IK Multimedia has announced version 4.6 of T-RackS CS (Custom Shop), featuring the EQ 73 and the EQ 81, two new must-have British EQ models that provide the warmth and tone heard on countless recordings around the globe.
The new T-RackS EQ 73 model is based upon a classic British hardware unit that is universally acknowledged as the most used preamp in music recording history. The original “class A” device has a sonic signature almost instantly recognizable to engineers and recording enthusiasts the world over. Thanks to its unique and innovative circuitry the signal passing through it becomes thick and bold making every instrument stand out with audible fullness. The T-Racks EQ 73 model captures this nuance so that even in the DAW environment the tone stays intact.
The EQ 73 is an extraordinary EQ, and our engineers went the extra mile to make sure the part of the preamp circuitry functionality was captured as well — a feature no other emulation on the market has included. The interaction between the preamp and the EQ section is what makes this legendary EQ so desirable. The gain range is so wide that many color shades can be found. At lower settings it adds some harmonic coloration that will make kicks or snare fatter and punchier. Going up the gain hill moves it into downright distortion with an analog saturation rarely found in DAW plug ins. This is a killer function that adds that elusive “analog” character to a sterile sounding track, or provides a new creative effect.
Following in the footsteps of its older sibling, the EQ 81 takes the word versatility even further; the EQ section is composed of 4 independent frequency bands, rounded out by high and low pass filters to eliminate unwanted frequencies from the signal. This EQ powerhouse is at home in practically any mixing work where there is the need to sculpt the tone of a track with precision and musicality. Plus, adding to the versatility is the ability of the high and low shelving bands to become peaking type if needed.
As with the EQ 73 model, IK Engineers made sure the preamp circuitry modeling was ultra-accurate and usable. It’s class A/B circuit design delivers another range of tonal coloration, and while the EQ section is so accurately modeled in the EQ 81, its interaction with the preamp stage is what really sets the module apart providing identical sonic hardware performance not found in other digital models. Countless hours were spent not only in making sure the EQ curves are dead-on accurate, but that the preamp response and overall module interaction was faithful to the original hardware unit.
Both the EQ 73 and the EQ 81 models have the dual concentric knobs found on the original units “separated” for easier and faster shaping, and the unit offers improved readability of the knob positions for quick adjustment.
The T-RackS Model EQ 73 and Model EQ 81 are available for the introductory price of $124.99 USD / 99.99 EUR (excl. VAT) or 125 Custom Shop Credits.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
IK Multimedia has announced the newest release of AmpliTube Custom Shop for Windows and Mac, including top models from the innovative high-gain German amplifier manufacturer ENGL.
These new models give metal and classic to modern hard rock players new high-end power tools to perfectly sculpt their tones in their DAW.
ENGL models in AmpliTube Custom Shop
- ENGL E650 – The E650 all-tube amp head is an ENGL signature model that brings an incredible range of rhythm and high-gain lead tones from a dual mode amp. It delivers a vast array of tones from sparkling clean to bone-crunching distortion, and everything in between thanks to its two switchable channels with different gain ranges, a shared EQ section and a separate contour button and bright switches for fine-tuning the midrange and top-end response. The ENGL E650 conjures up classic rock-god tones from the 80s and 90s as well as heavy crunch and distortion for tomorrow’s tone connoisseurs.
- ENGL Powerball – The ENGL Powerball model is based on one of the most powerful modern high-gain amplifiers. It is highly regarded for heavy rhythm tones and its many sound-sculpting options. The Powerball model has two main channels, and then each channel has two different modes. Channel I offers “Clean” and “Crunch,” and Channel II has “Low Lead” and “High Lead.” It has the power and flexibility to create everything from modern super high-gain leads to heavy crunch rhythms to ultra-clear clean tones.
- ENGL Cabinets – The new AmpliTube CS release also features two matched ENGL speaker cabinets: the E412 Standard and the E412 Pro XXL. These perfect companion cabinets are capable of rendering the complex harmonic structure, razor sharp attack and massive low end thump of the amplifiers at their best, without losing anything in the midrange frequencies.
The new ENGL models are available in the AmpliTube Custom Shop to users of AmpliTube version 3.12, which is also a free update for current AmpliTube owners. The gear models in the Custom Shop are sold using Gear Credits and are priced between 5 and 30 credits each.
More information: IK Multimedia
IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Orange for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Officially licensed and developed in close partnership with Orange Amplification, the new AmpliTube Orange for iPad and for iPhone/iPhone Touch is a real time mobile Orange Amplifier and effects studio featuring digital models of 5 classic and modern Orange guitar amplifiers and one Orange bass amplifier.
Each amp and cab model has been meticulously recreated in both looks and sound to deliver spot-on Orange tone any time, everywhere.
AmpliTube Orange for iOS features
- Real-time Orange amp and effects guitar/bass suite.
- 5 Classic and modern officially certified Orange guitar amps: OR50, Rockerverb 50, Thunderverb 200, Tiny Terror, AD 30, AD 200 MK 3 Bass Amp.
- Matching speaker cabinet models can be mixed & matched.
- Selectable speaker mic choices: passive & condenser.
- 4 Stomps: Echo Trip delay, Highway Drive overdrive, Shaker tremolo, Noise filter.
- Built-in tuner, metronome.
- 4 (iPad)/3 (iPhone) slots for daisy chained stompbox effects.
- Single track recorder included (expandable to 8 (iPad)/4 (iPhone) tracks with bounce feature, master effects via in-app purchase).
- Song section for importing device library music and play-along.
- MIDI controllable via iRig PRO or iRig MIDI.
- Create and save presets.
- Works with all IK Multimedia mobile interfaces like iRig PRO, iRig HD or iRig Stomp.
- Standalone app or available as in-app bundle in AmpliTube for iPad/iPhone.
- Full production music suite for your iPad.
- Designed and engineered in Italy.
AmpliTube Orange for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch is available for purchase for $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR each. The 4–Track recorder and 8-Track recorder with master effects section are an in-app purchase for $9.99 USD/8.99 EUR and $14.99 USD/13.99 EUR respectively.
More information: IK Multimedia / AmpliTube Orange for iPad
IK Multimedia has released version 2.2 of its ARC advanced room correction system, adding 64 bit AAX compatibility.
ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution The latest update to ARC System 2 adds AAX 64-bit compatibilty with Avid Pro Tools 11.
Please note: For compatibilty reasons, this is a mandatory update for T-RackS 4.5 users. ARC 2.2 is the only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution.
ARC System 2 is available to purchase for 249.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / ARC System 2
IK Multimedia has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPad, the most powerful mobile loop based music making app with a patented “groove generator” engine that lets anyone create professional quality non-stop grooves, beats and songs in real time.
GrooveMaker 2.1 adds universal compatibility that provides iPad users with an intuitive groove making interface and full suite of professional tools and effects for creating music and grooves on the go on an iPad.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a completely new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build grooves and complete songs.
GrooveMaker 2 gives users total control over the creation, mixing and remixing process from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls. With GrooveMaker 2, anyone can make music and be a DJ, anywhere, any time.
GrooveMaker 2 for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / GrooveMaker 2 for iPad
IK Multimedia has launched T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5, featuring the first software version ever of Master EQ 432, the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus a new streamlined user experience process.
The Master EQ 432 is based on the Sontec 432 parametric mastering equalizer.
We are proud to announce the new T-RackS® Custom Shop update including the “holy grail” of mastering EQs, Master EQ 432. This latest update adds the first software version ever of the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus multiple enhancements of the T-RackS Custom Shop environment aimed at streamlining its usability for both previous and new users.
T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5 offers a unique mixing and mastering shell system that allows the user to have up to 26 of the world’s most sought-after outboard processors all available in one product for your DAW or desktop, both singularly or together, for the highest-end sonic experience.
The Master EQ 432 is available to purchase for 119.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
, Guitar Center
, IK Multimedia
, Ohm Force
, Sugar Bytes
, XLN Audio
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2014 - 0 comments
Xchange Market Platform has announced the release of Epix Bundle 10, a package of music and audio production tools derived from a unique collaboration of 25 of the world’s best known producers of music technology products.
This bundle includes 41 high quality software tools, utilities and tutorials at an unprecedented price accessible to the working musician.
At its heart is the award winning PreSonus Studio One Producer DAW with full mastering and a full suite of software titles providing access to thousands of instruments from creators such as Arturia, Cakewalk, Sugar Bytes, XLN Audio and much, much more. On top of this, the musician will be getting drum kits and beat making tools from Image Line, Steve Slate as well as effects and treatment tools from Antares, Celemony, IK Multimedia, OHM Force and others. Finish off the selection with DJ tools, libraries, tutorials and utilities and you have everything you will ever need.
Epix 10 Bundle is available for a limited time only at Guitar Center Stores, Guitar Center.com and Musiciansfriend.com, priced at $499 USD (street).
More information: Xchange Market Platform