IK Multimedia has announced the release of SampleTank 3 Free, a free version of the sound and groove workstation instrument for Windows and Mac.
Now you can experience the full creative power of SampleTank 3 for free via a selection of high-quality instruments that illustrate its completely redesigned user interface, 64-bit compatibility, 55 high-quality effects, new loop and groove management tools, enhanced sample engine and broad-reaching sonic versatility.
SampleTank 3 Free is essentially a fully functioning version of SampleTank 3: The only difference is that SampleTank 3 Free features a small portion of the high-quality sounds featured in the full version. This library is expandable; IK will add instruments to SampleTank 3 Free until a total of 22 instruments are available.
The first instrument included is Grand Piano 1 SE, a beautifully rendered representation of a Hamburg-made concert grand piano that’s been meticulously sampled down to the finest detail. It provides you with an extremely musical, dynamic and naturally versatile instrument that fits perfectly in any style of music from classical to rock and from jazz to soul. Its state-of-the-art programming and included high-end effects — like its virtual piano lid and true-to-life string and soundboard harmonic resonance — make for a fantastic playing experience that will make you believe you’re in the room with one of the richest and most beautiful concert grand pianos of all time. And you’ll also have infinite sound sculpting possibilities thanks to SampleTank 3′s immense studio FX collection: Now you’re covered for literally all the acoustic piano sounds your productions could ever call for.
Like SampleTank 3, all of SampleTank 3 Free’s sounds have been sampled and painstakingly crafted by IK’s team of professional audio engineers, with new lifelike expressiveness thanks to SampleTank 3 multiple articulations and new “round-robin” features. Musicians will enjoy the depth and nuance of their favorite instruments like never before: SampleTank 3 Free’s selection of sounds shine brightly and stand out in any mix with little-to-no adjustment required. Powerful, functional and effortless, SampleTank 3 Free is your free entry into a whole new world of sounds.
SampleTank 3 Free for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX/Standalone) is available to download at no charge.
More information: IK Multimedia / SampleTank 3 Free
IK Multimedia is now shipping SampleTank 3, the sound and groove workstation for Windows and Mac.
SampleTank 3 features a 33 GB sound library (containing over 4,000 instruments), 64-bit compatibility, completely redesigned user interface, 55 high-quality effects, new loop and groove management and an enhanced sample engine.
SampleTank 3 gives musicians a wider selection than ever before, with over 4,000 instruments to choose from in 21 categories that stretch across every genre and style imaginable — everything from acoustic to electric, ethnic to electronic and beyond.
All of SampleTank 3′s sounds have been sampled and crafted by IK’s team of professional audio engineers, with new lifelike expressiveness thanks to SampleTank 3 multiple articulations and new “round-robin” features. Musicians will enjoy the depth and nuance of their favorite instruments like never before: SampleTank 3′s pianos, drums, basses, guitars, synthesizers, brass, strings, vocals and other more exotic sounds shine brightly and stand out in any mix with little-to-no adjustment required.
Changes in SampleTank 3
- Over 33 GB of included sounds.
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering the entire span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds.
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists.
- Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories.
- Completely redesigned interface with 3 main environments: Play, Mix and Edit that retain SampleTank’s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation.
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer.
- All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing.
- “Round robin” and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity.
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument.
- 55 high-quality integrated effects, including 22 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IK’s studio-grade T-RackS and AmpliTube production software.
- New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance.
- Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall.
- Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows.
- Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis).
SampleTank 3 is available for the introductory price of $299.00 USD/239 EUR until September 30th, 2014. SampleTank 2 XL or Miroslav Philharmonik full users can upgrade for $149 USD/119.99 EUR, and users of other paid IK software pay $199 USD/159.99 EUR. Regular prices are $349.99 USD/279.99 EUR, $199.99/159.99 and $249.99/199.99 EUR, respectively. Prices excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia / SampleTank 3
IK Multimedia has released version 3.14 of its AmpliTube Custom Shop, which adds the Morley Contour Wah pedal model and offers general reliability improvements.
Morley has been making products for musicians since the 1960s. The Lubow Brothers “Tel-Ray” company made the first effect pedal that simulated the effect of the “Leslie” rotating speaker cabinet, providing “more-lee” (which became Morley) for players. They were also pioneers in using electro optical components in their pedals to prevent premature mechanical failure issues – a philosophy used to this day at Morley.
The Contour Wah was developed in joint cooperation with Morley. Thanks to its array of controls it can be tweaked to suite many styles and sounds; the Contour and Level controls allow to fine-tune the high-end response and personality of the pedal from mellow to bright and cutting, while the Auto-off feature adds flexibility to the pedal’s functionality. It works with Bass guitar too.
The AmpliTube Custom Shop update is available to download now. New models are available for purchase with Custom Shop Gear Credits. Contour Wah pedal costs 20 credits.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has released iRig MIDI 2, a portable Lighting/USB MIDI interface.
Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices as well as Mac and PC.
It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it’s the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
iRig MIDI 2 features
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC.
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere.
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity.
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately.
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports.
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission.
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor.
- Comes with a powerful suite of music creation apps SampleTank Free, iGrand Piano FREE and SampleTank 3 SE.
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure.
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy.
iRig MIDI 2 is available for purchase for 79.99 EUR / $99.99 USD (excl. taxes).
More information: IK Multimedia / iRig MIDI 2
IK Multimedia has announced that its SampleTank 3 virtual instrument is coming in July.
Over 10 years in the making, SampleTank 3 is finally coming out this July. With 33 GB of sounds, over 4,000 instruments, over 2,000 MIDI files and 2,500 loops, SampleTank 3 sets the new standard for software sound workstations.
It’s been rebuilt from the ground up: it has a completely new sound set, fully redesigned easy-to-use interface, new sounds with true-to-life “round robin” and multiple articulations, a new patterns player with MIDI patterns, new effects derived from AmpliTube and T-RackS, a new loop management feature, new filters, a new Live mode and much more.
Powerful, functional and effortless, SampleTank 3 is your essential tool for studio composition and live performance.
SampleTank 3 will be available for download in July. Until its release it can be purchased at a special pre-order price:
- Upgrade $99.99 USD/79.99 EUR — For all SampleTank 2 XL and Miroslav Philharmonik full users (including Total Studio and Total Workstation users).
- Crossgrade $149.99 USD/119.99 EUR — For all IK users of paid software, apps and hardware.
- Regular version $249.99 USD/199.99 EUR.
On release SampleTank 3 will be available for a 2-month introductory price:
- Upgrade $149.99 USD/119.99 EUR (regular $199.99 USD/159.99 EUR).
- Crossgrade $199.99 USD/159.99 EUR (regular $249.99 USD/199.99 EUR).
- Regular $299.99 USD/239.99 EUR (regular $349.99 USD/279.99 EUR).
A boxed version will also be available after release. Prices are excluding taxes. JamPoints or coupons cannot be applied on pre-orders.
More information: IK Multimedia / SampleTank 3
IK Multimedia has released version 3.13 of AmpliTube Custom Shop, which now includes all-new models of the Pinnacle Deluxe and Nirvana Chorus stomps from Wampler Pedals.
With those summer gigs right around the corner, IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release all-new models of the Pinnacle Deluxe and Nirvana Chorus stomps from Wampler Pedals.
Developed in joint cooperation with boutique stompbox effects manufacturer Wampler Pedals, both of these top models give guitar players new high-end power tools to sculpt their tones with unique precision and character. Download them now in the AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac/PC today!
The new Wampler Pedals models are available for 20 Custom Shop Gear Credits each. Gear Credit Packs start at $19.99 USD/15.99 EUR (for 20 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has announced the release of the iRing motion-tracking controller for iDevices.
Originally presented at CES 2014, iRing is a wearable and affordable controller for iOS music apps and more. It allows touch-less parameter control via state-of-the-art motion-tracking technology.
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device’s front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
Also included are two free apps for music applications, which are intended for everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
iRing Music Maker is a free app designed to give music lovers and DJs a fun new way to create
music and grooves using hand gestures, no matter what their skill level. iRing Music Maker
utilizes music “loops” that always sound good together and can be remixed in virtually limitless
combinations by simply waving the hands with the iRing controllers in front of the device’s
camera. To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
iRing FX/Controller is the app for musicians and DJs that is both a real-time audio
effects processor and a MIDI controller with fully assignable parameters. It can be used as a
touch-less outboard audio effects processor, or can be fully configured to send multiple
simultaneous MIDI parameters such as control changes, notes, or any other MIDI messages.
To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
There is an SDK and a free licensing program available upon request for developers who want to integrate motion control into their apps.
The iRing is available for purchase in three colors (white, green and grey) for $24.99 USD / 19.99 EUR (ex. taxes). iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRing