Image-Line has announced the release of a 64-bit version of its FL Studio music production software.
FL Studio 64 Bit is a free option for existing customers while new customers get FL Studio 32 and 64 Bit with no change to current FL Studio pricing.
FL Studio 64 is available in a single unified FL Studio 32/64 Bit installer or as a 64 Bit update installer for any version of FL Studio 11.
FL Studio 64 Bit features
- Access up to 512 GB memory, depending on your Windows version.
- 32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
- Project compatibility between 32 and 64 Bit versions.
- FL Studio available as a 64 Bit VST plugin for use in 64 Bit VST hosts.
- Limitations: The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time – Buzz Adapter, Edison ‘Clean Audio’ function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT (*Planned for a future 64 Bit update).
Find more details on the 64-bit update at this news post.
FL Studio is available for purchase in various editions, starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers can save 10% off a purchase here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Ableton has released version 9.1.3 of the Live 9 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work.
Changes in Live v9.3.1 features
- Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for AKAI MPK225, MPK249, MPK261.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue which caused CPU spikes when moving a MIDI note in a track containing certain Ableton devices with automated parameters while the transport is not playing.
- Fixed CPU overloads and audio artifacts which might occur when moving MIDI notes in the MIDI editor, if the track contained certain third-party VST plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that caused the active Control Scripts to be loaded again when activating an additional Control Surface.
- Enabling multiple tracks for recording and then triggering the Session Record button from the APC40 MKII would only record into the currently selected track instead of all armed tracks.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Max for Live devices from grabbing the APC40 Clip Matrix.
- Manual mappings for the APC40′s Device Bank buttons would not work any more after pressing the device’s Shift button.
- Fixed an issue on the Mackie Control Pro where the display would not show the parameter’s values correctly, after previously enabling the level meters.
- Fixed a graphical glitch which could occur when changing an Arrangement track’s vertical zoom level via the Mackie Control or a Max for Live device. Under certain conditions, this could also lead to a crash.
- Importing a Session View clip containing automation for a Max for Live device into another Live Set would create automation breakpoints in the Arrangement View.
- When loop is activated in the Arrangement View, MIDI sustain messages and other CC# messages would not be recorded reliably after the first loop iteration.
- Live would allocate an unusually high amount of RAM when rendering video with the 64-bit version on OS X.
- When configuring plug-in parameters, some sliders in Live’s plug-in panel would not match the position of the respective parameter in the plug-in GUI.
- After installing a newly purchased Pack, Live would show an error message and the Pack couldn’t be used until Live was authorized manually again.
- Text in deactivated clips was not readable with certain skins.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when closing the plug-in window of a UAD Audio Unit by pressing the [ESC] key.
- Fixed a crash which might occur when renaming a Drum Rack pad while triggering another pad.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when running as a ReWire slave and creating a new Live Set without saving the previous Set.
- Under certain circumstances, Live would delete send automation or modulation envelopes from clips when exporting clips or tracks to the browser. Additionally, Live could crash when using the undo feature after such an export operation.
- Changes for Push:
- Certain Max for Live devices which accessed the Push Touch Strip would not work properly.
The update is now available to download.
More information: Ableton
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.3 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new version of the “universal plug-ins patch bay” available in multiple audio plug-in formats.
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.3, it is now possible to host Audio Unit plug-ins inside the plug-in on Mac (in addition to VST plug-ins). Copy/paste enhancements simplify moving plug-ins in the signal chain or between applications. Several compatibility and performance improvements have also been included (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.3
- New Features:
- Audio Unit hosting support: Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in on Mac.
- Plug-ins can now be cut from a slot for cut/paste operations.
- Plug-ins can now be pasted into a slot with their params map.
- User interface loading or resizing is now up to 50% faster.
- Reduced the size of windows installers.
- Minor layout changes.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when unloading some plug-ins on Mac (Waves plug-ins for example).
- (Win/AAX) Fixed shortcut to user manual in start menu.
- (AAX) Fixed inaccurate transport information reported to sub plug-ins when stopping playback in Pro Tools.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX) is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD (VAT excluded). The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat / PatchWork
Image-Line has posted a previe video of the new vectorial mixer that will be part of the upcoming FL Studio 12 music production software.
The FL Studio 12 Alpha preview version is available to download for FL Studio owners. Note that the new mixer is not included yet.
New Image-Line customers can purchase a license of FL Studio with 10% discount.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 Alpha
Juno Ju-X has released Hosting AU, a microDAW application for hosting AudioUnit plugins.
For the first serve, here I release Hosting AU microDAW. This is a micro-sized Digital Audio Workstation for OSX that hosts Audio Unit synth and effect plugins, comes with 4ch+1 mixer with ext-audio input, 24-bit recorder, Music-Typing kind of feature called “LazyKey”.
For who has Sequera or 3rd party MIDI sequencer, you can make any kind of music that focuses on simplicity (for dancing or whatever!) You can think it like using a 4ch MTR.
Hosting AU is available to download as freeware for Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard or later.
More information: Juno Ju-X / Hosting AU
XT Software has released version 2.7 of energyXT, the music production software for Windows, Mac and Linux.
With energyXT you can focus on the music, instead of becoming distracted by tons of features you don’t need.
Changes in energyXT v2.7
- Track presets.
- Add up to 8 favorite VST params for each track (using VST plugin) in the mixer with MIDI controller support.
- Added support for VST IO changes.
- Added level per audio clip.
- The Editor Tab buttons can now be merged with main menu to save screen space (on by default).
- Preview loops in browser will now play in sync with song.
- Mixer strip in sequencer now has audio output selector by track (and not per VST) for multi-out VST plug-ins.
- Added transpose buttons to object bar.
- New mixer panel in sequencer (like in v1.4).
- Render audio to drum pad.
- Record VST automation with MIDI controllers (using favorite params mapping on track).
- Added Favorites section to browser.
- Recording audio will now name the recorded files using the track name.
- Drag & drop plugins on to MIDI tracks will now replace current plugin (s), unless shift or alt is pressed.
- Copy/paste controller data.
- Drag samples from audio pool to sampler.
- Use Alt + Shift + Up/Down to change velocity and controllers by +/- 1.
- Add MIDI track from track menu.
- MIDI to markers on/off is now saved per project (and not global option).
- Invert selection.
- Rewind will now restart current marker in marker-track mode.
- Nicer logo in titlebar.
- Fixed a multi-timbral bug as MIDI events was not sent in sorted order when multiple tracks routed to the same instrument.
- EQ track automation had the numbers of EQ 1-4 reversed, now fixed.
- Fixed bug with recording the EQ gain knob.
- You can now modify the selected pitch bend event in objectbar.
- Copy/paste controllers in to part didn’t work when mouse was inside the controllers lanes, now fixed.
- Object bar didn’t display note length in last beat, now fixed.
- Fixed crash when loading XTC clips with missing VST plugin.
- Fixed crash when adding MIDI out device to a tack containing a VST.
- Fixed issue with custom volume knob image and old skin. Skins made in 2.7 beta v2 may have to be fixed manually.
- Duplicate track will now also copy arp data.
- Enter values for velocity and controller data manually in object bar.
- Added speedbuttons for transposing by octave in objectbar.
- Width of track panel now saved with project.
- Added mute/solo highlight state in GUI editor.
- Fixed bug with arp and hanging notes.
- Fixed bug with dragging automation and parts with trimmed start.
- Fixed some flatten bugs related to sample rate.
- Fixed bugs with SF2 loop points and sample rate.
- Fixed step rec bug on Linux.
- Will now show warning when trying to overwrite read-only project.
energyXT is on sale for 39 EUR (regular 59 EUR).
More information: XT Software
Bitwig has released version 1.0.8 of Bitwig Studio, a music production software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
From sound design to music creation, discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your productions, giving you access to every aspect of your workflow as needed. Streamline your creative process and quickly take your music from ideas to complete songs, tracks and compositions. With Bitwig Studio, you’re in command of a workflow that works best for you.
Changes in Bitwig Studio v1.0.8
- FIXED Modulated value pie was not shown correctly for some values.
- FIXED Changing the length of multiple selected notes spread over multiple clips in track note editor behaves erratic.
- FIXED Visual glitch in preview when drawing expression events over multiple audio events using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added symmetry control to distortion device which controls the mix of even/odd harmonics.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Added Slope control for the decay of the E-Hat device.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Better solo behavior for return tracks.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Note pencil tool should disconnect mouse cursor during dragging to avoid limitations of movement.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Can’t drop MIDI file on existing track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Use pixel threshold for adjusting note length and velocity using pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Individual note-length memory per track.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Changed default install location for windows installer not to include the version number, which was causing shortcuts to the executable to stop working after upgrading.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED Allow release-candidate builds to be installed in without uninstalling the normal builds on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] IMPROVED EQ2/5 display now show modulation.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED External instrument didn’t send MIDI CC to the selected channel.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Sampler playback was missing the first 7 samples of the attack.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED MIDI drag&drop from microtonic didn’t work on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Wrong default value for Step MOD (32/1).
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED metadata with sub-paths (shell plugs-ins/soundfont patches) no longer work.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED When adjusting note velocity, only audition changes when auditioning is actually enabled.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Hanging note when auditioned track changes while a key on the piano roll keyboard is pressed.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Quantize regression: quantizing a chord kills all but one note.
- [1.0.8 RC3] FIXED Crash when moving track with clips into FX section and then moving it out again.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash on startup of fresh install.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Random crashes when using library.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Recover the latest state of a plugin when recovering documents.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED Crash when exporting empty arrangement as MIDI file.
- [1.0.8 RC2] FIXED There’s no way to remove a bookmark from the browser.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW Automatically backup the state of plugins every minute when the engine is not playing.
- [1.0.8 RC1] NEW MIDI file export.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing type-0 MIDI files should split events into different tracks based on MIDI channels.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider track name metadata.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Importing MIDI file should consider tempo meta events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow to adjust note length and velocity when inserting notes via double click and drag.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Allow velocity adjustment when drawing notes using pencil tool by dragging vertically.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes when clicking on them (if enabled).
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Avoid note start jumping when using note pencil tool.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Remember last note length when using pencil tool for notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Improved efficiency of monitoring library locations when new files are copied or deleted from library locations.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Audition notes (if enabled) when adjusting note velocity.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Change the minimum LFO rate in various devices to 0.01Hz and minimum synced rate to 32/1.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Better VST keyboard handling on windows.
- [1.0.8 RC1] IMPROVED Normal sustain pedal behavior.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED device controller mappings didn’t reload correctly after saving them.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Split at onset wasn’t limited to the range of the selected event (s).
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED PDC for meters & automation limited to 32768 samples.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Graphical glitch in note expressions.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when reversing very long files.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Saving a clip with a device containing a layer device in a slot would crash.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Bouncing sometimes missed notes if it was started at the exact same location as the transport last stopped.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Novation Launchpad does not work on Linux.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when saving plugin state for a plugin that is no longer in the document.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Removing a directory under a library location that started with the same name as another directory alongside it would remove indexed information for the other directory too.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Dragging note or audio event start can result in overlapping notes.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Changing velocity in piano roll editor via Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Drag should also work when the target note is not selected yet.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Stretching audio events might result in overlapping events.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when splitting at onsets, then quantising to wider grid than event lengths, then dragging event start.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Rare crash when double-clicking on clip in clip-launcher to show its contents.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Note velocity cannot be changed by dragging not with modifier if note is not selected.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Random crash when tooltip hides on Mac OS X.
- [1.0.8 RC1] FIXED Crash when moving clip from effect to non-empty master track.
Bitwig Studio is available for purchase for 299 EUR / $399 USD.
More information: Bitwig