, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Mar 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a contest in collaboration with Novation, giving away 10 bundles of the Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition.
We’re teaming up with our friends at Novation to give away TEN bundles of a Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition (or IL VCash equivalent to be used in the Image-Line shop if you already own FL Studio). Don’t forget FL Studio also includes Lifetime Free Updates.
To enter the contest you need to name one track used in the performance above. The contest ends March 28th, 2014, at 16:00 GMT.
More information: FL Studio / Launchpad S contest
Cakewalk has announced its upcoming free SONAR X3e update, which will be available later this month.
Suitable for all three versions of the SONAR family (X3, X3 Studio, and X3 Producer), this update continues to focus on direct “wish list” feedback from Cakewalk customers.
SONAR X3e is the fifth free update since the X3 launch in September 2013, and features nearly 100 enhancements including improvements to the audio engine, loop recording, ARA (Audio Random Access), comping, and much more. SONAR X3e once again reinforces Cakewalk’s commitment to supporting the ever-growing number of users who have embraced SONAR X3’s superior workflow, functionality, and exceptional versatility.
“The continuing success of SONAR X3 is the result of what has essentially become a partnership with our user base. Their suggestions for enhancements have not only provided detailed, intelligent feedback, but inspired us to continue building on SONAR X3’s stability and functionality” said Cakewalk Product Manager Bill Jackson. “We are happy to release such a comprehensive list of enhancements to our loyal user base.”
The SONAR X3 family comprises SONAR X3 ($99), which delivers extraordinary value; SONAR X3 Studio ($199), targeted to advanced home and project studios; and SONAR X3 Producer ($499), designed to meet the demands of professionals who require a program with the versatility to handle any kind of project.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X3
Zynewave has released version 3.2.1 of Podium Free, a free music production software for Windows.
Podium is a modern digital audio workstation (DAW) for Windows. It supports recording and editing of audio and MIDI, and hosts VST instrument and effect plugins.
Podium Free is a freeware edition of Podium. It is fully functional with only a few feature limitations. Download and installation does not require registration.
Changes in Podium Free v3.2.1
- Podium Free is available as both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) builds.
- Support for Unicode file names and text input.
- New “Control Surfaces” page in the Audio/MIDI setup dialog. Up to eight Mackie Control compatible devices can be configured.
- Support for jBridge x86/x64 VST plugin wrapper.
- The installer allows specifying separate installation paths for Podium Free and the bundled Zynewave plugins.
- The installer includes an updated Podium Guide html document. Selecting context help in Podium will open this document instead of opening the online guide on the Zynewave website.
- Included a new Podium Release History html document that can be opened from the Podium Help menu.
- Reorganized the edit menu. Inactive menu commands that were previously hidden are now shown as grayed out, to make the appearance of the edit menu more consistent.
- Added several new edit menu commands to the note, curve and arrangement editors. Some of the commands open dialogs for adjusting velocities, transposition, curve points and sound events.
- Added several new mouse edit shortcuts to the velocity region. The shortcuts are listed in the popup help for the note velocity mode buttons.
- Support for mice with 4-way scroll wheel.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements.
Podium Free is available to download for Windows.
More information: Zynewave / Podium Free
Image-Line has announced a second beta of Minihost Modular, a free modular plugin host for Windows and Mac.
This beta includes improvements and fixes based on user feedback so far. We thank the beta-testers for their enthusiastic response to Minihost Modular.
Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The new beta installers for Windows & OS X are available to download for registered Image-Line users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular Beta 2
Sensomusic has announced Usine Hollyhock 1.1, a major improvement to music software dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
We made a particular effort to improve the stability and the efficiency of the audio engine.
Usine 1.1 provides a new global ergonomics and design to make Usine simpler than ever with a fresh and user friendly interface.
Also a powerful help system has been implemented to support new users.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.1
- The audio engine is much more efficient.
- Global speed optimization more than 20% on heavy workspaces.
- Loading of patches and workspaces is 2x faster.
- Saving of patches and workspaces is 10x faster.
- More stable than ever.
- Many other improvements, and bugs fixed.
Usine Hollyhock for Windows and Mac is currently available to purchase for 119 EUR (30% off regular of 179 EUR). The update from previous version of Usine is 49 EUR (regular 79 EUR).
More information: Sensomusic
Steinberg has announced updates for its Cubase and Nuendo software products.
Steinberg is happy to announce the availability of new maintenance updates for Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7, Cubase Elements 7, Cubase AI 7, Cubase LE 7 and Nuendo 6.
The 7.0.7 update for Cubase and the 6.0.7 update for Nuendo resolve several issues in areas such as MixConsole, project management and plug-ins.
Plus, the Nuendo 6.0.7 update includes an important rewrite of the AAF import filter, fixing issues occurring with AAF import of Pro Tools and Media Composer files.
All updates are now available for free download from the Steinberg website.
More information: Steinberg
Image-Line has announced the release of a public beta version of Minihost Modular, a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose.
As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment.
Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The beta of Minihost Modular is available to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2014 - 0 comments
PreSonus has announced it is now shipping Studio One 2.6.2, the latest update to its award-winning DAW software.
The company is also shipping three new Add-ons for Studio One: Ampire XT Metal Pack Extension, Goldbaby Essentials Vintage Drum Machines, and Studio One Artist MP3 Converter.
Studio One 2.6.2 introduces support for Add-ons, which are program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher. Add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store. The update also fixes a few known issues.
The Ampire XT Metal Pack Add-on includes 6 new amp models and 6 new speaker-cabinet emulations.
Studio One Add-ons
- The Ampire XT Metal Pack is an extension for PreSonus’ Ampire XT Native Effects™ plug-in that includes six new amp models and six new speaker-cabinet emulations designed specifically for metal guitarists. It also includes a brand-new Metal Drumkit for the Impact virtual drum instrument.
- Goldbaby Essentials is an exclusive soundset for PreSonus’ Impact virtual drum instrument that features a collection of 500 vintage analog and digital drum machine and beatbox samples. Designed by acclaimed producer and sound designer Goldbaby, the sounds in this set have been meticulously sampled, edited, and post-processed using analog tape machines and studio tools. Goldbaby Essentials comes with 32 ready-to-play Impact drum kit presets and 124 new Musicloops.
- MP3 Converter is an extension that adds professional-quality (up to 320 kB/s) MP3 encoding and drag-and-drop MP3 decoding to Studio One Artist 2.6.2 and higher.
PreSonus Studio One Add-ons can be purchased directly online and are installed by dragging-and-dropping on the Studio One application icon or window.
Ampire XT Metal Pack and Goldbaby Essentials cost $29.99 USD each, and MP3 Converter is $9.99 USD. The Studio One 2.6.2 update is free to all registered users of Studio One 2.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One