Nassen Software Development has releases RnT2, an experimental plug-in host application and VST plug-in for Windows.
RnT2, the next generation of RaX’n'TraX, is based on a modular concept.
It has pattern and linear sequencers which all have their own length and tempo. Even pitch, dynamics and timing can run independently.
RnT2 for Windows (Standalone/VST) is available to purchase for 50 EUR.
NDS has also updated the Modulys experimental Midi-plugin to v1.3.
Changes in Modulys v1.3
- New drum maps.
- Optimized code + GUI resources.
- Bug fixes.
- Price dropped.
Modulys for Windows (VST) is now available to purchase for 30 EUR (40% price drop).
More information: Nassen Software Development
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects.
Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the impressive feature set of Cubase and increase professionals’ productivity when producing music.
“The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I’m confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today,” comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
Changes in Cubase 7.5
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from December 4, 2013, priced at MSRP 599 EUR and 299 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013
Image-Line has announced version 11.0.4 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
We are pleased to announce FL Studio has been updated to 11.0.4. This adds IL Remote compatibility, expanded controller support and fixes the list of issues reported since FL Studio 11.0.3.
FL Studio’s Performance Mode with the newly supported Livid BASE controller.
Changes in FL Studio 11.0.4
- IL Remote support – IL Remote (soon to be released) is an Android & iOS programmable controller App for FL Studio & Deckadance 2. Check the manual entry here while you wait.
- Added support for the following controllers – Novation Launch Control, DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D, Electrix Tweaker, Livid VNTRL-R & Livid BASE.
- Newtone: Updated engine (bugfixes, works more like FL Piano roll & move around with arrow keys).
- Control Surface: Fixed oversized sliders after saving and loading a preset or song.
- Edison: Fixed drag/drop to FL browser.
- Patcher: Various bugfixes.
- ReWired: Fixed bug hiding plugin editor. fix for device enumeration.
- Wrapper: Fixed keyboard input in some VST3 plugins, added context menu support for (some) VST 3.5 plugins.
FL Studio is available to purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers receive 10% discount on their first order at the Image-Line online shop.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Ableton has updated its Live music production software to version 9.1, providing several significant improvements for users of Live 9 and Push.
Live 9.1 takes advantage of multiple monitors to show you more at once.
Live 9.1 introduces support for two windows, including the option to place the windows on different monitors. Want to use the Session View mixer while keeping an eye on the Arrangement? How about using one monitor for tweaking effects parameters and another monitor for editing a MIDI clip? We hope this feature will please those users who told us how keen they are on dual monitor support, and it certainly promises to be a workflow booster for many music-making scenarios.
For Push owners, Live 9.1 introduces a brand new melodic step sequencer. Enter notes manually, or play them in, then edit each note in the sequence precisely – all via the hands-on interface of Push. Plus, you can now edit automation with step-by-step accuracy – maybe open up a filter for single notes, or add a splash of reverb to the last notes of a sequence.
Finally, there are a couple of under the hood changes that we’d like to draw your attention to. Live 9.1 includes a new rendering algorithm for better quality audio when exporting from higher to lower sample rates – for instance, going from 96kHz to 44.1kHz. Also, rendering now uses multiple cores, which can result in much faster exports. Ultra high-quality rendering and faster renders – now in Live 9.1.
Read the release notes for more details on what is new in Live 9.1.
The update is free for all owners of Live 9 (manual download required, earlier versions of Live 9 will not automatically update to Live 9.1).
More information: Ableton / Live
eaReckon has announced version 1.5 of its BloXpander VST host software for live performance.
This VST host has been designed to meet the requirements of musicians and sound engineers in live situations. As a serious musician, you surely need a complete DAW to record your music, but when you are in front of your audience, it may be easier to use something dedicated to live situations.
And during live situations, the access to your instruments and effects must be fast and intuitive. The adjustment of these must be done efficiently, and the necessary software sub layers running on your computer should not be your concern when it comes to play or produce music.
Changes in BloXpander v1.5
- New “Live View” – You can now switch from the classic console View to a “Live View” providing essential controls to be used once your scenes prepared. Controls in the Live View are highly contrasted and quite large (touchscreen friendly). The “Live View” can also be used to manage your scenes and sets the easy way. For example, it is possible to move or copy a scene from a set to another (drag n drop), rename it or change its index in the set from an easy dialog.
- Improved user interface – If we look beyond the updated graphics that improve the overall look of the console and the redesigned plug-ins case, some controls have also been added or relocated in order to provide a better workflow. The following details represent a non-exhaustive list of changes. The automatic layout adaption should work better with small screens (especially when the resolution height is 768). Should the screen or window width be too small to display the Console View (between 600 and 960 pixels), the Live View will automatically be activated. If you are using a Tablet PC with a screen resolution of 1280×800 (800×1280 in “portrait” mode), it should then be possible to switch from the Console View to the Live View by tilting your device. Transport controls are now accessible from a “Big Display” panel which includes the LCD emulation. This panel can be hidden and can have a semi-transparent aspect. For your convenience, an extra Play button and a Tempo control have been added to the “Touch Zone”. Side panels can be hidden in order to enlarge the console. Finally, the background of the console view can be customized and you still have the option to choose between the new console layout and the previous one.
- The interface is now available in three languages : English, French and German.
- Master Record – It is now possible to record the master bus to a WAV file.
- Improved MIDI engine:
- “Insert Subscene Lock” option.
- Inserts can now be selectively locked so their state does not change when a subscene is called. For example, this feature can be used to avoid a sampler to reload its content when switching to another scene while allowing effects to be updated.
- The “lock” state of each insert is saved with scenes.
- Various improvements:
- Channel names can be edited (and saved with scenes).
- Improved “MIDI Sync In” option (featuring an offset option).
- New per-plug-in “Hot Update” option: will speed up the scene loading process when some specific plug-ins (samplers/romplers mostly) are involved.
- New per-plug-in “Force MIDI process” option which should help plug-ins that do not explicitly report their MIDI capabilities to work as expected.
- New global “Master Mode” option: can be used to specify whether or not the Master level should be recalled from scenes.
- New global transpose option in the MIDI filter: can be used to quickly set a global transpose value that will be applied to all channels.
- The previous “subscene store” process has been replaced by a more direct and less confusing “Store/Call” mode switch.
- Improved minimizing process and new tray icon.
- Hot Keys can be selectively enabled/disabled and are automatically disabled when BloXpander is minimized.
- New “Expert” options.
- The tempo value is now stored with subscenes.
- New “default” scene option (to be loaded on launch).
- Updated manuals.
- Fixed bugs:
- Improved “MIDI Plug-ins Recall” feature (avoids a potential crash).
- Improved handling of some specific resizable plug-ins (these plug-ins were not resized correctly).
- Improved inserts drag n drop (copy/move) feature (avoids a potential crash).
- Various minor bug fixes.
BloXpander for Windows costs 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander
Blue Cat Audio has announced the release of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new plug-in that can be described as a “universal plug-ins patchbay”.
PatchWork can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently, and create many effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format. Despite the plug-in’s name, no wiring or cabling is required: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack’s matrix.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with the session or saved with presets.
- Configurable VST plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- Available as an effect or virtual instrument.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 “pre” and “post” plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control (“Mix”).
- Copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully configurable user interface, with multiple sizes.
PatchWork is available to purchase at an introductory discount of 20% until December 31st, 2013. Existing Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Sensomusic has released version 1.02.012 of its Usine Hollyhock music software dedicated to live music and real-time installations.
You’ll find 3 new devices modules: the Leap Motion module, the serial port module (to work with Arduino and other serial devices) and the Wiimote module – create interaction with movements and gestures with the Leap motion, build your own MIDI devices with the Arduino and sensors and conduct your patches with the Wiimote.
Changes in Usine Hollyhock v1.02.012
- New modules: Serial and Arduino, Wiimote, Leap Motion, Clock, Count milliseconds, Change Scale, Counter, Quantize Data, Quantize Button, Quantize MIDI.
- Improved MIDI clock management: directly included into the devices. Much more accurate and precise.
- Improvements in the Doppler library patch, Queue Data in Array module, and MIDI Quantize sub patch.
- Fixed: important memory crash on store/recall preset of plug-ins.
- Fixed: [Report #9] on plug-ins module, ‘params’ and ‘params names’ doesn’t update when changing preset.
- Fixed: [Report #31] on plug-ins module, param value in setting panel doesn’t update when manipulated by patch.
- Fixed: plug-ins module, in some case, bypass produces noise.
- Fixed: various details in the Ramp module.
- Fixed: mapping curves doesn’t work properly on binds.
- Fixed: [Report #39] buttons and commands colors of the preset manager.
Usine Hollyhock for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 159 EUR (20% off regular 199 EUR).
More information: Sensomusic
, instrument plugins
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Oct 31, 2013
Native Instruments has announced the release of MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE 2.0, the new flagship groove production studio and next generation of MASCHINE software.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system for tactile, creative beatmaking with an acclaimed sound library.
MASCHINE STUDIO joins the acclaimed family of MASCHINE products with expanded tactile control and two hi-resolution color displays. Powerful new MASCHINE 2.0 delivers a new mixer page, new audio engine, dynamic drum synth plug-ins, and much more to all three MASCHINE hardware versions.
Create and perform rhythms, harmonies, and melodies faster than you ever thought possible. MASCHINE STUDIO’s workflow keeps you laser-focused on the quest for the perfect groove. Its pattern-based sequencer and high-performance sampler, exemplary drum synths, incredible suite of creative effects and pro instruments, and acclaimed sound library deliver ultimate production power.
And MASCHINE STUDIO’s impressive hardware delivers full tactile workflow.
Maschine Studio is available to purchase for $999 USD / 999 EUR (includes Maschine 2.0). Current Maschine users can upgrade to Maschine 2.0 for $99 USD / 99 EUR.
Customers who purchased Maschine/Maschine Mikro between October 1st-November 1st, 2013 will receive a free download for Maschine 2.0 on November 1st, 2013.
More information: Native Instruments / Maschine Studio