Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software.
The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download for FL Studio owners. Note that the new mixer is not included yet.
New Image-Line customers can purchase a license of FL Studio with 10% discount.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 Alpha
Juno Ju-X has released Hosting AU, a microDAW application for hosting AudioUnit plugins.
For the first serve, here I release Hosting AU microDAW. This is a micro-sized Digital Audio Workstation for OSX that hosts Audio Unit synth and effect plugins, comes with 4ch+1 mixer with ext-audio input, 24-bit recorder, Music-Typing kind of feature called “LazyKey”.
For who has Sequera or 3rd party MIDI sequencer, you can make any kind of music that focuses on simplicity (for dancing or whatever!) You can think it like using a 4ch MTR.
Hosting AU is available to download as freeware for Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard or later.
More information: Juno Ju-X / Hosting AU
XT Software has released version 2.7 of energyXT, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
With energyXT you can focus on the music, instead of becoming distracted by tons of features you don’t need.
Changes in energyXT v2.7
- Track presets.
- Add up to 8 favorite VST params for each track (using VST plugin) in the mixer with MIDI controller support.
- Added support for VST IO changes.
- Added level per audio clip.
- The Editor Tab buttons can now be merged with main menu to save screen space (on by default).
- Preview loops in browser will now play in sync with song.
- Mixer strip in sequencer now has audio output selector by track (and not per VST) for multi-out VST plug-ins.
- Added transpose buttons to object bar.
- New mixer panel in sequencer (like in v1.4).
- Render audio to drum pad.
- Record VST automation with MIDI controllers (using favorite params mapping on track).
- Added Favorites section to browser.
- Recording audio will now name the recorded files using the track name.
- Drag & drop plugins on to MIDI tracks will now replace current plugin (s), unless shift or alt is pressed.
- Copy/paste controller data.
- Drag samples from audio pool to sampler.
- Use Alt + Shift + Up/Down to change velocity and controllers by +/- 1.
- Add MIDI track from track menu.
- MIDI to markers on/off is now saved per project (and not global option).
- Invert selection.
- Rewind will now restart current marker in marker-track mode.
- Nicer logo in titlebar.
- Fixed a multi-timbral bug as MIDI events was not sent in sorted order when multiple tracks routed to the same instrument.
- EQ track automation had the numbers of EQ 1-4 reversed, now fixed.
- Fixed bug with recording the EQ gain knob.
- You can now modify the selected pitch bend event in objectbar.
- Copy/paste controllers in to part didn’t work when mouse was inside the controllers lanes, now fixed.
- Object bar didn’t display note length in last beat, now fixed.
- Fixed crash when loading XTC clips with missing VST plugin.
- Fixed crash when adding MIDI out device to a tack containing a VST.
- Fixed issue with custom volume knob image and old skin. Skins made in 2.7 beta v2 may have to be fixed manually.
- Duplicate track will now also copy arp data.
- Enter values for velocity and controller data manually in object bar.
- Added speedbuttons for transposing by octave in objectbar.
- Width of track panel now saved with project.
- Added mute/solo highlight state in GUI editor.
- Fixed bug with arp and hanging notes.
- Fixed bug with dragging automation and parts with trimmed start.
- Fixed some flatten bugs related to sample rate.
- Fixed bugs with SF2 loop points and sample rate.
- Fixed step rec bug on Linux.
- Will now show warning when trying to overwrite read-only project.
energyXT is on sale for 39 EUR (regular 59 EUR).
More information: XT Software
Bitwig has released version 1.0.8 of Bitwig Studio, a music production software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
From sound design to music creation, discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your productions, giving you access to every aspect of your workflow as needed. Streamline your creative process and quickly take your music from ideas to complete songs, tracks and compositions. With Bitwig Studio, you’re in command of a workflow that works best for you.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.8
- FIXED Modulated value pie was not shown correctly for some values.
- FIXED Changing the length of multiple selected notes spread over multiple clips in track note editor behaves erratic.
- FIXED Visual glitch in preview when drawing expression events over multiple audio events using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added symmetry control to distortion device which controls the mix of even/odd harmonics.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added Slope control for the decay of the E-Hat device.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Better solo behavior for return tracks.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Note pencil tool should disconnect mouse cursor during dragging to avoid limitations of movement.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Can’t drop MIDI file on existing track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Use pixel threshold for adjusting note length and velocity using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Individual note-length memory per track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Changed default install location for windows installer not to include the version number, which was causing shortcuts to the executable to stop working after upgrading.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Allow release-candidate builds to be installed in without uninstalling the normal builds on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED EQ2/5 display now show modulation.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED External instrument didn’t send MIDI CC to the selected channel.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Sampler playback was missing the first 7 samples of the attack.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED MIDI drag&drop from microtonic didn’t work on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Wrong default value for Step MOD (32/1).
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED metadata with sub-paths (shell plugs-ins/soundfont patches) no longer work.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED When adjusting note velocity, only audition changes when auditioning is actually enabled.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Hanging note when auditioned track changes while a key on the piano roll keyboard is pressed.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Quantize regression: quantizing a chord kills all but one note.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Crash when moving track with clips into FX section and then moving it out again.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash on startup of fresh install.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Random crashes when using library.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Recover the latest state of a plugin when recovering documents.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash when exporting empty arrangement as MIDI file.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED There’s no way to remove a bookmark from the browser.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW Automatically backup the state of plugins every minute when the engine is not playing.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW MIDI file export.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing type-0 MIDI files should split events into different tracks based on MIDI channels.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider track name metadata.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider tempo meta events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow to adjust note length and velocity when inserting notes via double click and drag.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow velocity adjustment when drawing notes using pencil tool by dragging vertically.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes when clicking on them (if enabled).
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Avoid note start jumping when using note pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Remember last note length when using pencil tool for notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Improved efficiency of monitoring library locations when new files are copied or deleted from library locations.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes (if enabled) when adjusting note velocity.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Change the minimum LFO rate in various devices to 0.01Hz and minimum synced rate to 32/1.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Better VST keyboard handling on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Normal sustain pedal behavior.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED device controller mappings didn’t reload correctly after saving them.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Split at onset wasn’t limited to the range of the selected event (s).
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED PDC for meters & automation limited to 32768 samples.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Graphical glitch in note expressions.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when reversing very long files.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Saving a clip with a device containing a layer device in a slot would crash.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Bouncing sometimes missed notes if it was started at the exact same location as the transport last stopped.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Novation Launchpad does not work on Linux.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when saving plugin state for a plugin that is no longer in the document.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Removing a directory under a library location that started with the same name as another directory alongside it would remove indexed information for the other directory too.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Dragging note or audio event start can result in overlapping notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Changing velocity in piano roll editor via Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Drag should also work when the target note is not selected yet.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Stretching audio events might result in overlapping events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when splitting at onsets, then quantising to wider grid than event lengths, then dragging event start.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Rare crash when double-clicking on clip in clip-launcher to show its contents.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Note velocity cannot be changed by dragging not with modifier if note is not selected.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Random crash when tooltip hides on Mac OS X.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when moving clip from effect to non-empty master track.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR / $399 USD.
More information: Bitwig
Native Instruments has launched A Giant Beat for Mankind, a limited-time sales special to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Maschine.
Until May 31, MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO will each be available at a significant discount from their regular prices, both at retailers and at the NI Online Shop.
Launched in 2009, MASCHINE significantly changed computer based beat production by merging the playability and feel of hardware with the innovations and flexibility of software. In five years, MASCHINE has established itself as the premium groove production tool for producers across all genres. MASCHINE STUDIO, the latest addition to the product range, is NI’s new flagship groove production studio. It provides hardware controls for all key features in the latest MASCHINE 2 software, and these generous control options offer a particularly quick and intuitive workflow. Features include large, high-res color screens for viewing waveforms, patterns, scenes, and NI product visuals, plus a dedicated section for monitoring mixer and meter levels.
MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO are now in their second hardware generation. MASCHINE features dedicated group buttons and a master push encoder. Most software functions are accessible directly from the hardware without any button shortcuts, offering users a fast way to capture ideas. Eight display knobs automatically map to key instrument parameters for on-the-fly tweaking and sound shaping. MASCHINE MIKRO is highly compact for use anywhere. MIKRO features the same responsive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE. Intelligent keypad shortcuts mean users get full software access despite its small footprint.
All three hardware versions feature the same powerful software. Among the new features in MASCHINE 2 software are sidechaining, unlimited groups, a new library, and a set of sonically-outstanding drum synths that allow producers to quickly design their own drum sounds.
Until May 31st 2014 at 24:00 (CET), Maschine Studio is available for purchase for 799 USD/EUR (regular 999 USD/EUR), Maschine is 499 USD/EUR (regular 599 USD/EUR), and the Maschine Mikro is 299 USD/EUR (regular 349 USD/EUR).
More information: Native Instruments / A Giant Beat for Mankind
Abeem Live Technologies has updated its Rack Performer software to version 1.01, adding many work-flow improvements and some corrections.
Multi-monitor support has been improved by making all dialogs positions more consistent (as there was quite a bit of wasteful back and forth movement required) The main menu can now be assigned to any monitor by just placing the application window at the correct location before entering “Edit” mode. A few other edge-cases were also solved.
Mapping presets and scene snapshots to standard (7bit CC) MIDI controllers is now straight-forward with a 1:1 mapping by default. But it is also possible to span the controller to a smaller range of values by lowering the presets port upper bound, making the control less sensitive. This can be useful when any module has only a few presets in use during the performance.
To align precisely the latencies of external MIDI gears controlled by the application, a new control port has been added to the special module to delay all MIDI events by a fixed time (i.e. output offset) By default all MIDI output events are sent slightly before the audio, to give the controlled gear enough time to process the commands and generate sound. Depending on the current application audio latency and the controlled MIDI gear(s) latencie(s) as well as the routing scheme in place (OTB or internal loopback mix etc) it might be necessary to set the output offsets (per MIDI gear) to get the phasing right.
Changes in Rack Performer v1.01
- Minor modifications:
- External MIDI Gear: added a special “Out Offset” control port (allows to delay sent MIDI messages in order to align the application audio output with the gear one).
- Presets port max bound is now exposed (allows to span controllers to a smaller range).
- Presets (and Scene Snaphots) control ports now have a more intuitive 1:1 mapping with 7bit MIDI controllers.
- Floating windows positions and visibilities are now saved and restored.
- Improved multi-monitor workflow by having modal windows always appear on the monitor closest to the mouse.
- Main menu in “Edit” mode is now displayed on the monitor on which the main application window (Patcher) is located.
- Adding label modules to the patch no longer restarts the wave engine.
- Improved PolyShaper module performance.
- Individual ASIO channel names are now displayed in the “audio devices” config tab.
- MIDI input is now enabled even when there are incorrect device mappings (ex: unplugged controllers).
- New hidden option to select ClearType (default) or Standard fonts anti-aliasing method (note: application does not attempt to change the method if AA is already enabled).
- To display properly, application now automatically enables fonts anti-aliasing when it is running (plus hidden config option to disable this behavior).
- Added new ticker events filter option to show/hide keyboard scene snapshots change events.
- To make technical support easier, VST plugins black-listing reasons are now saved in the DB and included in the logs.
- Bug fixes:
- The “Turbo Charger ASIO” wave engine (used in NIMO and MIMO configs) reported incorrect latencies.
- Fixed support of VST plugins reporting a negative number of programs (ex: MrRay73).
- Regression in manual GUI dispatching cinematic on multi-screen setups.
- Corrected a few edge cases around multi-monitor support.
- Although it had no consequence, it was possible to select unpowered or deleted modules into record and/or monitor groups.
- VST effects with MIDI out capabilities had a “mute” control port instead of the expected “bypass” type.
- Following a regression in previous version, PDC was not systemically applied the first time patch was powered on after loading.
- An incorrect value could be displayed sometimes in the parameter info dialog after applying changes.
- Some VST plugins did not get Control Focus when interacting with their GUI controls.
- On some setups (possibly XP only, infrequent), the screen ticker could appear to be stuck.
- Recalling scene snapshots with the keyboard mapper did not work properly in some cases.
- Using some scan settings, duplicated VST plugins could be incorrectly black-listed.
- Even with “automatic plugin black-listing” option disabled, VST scan should now properly resume and skip the bad plugins.
- Corrected one possible edge case when using the “clear cache” function of the VST scanner.
Rack Performer is available for purchase for 139 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Rack Performer
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.2 of PatchWork and version 2.2 of MB-7 Mixer, a new version of its audio plug-ins that can host third party VST plug-ins.
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.2, Blue Cat Audio has added flexible MIDI routing capabilities to its “universal plug-ins patchbay”: it is now possible to connect hosted plug-ins together or with the host application to send and receive MIDI messages.
For both plug-ins, this new version also brings the ability to rename plug-ins instances, as well as several performance and compatibility improvements (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.2
- MIDI Routing: custom MIDI routes can be created to connect plug-ins together and with the host application, to send and receive MIDI messages.
- Mono to stereo processing: the plug-in can now be used as a mono to stereo plug-in and process mono tracks with stereo effects in hosts that support it.
- The “Parameters Map” menu item is now checked when a parameter is mapped.
Changes in PatchWork v1.2 & MB-7 Mixer v2.2
- Plug-in instance Renaming: it is now possible to give a name to each instance of a plug-in.
- Improved performance of undo tracking when loading presets for plug-ins with many parameters.
- Improved performance when changing the size of the plug-in user interface.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in many host applications when sub plug-ins editors are opened (except 32-bit applications on Mac).
- Fixed compatibility issue with Pro Tools 9 on Mac (random crashes).
- Fixing crashes with some plug-ins requesting information while being opened.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork: 59 EUR/$79 USD, MB-7 Mixer is 99 EUR/$129 USD. The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio