, effect plugins
, FL Studio
, Fruity Loops
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced its End of Year Sale, offering 40% off FL Studio and 70% off its All Plugins Bundle.
As another year draws to a close we would like to thank everyone who has supported Image-Line and made FL Studio one of the worlds most popular DAW software applications.
To celebrate, we are giving 40% off all FL Studio Editions, Upgrades & FL Studio Gift Certificates and 70% off with the All Plugins Bundle.
You can even use the All Plugins Bundle if you already own FL Studio and some plugins. We’ll remove anything you already own so you pay just 30% for the remaining plugins.
The sale ends January 3rd, 2014.
More information: Image-Line
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of PatchWork, the “universal plug-ins patchbay” plug-in that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork it is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently.
This new version mainly brings sub plug-in automation support thanks to new parameter mapping features, phase flip and gain compensation for parallel chains, a few compatibility improvements and many more enhancements (details below): It is now possible to map hosted plug-ins’ parameters to external parameters that can be controlled by host automation or external control surfaces.
Changes in Blue Cat’s PatchWork v1.1
- New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a “learn” mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Usual Blue Cat Audio plug-ins’ advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- In some hosts, when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- Fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically (“Reson” for example).
- Fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
- Some plug-ins that required the deprecated “effIdle” VST message should now work properly (Steinberg’s Virtual Guitarist for example).
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 47 EUR / $63 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 59 EUR / $79 USD).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
Audiomeals has announced the release of Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design.
Plug-In Channel Strip features eight plug-in modules where you can load any VST effect to design your own VST channel strip, including plug-ins like equalizers, delays, reverbs, distortion, flanger, compressors or any other VST effect from your computer.
Send your mic or instrument input into PCS to design the sound you want while PCS processes the incoming audio through eight plug-In modules.
Plug-In Channel Strip features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Up to 8 plug-ins channel strip.
- Save & Recall options.
- Mono & Stereo Input modes.
- Virtual Instrument module available. Play any virtual instrument through the plug-in channel strip.
- Vocoder module available. Load any virtual instrument to use it as your vocoder sound source, feed the vocoder with your mic input and process the audio through the plug-in channel strip.
- Output recording on WAV-AIFF-SD2-AU formats. Up to 192kHz/32-bits, depending your soundcard.
- Use Plug-In Channel Strip within any DAW or audio editor via Soundflower or JK Pipe (for Protools).
The Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac OS X 10.6 or later is available to purchase for $7 USD / 5 EUR. Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Audiomeals
Nassen Software Development has releases RnT2, an experimental plug-in host application and VST plug-in for Windows.
RnT2, the next generation of RaX’n'TraX, is based on a modular concept.
It has pattern and linear sequencers which all have their own length and tempo. Even pitch, dynamics and timing can run independently.
RnT2 for Windows (Standalone/VST) is available to purchase for 50 EUR.
NDS has also updated the Modulys experimental Midi-plugin to v1.3.
Changes in Modulys v1.3
- New drum maps.
- Optimized code + GUI resources.
- Bug fixes.
- Price dropped.
Modulys for Windows (VST) is now available to purchase for 30 EUR (40% price drop).
More information: Nassen Software Development
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects.
Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the impressive feature set of Cubase and increase professionals’ productivity when producing music.
“The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I’m confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today,” comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
Changes in Cubase 7.5
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from December 4, 2013, priced at MSRP 599 EUR and 299 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Nov 27, 2013 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced version 11.0.4 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
We are pleased to announce FL Studio has been updated to 11.0.4. This adds IL Remote compatibility, expanded controller support and fixes the list of issues reported since FL Studio 11.0.3.
FL Studio’s Performance Mode with the newly supported Livid BASE controller.
Changes in FL Studio 11.0.4
- IL Remote support – IL Remote (soon to be released) is an Android & iOS programmable controller App for FL Studio & Deckadance 2. Check the manual entry here while you wait.
- Added support for the following controllers – Novation Launch Control, DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D, Electrix Tweaker, Livid VNTRL-R & Livid BASE.
- Newtone: Updated engine (bugfixes, works more like FL Piano roll & move around with arrow keys).
- Control Surface: Fixed oversized sliders after saving and loading a preset or song.
- Edison: Fixed drag/drop to FL browser.
- Patcher: Various bugfixes.
- ReWired: Fixed bug hiding plugin editor. fix for device enumeration.
- Wrapper: Fixed keyboard input in some VST3 plugins, added context menu support for (some) VST 3.5 plugins.
FL Studio is available to purchase starting at $99 USD. New Image-Line customers receive 10% discount on their first order at the Image-Line online shop.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
Ableton has updated its Live music production software to version 9.1, providing several significant improvements for users of Live 9 and Push.
Live 9.1 takes advantage of multiple monitors to show you more at once.
Live 9.1 introduces support for two windows, including the option to place the windows on different monitors. Want to use the Session View mixer while keeping an eye on the Arrangement? How about using one monitor for tweaking effects parameters and another monitor for editing a MIDI clip? We hope this feature will please those users who told us how keen they are on dual monitor support, and it certainly promises to be a workflow booster for many music-making scenarios.
For Push owners, Live 9.1 introduces a brand new melodic step sequencer. Enter notes manually, or play them in, then edit each note in the sequence precisely – all via the hands-on interface of Push. Plus, you can now edit automation with step-by-step accuracy – maybe open up a filter for single notes, or add a splash of reverb to the last notes of a sequence.
Finally, there are a couple of under the hood changes that we’d like to draw your attention to. Live 9.1 includes a new rendering algorithm for better quality audio when exporting from higher to lower sample rates – for instance, going from 96kHz to 44.1kHz. Also, rendering now uses multiple cores, which can result in much faster exports. Ultra high-quality rendering and faster renders – now in Live 9.1.
Read the release notes for more details on what is new in Live 9.1.
The update is free for all owners of Live 9 (manual download required, earlier versions of Live 9 will not automatically update to Live 9.1).
More information: Ableton / Live
eaReckon has announced version 1.5 of its BloXpander VST host software for live performance.
This VST host has been designed to meet the requirements of musicians and sound engineers in live situations. As a serious musician, you surely need a complete DAW to record your music, but when you are in front of your audience, it may be easier to use something dedicated to live situations.
And during live situations, the access to your instruments and effects must be fast and intuitive. The adjustment of these must be done efficiently, and the necessary software sub layers running on your computer should not be your concern when it comes to play or produce music.
Changes in BloXpander v1.5
- New “Live View” – You can now switch from the classic console View to a “Live View” providing essential controls to be used once your scenes prepared. Controls in the Live View are highly contrasted and quite large (touchscreen friendly). The “Live View” can also be used to manage your scenes and sets the easy way. For example, it is possible to move or copy a scene from a set to another (drag n drop), rename it or change its index in the set from an easy dialog.
- Improved user interface – If we look beyond the updated graphics that improve the overall look of the console and the redesigned plug-ins case, some controls have also been added or relocated in order to provide a better workflow. The following details represent a non-exhaustive list of changes. The automatic layout adaption should work better with small screens (especially when the resolution height is 768). Should the screen or window width be too small to display the Console View (between 600 and 960 pixels), the Live View will automatically be activated. If you are using a Tablet PC with a screen resolution of 1280×800 (800×1280 in “portrait” mode), it should then be possible to switch from the Console View to the Live View by tilting your device. Transport controls are now accessible from a “Big Display” panel which includes the LCD emulation. This panel can be hidden and can have a semi-transparent aspect. For your convenience, an extra Play button and a Tempo control have been added to the “Touch Zone”. Side panels can be hidden in order to enlarge the console. Finally, the background of the console view can be customized and you still have the option to choose between the new console layout and the previous one.
- The interface is now available in three languages : English, French and German.
- Master Record – It is now possible to record the master bus to a WAV file.
- Improved MIDI engine:
- “Insert Subscene Lock” option.
- Inserts can now be selectively locked so their state does not change when a subscene is called. For example, this feature can be used to avoid a sampler to reload its content when switching to another scene while allowing effects to be updated.
- The “lock” state of each insert is saved with scenes.
- Various improvements:
- Channel names can be edited (and saved with scenes).
- Improved “MIDI Sync In” option (featuring an offset option).
- New per-plug-in “Hot Update” option: will speed up the scene loading process when some specific plug-ins (samplers/romplers mostly) are involved.
- New per-plug-in “Force MIDI process” option which should help plug-ins that do not explicitly report their MIDI capabilities to work as expected.
- New global “Master Mode” option: can be used to specify whether or not the Master level should be recalled from scenes.
- New global transpose option in the MIDI filter: can be used to quickly set a global transpose value that will be applied to all channels.
- The previous “subscene store” process has been replaced by a more direct and less confusing “Store/Call” mode switch.
- Improved minimizing process and new tray icon.
- Hot Keys can be selectively enabled/disabled and are automatically disabled when BloXpander is minimized.
- New “Expert” options.
- The tempo value is now stored with subscenes.
- New “default” scene option (to be loaded on launch).
- Updated manuals.
- Fixed bugs:
- Improved “MIDI Plug-ins Recall” feature (avoids a potential crash).
- Improved handling of some specific resizable plug-ins (these plug-ins were not resized correctly).
- Improved inserts drag n drop (copy/move) feature (avoids a potential crash).
- Various minor bug fixes.
BloXpander for Windows costs 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander