Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of Sequlation, a soundset for the DSI Evolver synthesizer.
Sequlation is a set of 128 Presets for the Dave Smith Instruments Evolver with the intention of providing a professional & creative set of musically useful Sequences. The Evolver can be a wild beast capable of extreme insanity, this collection sets out to prove it also has a calmer musical side, but of course each preset can easily be coaxed back to the brink if you so wish. The Sequences cover a broad spectrum of styles, and are also excellent starting points for adapting to your own style. Aftertouch and Mod Wheel assignments are used throughout for real time manipulation.
3 different Sysex files are provided of the Bank which use either Sequence Mode, Gate Re-trigger Mode or Gate Mode respectively depending on which mode you prefer. The Bank will be loaded into Bank B, so be sure to backup your old bank first if uploading directly. It can be uploaded to the Evolver using your usual method such as Midi-Ox or the Sound Tower application etc…
The soundset is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD until April 2nd, 2014 (regular $35 USD).
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Sequlation
Homegrown Sounds has announced Kosmology – Awakenings, an advanced groove sequencing instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The new Kosmology for Kontakt features Wave Sequencing.
Kosmology is an Advanced Performance Sequencing Tool in comparison with many other Kontakt products, it is not a sample library with a few bells and whistles, rather it’s a Music Composition tool which is bundled with a collection of sounds. Although there are a number of presets included, it is designed to be fun and to intuitively build your own complex grooves quickly.
In a nutshell you build up to 8 instances which can be switched and manipulated by a series of triggers in real-time. Each Instance contains a Pitch Sequencer, Velocity sequencer, 5 freely assignable Sequencers (from a list of 46 Destinations) and 48 Synth Parameters. Each Instance can have completely different settings and assignments, which gives an enormous amount of freedom for creating unique grooves.
The Awakenings soundset for Kosmology comes with 200 instruments, which are multi-sampled, using 4 samples per instrument at 24-bit using pure synthesis with very few effects.
Kosmology – Awakenings is available to purchase for the introductory price of $40 USD until March 18th, 2014 (regular $65 USD). Requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Kosmology – Awakenings
Homegrown Sounds has announced version 1.5 of Kosmos the Kontakt engine that powers various Homegrown Sounds libraries.
The major new feature is the large screen editor which displays the Pitch editor and a second editor, which can be assigned to either Velocity or Seqs 1-5. This provides much finer control without having to use the mouse modifier key and is also less distracting not seeing all sequences at once. As with the standard view, the display will change to reflect the currently selected instance. It is enabled via the ‘E’ button in the top right master section.
- Maximum Steps increased from 32 to 64 on all sequencers.
- The script is much more efficient, a few days have been spent on just optimizing the code.
- Changed the names of the Duplicate function to Repeat which should be more intuitive now, not sure what I was thinking when I originally named them….
- Fixed a bug with Reverse Sequence.
The Kosmos 1.5 update is available to download for existing customers. All Kosmos products including the free Kosmonaut, Kosmos Infekted, Kosmos Classics and Starburst have been updated to v1.5.
More information: Homegrown Sounds
Homegrown Sounds has updated its Kosmos instrument libraries for Kontakt to version 1.4.
Kosmos is the scripted Front End and Advanced Sequencer which fronts Kontakt products created by Homegrown Sounds.
The Kontakt 5 instruments in Kosmos Infekted, Kosmos Classics, Starburst and Kosmonaut are all updated to v1.4.
Changes in Kosmos v1.4
- Individual tempo divisions – The Velocity Sequencer and Sequencers 1-5 now have their own tempo division, when set to Off it will follow the master Instance tempo as in previous versions.
- 13 new Play Modes with some new experimental modes.
- GUI improved with a cleaner look.
- ‘Live Mode’ – By switching this off you can stop the GUI changing to the currently playing Instance making it easier to edit an instance even when another one is playing.
- Save Single Instance – This will save just the current instance instead of all 8, when loaded it will replace the currently visible instance.
- Default Template – You can now save the current state of the Kosmos sequencer to a default file so that you can decide how you want the sequencer to be set up when the Default Button is pressed. It can also be loaded via the Master menu by selection ‘Load Default.’
- Fixed: Oscillator random had no effect in the Single presets.
- Fixed: Save all and Copy to All errors.
- Fixed: Half Tempo and Half Tempo/Latched doubled the steps of the Pitch sequencer.
The update is now available to Kosmos users.
More information: Homegrown Sounds
Homegrown Sounds has released version 1.3 of its Kosmos products, a major update bringing Kontakt 5 specific Presets, a new advanced sequencer and a few other enhancements.
The Kosmos Sequencer has had a massive upgrade and is now possibly one of the most complex Sequencers for Kontakt out there.
It features 8 separate Instances which can be switched in realtime via midi notes. Each Instance contains a sequencer for Pitch, one for Velocity and 5 freely assignable sequencers which can be assigned to a large array of Destinations. Each Sequencer has its own step amount so that for example, pitch could be 8 steps, and another sequencer assigned to Cutoff could be 12.
All 8 instances are unique and so can all have different destinations, Tempos and step lengths.
Homegrown Sounds has also released Kosmonaut, a free collection of 60 Kosmos Instruments for Kontakt 4 or 5.
Kosmos is a set of scripts which create a virtual synthesizer and advanced Sequencer. I’ve been working on the new sequencer for the last couple of months which has been a massive endeavor! The result is a very creative and sophisticated sequencing system that is a lot of fun to use, and great for jamming.
- 60 Single Presets for Kontakt 5 (also for Kontakt 4).
- Each Single Preset uses the Kosmos Synth front end, as well as featuring an amazing 8 x 7 sequencer with assignable destinations and a sophisticated Scale Remapper (Kontakt 5 only).
- Kosmonaut Full Kosmos Instrument – Uses all 60 instruments to create a classic dual oscillator synth with lots of modulation possiblities, 2 filters etc…
- The instruments are taken from Kosmos Classics and Kosmos Infekted.
Kosmonaut is a free download at Homegrown Sounds. Requires full version of Kontakt.
More information: Homegrown Sounds
Homegrown Sounds has announced Infekted Synths for Sampletank, a sample library for the Sampletank instrument by IK Multimedia.
A collection of Multi-sampled Instruments designed on a Virus TI now released for Sampletank.
These are a high quality selection of musically useful sounds which make the most of Sampletank via a series of 44 child presets for each instrument. These child presets are like categories which transform each instrument adding a ton of flexibility to the collection.
Note: If you use Kontakt this sample collection is available as part of Kosmos Infekted
The sample library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD (regular $35 USD).
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Infekted Synths Sampletank
Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of Kosmos Classics, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
A huge collection of 800+ diverse sampled instruments for Kontakt 4/5 which is fronted by the unique Kontakt script called Kosmos.
Kosmos recreates a feature rich dual oscillator synthesizer where the samples become selectable waveforms. With a finely tuned randomization function it is possible to easily create unique sounds on the fly with very little effort, with either global randomize or the local randomizers of each section.
There is also a single instrument version of Kosmos for the original 800 instruments which allows the same degree of control.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD (regular $40 USD). Homegrown Complete users can crossgrade for $10 USD.
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Kosmos Classics