IK Multimedia has released version 3.14 of its AmpliTube Custom Shop, which adds the Morley Contour Wah pedal model and offers general reliability improvements.
Morley has been making products for musicians since the 1960s. The Lubow Brothers “Tel-Ray” company made the first effect pedal that simulated the effect of the “Leslie” rotating speaker cabinet, providing “more-lee” (which became Morley) for players. They were also pioneers in using electro optical components in their pedals to prevent premature mechanical failure issues – a philosophy used to this day at Morley.
The Contour Wah was developed in joint cooperation with Morley. Thanks to its array of controls it can be tweaked to suite many styles and sounds; the Contour and Level controls allow to fine-tune the high-end response and personality of the pedal from mellow to bright and cutting, while the Auto-off feature adds flexibility to the pedal’s functionality. It works with Bass guitar too.
The AmpliTube Custom Shop update is available to download now. New models are available for purchase with Custom Shop Gear Credits. Contour Wah pedal costs 20 credits.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has released iRig MIDI 2, a portable Lighting/USB MIDI interface.
Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices as well as Mac and PC.
It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it’s the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
iRig MIDI 2 features
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC.
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere.
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity.
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately.
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports.
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission.
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor.
- Comes with a powerful suite of music creation apps SampleTank Free, iGrand Piano FREE and SampleTank 3 SE.
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure.
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy.
iRig MIDI 2 is available for purchase for 79.99 EUR / $99.99 USD (excl. taxes).
More information: IK Multimedia / iRig MIDI 2
IK Multimedia has announced that its SampleTank 3 virtual instrument is coming in July.
Over 10 years in the making, SampleTank 3 is finally coming out this July. With 33 GB of sounds, over 4,000 instruments, over 2,000 MIDI files and 2,500 loops, SampleTank 3 sets the new standard for software sound workstations.
It’s been rebuilt from the ground up: it has a completely new sound set, fully redesigned easy-to-use interface, new sounds with true-to-life “round robin” and multiple articulations, a new patterns player with MIDI patterns, new effects derived from AmpliTube and T-RackS, a new loop management feature, new filters, a new Live mode and much more.
Powerful, functional and effortless, SampleTank 3 is your essential tool for studio composition and live performance.
SampleTank 3 will be available for download in July. Until its release it can be purchased at a special pre-order price:
- Upgrade $99.99 USD/79.99 EUR — For all SampleTank 2 XL and Miroslav Philharmonik full users (including Total Studio and Total Workstation users).
- Crossgrade $149.99 USD/119.99 EUR — For all IK users of paid software, apps and hardware.
- Regular version $249.99 USD/199.99 EUR.
On release SampleTank 3 will be available for a 2-month introductory price:
- Upgrade $149.99 USD/119.99 EUR (regular $199.99 USD/159.99 EUR).
- Crossgrade $199.99 USD/159.99 EUR (regular $249.99 USD/199.99 EUR).
- Regular $299.99 USD/239.99 EUR (regular $349.99 USD/279.99 EUR).
A boxed version will also be available after release. Prices are excluding taxes. JamPoints or coupons cannot be applied on pre-orders.
More information: IK Multimedia / SampleTank 3
IK Multimedia has released version 3.13 of AmpliTube Custom Shop, which now includes all-new models of the Pinnacle Deluxe and Nirvana Chorus stomps from Wampler Pedals.
With those summer gigs right around the corner, IK Multimedia is proud to announce the release all-new models of the Pinnacle Deluxe and Nirvana Chorus stomps from Wampler Pedals.
Developed in joint cooperation with boutique stompbox effects manufacturer Wampler Pedals, both of these top models give guitar players new high-end power tools to sculpt their tones with unique precision and character. Download them now in the AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac/PC today!
The new Wampler Pedals models are available for 20 Custom Shop Gear Credits each. Gear Credit Packs start at $19.99 USD/15.99 EUR (for 20 credits).
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has announced the release of the iRing motion-tracking controller for iDevices.
Originally presented at CES 2014, iRing is a wearable and affordable controller for iOS music apps and more. It allows touch-less parameter control via state-of-the-art motion-tracking technology.
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device’s front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
Also included are two free apps for music applications, which are intended for everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
iRing Music Maker is a free app designed to give music lovers and DJs a fun new way to create
music and grooves using hand gestures, no matter what their skill level. iRing Music Maker
utilizes music “loops” that always sound good together and can be remixed in virtually limitless
combinations by simply waving the hands with the iRing controllers in front of the device’s
camera. To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
iRing FX/Controller is the app for musicians and DJs that is both a real-time audio
effects processor and a MIDI controller with fully assignable parameters. It can be used as a
touch-less outboard audio effects processor, or can be fully configured to send multiple
simultaneous MIDI parameters such as control changes, notes, or any other MIDI messages.
To learn more about iRing Music Maker, watch this video playlist.
There is an SDK and a free licensing program available upon request for developers who want to integrate motion control into their apps.
The iRing is available for purchase in three colors (white, green and grey) for $24.99 USD / 19.99 EUR (ex. taxes). iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
More information: IK Multimedia / iRing
IK Multimedia has announced a Virtual Instruments Blowout Sale, offering selected instrument libraries at a discount.
From May 6th – 20th, 2014, get your favorite IK Virtual Instruments and all Xpansion Tank products for an incredibly low price. That’s right, we are blowing out the prices on some of our most popular plug-ins to make way for the impending arrival of SampleTank 3!
In anticipation of this, we’ve slashed prices on some or our most popular VI’s to only $29.99/€23.99, and all Xpansion Tank titles to only $14.99/€11.99. Get the sounds you’ve been looking for at these great promotional prices today!
The sale ends May 20th, 2014.
More information: IK Multimedia / Virtual Instruments Blowout Sale
IK Multimedia has announced version 4.6 of T-RackS CS (Custom Shop), featuring the EQ 73 and the EQ 81, two new must-have British EQ models that provide the warmth and tone heard on countless recordings around the globe.
The new T-RackS EQ 73 model is based upon a classic British hardware unit that is universally acknowledged as the most used preamp in music recording history. The original “class A” device has a sonic signature almost instantly recognizable to engineers and recording enthusiasts the world over. Thanks to its unique and innovative circuitry the signal passing through it becomes thick and bold making every instrument stand out with audible fullness. The T-Racks EQ 73 model captures this nuance so that even in the DAW environment the tone stays intact.
The EQ 73 is an extraordinary EQ, and our engineers went the extra mile to make sure the part of the preamp circuitry functionality was captured as well — a feature no other emulation on the market has included. The interaction between the preamp and the EQ section is what makes this legendary EQ so desirable. The gain range is so wide that many color shades can be found. At lower settings it adds some harmonic coloration that will make kicks or snare fatter and punchier. Going up the gain hill moves it into downright distortion with an analog saturation rarely found in DAW plug ins. This is a killer function that adds that elusive “analog” character to a sterile sounding track, or provides a new creative effect.
Following in the footsteps of its older sibling, the EQ 81 takes the word versatility even further; the EQ section is composed of 4 independent frequency bands, rounded out by high and low pass filters to eliminate unwanted frequencies from the signal. This EQ powerhouse is at home in practically any mixing work where there is the need to sculpt the tone of a track with precision and musicality. Plus, adding to the versatility is the ability of the high and low shelving bands to become peaking type if needed.
As with the EQ 73 model, IK Engineers made sure the preamp circuitry modeling was ultra-accurate and usable. It’s class A/B circuit design delivers another range of tonal coloration, and while the EQ section is so accurately modeled in the EQ 81, its interaction with the preamp stage is what really sets the module apart providing identical sonic hardware performance not found in other digital models. Countless hours were spent not only in making sure the EQ curves are dead-on accurate, but that the preamp response and overall module interaction was faithful to the original hardware unit.
Both the EQ 73 and the EQ 81 models have the dual concentric knobs found on the original units “separated” for easier and faster shaping, and the unit offers improved readability of the knob positions for quick adjustment.
The T-RackS Model EQ 73 and Model EQ 81 are available for the introductory price of $124.99 USD / 99.99 EUR (excl. VAT) or 125 Custom Shop Credits.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has announced the newest release of AmpliTube Custom Shop for Windows and Mac, including top models from the innovative high-gain German amplifier manufacturer ENGL.
These new models give metal and classic to modern hard rock players new high-end power tools to perfectly sculpt their tones in their DAW.
ENGL models in AmpliTube Custom Shop
- ENGL E650 – The E650 all-tube amp head is an ENGL signature model that brings an incredible range of rhythm and high-gain lead tones from a dual mode amp. It delivers a vast array of tones from sparkling clean to bone-crunching distortion, and everything in between thanks to its two switchable channels with different gain ranges, a shared EQ section and a separate contour button and bright switches for fine-tuning the midrange and top-end response. The ENGL E650 conjures up classic rock-god tones from the 80s and 90s as well as heavy crunch and distortion for tomorrow’s tone connoisseurs.
- ENGL Powerball – The ENGL Powerball model is based on one of the most powerful modern high-gain amplifiers. It is highly regarded for heavy rhythm tones and its many sound-sculpting options. The Powerball model has two main channels, and then each channel has two different modes. Channel I offers “Clean” and “Crunch,” and Channel II has “Low Lead” and “High Lead.” It has the power and flexibility to create everything from modern super high-gain leads to heavy crunch rhythms to ultra-clear clean tones.
- ENGL Cabinets – The new AmpliTube CS release also features two matched ENGL speaker cabinets: the E412 Standard and the E412 Pro XXL. These perfect companion cabinets are capable of rendering the complex harmonic structure, razor sharp attack and massive low end thump of the amplifiers at their best, without losing anything in the midrange frequencies.
The new ENGL models are available in the AmpliTube Custom Shop to users of AmpliTube version 3.12, which is also a free update for current AmpliTube owners. The gear models in the Custom Shop are sold using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 30 credits each.
More information: IK Multimedia