the right musical hemisphere for where these sounds belong. They are full of motion and harmonic content. Whilst holding notes will deliver great pleasure from the landscape that unfolds, most are also designed to be used in a general musical context so that they are not limited to specialist genres.
Starburst costs $29.99 USD. It is currently available to purchase for $14.98 USD as part of the 50% off Holiday Sale. There is also a Lite Version available for free which includes 10 Presets from the collection.
More information: Homegrown Sounds
Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of Virus Kits, a collection of 150 hand crafted 32-bit sounds created with a Virus TI.
The Virus TI has a unique and powerful synth engine with it’s own sound character and has been fully utilized to synthesize each sound from scratch, creating a unique collection of Bass Drums, Snares, Hi-hats, Toms, Percussion and lots of one shot FX such as growls, wooshes and blips. Additionally there is also 12 Drum Kits for Battery and Kontakt 4/5 using these samples as well as 56 Child kits utilizing the Battery/Kontakt engine for instant gratification.
The WAVs can also be used with any software/hardware which can read WAVs and for convenience there are 16-bit versions, as well as 16-bit mono versions for hardware which has limited polyphony such as MPCs.
The files are delivered as a RAR which can simply be extracted to your Battery library folder and is available permanently on your personal downloads page as soon as the Paypal payment has been received.
The sample pack costs $29.99 USD. It is currently available to purchase for $14.98 USD as part of the extended 50% off sale on all plugins and sample packs.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Virus Kits
Homegrown Sounds has introduced Ballistic Drum Kits, a large collection of mostly Bread and Butter Drum Kits all of which can be easily interchanged for quickly transforming a playing drum pattern.
They are quite heavy kits which are especially well suited to Hip Hop, Trip Hop & R n B, all the collection is diverse enough to be useful to any Sampletank user. There aren’t that many Electronic Drum Kits available for Sampletank, and so this Tank attempts to bridge the gap, at least another 2 complimentary collections will be released which will provide more drum kits, instrument kits designed for layering, and percussion kits.
Each Kit is made up of 24 samples and as well as the standard tuning, has a -5 Semitone version and a +1 Octave version within the same instrument. The layout also follows the General MIDI Layout for the 1st Octave, although the second octave can vary with the intention of swapping kits and getting a few nice surprises such as a chord or a bass note, which can suddenly transform a standard drum loop into an interesting Hip Hop Beat.
Ballistic Drum Kits features
- 160+ Drum Kits for Sampletank.
- Each Kit has 4 child presets: tight, Upfront, Delay and Verby.
- Installed size: 350 MB.
- Download Size(RAR): 180 MB.
The sound library is available to purchase for $39.99 USD.
Homegrown Sounds has also updated its Mesh monophonic synthesizer instrument for Windows to version 1.2.
Changes in Mesh v1.2
- New – Added a randomize to the LFO top bar for randomizing just the 1st 2 LFOs.
- New – Global Randomizer which randomizes Oscillators, Filter ENV, ENV3, Filter and LFOs 1 & 2.
- New – Individual Oscillator pitches + quantized versions, Main Quantized Pitch and Feedback added to ENV3 Destinations.
- New – Added a Randomize button to the Envelope Header which randomizes just the Filter Envelope and Envelope 3.
- New – 32 new Presets in the Presets folder (Mesh-Various.fxb).
- Changes – Default preset improved and init fxb bank updated.
- Fix – LFO Pitch could cause a crash with extreme LFO activity especially when randomising.
- Fix – Non Quantized Pitch LFO destination has half resolution.
- Fix – Pop-up Menu for patches now updates the display correctly when a bank is loaded via the internal Patch info display.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Ballistic Drum Kits
Homegrown Sounds has updated its Mesh virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows to version 1.1.
This update brings a new bank of 128 sounds of mainly traditional Analogue type Leads and Basses with minimal effects. There is also a dedicated version called Mesh Lead which allows loading this sound set into your host much more easily than loading an fxb.
There are also a few new features, such as Bass Cut, Assignable Destination for Envelope 3, and the option to send Oscillator 3 to the filter cutoff for some interesting modulation effects.
Changes in Mesh v1.1
- New: Bank of 128 presets with a more traditional Analog Lead/Bass sound set.
- New: Mesh Lead, a duplicate copy of Mesh with the new Lead sound set preloaded. Mesh Lead is identical, it just an easy way to select the alternative sound set from within the host, and presets are compatible across both versions.
- New: Added OSC3->Filter – Enabling this disables sending to OSC1.
- New: Added Bass Cut Button.
- New: Noise Envelope is now Envelope 3 and has 3 possible destinations: Noise, Pitch, Resonance and OSC3->Pitch/Filter.
- New: Default patch has been tweaked.
- Fix: Fixed Filter Default not setting default correctly.
- Fix: Fixed Clicks happening occasionally.
- Fix: Sound could blow out on a patch change in some hosts, this is now fixed.
- Fix: ARP Randomize could cause a crash in some hosts.
- Fix: Internal Patch Selector didn’t work in FL.
Mesh for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $20 USD until July 31st, 2012 (regular $40 USD).
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Mesh