MuTools has announced version 5.3 of its MuLab music production system and MUX Vst flexible modular synth and effect plug-in.
The MuLab sound and music production system transforms a computer into an inspiring modular studio.
Changes in MuLab / MUX Vst v5.3
- Improved support for multi-track audio recording.
- Automation parts can now also do MIDI controllers, Aftertouch and Pitch Bend.
- Support for looped automation parts.
- Easier handling of automation & modulation envelopes.
- REX file support.
- Improved Auto Scroll behavior.
- New sequence function: Quantize Notes 50%.
- Mixdown dialog: Added a button to quickly set the From-To to the composition loop.
- New “Modular Feedback Delay” module which can have any module in the feedback path, even a MUX, even a VST, even any combi of those.
- New “TF Lowpass Filter” module.
- Wobble Modulator: New “Curve” and “Alternating Offset” controls resulting in more control over the resulting wobble.
- Modular editor now supports lasso select to move, copy and delete multiple modules at once.
- Improved editing of oscillator super layers.
- Samples: Added a “Create New Sample From Selection” function.
- Further enhanced VST compatibility.
- Floating Window Bar gives more control over the floating windows.
- Preferences can now be edited in a user friendly way from within the app. See MULAB menu -> Edit Preferences.
- Almost 50 other little improvements in looks & functionality.
MuLab is available to purchase for 29 EUR (XL) / 69 EUR (UL), MUX Vst is 49 EUR (UL).
More information: Mutools
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in promo
on Dec 31, 2013
Plugin Boutique has launched a sale for the Sonar X3 music production software for Windows by Cakewalk.
Create music in any style with cutting-edge instruments, effects, and creative tools. Thanks to the award-winning Skylight user interface, SONAR X3 lets you move seamlessly in your production workspace, instantly going from recording to editing to mixing and back again.
Produce flawless tracks with the 64-Bit Double Precision audio engine and upload polished mixes directly to YouTube and SoundCloud. Plus, SONAR X3 lets you do it all without limiting the number of tracks and plugins; all while supporting the latest technologies like VST3, multi-touch, and Gobbler cloud save.
Cakewalk Sonar X3 is available at a 50% discount at Plugin Boutique on December 31st, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Sonar X3
A first beta of the Renoise 3 tracker-based digital audio workstation for Windows, Mac, and Linux has been released.
We are happy to announce that the first beta of Renoise 3.0 has arrived! The download is available for all users with a Renoise 3.0 license from our backstage.
New in Renoise 3
- Supercharged instruments with per-sample modulation, effects and more.
- New real-time performance options.
- Instrument phrases.
- New DSP effects and pattern commands.
- Reworked GUI.
- More details in the release notes.
Renoise is available to purchase for 58 EUR (excl. VAT) until the release of Renoise 3, after which the price will go up to 65 EUR. Renoise 3 beta builds are available for registered users in the Renoise Backstage.
More information: Renoise
Apple has released version 10.0.5 of its Logic Pro X digital audio workstation software for Mac.
Keep the creativity flowing with advanced new tools and an intuitive interface that makes them easily accessible whenever you need them. And enjoy the full set of powerful features Logic Pro users already love, now made even better.
Changes in Logic Pro X v10.0.5
- Adds 3 new Drummers and 11 new Drum Kit Designer patches.
- Significant enhancements to Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ plug-ins including redesigned interfaces that are also accessible within the Smart Controls area.
- Solo now works as expected on channel strips using an External I/O plug-in.
- Volume and pan automation is now included in XML interchange with Final Cut Pro X.
- Loops that belong to the same family can be selected and changed using a new control in the region header.
- The waveform size in an audio region now adapts to the value of the region Gain parameter.
- The Link mode button is now available for the Piano Roll editor.
- Includes stability improvements.
Logic Pro X for Mac is available to purchase for $199.99 USD.
More information: Apple / Logic Pro X
, effect plugins
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 18, 2013
Image-Line has announced its End of Year Sale, offering 40% off FL Studio and 70% off its All Plugins Bundle.
As another year draws to a close we would like to thank everyone who has supported Image-Line and made FL Studio one of the worlds most popular DAW software applications.
To celebrate, we are giving 40% off all FL Studio Editions, Upgrades & FL Studio Gift Certificates and 70% off with the All Plugins Bundle.
You can even use the All Plugins Bundle if you already own FL Studio and some plugins. We’ll remove anything you already own so you pay just 30% for the remaining plugins.
The sale ends January 3rd, 2014.
More information: Image-Line
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of PatchWork, the “universal plug-ins patchbay” plug-in that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork it is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently.
This new version mainly brings sub plug-in automation support thanks to new parameter mapping features, phase flip and gain compensation for parallel chains, a few compatibility improvements and many more enhancements (details below): It is now possible to map hosted plug-ins’ parameters to external parameters that can be controlled by host automation or external control surfaces.
Changes in Blue Cat’s PatchWork v1.1
- New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a “learn” mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Usual Blue Cat Audio plug-ins’ advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- In some hosts, when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- Fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically (“Reson” for example).
- Fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
- Some plug-ins that required the deprecated “effIdle” VST message should now work properly (Steinberg’s Virtual Guitarist for example).
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 47 EUR / $63 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 59 EUR / $79 USD).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Audiomeals has announced the release of Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design.
Plug-In Channel Strip features eight plug-in modules where you can load any VST effect to design your own VST channel strip, including plug-ins like equalizers, delays, reverbs, distortion, flanger, compressors or any other VST effect from your computer.
Send your mic or instrument input into PCS to design the sound you want while PCS processes the incoming audio through eight plug-In modules.
Plug-In Channel Strip features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Up to 8 plug-ins channel strip.
- Save & Recall options.
- Mono & Stereo Input modes.
- Virtual Instrument module available. Play any virtual instrument through the plug-in channel strip.
- Vocoder module available. Load any virtual instrument to use it as your vocoder sound source, feed the vocoder with your mic input and process the audio through the plug-in channel strip.
- Output recording on WAV-AIFF-SD2-AU formats. Up to 192kHz/32-bits, depending your soundcard.
- Use Plug-In Channel Strip within any DAW or audio editor via Soundflower or JK Pipe (for Protools).
The Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac OS X 10.6 or later is available to purchase for $7 USD / 5 EUR. Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Audiomeals
Nassen Software Development has releases RnT2, an experimental plug-in host application and VST plug-in for Windows.
RnT2, the next generation of RaX’n'TraX, is based on a modular concept.
It has pattern and linear sequencers which all have their own length and tempo. Even pitch, dynamics and timing can run independently.
RnT2 for Windows (Standalone/VST) is available to purchase for 50 EUR.
NDS has also updated the Modulys experimental Midi-plugin to v1.3.
Changes in Modulys v1.3
- New drum maps.
- Optimized code + GUI resources.
- Bug fixes.
- Price dropped.
Modulys for Windows (VST) is now available to purchase for 30 EUR (40% price drop).
More information: Nassen Software Development