Time+Space has announced it is now shipping 5 new titles from the ‘A’ Class Series by Digital Redux.
New ‘A’ Class Series titles
- Minimalizms, the ultimate sample library for the minimal electronic music producer. Fresh sample material covering all minimal styles from Techno, to Micro-House, to Glitch, to IDM and much more.
- Dubstep Plates, a fresh sample library for producers of all styles of Dubstep. Covering the full circumference from the dark and moody, to dubby and the more upbeat pieces.
- Phat City Beatz, a huge collection of over 500 of the hottest, professionally produced Hip Hop and RnB beats. Covering all styles, from beats for the club through to the deeper grooves.
- Bass is Nasty, a one of a kind and huge collection of uniquely processed synthesizer bass samples. The sample library is an essential tool for producers that want to add some grit to grunge to the low end.
- Guitar Legend, created for the professional producer needing a powerful guitar library at their fingertips.
These Digital Redux titles have an RRP of £20 GBP / 26 EUR each.
Visit Time+Space for more information.
Loop Cache’s latest offering of loops is Abstract Percussion, a collection of loops designed for layering with a basic kick and snare.
These kickless loops are ideal for dropping into a mix for some extra sparkle and percussive interest in an otherwise straight ahead sounding track or ableton live DJ set.
Abstract Percussion features
- 262 loops in Wav in REX formats, 24 bit.
- BPMs range from 120 to 127.
The loops are grouped in some 30+ categories. Titles such as BuzzBleeps and TinCanBeat are a good indication of the type of sound of these loops.
So what do I think?
Abstract Percussion is great for spicing up your basic beats, but you can also work the other way around. I was quite inspired by some of these loops when using them as a starting point.
Loop Cache’s Odd, obtuse and vicious percussive description fits these samples well, glitchy without getting too crazy.
If IDM is your thing you should definitely check out the free demo pack with some loops from Abstract Percussion. At $50 USD it’s not the cheapest pack of loops you’re going to find, but it may very well be worth your money if you’re looking for some quality glitchy loops with a unique sound.
More information: Loop Cache Abstract Percussion
Sonic Cinema is offering a couple of lovely sample packs for download.
Durk Kooistra writes:
Sonic cinema provides you with top-notch free sample packs. Carefully selected samples suited for cinematic music, IDM, film scores or even musique concrete.
The following sample packs are currently available for download.
Sonic Cinema – Foley Series Vol. 1 & 2 and Drill ‘n Crack Pack
- Foley Series Vol. 1 – Gloves and brushes (WAV and Soundforge files), a ACIDized sample pack and the first edition of Sonic Cinema’s Foley Series. Containing foley sounds for that extra touch in your production. Be it a score for film or a cinematic music piece.
- Foley Series Vol. 2 – Jazzy Glitches (Kontakt), an exclusive Sonic Cinema kit ready to provide you with some lush purcusive sounds, brush strokes and glitchy FX. Based on the powerful NI Kontakt engine you can tweak these samples to your liking. The glitches and FX were edited in the studio.
- Drill ‘n Crack Pack (Kontakt), provides you with lush yet gritty glitch sounds. With this pack you can intuitively control the length of a glitchy snare and groove without the painstaking process of tweaking fx for every re-trigger or loop.
All the samples are 16-bit/1411kbps, recorded stereo in a foley pit with two condenser mics.
Visit Sonic Cinema for more information and links to download these free samples.
Atypical Audio has released Glitch Gumbo Vol 1, a new download pack featuring electronic breaks and percussion loops.
The emphasis of this download pack is on experimental breaks and beats, while retaining a good dose of funk and groove. The loops build on ideas from IDM, techno and hip-hop to create an original collection of warped percussive sounds. The consistent use of timestretching, granular synthesis and programmed beat deconstruction techniques makes for a futuristic sounding download pack.
Glitch Gumbo Vol 1 features
- 66 unique loops in Acid or Mac loop formats
- Wav or Aif, you choose
- 16 bit / 44.1 Khz quality
- Track titles contain convenient bpm info
- Instant download after purchase
- 100% royalty free!
- File size 90 Mb
Glitch Gumbo Vol 1 is available in PC and Mac loop formats at the introductory price of 4.99 EUR (until April 2008).
A free Download Pack and Battery 3 Kits are available for download here.
Visit Atypical Audio for more information and audio demos.
KILN has given XLR8R readers an exclusive download (free) of Fyrepond, the opening track of the bands long-player Dusker.
The next release from the esteemed Ghostly International imprint comes in the form of electro-acoustic trio KILN (a.k.a one of the few bands that makes textured, experimental instrumentation exciting). Although the band refuses to play live, it has a prolific release history that spans ten years and several labels like Infraction and Division.
Download KILN’s “Fyrepond” here.
Xoxos has released Noisemo, a freeware VSTi plug-in for Windows PC.
xoxos Noisemo GUI
Noisemo features 2 synced noise ‘oscillators’ with an ‘autoblend’. The result sounds like overprocessed samples, good for idm, d&b fx, etc. Noisemo includes 16 presets to get you started.
Looks like a nice synth to experiment with. Download it from xoxos.net here.