Sonic Cinema is offering a couple of lovely sample packs for download.
Durk Kooistra writes:
Sonic cinema provides you with top-notch free sample packs. Carefully selected samples suited for cinematic music, IDM, film scores or even musique concrete.
The following sample packs are currently available for download.
Sonic Cinema – Foley Series Vol. 1 & 2 and Drill ‘n Crack Pack
- Foley Series Vol. 1 – Gloves and brushes (WAV and Soundforge files), a ACIDized sample pack and the first edition of Sonic Cinema’s Foley Series. Containing foley sounds for that extra touch in your production. Be it a score for film or a cinematic music piece.
- Foley Series Vol. 2 – Jazzy Glitches (Kontakt), an exclusive Sonic Cinema kit ready to provide you with some lush purcusive sounds, brush strokes and glitchy FX. Based on the powerful NI Kontakt engine you can tweak these samples to your liking. The glitches and FX were edited in the studio.
- Drill ‘n Crack Pack (Kontakt), provides you with lush yet gritty glitch sounds. With this pack you can intuitively control the length of a glitchy snare and groove without the painstaking process of tweaking fx for every re-trigger or loop.
All the samples are 16-bit/1411kbps, recorded stereo in a foley pit with two condenser mics.
Visit Sonic Cinema for more information and links to download these free samples.
Atypical Audio has released Glitch Gumbo Vol 1, a new download pack featuring electronic breaks and percussion loops.
The emphasis of this download pack is on experimental breaks and beats, while retaining a good dose of funk and groove. The loops build on ideas from IDM, techno and hip-hop to create an original collection of warped percussive sounds. The consistent use of timestretching, granular synthesis and programmed beat deconstruction techniques makes for a futuristic sounding download pack.
Glitch Gumbo Vol 1 features
- 66 unique loops in Acid or Mac loop formats
- Wav or Aif, you choose
- 16 bit / 44.1 Khz quality
- Track titles contain convenient bpm info
- Instant download after purchase
- 100% royalty free!
- File size 90 Mb
Glitch Gumbo Vol 1 is available in PC and Mac loop formats at the introductory price of 4.99 EUR (until April 2008).
A free Download Pack and Battery 3 Kits are available for download here.
Visit Atypical Audio for more information and audio demos.
KILN has given XLR8R readers an exclusive download (free) of Fyrepond, the opening track of the bands long-player Dusker.
The next release from the esteemed Ghostly International imprint comes in the form of electro-acoustic trio KILN (a.k.a one of the few bands that makes textured, experimental instrumentation exciting). Although the band refuses to play live, it has a prolific release history that spans ten years and several labels like Infraction and Division.
Download KILN’s “Fyrepond” here.
Xoxos has released Noisemo, a freeware VSTi plug-in for Windows PC.
xoxos Noisemo GUI
Noisemo features 2 synced noise ‘oscillators’ with an ‘autoblend’. The result sounds like overprocessed samples, good for idm, d&b fx, etc. Noisemo includes 16 presets to get you started.
Looks like a nice synth to experiment with. Download it from xoxos.net here.
Soniccouture has released Abstrakt Breaks 2. This successor to Abstrakt Breaks is a superb collection of complex, exciting hi-tech drum loops.
Ideal for producers of Electronica, IDM, Glitch, Industrial and Film soundtracks, this collection sets a new standard for Loop Libraries. Produced and mastered at 24 bit, the sparkling sharp sound ensures you have a full frequency range to shape and mould into your production.
Abstrakt Breaks 2 features
- Formats: WAV, Rex, Apple Loops
- 253 24-bit 44.1 Loops
- 530 MB Library (all 3 formats 1.3 GB)
- Grooves spilt into ‘stackable’ component parts
- Component Loops can be mixed and matched to give huge numbers of possibilities
- Down and Up BPM Categories
- Sample Accurate Precision Looping
- Fully Produced and Mastered at 24 bit Resolution
- License free
Abstrakt Breaks 2 is available as a download (via PayPal, disc order coming) and costs 30 pounds (~$60 US).
Visit Soniccouture for more information and audio demos.